Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 01:36:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting* Magic Triangles * Creative Hexiamond Puzzle Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: * Magic Triangles * Creative Hexiamond Puzzle Game  (Read 1130 times)
8Dfa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2014, 06:46:22 PM »

Hi Everyone!

* Magic Triangles * is the first digital "Hexiamond" puzzle game. The physical game is quite popular, there are many wooden and acrylic Hexiamond games and websites about Hexiamonds but no single Hexiamond game for the PC. I owned a physical game when I was a kid and played it a lot. So that's why I made this game. I started to work on the gamedesign 4 years ago. Last year I learned a little C# and it took 1 year to programm the game.

Magic Triangles has some nice features, awards, 2 minigames, secrets, glitches, eastereggs and maybe some bugs.
* 191 Hexiamond Puzzles
* 800 Triangles which can be used to make custom themes and mosaic pictures.
* Screenshotfunction to save pictures which can be used and printed freely (for private purpose).
* 6 painting modes which can be combined.
* Customizeable sounds
* Randomly changing starting screens

There is a lot to explore and to find out.

License: Free Fullversion (donation available)
Systemrequirements: Windows 7 or 8, mouse, keyboard
Filesize: ~21MB Zip
Language: English, German

Playtesting:
Please let me know what you think about the gamedesign. What can be improved?
There is a little cheat code to unlock the bonus puzzles. It's supposed to be found by chance or it's revealed later in the game anyway. Rightclick on the blue scrollbutton in the puzzle map window.

After solving 20 puzzles the first award and minigame is unlocked. This can be achieved very quickly.

In the beginning there are some tips and tricks after each solved puzzle.

Which features do you like best? How do the painting modes work for you and could you paint something and make a screenshot? What about the preset sound and graphic themes? Is it easy make custom themes? How does the first minigame work for you? Could you find any bugs or mistakes?

Thank you very much for playtesting my game and i hope you like it and have fun!

Here is a little video tutorial, how to play and create custom gamepieces:

Mosaic painting with Magic Triangles video:

Website and download:
http://www.8dfineart.com/Magic-Triangles/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:28:45 PM by 8Dfa » Logged

8Dfa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 10:21:18 PM »

Hi again, sorry for the double post but I've just made an update which includes a "Preview Mode" (cheat code) to make playtesting easier and to show later content more quickly. A new painting mode is also available now.

The breakout style minigame with triangles, shoot solved puzzles instead of walls!

New music note graphics. The music is created randomly and plays always a different melody.

The preview mode (cheat code) unlocks all secrets, minigames, painting modes and all triangles. In preview mode everything can be tried out, just saving of themes and puzzles is disabled. It can be turned on and off and regular gameplay can be continued. See the "Readme.txt" inside the download file how it works.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think about it.
Have fun!

http://www.8dfineart.com/Magic-Triangles/
http://www.8dfineart.com/Magic-Triangles/Download/Magic-Triangles-Install.zip

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic