Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:00:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Tixel v0.56 (ALPHA) + Tixel Library V1.0 (Use Tixel images in your games)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Tixel v0.56 (ALPHA) + Tixel Library V1.0 (Use Tixel images in your games)  (Read 16353 times)
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2015, 11:53:39 PM »

That's cool!

Have you tried the library? Does it work in your own programs?  Gentleman
mtarini
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »

Well, I don't plan to make any 2D games in the near future, but I would have given a test shot anyway just to field-test it.

Unfortunately, I usually compile in GCC (i.e. link with something like "libtixel.a") not VC++ ("tixel.lib").
As you know, pre-compiled libraries are compiler specific, unfortunately often down to the version number.
I didn't find the source in your package so I could not re-compile it myself.

Anyway, it compiles smoothly (not links, naturally) in a simple GCC+QT project. That's something already!

Minor note:

the packaging could be ameliorated.
.dll, .lib, and .h should stay in their respective folders ("bin", "libs", "include").
The you probably want a "data" sub-folder inside "bin", as (I understand) these must be available to the exec just as well.

Also, I would use consistent capitalization in file names (always, "tixel" with lower case T): tidier and more platform independent.

In any case, apart from minor implementation details, your tixel approach is cool and inspiring, and the results are quite impressive, especially what you call the automatic smoothing. Still, there's something in the basics I think I would have preferred done differently. I'll try to PM you or post here when I've time, as I'm curios to know what do you think!

Warballs! · spherical fierceness · 1P · free · arena fighter · challenging
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »

Thanks for trying. I forgot that GCC creates a library in a different format  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic