Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:00:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Looking for programmer, graphics artist, musician/sound
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Looking for programmer, graphics artist, musician/sound  (Read 2503 times)
m.attams
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:40:48 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is M. Attams and I'll start off by saying that I am developing a game (obviously). The game will be for PC, preferably run in an internet browser but download is fine as well. The game will be a fighting game from top-down perspective, consisting of real-time battling. The game will likely be a long-term project.

Gameplay: Each character has 9 possible attacks. 3 are chosen before the match starts, and you use these three. Some attacks do damage but instead some have other beneficial effects. As the players battle, each player has an energy bar. This goes down for every action- moving, jumping, dodging/defending, and of course attacking. But it goes down way more if you get hit. Once a player's energy runs out, they turn vulnerable- a state where they blink red and can only move around slowly. If they get hit in this phase, they lose a life. The first player to lose three lives is the loser of the match, with the other player declared a winner.

I plan for the game to have a Story mode, where each character battles certain characters in a certain order, and it tells a short story along the way. A big element of the game should be online multiplayer, where you can find others to battle or battle your friends. If future time and funds allows for it, it would also be cool to add a Dungeon mode, where characters fight enemies through a dungeon and survive until they die, and a Puzzle mode, where they use characters to solve various puzzles. Other ideas aren't off limits as well.

I'd also like the game to have custom content for a paid fee. Players can pay to submit a custom character form and have a character (with limitations, of course) or fighting arena programmed into the game. If the game expands enough, more online features would be available over time.

Graphics: Since the game will be top-down, I was thinking something along the line of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past graphics, but funds allowing, graphics can be upgraded to something a bit more modern.

Payment: I prefer to pay weekly, either at the beginning or end of each week. If you want to use some sort of hour clock, that is fine too. I don't like large up-front payments. The price of this game will be discussed.

Who I'm looking for: I'm looking for programmers, graphics artists, and musicians/sounds people. Voice acting may come at a later date. I'm mainly focuing on programmers and artists. If you are more than one of those things, that's good too. In terms of programmers, please come to me with your preferred engine. With artists, I'm also looking for not just in-game graphics but promotional artwork for the game. With music, I'm not too picky on the type of music. It can be old school game music or more modern or even popular music, as long as it's original.

Please send me a message on here or email hgattams [at] usa [dot] com if interested in the project. We can discuss ideas and payment. Thank you for reading this.
Animator111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:48:28 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is M. Attams and I'll start off by saying that I am developing a game (obviously). The game will be for PC, preferably run in an internet browser but download is fine as well. The game will be a fighting game from top-down perspective, consisting of real-time battling. The game will likely be a long-term project.

Gameplay: Each character has 9 possible attacks. 3 are chosen before the match starts, and you use these three. Some attacks do damage but instead some have other beneficial effects. As the players battle, each player has an energy bar. This goes down for every action- moving, jumping, dodging/defending, and of course attacking. But it goes down way more if you get hit. Once a player's energy runs out, they turn vulnerable- a state where they blink red and can only move around slowly. If they get hit in this phase, they lose a life. The first player to lose three lives is the loser of the match, with the other player declared a winner.

I plan for the game to have a Story mode, where each character battles certain characters in a certain order, and it tells a short story along the way. A big element of the game should be online multiplayer, where you can find others to battle or battle your friends. If future time and funds allows for it, it would also be cool to add a Dungeon mode, where characters fight enemies through a dungeon and survive until they die, and a Puzzle mode, where they use characters to solve various puzzles. Other ideas aren't off limits as well.

I'd also like the game to have custom content for a paid fee. Players can pay to submit a custom character form and have a character (with limitations, of course) or fighting arena programmed into the game. If the game expands enough, more online features would be available over time.

Graphics: Since the game will be top-down, I was thinking something along the line of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past graphics, but funds allowing, graphics can be upgraded to something a bit more modern.

Payment: I prefer to pay weekly, either at the beginning or end of each week. If you want to use some sort of hour clock, that is fine too. I don't like large up-front payments. The price of this game will be discussed.

Who I'm looking for: I'm looking for programmers, graphics artists, and musicians/sounds people. Voice acting may come at a later date. I'm mainly focuing on programmers and artists. If you are more than one of those things, that's good too. In terms of programmers, please come to me with your preferred engine. With artists, I'm also looking for not just in-game graphics but promotional artwork for the game. With music, I'm not too picky on the type of music. It can be old school game music or more modern or even popular music, as long as it's original.

Please send me a message on here or email hgattams [at] usa [dot] com if interested in the project. We can discuss ideas and payment. Thank you for reading this.

Hello, I just sent you an email and a PM.
Fat Bard
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 06:40:34 AM »

Sent an email.

Fat Bard - We make memorable music and sound FX
http://www.fatbard.com
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 12:47:38 PM »

Also shot an email, because it's trendy to say that to people when you do that.

Sadsic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »

Sent an email.
abrasounds
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »

Hey there! Just sent you an email.
Cheers

sloopygoop
Level 0

8-bit magical sounds...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »

Sent an email...and a PM! Hopefully it's just being thorough and not overkill Noir

My music:
chriskoebke
Level 0

Professional tall person and gamemusic composer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 08:42:21 AM »

Sent an E-Mail.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:39 AM »

Hey there!

I sent you both an e-mail and a message, just in case one of them somehow gets lost in the empty space of the internet Tongue

I hope to hear from you soon.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 05:19:53 AM »

Just as a STRONG info - do NOT pay upfront unless you have a signed contract with the individual/team. People that take your money and runaway are everywhere.

Animator111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 02:18:58 PM »

I think this job post is FAKE.
Has anyone ever heard from this guy?
I sent him a message asking him if his post is fake or real, he never replied
or updated here after so long he has made this announcement.
gamercomposer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 12:07:58 AM »

I think this job post is FAKE.
Has anyone ever heard from this guy?
I sent him a message asking him if his post is fake or real, he never replied
or updated here after so long he has made this announcement.

Nope I haven't heard a peep.

Chase Bethea
Composer/Technical Music Designer
www.chasebethea.com
Twitter:@chasebethea
Discord: gamercomposer#5669
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic