Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 01:15:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioUnity partnership with the APM Music Store
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unity partnership with the APM Music Store  (Read 1558 times)
StrayCatRock
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:56:12 AM »

So today, I just noticed that the Unity has included the APM music store within the asset store so with the same login and password you can access their music library.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/apmmusicstore

I've clicked a few tracks and apparently the prices seems to be always the same regardless it's a 30-second or 4min track. Warning those prices don't include the VAT.

There are two license types:
1.Product use all platforms (excludes consoles)
2.Web-only and game trailer use

The licensee profiles and prices(VAT not included) are as follow:

*** University (Students/Faculty) *** 37€ (license 1) 75€(license 2)
*** Business with < $100,000 in revenue or funding *** 37€ (license 1) 75€(license 2)
*** Business with > $100,000 and < $1M in revenue or funding *** 151€ (license 1) 189€(license 2)
*** Business/Organization with > $1M in revenue or funding or for Console Pricing *** Email at [email protected]

BELOW: Copy/paste from the "all platforms (console excluded)" license
____________________________________________________________________________________________
IN PRODUCT/IN-CONTEXT PROMO

This license is applicable to games and apps developed with all Unity licenses other than a Console license. Upon completion of payment, this license grants you the following rights:

Each purchased track may be synchronized (edited) into a single Unity platform-developed interactive non-console game or app. Music may be used in interactive sections, in-game or app cinematics, menus, credits or special features. The game or app may be developed for and distributed onto all personal computer, web and mobile platforms.
    The right for you to use video from your game or app containing the music (in its original form only as contained in the game or app) for your promotional purposes only, including for tradeshows, in-store, the internet, broadcast programs and demo discs. This does not include the right to edit video from your game or app with other footage into a new video, promo, trailers or other new production. See our trailer license options for these rights.

This license does NOT grant you the rights to use the music for the games or apps listed below. For these rights, please email us at [email protected]:

1.Games or apps developed for any major console game platforms such as PlayStation, Xbox, Wii, and Gambling Machines.

2.Games or apps made with the Unity Console license.

3.Gambling related games or apps.

4.Music/Rhythm/Karaoke based games or apps where the music is the primary or integral subject of the production and essential to gameplay, such as Guitar Hero, Loopy, Sing! Karaoke, Hook'd, Just Dance, et al.

5.Branded or promotional games or apps (Advergames), such as Chipotle Scarecrow, McDonald's McPlay, Domino's Pizza Hero, et al.

6.Social games or apps that enable users to access the music for the creation of photo slideshows, videos or other productions which feature APM music, such as Flipagram, Animoto, Slidemaker, et al.

7.Use of the music separate from the game or app.

8.Use of the track in Supplementary Downloadable Content (DLC) packs, maps, et al. These are considered separate productions and would require a separate license and fee.

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 11:34:15 AM »

Thanks for sharing this.  Kinda sucks that the Asset Store Submission tool requires you to have the full Unity in order to submit; as I currently can't spare the hard drive space. But this seems like a nice alternative to some of the other licensing sites. 

PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:37:46 PM »

Thanks for letting us know, though I kind of gave up on selling my music that way, which is non-exclusive. Granted, I've learned a lot about how to properly produce music since my last package there, but still, evidently, developers are more interested in exclusive licenses. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it means more income for the composer.

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
StrayCatRock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 08:54:39 AM »

Thanks for letting us know, though I kind of gave up on selling my music that way, which is non-exclusive. Granted, I've learned a lot about how to properly produce music since my last package there, but still, evidently, developers are more interested in exclusive licenses. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it means more income for the composer.

I think there is still a lot of room in the non-exclusive game music market. Non-exclusive tracks can be used as guidelines in the overall game design process when prototyping. For example, I personally bought some loops from Imphenzia because I needed to see how a 140-bpm trancey tune can go well with the gameplay flow of my arcade game project. Also, it's pretty much hard to find a good amount of looped tracks in common libraries such as APM or Audiojungle as their search engines suck. And generally, I find free tracks aren't great or more in the chiptune department.

Vicarelli's website is a good example at filling the niche (but it requires more work than dealing with 3rd-party store):
http://www.playonloop.com/
Good SEO too as you just have to type "music loops" on google and he's on the first page.

PS: the soundclound preview links are broken on your music packages in the unity store.

PPS: If you're aiming more at cinematic music (not my taste), there has been a recent lenghty article on gamasutra:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/181003/is_game_music_all_it_can_be.php

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »

PPS: If you're aiming more at cinematic music (not my taste), there has been a recent lenghty article on gamasutra:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/181003/is_game_music_all_it_can_be.php

This article is a first-rate analytical approach to video game music; reminds me of Winifred Phillips's book. It'll be nice to describe Diegesis and Mimesis with game developers in their own terms now instead of abstract concepts.

PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:16:09 AM »

PS: the soundclound preview links are broken on your music packages in the unity store.

Like I said, I gave up on selling non-exclusive music there, and since the last time I used it there was no way to properly remove products...I certainly hope that's changed, though...

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic