Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:26:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRadslaughter: Physics skateboarding shooter for #indiesvspewdiepie
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Radslaughter: Physics skateboarding shooter for #indiesvspewdiepie  (Read 552 times)
NAL
« on: November 24, 2014, 07:55:39 AM »

One hitman. One skateboard. Two pistols of a length that definitely isn't a result of overcompensation. Ten locations. Ten targets. Ten teddy-bears.

Slaughter them. Be rad. Radslaughter is a physics-based puzzle arcade game which gets difficult. Kill each of the targets without smashing your face open or being massively dismembered by razorblades. Find the secret teddy-bear in each level and complete them as fast as you can to get 5 stars (none of that 3 star crap here!)

It's physics based, so there's a bunch of ragdolling that goes on if you die, and razorblades can totally de-limb you or break your skateboard!

Anyway, it gets difficult quick, but I feel like for the time limit (we only really had two of the three days) we made something legitimately quite fun!

GameJolt Jam page
GameJolt Game Page

Download size: 9.2MB
Made with: GameMaker: Studio 1.4

Feedback is very much welcome Smiley I'm definitely considering expanding and improving this past the end of the jam.

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »

It's probably not my type of game. It sounded good, but when I started playing and realized it was a "propel yourself with your gunshots" game, I didn't like it so much.

On the first level, I shot the target four times, rolled over to them and shot them again which finally killed them. Of course, that wasted time took me down to zero stars. Sometimes I have to shoot him about twenty times before he dies, unless I go right up to him in which case that kinda defeats the purpose of having long-range weapons.

Level 2 worked fine.

Level 3 was frustrating just because when you die, you have to go through that long beginning section over and over and over. I got sick of it pretty quickly. Dying by lightly tapping my head on the ceiling seemed like too much as well. I'm already avoiding saw blades. Do I really need to die from light taps as well?

It would be nice to have the option to instantly retry a level if I'm not happy with the rating I got.

The secret teddy-bear stuff seems pretty good. The physics were fairly predictable, which is how they should be. In terms of how it actually handles, I only had two big issues:

-The camera doesn't show enough. I'd much rather see what's coming up than have my character centered.

-The mouse isn't locked to the window, so I kept clicking on other windows.

A full-screen option would be nice too.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic