Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:42:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessPostmortem for a Kickstarter Project that *just* made it over the line [Phantasm
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Postmortem for a Kickstarter Project that *just* made it over the line [Phantasm  (Read 825 times)
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »

Hi Guys, I've written up a postmortem for our first time Kickstarter that was modestly successful.  I've included all the analytics and graphs in the hopes that it will help other aspiring devs who also always wanted to have a go on KS.  Feel free to fire any questions my way or if you have theories on what else we could have improved upon, that will be great for our next one in future!  Smiley

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/JoeChang/20141117/230163/Postmortem_for_a_Kickstarter_Project_that_just_made_it_over_the_line.php

Here's a log on my experiences:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=43244.0

lionfish
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:43:01 AM »

This is a goldmine of awesome data.  Thank for sharing Joe!  I didn't even know there were LinkedIn forums...
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 11:53:56 AM »

You're welcome!  Yeah there are tons of Linked In forums - there are about 3 that I use.

Zogthor
Level 0

Personal Text

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 02:03:57 PM »

Grats on the Kickstarter, Joe! A win is still a win, even if it's by the skin of your teeth. And even more, you learned a great deal from it.

Articles and experiences like yours are what a lot of indies starting out need to read so that they don't fall into survivorship bias while they research only the Kickstarter mega successes.

joe_eyemobi
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »

Thanks Zogthor! Smiley
Yeah before I started, I really wished I could find many other postmortems about similar Kickstarters where the devs were starting from scratch.  Even failed Kickstarters are really useful and important as learnings from the devs and the indie community in general.  As you mention, the subconscious yardstick is unfortunately the Double Fine games and Star Citizens of the world!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic