Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:40:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSuper Zombie Fart
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Zombie Fart  (Read 1043 times)
Jay Jeon
Level 0

Jay Jaewoo Jeon

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2014, 03:13:41 AM »

It's my indies vs pewdiepie gamejam entry.

A game about infection fart. Tongue

Play
http://jams.gamejolt.io/indiesvspewdiepie/games/super-zombie-fart/39923

Video

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:29:45 PM by Jay Jeon » Logged

yet...
xk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:40:00 AM »

Thats pretty cool, i was skeptical because of name first (you know, them fart games) but it turned out pretty well made, i liked the artwork and those generated characters quite alot. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out mechanics though, some tutorial thing would be great (i know its a jam game but you can always make couple of pictures to vaguely show what to do).

I find it weird that infected zombies eat me though, i think it would be more interesting to collect zombie party to run around and watch them eat people, and it has more progression, boosters upgrades and such. But its just my opinion.

Good job.

Jay Jeon
Level 0

Jay Jaewoo Jeon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »

I will change the name of game. It's temporary thing now. Roll Eyes
And it seem like some people don't understand mechanics.so I will add some tutorials too.
Anyway, thank you for your great feedback.

yet...
ActionGamemaster
Level 0

I fight frogs regularly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »

I uhh
and well
This game and
Uhh
What
It's no surprise that this game is weird, due to the stupid name and all. but I didn't expect so much... Depth and originality. The main idea is that, your high score, or whatever you need to collect to be better at the game, is also a thing that damages you. It's an interesting mechanic, and it gives you a reason to sometimes not fart all the time and not be wasteful about your "resources". And I think that this mechanic alone can make a great game. But, well, there's nothing much to go for except for the high score. It's a game of skill, yes, but there's just the people, the fart, and the score. There needs to be more content, like, new types of farts, energy fields that temporarily make zombies walk away, types of food that make you fart differently when you fart them, like a wave of fart, or fart tears. This could be a great arcade style level-based or adventure/story based game. You can still leave the highscore for something like "endless mode".
Right now, it's a good prototype that begs for more content. I don't really have much to say, because what there is is already refined.

I'm doing a game thingie here:
ActionGamemaster
BraveLoner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »

Honstely I watched only the video. My first reaction was WTF?
But to the end of the video I had a happy grin on my face. I think this game is a future hit.
The controvercy will make it even more popular imho.
The only thing that bothers me is the moral aspect of the game. What are we teaching children these days? Smiley
ryanjuckett
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »

I really like the art style. I found it inviting and it stands out.

The game presents the concept of eating really well to the player. The food items pop and draw your attention. What to do after you've eaten isn't an intuitive step to make. Worst case, you go with the non-subtle approach of saying "Press BUTTON to fart" when your meter is full if the player has only ever walked. From that point, you could also improve communication that you want to fart near others - perhaps they perk up or look at you with a thought bubble or something?

I had a hard time judging when a person would fall in love. Is it only proximity based? It didn't feel dependable.

I'd consider slowing down the pace of the zombies early on. You want the player to get a sense of accomplishment at the start. The sight of a large pack following you is one of the best things going, so I think you want the average joe to get closer to that on his first try. Ramp up he difficulty the longer they are attracted or something.

I'd also suggest making the zombies suicide when they hurt you. This will allow the player to grab her first zombie and then screw up, losing a point of HP without getting destroyed. This once again comes down to ramping up difficulty as a result of skill.

Also X360 analog stick works, but there is no fart button on the controller Smiley

Hope something in that mess of text is of use!

Lead Sandbox Engineer at Bungie
ryanjuckett.com
Twitter
Jay Jeon
Level 0

Jay Jaewoo Jeon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 05:04:54 AM »

Oh god. There is incredibly a lot of useful ideas here. Hand Thumbs Up Right
Thanks guys.  Kiss
I'll update and notify here soon.

yet...