Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:11:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHero Siege - The Depths of Hell [Expansion]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hero Siege - The Depths of Hell [Expansion]  (Read 17242 times)
Panicci
Level 0

Pixel Artist & Basement Developer

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »

So what is Hero Siege?
Hero Siege is a project me and my friend started working on a 48 hour gamejam in august 2013. We really liked how it turned out after the 48 hours so we decided to keep at it.

Here is how the game looked after the gamejam:

Post-jam we worked on the game for a while and went for a Greenlight which we passed in early January and we released the game on january 29. in Steam.

This game has made us from broke students into successful indies. We now have also XBOX One and PS4 releases incoming along with the steam one, check the game out here for steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/269210/

Lets get to business shall we?!

The Depths of Hell will bring the 6th ACT to the game along with these features (Stuff might and will probably be added):
+ Act 6 - The Highlands of Tarethiel
+ 2 new Classes, Paladin and a secret unlockable class.
+ 10 new enemy types
+ 5 new minibosses
+ 1 new Act end boss
+ 50+ new relics
+ SIEGE MODE with online highscores
+ new achievements
+ New loot (Gloves, Boots, Weapons, Chests)
+ easter eggs and new events
+ 5 EPIC new music tracks!
+ Quests

New Menu

The Paladin

- We didn't want to go the "crusader" way so we decided to make a "Fallen Paladin" which would be more like this.

The Fallen Paladin will still have mostly Holy spells and auras tho.

- Shield Bash (Stuns enemies in a cone in front of him)
- Holy Hammer (Casts a magic hammer that goes outwards in a spiral, yayy diablo 2 reference)
- Divine Shield (Becomes immortal for a short period of time, high cooldown).
- Holy Nova (Damages enemies and Heal's allies)

Some of the NEW relics (not gonna spoil them with description yet tho):

This is pretty much what we have now. I'm soon done programming and spriting the Paladin so I can move on building the ACT and making a new "LEVEL SELECTION" screen which is going to be pretty epic. But will require many hours of spriting which will definitely be worth it!

Will add more stuff probably daily here.
Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »

Working on re-vamping some of the areas, now changed Zone 4 into "King's Garden" and Zone 3 into "Pumpkin Patch".

Paladin is ready for action, as shown in the screenshot below:

LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 01:27:19 AM »

Looks so cool! Too Diablo (menuses, I mean, which I guess is on purpose), but cool. So many things on screen at the same time! Are all those labels on top of creatures required? It's a pity there's so much text/numbers on screen, because that pixel art is quite nice!

Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:31:24 AM »

Looks so cool! Too Diablo (menuses, I mean, which I guess is on purpose), but cool. So many things on screen at the same time! Are all those labels on top of creatures required? It's a pity there's so much text/numbers on screen, because that pixel art is quite nice!

I've tried a few different ways of doing it, like the labels would fade in when they get damaged etc and then fade out again. but the game feels very naked without them, I just can't see it without the clutter :D
ahintofnapalm
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »

Any idea on a release date? It looks hella great by the way. Also, will it cost the same as the last DLC?
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »

Love this game on IOS, will this content trickle down to the mobile version eventually?

Edit: oh, just saw that you removed the game from the App Store. Any plans to put the game back on IOS?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:03:15 PM by Christian » Logged

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 06:40:16 PM »

Good job, Elias, last Expansion was awesome.

@Christian, from what i think on twitter, they are no longer supporting Mobile...

Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 12:54:10 AM »

Love this game on IOS, will this content trickle down to the mobile version eventually?
Edit: oh, just saw that you removed the game from the App Store. Any plans to put the game back on IOS?

Yeah there was this huge blow of iOS 8 and Game Maker, now im trying to figure out how to get the game submitted cus i keep getting errors, but asap i will.

Good job, Elias, last Expansion was awesome.

@Christian, from what i think on twitter, they are no longer supporting Mobile...

Cheers Smiley We try and make this even better!

Any idea on a release date? It looks hella great by the way. Also, will it cost the same as the last DLC?

We don't know yet, we really want to take our time with this as its going to be a really awesome expansion i can assure that! Probably in early 2015, maybe february. It's a bit early to promise anything yet tho Smiley
Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 01:01:26 AM »

Here is the new re-vamped 3th zone which used to be "the garden".
Seki
Level 0

Revolution.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 01:41:58 AM »

Your pixel art has come A LONG WAY... since i've known of your projects.

Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 07:30:13 AM »

The last few days have been mostly online bugfixing, testing and building a relic encyclopedia in the statistic page, so there is not much to post here. I will be working on more art content next week so i will be posting those then.
Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 06:42:19 AM »

Currently working on the first zone of Act 6 which is looking like this:

Will be adding some neat effectsd and animations in it.
Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 05:49:29 PM »

As time goes by doing something you love, you usually get better at it... this unfortunately happen to me over the past year... So i had to remake some bosses as i think they looked pretty damn riddiculous.

Here is how they turned out:

and here is Damien animated:

aaand here is Gurag animated:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:51:24 AM by Panicci » Logged
Panicci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 10:26:28 AM »

Today's progress:

rakebr
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 04:15:23 PM »

I'M CRAZY TO PLAY THIS!
Crono
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 05:45:58 PM »

Amazing game! I had the opportunity of playing the Android version, which led me to the Steam game!

Since you count on your players' feedback, I'd like to suggest a few things. I trully hope it helps!

(1) INFORMATION
(1.a) Add a way to see all the relics that's been obtained so far in that game, so that we may know all the bonuses we are getting (I think the max number of relics you can see is 28 now);
(1.b) Add a separated list of obtained relics for each game file, keeping the overall relics' statistics page, so that we may also keep track of which relics that specific hero has collected so far;

(2) MULTIPLAYER
(2.a) STEAM ONLY: Add a way to interact directly with the Steam users using the chat in-game, which would lead us to being able to add players, invite players and finally creating parties easier;
(2.b) OVERALL: Fix the multiplayer bugs, please xD

(3) CREDITS (this would be awesome!)
(3.a) Create a new Credits dungeon to be entered at the end of the final room, where we would be able to fight each and every person behind the making of Hero Siege and get to know them better! (I guess lol)

And congratulations for the game!
TheChaoticGood
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 03:08:24 AM »

I think the graphic remake is going to help alot. Sometimes a facelift is just what you need.

Thunderboy42
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 08:06:57 PM »

I believe this game has the potential to become really, really big, and i'm pleased to see the direction you're heading with it. Playing this game for the first time was like being poor and getting an expensive gift. I have not played a game that brang out so many emotions in me for a LONG time, and I know my interest is not going down anytime soon.

What I really came to tell you where some suggestions for the game I've got while playing. Please excuse my lack of knowledge of coding, but I've tried to take into consideration that coding takes a lot of valuable time.

-Damage visibility.

It might just be me, but I have a hard time keeping track of the damage I do, the current text is too small and disappears slightly too fast. I imagine something like a damage text size scale slider in the options would fix this. Watching how much damage that big crit did, or how much DPS i'm dealing is just so satisfying. (imho)

-Minimap/map

I don't know if this is part of the game design, but I know I'd love to have a minimap to get a overview of the level design, keep better track of teammates and enemies. Alternatively I had an idea for making this a common shop item, or making it a menu similar to when you open talents in multiplayer (You can watch the map, but the game continues in the background).

-Ability resources

Again, this is probably part of your game design, but I think having resource costs on your abilities is a great idea.
It should rarely be a hinderance for spamming your abilites, but it adds another thing to look out for, as running low on resource would mean no spells and getting killed easier. Ways to get around this could be resource potions, talents, resource globes and fountains (Like health globes and health fountains.)

There's potential for some interesting mechanics. Examples for resource regeneration could be;

Recharges when spells hit
Recharges faster when standing still/Near an object
Auto attacking stops resource regeneration
Getting hit fills/drains resource
Getting a critical hit fills
Resource increases/decrease certain stat(s)

-More talents

This is one of those that would probably take forever to do, but I do feel that the talent tree is a bit too small. Having more options to choose from would make characters stand out more and be a bit more unique, as people would have slightly more different builds. For those that spend a lot of time in multiplayer with other people, it would them help bond with their character, as they have to make more decisions on who they are and how they'll play.

- Secondary charms / Active charms

What i'm thinking of here is a secondary charm much like a relic. It could be a really difficult thing to get and thus contribute to the "end game" of hero siege. Imagine having an Aaron's Staff, Da Box or Rocket Barrage as a secondary charm, but weaker or with drawback effects for balancing purposes.

Examples;
"Aaron's staff" heals enemies too
"Da Box" drops bad stuff
"Rocket Barrage" would hit you too

These are my suggestions, I hope it will inspire your work for the game or help you out in any way.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a game is worth a play.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic