Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:54:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSheepHerder
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SheepHerder  (Read 551 times)
teamsheepy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2014, 07:42:17 AM »

We are three students developing a casual game  for our CHI (Computer Human Interaction) course.  In this game you have to lead as much sheep as possible, as fast as possible to their pen. The more sheep you get in there, the higher your score.

Our task is to improve this game in several iterations, according to the feedback we receive by our users. Therefore it would be really great if you play our game and fill in our questionnaire or give us some feedback on this forum. It is available on the Google Play Store, in the browser as HTML5 and soon on the Apple App Store.

You can get more information on our website http://teamsheepy.be.

Thanks for your help!
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »

I tried the HTML5 version. One thing I noticed early on was that sheep can be pushed off-screen, which could be a pretty big issue.

I didn't find it very enjoyable. I've never really liked herding games much, but the one thing they had going for them in my mind was that they were tense. The sheep were "alive" and would actually run away from you. In this, they just sit there like lifeless blobs to be pushed around. I feel like this current setup makes herding them as a group more difficult/tedious, while also making the game lack energy, movement, etc. Some limited AI would probably be a good idea.

It wasn't clear what the symbols above some of their heads meant, because the behavior of those sheep wasn't any different from the others.

I also found it strange that, apart from them going off-screen, there was no danger. I was sure the water would be something to avoid, but it's no threat at all.

The controls worked well, though, and I thought the graphics were all right.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic