Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:21:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallIntroducing Regicide, a web-based turn-based RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Introducing Regicide, a web-based turn-based RPG  (Read 706 times)
punchdrunklucia
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2014, 09:26:58 AM »

Regicide is a turn-based RPG that would fit at home on your NES, if it wasn't entirely browser based.  The plan is to make the game truly compatible with anything with an internet connection.

The story is that you are a princess, almost ready to be queen.  Unfortunately, a revolt happens across the kingdom, and with some help from a traitor in your ranks, you are  After a year of torture, and being told you are essentially the lowest of low, you decide to save yourself and your family.

You'll learn more about the new world that was taken away from you through the course of the game. You will find out unfortunate truths about your family, and of course, who was the one who betrayed your family's trust.

The game emulates a lot of early RPGs.  It has a turn based combat system that discourages button mashing (and as a result, the game doesn't require any grind).  It has beautifully done pixelated graphics that I hope to get more of.  I'm hoping to incorporate music as well.

Regicide is being kickstarted right now.  The kickstart isn't going extremely well, but I still plan on working on the game whether not it has succeeded, and continue making kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns for the future.  If I fail, try, try again, right? Wink  The game has been in development for over two years, and I do not plan on giving up easy.

Here is the link to the kickstarter: http://regicidegame.com/kickstarter
Here is the link to the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/punchdrunkgames.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic