Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:13:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBohemian Killing - new indie mix of Phoenix Wright and Gone Home
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bohemian Killing - new indie mix of Phoenix Wright and Gone Home  (Read 588 times)
TheMoonwalls
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2014, 04:30:07 AM »

Hi guys!

Bohemian Killing is a narrative-driven courtroom drama, offering players almost unlimited possibilities of solving the lawsuit, thanks to the complete integration of gameplay and narrated story.

Trailer:

Steampunk Paris, set against the background of the late 19th century, torn between tradition and modernity. Class differences and pervasive racism finally lead to a tragedy. A year later you find yourself on trial, accused of a brutal murder. How far will you go to exonerate yourself? Will you lie, seek evidence to prop your testimony or, perhaps, pretend to be insane? Your imagination is the limit.

The story is set within two time frames. In the present, you find yourself locked up in the courtroom. You're getting acquainted with the evidence, witness testimony and questions posed by the Judge. Each question triggers a flashback - and begins your testimony. During the flashback you find yourself in a Parisian district, with each of your decisions, interactions and action affecting Alfred Ethons' testimony and the final verdict.

With a wide range of possibilities that can lead to several standard endings and one additional hidden one, the game doesn't consider any path "a bad one", ensuring that each playthrough will be different.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bohemian-killing
https://www.facebook.com/BohemianKilling

wizered67
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »

Well I love Phoenix Wright, but people sometimes complain it's too linear. This seems like a really cool solution to that. Definitely looking forward to updates!
TheMoonwalls
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:30:15 AM »

Hi wizered67! Thanks for your reply.

If anyone is interested in the gamplay, and how I managed to make the game nonlinerar - there's an update about the gameplay on IndieGoGo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bohemian-killing/x/651308#activity
You can find out all the info there.

Also - I know that the campaign isn't going so well (I'm still waiting for other big websites (currently there's some info on GameTrailers.com, IndieGameMag and few others) to write about the game). But even if I don't manage to raise $13k, I will still finish and release the game.
Money from the IndieGoGo will all go to hire actors, and make professional voice-overs.
Also if you wan to get the game cheaper ($10 instead of $15) you can buy it on IndieGoGo, and support me in making the game better!

Thanks a lot!
TheGreatBundini
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 10:36:56 PM »

The Kill Screen write-up you got today is phenomenal. Great, great coverage. Have you seen it translate into more support on IndieGoGo, or any additional interest from players/press?

TheMoonwalls
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 03:28:52 AM »

Hi!
Yes, the preview on Kill Screen is really amazing - there's many new exclusive info about the game Smiley
It's very fresh though, and I think we need to wait some time to notice the impact on the traffic and contributions, but I think they will be much higher Smiley

Marcin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic