Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:01:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSlingpin - Released for WP, Android and iOS
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Slingpin - Released for WP, Android and iOS  (Read 1687 times)
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2014, 12:15:41 PM »

Hi all!

I would like to present a game I've been working on and off with for the last year or so. The game is called Slingpin and it's a 2d physics game. Think of it like a mix of Angry Birds, pinball and bowling Smiley

Here's a short video that better describes the game play:

Originally, I had much bigger plans for this game but I've realized that it will never be finished if I'm constantly adding new features and content. I'm not an artist, so the graphics takes waaay to much time for me to produce (and no, it's not very good looking either). A couple of months ago I started to focus on getting this game done and the todo list is getting a bit shorter every week.

Currently I'm working on the following things:

• More levels. My goal is 60 levels for the first release.
  • More sound effects .I'm recording most of the SFX myself and buy the rest from various sites.
  • Polishing and tweaking. Initially, a lot of the graphics was just placeholder art and now I'm trying to improve it the best I can.
  • Bug fixes

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:41:12 PM by jhu » Logged
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 06:57:46 AM »

I realized that I probably should describe the game play a bit more in detail:

The game has four difficulty levels (Easy, Medium, Hard and Insane) and each level will have at least 15 stages. From the start, only the first stage in the Easy level will be unlocked. The next stages and levels can be unlocked by earning stars.

For each stage you have three attempts to knock down all the bowling pins. A strike will award you with three stars, a spare with two stars and one star if you complete the stage. If you fail to hit all the pins you have to try again. It only requires one star to unlock the next stage.

It's possible to get a strike on all stages, although some are pretty tricky and you will probably have to try multiple times.

The game is currently in beta for Windows Phone and Android, let me know if you're interested in trying out the game before it's released to the public.
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 12:57:38 PM »

Working on some new levels and the difficulty selection scene.

jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 04:41:57 AM »

For the last few days I've been adding some more levels (I'm close to my goal of 60 levels) and also recording a lot of sound effects. I'm using a Zoom H4N handy recorder and the result is quite good I think. The sounds I can't produce myself, like explosions Smiley , I will purchase or see if I can find for free somewhere.
jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 05:43:27 AM »

I keep seeing the title and expecting it to be a game about running a gang of thugs armed with slingshots or bolas. Wink Looks like fun though.
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 05:53:46 AM »

I keep seeing the title and expecting it to be a game about running a gang of thugs armed with slingshots or bolas. Wink Looks like fun though.

Haha, you may be a bit disapointed then. Not much violence in this game, only bowling pins are harmed. Wink
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 02:14:38 AM »

Slingpin is now available for Windows Phone:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=bf5aec68-2e99-4562-a236-f1462e21970d

Android version is coming soon.
roboy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 04:24:43 AM »

This looks great man! Surprised no one else has commented Outraged

You releasing on iOS as well? Also what engine did you make this in?

3D artist - www.roboy.me
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 07:20:26 AM »

This looks great man! Surprised no one else has commented Outraged

You releasing on iOS as well? Also what engine did you make this in?

Thank you! The game is developed using Unity3D, so a port to iOS would probably be pretty easy. The plan is to release to Windows Phone an Android first. If there's enough interest I'll try to get access to a Mac so I can compile for iOS as well.
roboy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 07:33:19 AM »

Make it happen! Would love to play this Smiley

3D artist - www.roboy.me
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 11:37:04 AM »

And here's the Android version:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monkeyworks.slingpin

Beer!
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 12:40:47 PM »

It took a while longer than I originally planned, but now it's available for iOS as well:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slingpin/id958568516

Have fun!
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 02:55:09 PM »

I had totally forgot about posting this. But for the record, five years later I have exactly 121 883 downloads and have made about $10 100 in ad revenue.

I'm very proud that I managed to release a game all by my self. But I will prorabably never do it again Smiley
jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »

To clarify, on Android that is. Windows Phone is gone (had some good stats there, tough) and the game is not available on iOS anymore (wasn't worth it).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic