Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:31:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907101 times)
z84c00
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:08 AM »

I can see I'm off to a good start here...
SterlingDee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6081 on: March 15, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »

haha yup. Welcome!

Motion Logic Studios
2D & 3D Art - AAA Experience, Indie-Friendly Prices
Feel free to email me or connect with me on twitter!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: March 15, 2013, 10:04:26 AM »

hi and welcome to the forums!  Smiley

going to merge this into the introduction thread
cominu
Level 0

Yarrr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6083 on: March 16, 2013, 06:03:58 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Alessandro Cominu...a long time lurker and game developer with evil world domination plans Evil

I'm an Italian expat living in Leeds, UK and I run a little indie studio called Subvert Games.

I've always been developing games for myself since I got my hands on my beloved C=64...yes, a long time ago...then I wasted a decade working as webdev/c++ and python programmer until I quit my day job to try the "indie way" of creating and self-publishing a few games like
- "

" - A third person single player RPG (wip)
- "Cuboid Sandbox" - My ludum dare #24 entry, an experimental game/simulation sandbox
- "Gearscape" - A tribute to Super Meat Boy and Portal (in beta right now)

When I'm not working on games I like to:
- sleep (9 hours per day is too much?)
- contribute to the open source philosophy (Hydrogen drum machine)
- eat pizzas (yes, I'm addicted)

Ciao!

MissMelody
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: March 16, 2013, 07:08:11 AM »

Hi, i'm Melody :>
I like music and art. :>
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6085 on: March 16, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »

Hey cominu, hey melody Smiley

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Zenuel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6086 on: March 17, 2013, 01:57:40 PM »

Hey everyone! My name is Zenuel, I'm a voice actor, musician, and occasional graphic designer.  I've been working my butt off to try to get a foot in the door of the indie community and I landed here!

I've helped on loads of flash projects, but really nothing solid yet, I'm absolutely dying to help create something.

You can find my work in various places including SoundCloud, Twitter, and Bandcamp

A few music samples:

Kids These Days

The Tale of The Silver Golem

= False

Home

Voice Work:

The Back of my Business Card

Worst Valentines Day Dinner Ever [Language Warning/Lengthy]

I also make silly art things!

---

---

---

Thank you for the time and use of your eyeballs!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:07:52 PM by Zenuel » Logged

felipeprov
Level 0

Let's do it!

View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: March 17, 2013, 05:09:09 PM »

Hi guys
My name is Felipe, I am a Electrical Engineer from Brazil, and I have been working in a game engine as hobby. Maybe someday I will have success finishing my first commercial game.
I am honored to post something in this forum. Smiley
NoobsArePeople2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6088 on: March 18, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »

Hi Everyone! My name is Sean and I like video games, beer and pizza. I also enjoy cats.
B6ka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6089 on: March 19, 2013, 07:54:24 AM »

Hey, my name is Aqet Gamoushi, I am a game developer, cat-gun designer and aligator farmer. Nice to meet ya all. 

B6ka
Game developer, cat-gun enthusiast, alligator farmer
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:19 AM »

Hi Aqet, NoobsArePeople2, felipeprov, Zenuel, MissMelody, cominu, SterlingDee, z84c00, 3leggedegg, joc-wi and Pixel_Crusher !

welcome aboard!           
unusualcadence
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: March 19, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »

Oh hi there. Long time reader, first time poster. I'm Adam, I make games and things! I once did that Thrustburst game with Umlautgames that you might have played. I think we're still working on the next game but it's taking a while.

Things have evolved to a point where I can even make games without leaning on the abilities of other, vastly more talented people, so I'm giving it a go and intending to rock up at as many game jams I can in my spare time!
vexille
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6092 on: March 20, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »

Hey there! I've actually been posting on some threads around but hadn't seen this thread yet. I'm Guilherme, and I'm a programmer from Brazil. Since I was a kid I've wanted to work in games, but I've never really had much hope that I would be able to (the gaming market here really wasn't to inviting until a few years ago), so I had been working as a regular programmer for about two years.

I got really frustrated and depressed about my job and coincidently an old buddy mentioned he was about to start a game studio with a friend of his. So one thing led to another, and here we are! We are Luderia and we're trying to make the games we'd wanna play! We've been funding everything ourselves and we still haven't seen a dime because we haven't really released our first game yet haha.

And that game is...

Oh yes! Intense car-on-car action! We like to think of it as what would happen if Destruction Derby and Twisted Metal had a baby with Super Smash Bros, except it's for two players and you can only play it on a tablet! (Maybe on smartphones too, we're looking into that.) Anyway, I won't go on forever about it here, if you're interested, go check out our Facebook page, there's a bunch more info there.

And as a side project I intend to tackle on my free time, I've started making a cinematic platformer. I've actually had quite a bit of help from electrolyte, whom I've decided to bombard with technical questions after seeing this amazing project he was creating. I don't really have much of the game ready, but it will most likely involve space hippies and cosmic beads. I'll be sure to post more about it on the forums once there's something to show!
Zarkonnen
Level 1

Games! Kittens! Wine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6093 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:55 AM »

Hi! I'm David Stark / Zarkonnen. Gentleman I've lurked here a bit, and decided to finally take the plunge and actually register. I make games, mostly in Java, with the occasional Python and JS experiments. I've been a fairly regular participant in the Java4k contest. My entries, from most recent to least: (note: all Java applets!)

* Parasite Escape, a sidescrolling shooter/puzzler where you escape from a space base by jumping from brain to brain
* Dawn, where you have to hide from your abusive vampire boyfriend until sunrise
* Moo4k, a demake of Master of Orion, featuring hotseat multiplayer

I also recently made a slightly bigger game called Patent Blaster and am now again working on my long-time project, which is set in space...

Starkiller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: March 21, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »

Greetings community, i am Steve, i've been programming for over 20 years (2 years with game programming). Since i was a teenager i've dreamed of making a final fantasy-like game and would love to do so someday if i ever were to find a passionate graphic artist.

I made a few iOS & Windows Phone games. I am currently developing a 2D rpg engine in my spare time in C# language using XNA framework. I also do web programming in php/javascript but i prefer game programming because it's much more fun  Smiley

win/linux/ios/macos/wp7/xbox360 developer
- C#, Objective-C, Javascript, PHP.
- XNA/MonoGame, OpenGL/ES1, Direct3D.
blaze_epic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6095 on: March 21, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »

Hi, I'm Larry. I've always had some sort of a passion for video games but it wasn't fully realized until I had access to the internet and a laptop of my own. With such technologically advanced tools at hand, I've come across several different spriting sites and 2D game engines, due to having an unrealized high interest in gaming.

During such "studies", I started to shift interest towards retro games, fascinated with how creative those developers had to be to make such great gaming experiences with what limitations they had, producing classics that still live strong amongst today's heavy hitters.

Some of my absolute favorite games are Prince of Persia (original), Tekken series, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, Tomb Raider Anniversary and Underworld, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Oddworld: Abe's Exodus, Castlevania 1 and 3, Ninja Gaiden (just the NES and Master System titles), Zelda: A Link to the Past and Oracle of Seasons, Metal Gear 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions and Ghost Babel, skate, Super Mario Bros DX, Soul of the Samurai, Tenchu, Bushido Blade 2, Samurai Shodown series, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 7.

As a developer with very little experience, I would like to try to create games that build upon simple ideas and use them in creative ways, attempting to make for an interesting, challenging, and fun gaming experience. Due to my only experience with graphics staying within the low-res areas, my goal is to present these games with a retro art-style that can still look good by today's standards. My personal interests in martial-arts, parkour/free-running, and skateboarding have played a huge inspiration in what I've made and plan on making.

In this community, I hope to come across some more gems and hopefully contribute a few in the near future. I also really like to talk about video games...

Wogoat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6096 on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »

I'm Matt Gardner, I've been toying with game design to some extent ever since the release of Klik & Play way back when.  (And a bit of BASIC stuff prior to that)

Since then I've been involved in several game projects and am looking forward to producing a game of my own if I can ever manage to get one finished.

I've done character designs for the first three Blackwell games, as well as the voice of Jim the replacement door man in the first one.  I also did animation work on Emerald City Confidential.

Currently working on my own adventure game, Party to Adventure, which I hope to be getting into proper development this year.  Also have a half dozen unfinished browser games, I very much suffer from the need to start a new project as soon as one shows promise of actually being completed.

However, as far as the internet is concerned, I'm far more known for my Floating Hands Studios cartoons.
ali00128
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: March 22, 2013, 12:44:39 AM »

Hi,

I'm a Game designer and developer. Joined TIGSource to introduce my game and hear what you think.  Gomez
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: March 22, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »

Hi ali00128, Wogoat, blaze_epic, Starkiller, Zarkonnen, vexille  and unusualcadence !

Glad you found us.
Welcome to you all! 
Valued Rug
Level 0

All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6099 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:04 AM »

Hi I'm Valued Rug, I make games.

I got started in the early 90's, the shareware days on mac. There were a lot of little games that you could open up and see how they worked. I was a little kid then, having no clue what I was doing. It wasn't until Bungie dropped Marathon right on my face that I started mapping, then later they did Myth and I did maps and mods for that too. Lots of fps maps and mucking around throughout the late '90's early 2000's. I went to college as an art major and spent a few years outside of gamedev, but always a hardcore gamer.

I lean towards fps and rts games, but I play everything "Western". I generally don't get into RPG's because I end up spending 80 hrs on the sidequests or grinding some stupid boss... I get too into the details and burn out on them.

In '04, I went to the guildhall, cohort 2. Basically, on the bleeding edge of game schools, before they were a "thing". I worked at several major companies on AAA games, and for the last 4 years, worked at a company founded by ex guildhall kids (now old men). We did mainly iphone and serious games, but aside from

, we never got to do the indie game thing, even though we were in on the ground floor of the app store!

That company recently got rid of everyone unfortunately. A sad part of the industry, but it always happens. Even (insert game studio here) will someday fold, mark my words.

For the time being, I have a small side project called  hatchlight, with a few of the guys. I'm finally joining in on the conversation here rather than just lurking around.

Our first game is already out (iOS). We are releasing it a Chapter at a time. At some point I'll start a wip thread for it.

current project - Rescue Love Revenge
http://rlr.hatchlight.net
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic