Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:21:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessLooking for Language Translation Site
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Language Translation Site  (Read 1111 times)
IRONFIST Studios
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2014, 11:21:40 AM »

Hi guys,

Wanting to localize our mobile game.  Mock Anger
Does anyone know of a reputable translation site that is also not too expensive?

Only need about 150 words, from English to 10 other languages.
It will be used just for in our App Description part.

Thanks!
Thomas_R
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:52:46 AM »

Hi,

While there are quite a few reputable and more or less affordable corporate localization providers, have you thought about using single freelancers instead (since you're mentioning the cost factor)?

The catch is that agencies, as a rule of thumb, will charge you twice as much as a freelancer will do to cover their project management work. Engaging a freelancer for every language will obviously involve more administrative effort, but it helps keep costs down. Plus, you'll get to know the people who actually do the loc work, which, in turn, can speed turnaround times.

As a trained and experienced translator, I could personally assist you with the German localization and might also be able to find colleagues for a few other languages. Just drop me a line if interested. Smiley

Best,
Thomas
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 08:44:44 AM »

Yep, what Thomas_R wrote. I worked as a translator for pennies when the agency behind me was way more taxing to the client.

Post and ad at ProZ.com or something. That way, you'll get direct contact with the translators. Or, if you want Portuguese localization, I can do it. Smiley

Yeah.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 09:24:14 AM »

I'm not a reputable translation service, but I'm a linguistically adept individual who'd be happy to have a look at a Swedish version if that's among the desired languages. Perhaps my girlfriend, a linguistics student, could have her go at Norwegian.

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 11:24:29 PM »

Freelancer usually give you a slightly better translation (they care a little more).
There is a list of company here:
https://developer.apple.com/internationalization/#vendors

loudo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 10:31:25 AM »

You can try Crowdin localization service to get you community involved in your translation. So you just have to pay a basic plan for few months and encourage your community to translate during a short period maybe by offering new features if the goal is achieved. If you can run your own server, you can try Pootle for free.

These two options need a decent community.

grayger
Level 0

I am a Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 09:39:21 AM »

I may help you for free if you want to translate English to Korean and the description is not too long.

Uncle Scotty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 05:36:48 PM »

Personally I'd check out Fiverr.com - I've never used it for translation but have had good luck with other services. Just make sure you order from someone who has a good rating.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic