Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:57:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI'm looking for a chair. Any reccomendations?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I'm looking for a chair. Any reccomendations?  (Read 1050 times)
flwns
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »

Currently I'm using a shitty folding chair with pillows stacked on it, just to make it bearable for more that 20 minutes.

I'm just wondering if there are any chairs that the kind folk on this forum swear by to keep their ass comfortable.

Something around $100 or less would be preferred. Thanks.
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 11:09:39 PM »

I use my couch but if you go leather for your chair make sure it's actual real, durable leather. I think we all know from experience what happens when you sit on shitty fake leather for too long... leather just falls off and the seat turns white.

I'd say look into gaming chairs, but not one made by a major brand like Razer or something (if they even make them). I've found that "gaming" brands of things tend to up their price way too high for the quality.

flwns
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »

Now I'm curious to what kind of setup uses a couch. Do you just have wireless peripherals? 

I'm not a big fan of leather
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:05:51 AM »

Leather. Easy to clean, will not make you heat up like a mongrel.

Also, get one of those that has an adjustable back.
Like:

Yeah.
ApostropheApps
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:39:04 AM »

Maybe try craigslist? You could probably get an expensive one for cheap. Office Depot has some sales on chairs right now that might work for you.

Definitely yes on adjustable backs and arms.
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »

Now I'm curious to what kind of setup uses a couch. Do you just have wireless peripherals?

Basically the same as sitting on the couch to play a console. I made a nice little table out of wood to put my keyboard and mouse on and use a 46 inch TV as my monitor. I used to have a laptop cart for that but the stupid thing broken like everything made out of particle board, so I just made one instead for like 1/3rd the price. I used to be primarily a console gamer and that was my favourite things about console gaming, I didn't like gaming on a 20-something inch tiny monitor.

So I just bought a big TV and ran an HDMI cable from the PC to the TV... simple. Everything is wired still. I still use a wired 360 controller for a lot of games because I just find it more comfortable, but the days of sitting here playing awful-looking games while my 360 makes a shitload of noise ended years ago. That thing was seriously loud...

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 05:44:07 PM »

You could put up wanted posters for it with rewards n shit for it. Also leave its favorite treats on your doorstep at night and leave the light on.

Usually when it gets cold like this, they tend to come home on their own. I know it's stressful, but if you just wait, it'll probably come back to you.

Slothmachine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 11:38:54 AM »

Not a troll. If you can change the height of your table, saddle chairs can really give nice rest to your back. Not sure if it's a good long term solution. I use one from time to time at the office. Enjoy the amazing advertisement video.
lauragibs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 01:49:27 AM »

just go with a cushioned one
motorherp
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 02:02:43 AM »

I've got a Markus at home which I've found comfortable even when sitting for long periods.  It's slightly above your price range but it's probably worth it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic