Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:17:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRetro Style Turn-based RPG (Dark gothic Diablo-feeling)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Retro Style Turn-based RPG (Dark gothic Diablo-feeling)  (Read 599 times)
ChristianAndersson
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2014, 06:06:55 AM »

Hello Game Developers and Testers!

I hope to be able to announce a new game very soon, called "Lord of the Dark Castle". This YouTube link gives a short walk-through:

Only a few more weeks of iterations, mainly level graphics improvements and a couple of additions of skills/enchantments is left.

There is a Kickstarter page where you can pledge a little amount to receive your reward at Christmas Day, AND/OR you can just download a free full-featured 1000 turns limited version from there:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crazecreativestudios/lord-of-the-dark-castle-turn-based-rpg-retro-style/

Below is a screenshot and some main game features.

Features:
    7 levels, all with their unique environments and graphics.
    Randomized level builder. Randomization gives each new game a completely new gaming experience, including random monster, treasure and item spawns.
    25 Unlockable Achievements: each achievement gives you bonus gold in new games
    45 Unique Skills (E.g. First Strike, Charge, Pick Lock, Giant Health, etc)
    18 Unique Monsters + Elite versions
    15 Unique Weapon types
    3 Full Sets of Armor: Cloth / Leather / Plate
    2 Jewely Pieces: Ring and Amulet
    7 Effects/Spells (Poison, Disease, Fire, Cold, Life Drain, Fear, Web)
    6 Enchantments/Spells: Invisibilty, Regeneration, Speed, Freeze Time, Summon, Teleport
    Enchanted items: weapons and armor can be enchanted with skills and spells.

Creator's Visions & Goals with this game:
    Casual, Fast & Easy to get started. Have 30 minutes on the bus/train? Give it a go and see how far you get. If you have a good round and play well, it is possible to beat the game within 1-2 hours.
    This is STRATEGIC dungeon crawler - NOT a no-brain-dungeon-brawler! Casual does NOT mean easy! Normal mode is pretty difficult, and you may have to try many times before you win the game.
    Big replay value! Every new game is a new experience. Level randomness, monster spawns and different skill choices makes up for lots of variety.
    Flat Skill Tree where no skill is dependent on any other. Each skill provides an important strategic advantage on its own.
    Every hit counts! It is not wise to make a move that ends next to a monster, because then, the monster may hit first!
    All monsters have unique strengths. Not even the rats are "safe kills".
    The majority of monsters can wear EXACTLY what YOU can wear. If you drop something, they might pick it up and use it against you!

The main game forum page:   
http://lordofthedarkcastle.freeforums.org/index.php

On this forum, you can read more about the game, view some screenshots, post bug reports and see the planned TODO feature list.

I would like to get it tested as much as possible before it is released, so therefore, I hope you think it looks interesting and I'm looking forward to some new downloaders and visitors! If you want to discuss this game more, please message me either within the Kickstart project or within the Main Game forum.

Best Regards
/Christian Andersson, Craze Creative Studios
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:13:08 AM »

Haven't tried it yet. Just posting to recommend that you give people an alternate download link (and it might be a good idea to post the download links here rather than making people go to your forum).

It's not a huge demo, but it's taking ages even on pretty high-speed internet. I would've expected it to take under a minute and it's been five (Ok, so not "ages" but much longer than I would've liked). There are a lot of decent places to upload files. Dropbox, for example, seems to be fairly common these days and I'm pretty sure I've never had issues with it.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
debugchicken
Level 1

Out of the sky, into the dirt.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 03:49:58 PM »

Agreed with QuickSand-S. Also focus the post on what you expect from the testing and the controls instead of the features and other stuff, this should be posted on the other forum. (Devlog/Announcements)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic