Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:01:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPostbug - a retro inspired digging game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Postbug - a retro inspired digging game  (Read 701 times)
HemingwayGames
Level 0

Hemingway Games

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2014, 06:20:02 AM »

Hi everyone, I've just released a beta version of my first game called Postbug. It's a retro inspired digging game and I've been working on it in my spare time over the last couple of years. The game runs in Chrome, Firefox and Opera on desktops/PCs (sorry Safari, IE, and mobiles and tablets are not yet supported). What's interesting is I've cross compiled from c# using the Saltarelle Compiler and use Pixi.js to render using WebGL. I'd love to hear your feedback and any advice on how to promote this game since this is a new area for me. I hope you enjoy both the game and the difficulty level :-)

Here's the link...

http://postbug.hemingwaygames.com

...and here's the pitch:

This retro inspired digging game will have you eating bugs, dodging spiders, breaking webs, pushing boulders, diving underwater and left in the dark praying those noises are just your imagination...

Harness the power of speed, fire and electricity; or maybe command a swarm of killer bees to wage war against the spiders! Only true Postbug Legends will survive the 16 grueling rooms that make up the most dangerous mail run in town. Do you have what it takes to deliver all 33 letters?

HemingwayGames
Level 0

Hemingway Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 02:42:47 AM »

Hi everyone, I've just finished a trailer for this game. I've started a number of games in the past where the outcome wasn't exactly how I envisioned. This trailer however pretty much represents my thoughts when I started designing this game 2 years ago. It's great to see it all come together :- ) I'm not happy with the quality, but it's time to move on...

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:58:48 AM by HemingwayGames » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic