Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:27:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsElontrias [4 Player Co-op RPG]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Elontrias [4 Player Co-op RPG]  (Read 7792 times)
nhold
Level 0

Coder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 03:48:21 AM »

Hey guys! How's the game coming? I can't wait to see more, it looks so darn good! :D

Hey, it's going well. Have not done an update in a while since Swifty is having another child soon, so he is busy with that while I work on underlying code smells and tool features. For example I am optimising the tile map rendering so that it is one draw call instead of hundreds. On top of that I updated the project to Unity 5!

Wow. Your idea for the AI sounds so intricate. It makes me think of Limit Theory --- how the AI functions as almost a player to the game, rather than an additive.

Yes, that is kind of what we wish to achieve within limits, for example AI will not be able to roam too far from the spawn area, this is so goblins don't go off and destroy a human settlement that is required for the game and so that players will not be overwhelmed by high spawning enemies (Spiders for example). I am thinking of having an option to turn off the limits just so players can see if they can survive a harsh world.

Smiley - Thanks for the interest guys it is appreciated.

de11ed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »

Ah alright, got ya! I will be keeping a close watch on you guys(not creepy at all..) Smiley

composer • producer • songwriter • human
Website | Twitter | Soundcloud
Mysteria Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »

I think the art style you chose looks better and it'll make things easier than the version with more 3D elements. I really liked the shadow(s)of the characters in their pixel art shape though! The standard blob shadows are kind of boring, so would there be a way to bring the detailed shadows back into this version?
bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »

can't wait to see more!

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »

Wow. Your idea for the AI sounds so intricate. It makes me think of Limit Theory --- how the AI functions as almost a player to the game, rather than an additive.
Yes, that is kind of what we wish to achieve within limits, for example AI will not be able to roam too far from the spawn area, this is so goblins don't go off and destroy a human settlement that is required for the game and so that players will not be overwhelmed by high spawning enemies (Spiders for example). I am thinking of having an option to turn off the limits just so players can see if they can survive a harsh world.

Smiley - Thanks for the interest guys it is appreciated.

If you can implement a "survival" or "hard" mode like that - I think a lot of players would probably appreciate it, once they learned the basics of the game.

Also - love what you guys are doing so far! Can't wait to see more.

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 07:15:27 PM »

I actually really loved the old no outline style... but that's just me.. this looks awesome and good job!

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Igor Sandman
Level 0

Artist and Game dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 04:13:36 AM »

Your pixel art characters look really nice. I like it!
I'll be following this.

nhold
Level 0

Coder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »

Elontrias Devlog #7

It's been a while since my last post but we have been working slowly on it due to real life issues. I won't show anything too interesting graphical wise because swifty wants to keep some stuff as a suprise for later.

Technical Log

As I said in my last post I have been working on underlying tools and API. The first thing is I used this Unity thread to develop a dialogue editor, while it uses some of the code(Drawing lines, Reflection to add different node types to context menu and the side menu) a lot of it is different to create what I think is a better API for usage with dialogue.

I am thinking it will be better to create abilities using this kind of node editor system so that Swifty can easily add abilities with me.

I also updated how the Statistics are handled so now they are split into StatisticContainer and StatisticNetwork to better separate concerns. You can also create a default statistic object that you can easily load on any GameObject with a StatisticContainer.

The general stuff is I have fully updated the networking to use uNet and have changed the movement a little bit (Slight acceleration and deceleration) and have optimised the TileMap rendering. All animation is now networked as well (uNet makes this really easy!). I can't wait to show you guys some screenies.

If you can implement a "survival" or "hard" mode like that - I think a lot of players would probably appreciate it, once they learned the basics of the game.

Also - love what you guys are doing so far! Can't wait to see more.

Hey, yeah that's the plan!

Thanks, hopefully we'll have a nice juicy update for you guys soon.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:47:32 PM by nhold » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic