Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:54:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[ARTIST(S) WANTED] [Rev-Share] 5 Rings Online (((50% Complete ORPG/MMORPG)))
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [ARTIST(S) WANTED] [Rev-Share] 5 Rings Online (((50% Complete ORPG/MMORPG)))  (Read 1911 times)
joe van sickle
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »

Project Name
Five Rings Online

Description
Five Rings Online is a virtual reality online role playing game. Think SAO. The project was shaped from the ground up to support the Oculus Rift and Razor hydra. These peripherals though fully integrated, are optional. The combat is real-time, fast-paced and physics based. Sword-play via the Razor hydra is an aspiration. The game will empower users to create their own worlds using the in-game tool-set. Users will be able to host/run their own game servers; with their own set of rules. The world is hosted/simulated dynamically (as a joint effort) by it's connected users.

Some (now dated) GIFs:

Animations:

Creatures (Large/Small)

PLEASE NOTE: ALL 3D MODELS WERE RIPPED FROM ANOTHER GAME, these will need to be replaced.

Features to date:
  • Realtime physics based combat!
  • Multiplayer
    • Dynamic host delegation
  • Inverse kinematic arms
    • Optionally controlled by the Razor hydra
  • Oculus Rift integration
  • Physically simulated objects (rigid bodies)
  • 3d audio
  • Bloom, VSM shadows
  • Animations
    • Retargeting/Inheritance
  • Effects
    • Sword trails
    • Particle effects (3 different types)
  • Modding support

5ringsonline.com

Team (Currently):
Me (Joe): Hello! I’m the lead programmer for the project. I'm 24 w/ a bachelors in computer science. I'm working on this project full-time. I would love to hear from you!

Talent Needed:
It has become exceedingly clear to me that the only thing standing in the way of 5 Rings Online becoming a reality is content. Those who contribute will have proportional control over the direction of the project. I would prefer not to lead, but will do so if I have to.

The project requires:
  • 3D Modeler(s) (1-4): For environments and creatures.. (we only need 6ish environments and 10ish polished creatures for the video) not an impossible task.
  • Concept artist(s) (0-1): For title, gui, logo and concept/inspiration images.
  • Composer(s) (0-2): For audio..

Contact Method:
Email: [email protected]

Previous Work:
I've been the sole programmer for:

• A HTML5 online trading card game
  • Viv A previous failed attempt
And here's my Resume.

Target Aim:
A Kickstarter, four months from now (42,000$ish initial goal) / Orders/Pre-orders from website

Compensation Plan:
The key to success via kickstarter as far as I can tell is a compelling video and an adequately sized audience - this will be the focus of the four months leading up to the launch.

Alternatively pre-orders/orders will in theory provide comfortable living throughout development and beyond.

For your valuable time and effort you will receive a percentage of the kickstarter/pre-order profits. Up to 50%. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you.

Technology:
The game is intended for Windows only (to begin with)

THE GAME’S ENGINE IS FROM SCRATCH.

For content creation you can use whatever programs you like. I will write import/export scripts for your favorite software.

Download the Demo
Run the Client.exe and Server.exe to play (locally).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:03:53 PM by joe van sickle » Logged
joe van sickle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »

Listing updated! Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic