Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:42:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignYour Game Is Bullshit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Your Game Is Bullshit  (Read 11443 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2014, 03:46:31 AM »

I already have a bunch of reasons why my game is bullshit, but i'd like to hear yours

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2014, 06:15:43 AM »

well ok do mine then (link in sig) even tho there is no actual game yet just so that i can make you have to read thru all of the bullshit i've written in that thread

no game = bullshit
thank

i will work hard an make senpai proud and present him my bullshit

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2014, 06:28:03 AM »

What is this tread good for again?

play hydlide 2
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2014, 08:15:41 AM »

I'm making a top down rogue-like-like (perma-death, procedural levels) brawler/beat-em-up. You can't tell me it's bullshit, because I just added every cool game dev trend in one game.

its bullshit because you didnt say that its pixel retro 16 x 8 bit style

@Sean Hogan
your post is bullshit. nobody said you had to post here or read anything, fuckboi.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2014, 08:27:39 AM »

rabbit your game is bullshit cuz it's just a clone of my bullshit game

throwing things is bullshit

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2014, 08:29:22 AM »

rabbit your game is bullshit cuz it's just a clone of my bullshit game

throwing things is bullshit

Do you think I don't know that? My game is bullshit for like 1 million reasons.

I already have a bunch of reasons why my game is bullshit, but i'd like to hear yours

Looks good to me bruh! I haven't played it but I like the idea. Bullshit for unreal engine shiny graphics.

_metamythical
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »

I'm making a top down rogue-like-like (perma-death, procedural levels) brawler/beat-em-up. You can't tell me it's bullshit, because I just added every cool game dev trend in one game.

its bullshit because you didnt say that its pixel retro 16 x 8 bit style

ooh you sly bastard.

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2014, 08:39:51 AM »

rabbit, be more elaborate otherwise why did you even make this thread
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2014, 08:46:42 AM »

rabbit, be more elaborate otherwise why did you even make this thread

this thread is so i can tell people their games are bullshit without me having to go into each devlog and do it individually.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »

new thread idea: your thread is bullshit

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Canned Turkey
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »

new thread idea: your *tread is bullshit
dog199200
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2014, 10:40:28 AM »

Ok Rabbit, here is a game idea that is perfect for you! We make a game about your mom is a strip club. You got to go around robbing other people to pay your mom to dance, and if you fail to pay she kills everyone with a chainsaw; however, if you succeed in paying her till she is happy the game goes to a cutscene of you and her going into the backroom.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2014, 11:25:32 AM »

Take down this one

Why the heck I seem to be the only person in this world that can see how flawed and boring is this game is beyond me.

Because it isn't?

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »

What do you mean by "because it isn't"?

The video linked above is showing something that no sane person could actually call a game.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »

also psst if you're not in on the joke the guy who linked that game is the person who made it

shellbot
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »

Ok Rabbit, here is a game idea that is perfect for you! We make a game about your mom is a strip club. You got to go around robbing other people to pay your mom to dance, and if you fail to pay she kills everyone with a chainsaw; however, if you succeed in paying her till she is happy the game goes to a cutscene of you and her going into the backroom.

I would play this...
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2014, 01:45:16 PM »

also psst if you're not in on the joke the guy who linked that game is the person who made it

Yep. Although the comment I made about it was serious, I was just trying to see if somebody could actually show what's wrong with it... (seriously, that game is overrated just because of the system it came out on)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2014, 01:57:43 PM »

Yep. Although the comment I made about it was serious, I was just trying to see if somebody could actually show what's wrong with it... (seriously, that game is overrated just because of the system it came out on)

Whats wrong with it is you have useless mechanics such as the electricity, or the bomb, because you can just jump on the head of every enemy anyway and its FASTER to jump on them. There is nothing preventing you from jumping all the time.

You also have coins for the sake of having coins, that do nothing at all, that don't lead the player down any certain path because there is only one path the player can even travel. This is just a trope of platformers and it means nothing. Especially in this case because it only gives the player a higher score, and no extra lives.

Score is absolutely meaningless in every conceivable way.

None of the interactions between the player and the enemies are interesting or difficult. All enemies just patrol.

None of the level hazards are interesting or difficult. All hazards are stationary, save for some stages that you didn't post a link to but even then those hazards are simply patrolling enemies dressed up as sparks.

That is why this game is bullshit.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2014, 02:32:38 PM »

stepping back for a second? that was damn fuckin good feedback and if you could give that to me when my game is further along it'd be so, so helpful

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »

no your game is hella bullshit

(okay id love to do that <3)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic