Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:52:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingShiny Gauntlet: Build v0.21 Feedback Friday
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shiny Gauntlet: Build v0.21 Feedback Friday  (Read 1111 times)
spritewrench
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2014, 05:59:12 AM »

Any & All Feedback Appreciated

Build Version: 0.21
Grab it Here

Controls

WASD - directional movement (double tap a direction to dash)
Arrow Keys - attack in that direction
Space - use active ability if available(changes depending on ‘class’)
E - switch weapons

Patch Notes
  • Added 3 new classes. Templar, Bandit and Arblist
  • Changed ranged (archer, spellsnipe, arblist) active ability

ActionGamemaster
Level 0

I fight frogs regularly

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 07:26:14 AM »

The music is too loud. Either the music is overshadowing the sound of me getting hit, or that there's no sound of me being hit at all. I never understand when I get hit. The character doesn't show that he's hit by flashing or some animation, and there's no sound. That's why when I die, I feel like I was cheated instead of being shown that I fucked up 5 times when I got hit.
The controls are unresponsive. When I try to dash with my spear, I press and hold my button at least multiple times. Same with the dashing. Pretty much anything is uncontrollable. Also, with other weapons, why am I not allowed to move while attacking? Why not let me hold down the button for continuous attacking?
This game takes SO much out of my computer. I am typing this while it's launched, and the text I type lags and isn't displayed on the screen instantly, and the emoticons up there have lower FPS. What the fuck. This might be the reason why it's so uncontrollable.
Where's the pause button? While I'm typing this I'm getting my ass kicked, and the pause button isn't something obvious, like ESC or Enter or whatever.
Well, there's positives. I like the fact that when you pick up a weapon, you change a class, and you can combine those classes, and, the art style isn't bad, and I like the idea of lightning. But it runs, so, bad. Also it's named app.app. Brilliant.

I'm doing a game thingie here:
ActionGamemaster
spritewrench
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 10:36:46 PM »

First off thanks for giving the game a go!  The package names are due to automation issues.  As for your control issues....I just spent the last 2-3 hours going over possible reasons code wise. Windows build is significantly better.  Mind sharing your machine's specs?

ActionGamemaster
Level 0

I fight frogs regularly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 11:35:30 PM »

Processor  1.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

The same machine runs TF2 on high specs, so it may be a glitch.

I'm doing a game thingie here:
ActionGamemaster
spritewrench
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 05:06:47 PM »

Okay so after some compression and some code clean up here is an updated download link (for osx).  Please give it a try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xba5b3swo803og/osxRelease.zip?dl=0

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic