Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:35:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWarNet.IO
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WarNet.IO  (Read 1721 times)
craftfortress
Level 1

Working alone, on my Multiplayer RTS

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2014, 12:42:31 PM »

Alpha Release - Work In Progress
================================
http://warnet.io
================================

GameType:  RTS MMO
Languages: NodeJS & WebGL
Platform:  Modern Browser (unfortunately only tested in Chrome)
News:  http://www.twitter.com/craftfortress

Real Time Strategy game, plugin free, free, works in Chrome, should be able to handle upto 50 players.  Includes War Net AI. Work cooperatively to take it out, or go it alone.   The game plays better with more people. So please do share the URL for your friends to join you when you beta test.

Code:

Functional:
Battle algorithm which takes into account GDPs and country health
War Net conquering algorithm
Fully working network layer
Fully conquerable 3D globe
Finance algorithm, to incrementally give players GDP and behave accordingly when countries are attacked.

Suggestions on what to correct and what to add to better this game are greatly appreciated.  Full credits will be awarded to those with suggestions I go for, and ofcourse to Beta testers.

I am still working on this, but I am patching this as often as I can, which tends to be every couple days.

Change Log : http://warnet.io/log.txt

Finally although I probably screwed up my entry, I have submitted this to IGF.  

Thank you for your time.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:02:08 PM by craftfortress » Logged

Kiwisauce
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:32:15 PM »

Hmm.. I have no idea what I'm doing! This seems like the sort of thing I would enjoy, but I couldn't figure out how to play at all after about 15-20 minutes of flailing. A tutorial is desperately needed.

First attempt: I heard a robotic voice asking whether I wouldn't rather play chess, was assigned a country, and then the screen filled with white and I instantly lost. I figured out how to change my name before refreshing the page and trying again.

Second attempt: I was assigned a different country (forgot which one), and decided to try typing random city names into the TARGET field. I typed in TOKYO and decided to nuke it. Apparently they shot down my missile. I tried nuking it a few more times and bankrupted my country. Then I typed TEST into the TARGET field and was told that I had donated all negative 70 million of my money to a nonexistent city. I was then horribly nuked and lost the game.

Third attempt: I was assigned the Dominican Republic. I tried invading Somalia on a whim. It... worked? But I quickly lost the Dominican Republic. So I tried invading my homeland, and that worked too. I think I still held Somalia at this point. I went for Egypt (not sure where I invaded it from), and that worked, but I lost all my other territory. Then I went for India, and then Japan. I had to try invading Japan multiple times before it worked, but it eventually did. Then I lost everything but Japan. Thinking some tech research would help me, I played around with the fancy display options for a while, but couldn't actually purchase anything. I tried invading China, and was nuked into oblivion.

So yep, a tutorial would be good!

I tried the game in both Firefox and Chrome, and it seemed to work fine in both.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:40:04 PM by Kiwisauce » Logged
craftfortress
Level 1

Working alone, on my Multiplayer RTS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying I sort of lost a year doing other things, though I always worked on the game in the background!

I have made quite a few updates and I do believe that most of the issues you mentioned have now been resolved.

For anyone else reading this, please do feel free to try the game as I would LOVE some more feedback.

Thanks again for your time!

You can play the game for free here: (You need chrome)  http://www.warnet.io

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic