Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:13:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessPre-mortem for our game, DestinyQuest Infinite
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pre-mortem for our game, DestinyQuest Infinite  (Read 886 times)
interrupting cow
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »

Yup...we're not dead yet!

I wrote a DevLog for our game/book, DestinyQuest Infinite, but since the core development is done, it's mostly a record of our sales/marketing. Does it belong here, there, or both? Shocked

Anywho, it's a pre-mortem - we're not dead yet, since we haven't officially launched, but we're not getting great numbers yet, so now we're doing some detective work to see if we can improve our figures. Might be helpful to anyone else launching!

Any thoughts?

|| Strayed ||
An interactive story about a lonely drive in the woods, and one small mistake.
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »

Hey there - sorry if I've missed this but what platform is your game on?

I met Tin Man games at PAX Aus a couple of weeks ago, and they seem to be doing well with game books on iOS.  Mind you they have the FF franchise though.

interrupting cow
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 08:41:01 AM »

Hey thanks for asking! I don't think we mentioned it: First PC (browser), then mobile web app, then app if we get enough people who only want it in an app store. I suspect we will, but we'll take it one step at a time.

I think the fact that Tin Man's managed (and they managed before the FF franchise as well, it seems) is promising. I would assume if DQI doesn't sell we've made some mistake marketing, rather than that there's no demand for gamebooks.

|| Strayed ||
An interactive story about a lonely drive in the woods, and one small mistake.
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »

Yeah I think it would be worth seeing which platform works better.  From a gamer perspective I don't think I'd be interested at all to play it on the PC.  The tinman games work amazingly on the ipad - you can play it just like you did with the books. 
One of their better games is the Starship Traveller one, because it adds to the game book rules with mechanics that suit the ipad.  Also presentation is really important, I'd hire a dedicated artist to jazz things up - e.g. UI and pictures.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic