Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:01:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Soul Axiom - Your thoughts on new promo image!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Soul Axiom - Your thoughts on new promo image!  (Read 927 times)
btester2
Level 0

Discover Elysia.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »

We recently released our first-person, sci-fi adventure thriller game, Soul Axiom. It is the spiritual successor to Master Reboot and is out now on Steam early access with 10% discount.

We have just updated the main promo image! What do you think? We think it stands out more with bigger bolder font and less going on in the background, but we want to hear your views!

http://store.steampowered.com/widget/279900/38332/

*NEW*

*OLD*

We appreciate everyone's comments and if you want to join in with the development then comment below or head over to our Steam discussion page.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Wales Interactive Team

Soul Axiom

Ben Tester
Wales Interactive

Facebook | Twitter | Website

vVv Check Out Soul Axiom vVv
Megastorm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 10:01:09 AM »

I like the new image a lot better! Very clear and very powerful. Awesome painterly style to eye which contrasts the futuristic style of everything else. Great job.

Currently working on Skyhook out now on Steam!
btester2
Level 0

Discover Elysia.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 01:37:48 AM »

Hey Megastorm thanks very much! We really appreciate your honest opinion Smiley

We found that the original image was getting a bit lost in the Steam listings because there is so much going on so we took a step back, didn't over think the whole image and went with something bolder. This is what is looks like now in the Steam listings...

I think the pure white also helps out that one...

Though the Steam now having a blue background doesn't help out this one much haha.

Ben Tester
Wales Interactive

btester2
Level 0

Discover Elysia.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 01:43:04 AM »

Also... I just checked out Skyhook and it looks like a lot of fun! I really love this dude >>>

It would be nice to see a bio on the characters to find out a bit about them Smiley

Ben Tester
Wales Interactive

Oroboros
Level 0

Senpai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »

First image looks way better! Definitely builds a much better sense of intrigue and draws the eye to a focal point. The other one just has too much going on and nothing particularly stands out at the same time. +1 for the changes.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

btester2
Level 0

Discover Elysia.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 08:57:08 AM »

Hey Oroboros! (Flashbacks from Red Dwarf's "ouroboros" episode)

Thanks very much for the comment! I totally agree with the old one being too busy. We also wanted to get one of the hand powers in there as that really is one of the main selling points to the game Smiley

Ben Tester
Wales Interactive

btester2
Level 0

Discover Elysia.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 09:02:55 AM »

Also, I know this isn't totally art related but we just released a new level in Soul Axiom so here's a couple of screenshots...

The Museum is packed full of artwork including a cool illustration of Moby-Dick you can just about make out at the back there. I'll hopefully be able to post some better examples of them here soon so watch this space.

Ben Tester
Wales Interactive

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic