Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:39:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Items
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Items  (Read 138651 times)
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 22, 2010, 07:49:50 AM »

and if it starts to following players rolling like red shell from SSB?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 22, 2010, 02:17:32 PM »

What you're suggesting would require significant additions to the physics engine, which isn't worthwhile for a single item.

Besides, that sounds more like a stage hazard than an item.

What if it just slid across the ground and just had low damage/knockback and only looked like it was rolling by just rolling the sprite?

But then again the beauty goo would probably be a better stage hazard anyways.

Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 22, 2010, 11:28:09 PM »

Wow sounds complex. Does anyone actually like the hard stages in smash bros?
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »

hey have you ever considered adding something from "Kodo"? maybe you never heard of it but it won a prize on 2006 as the best independent game (http://mykodo.com/). anyway the only thing i think would be useful and representative for the game is the stun-ball-thingy but there's already a stuning item (gooball) right? well how about this: the orb-ball-thingy disable the attack button if it hits a player (since you can't attack if you can't move on Kodo). good idea?

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: July 31, 2010, 06:49:22 PM »

The link to the game on their site was broken, so I can't say my first impressions are great. The suggestion isn't bad, though, if the game is a hidden gem that has somehow escaped my notice.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 31, 2010, 06:57:20 PM »

the link's not broken , you have to delete the "www." for some reason. anyway if you can't go to the page try to download the game from here (http://www.mobiles24.com/search?keywords=kodo&c=free-mobile-games&search=GO) (did i mentioned it was a mobile game Tongue?). maybe the single player mode is a bit easy and quite boring but the multiplayer just rocks!

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: July 31, 2010, 07:14:28 PM »

That's a pretty clever little game. I'll have to try playing it with friends some time.

I don't really see the connection to the item, though. And the Kodo balls are probably a little too generic to be iconic and recognizable.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 31, 2010, 07:26:03 PM »

hmmm too bad. the orb always grant you 1 or 2 kills on Kodo so it's very important, but well. btw the other day i was playing with some friends and we asked: "why the hell wadfball doesn't have friendly fire?" since there isn't a bumper-like item on the game (yet) wadfball feels really weird and pointless (seriously it dissapears too quicly for being a fun item)

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2010, 09:48:56 PM »

Perhaps there's something I'm missing in Kodo? I saw no orb.

Why would you want the Ball to have friendly fire? That would make it strictly worse (and pretty much impossible to use effectively). It's a very good item, with more range than just about anything else due to its bouncing.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 01, 2010, 08:25:56 AM »

hmmm i never thinked like that but you're right. about the orb i think it doesn't appear on the flash version, it appears on the mobile one (at least on my 128x128 mobile it appears) so if you're playing the flash version STOP and if you're playing the mobile version then i dunno what the hell is happening. if i can i'll take a photo of my phone when the orb appears ^^...

thatbrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: August 01, 2010, 09:32:12 AM »

Reminder: Talking about Kodo

Hmm I may have an idea.

How about when they appear, they first fall to ground and there their arrows appear quickly scrolling through the 4 directions. After a second the scrolling stops, and they lunge towards that direction (If they lunge upwards, it's like a jump. They can/should only lunge downwards if on a Ghost platform, and all the time gravity acts on them) then slide to a stop. Then, once they're not moving anymore and on a platform, they repeat the process two more times before disappearing. If anyone touches one, it eats you and keeps you inside until it makes the final movement, finally spitting you out.

I figure it should damage anyone inside it every few fractions of a second. Also one person can be in 1 kodo at a time.

Edit: Oh never mind, I was thinking they were going to be TIG Box characters. (Duh read the title me. Facepalm)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:43:22 AM by brod » Logged

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 01, 2010, 10:31:06 AM »

it was a pretty badass idea anyway. maybe you should copy your post to the support characters thread =D
EDIT: btw they should be Gish sized to eat players so gish can be used as a base.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: August 01, 2010, 12:01:51 PM »

Question: Has anyone (besides Frikman) actually played Kodo before hearing it mentioned here?

thatbrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 01, 2010, 12:05:38 PM »

Well it has won awards, so that makes it important even if some of us don't know it. (Cause I just know there's going to be a flood of "no's" :/)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:20:53 PM by brod » Logged

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: August 02, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »

Awards don't mean that much for indie games, outside of the IGF. They just don't get much publicity.

Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 02, 2010, 04:38:16 PM »

Awards mean a lot. At least that's my opinion.

Besides, games like Sexy Hiker are going to be included as support characters, and it hasn't won any awards. In fact, I had never heard of Sexy Hiker until I came to this forum.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 02, 2010, 04:49:49 PM »

Same for me but I guess you never heard of Kodo until now, right TwT?

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: August 02, 2010, 05:20:12 PM »

It seems to me that Kodo just isn't going to mean much to most players of Indie Brawl. The web version is lacking many features, and I doubt many people have bought/will buy the mobile version. Even to those that have played it, I can't imagine it would strongly resonate in their memory.

So, I don't know if the work required would be justified.

Awards mean a lot. At least that's my opinion.

Besides, games like Sexy Hiker are going to be included as support characters, and it hasn't won any awards. In fact, I had never heard of Sexy Hiker until I came to this forum.
Your paragraphs seem to contradict each other.  Undecided

Sexy Hiking is actually popular in certain circles. In the earliest days of Indie Brawl, before I took over, people voted on which main characters they'd like to see in the game. Sexy Hiker made the cut. Maybe it's not universally known, but it has a small group of devoted fans.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 02, 2010, 06:46:38 PM »

you think i bought the game? geez no. i think i never buyed a game on my life anyway xD. i'll miss Kodo  Sad

Ryavis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 02, 2010, 07:44:29 PM »

I knew of Sexy Hiking before coming to tigsource. Admittedly, it was from all of the times me and Kazerad had searched yoyogames.com for the shittiest-sounding GM games possible.
jazzuo is kind of a maestro of tacky, low-quality GM games.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic