Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:26:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944030 times)
Psycher!
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: March 24, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »

Hi, my name is Esteban/Psycher. I'm a musician and a learning producer. I've been wanting to have my music be in a game for a long time now, but what I want most right now is to learn some new stuff from everyone here. I've made attempts at making an actual game myself, but they were usually failures which I gave up on pretty quickly. Nice to meet you all.  Smiley
xrm0
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6101 on: March 24, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »

Hi, my name's Luis and I've been coding for a long time but not long ago decided to start making games.
I did my first game in the mid 90s, source code (Pascal and Assembler) and a gameplay video here: http://ktulu.com.ar/blog/2012/10/10/janus/ (the post is in spanish)
You can see what I've published so far here: MulitaSoft.
UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6102 on: March 24, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »

Hey guys, my name is Lou and i've been in the industry for close to 10 years.  After 2 studio closings within a year I finally decided to give indie gaming a try.  I've also been a member here lurking for a few years and finally will have something to post.  Looking forward to being more active on the site!
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: March 25, 2013, 01:23:45 AM »

Well Hello UberLou, xrm0, Psycher! and Valued Rug.

welcome to the forums.     
MFK
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: March 25, 2013, 04:38:18 AM »

Hi, I'm Michael / MFK  Gentleman

I am the linux porter of the cross-platform version of Indielib game engine, orginally done by Javier / Javilop.

Since Javier used to post here about his work on indielib, I thought it might be a good idea to lurk around here myself Smiley

Regarding the cross-platform version of Indielib, the binary releases of our new 0.5 version are ready here: http://www.indielib.com/tools/ if anyone want to check it out.
LimitingFactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6105 on: March 25, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »

Hello, my name is Clayton Lilly and I am a java developer. I've been into making games as a hobby for a long time, and I've always been fascinated by games that use procedurally generated content. I released a game about a year ago for Android, and just recently ported it to Windows. It's a first person RPG set in a procedurally generated world. You can check it out at www.realmsoffortune.com.
Durbek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: March 25, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »

Hello, I'm Durbek.))
(it is not only nick Wink )
I'm beginner pixel artist and indie game developer(beginner too)))

that's all. =)

h1ff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: March 26, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »

Hey everyone,

Dropping my introduction here. You can call me Sam or h1ff. I've been playing games for over 25 years now. In the past year, I've started developing my own game - Galactic Council. It is a sci-fi deckbuilding/ccg type browser-based game that I have grand community-sourced visions for. I've been learning different aspects of software construction for just about 10 years now, so I'm really excited to be bringing my first game to the public.

So I'll list my big 3 favorites -
1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
2. Super Metroid
3. Final Fantasy Tactics

Close 4th and 5th goes to D2: LOD and FFVII, of course. Glad to be posting here, I'm looking forward to further involving myself in the Indie Games scene.
Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6108 on: March 26, 2013, 04:47:09 PM »

Hey Hey,

My name’s Daniel and I publish games under the name Ruxar. I've been working on Windows Phone titles for the last year or two but have recently branched out to Android and fingers cross I should have my first game on Android in the next few days!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:57:13 PM by Ruxar » Logged

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: March 26, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »

Hiya Ruxar, h1ff, Durbek, LimitingFactor and MFK!

we are very glad to have you with us!.

have fun
TPathuis
« Reply #6110 on: March 27, 2013, 02:42:36 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Thomas, 25 years old, I'm Dutch and currently live in an apartment in The Hague together with my girlfriend (and 2 cats). I expect to graduate within 2 weeks from the 'International Game Architecture and Design' course here in the Netherlands.

In and outside of school I've worked on various games. Some time ago my team and I got an honorable mention in the student showcase category of IGF 2011 for 'EXP', trailer and download: http://thomaspathuis.com/EXP_minisite.html

I worked at Ronimo Games (http://ronimogames.com/), a dutch indie game dev, for almost a year doing a design internship and 'specialization phase' (writing a dissertation: 'Player & Difficulty Management'). I've worked on Awesomenauts (http://www.awesomenauts.com) and the DLC campaign 'Super Saucy Sausage Fest' for the previously released Swords & Soldiers: http://store.steampowered.com/app/210510/?l=english

For the past couple of months I have been working on a game by myself called RedplusBlue, I've posted a gameplay video and screenshot here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32438.0
I'm also currently working on 2 other small games with different people, which hopefully will see the light of day very soon.

I'd consider myself mostly to be a designer and artist, but working on RedplusBlue has also made me confident enough to code a little. Hopefully I will be able to expand my coding experience and knowledge further with future projects.

My portfolio page is a little outdated but if you are interested have a look anyway: http://thomaspathuis.com/
I also play a little guitar and compose my own songs, I've put some online here: https://soundcloud.com/thomas-pathuis (Here you can also see a picture of me at a gig of the band I previously played bass for.)

I believe that covers most of it, but if you want to know anything else let me know!

Thomas

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: March 27, 2013, 04:46:53 AM »

Hallo Thomas.

Ziet er goed uit!
TPathuis
« Reply #6112 on: March 27, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »

Hallo Thomas.

Ziet er goed uit!

Hey! Dankjewel  Smiley
zzajin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: March 28, 2013, 06:17:54 AM »

Hola!

Indie dev here from the Detroit area.

My first games were Snake and Hunt the Wumpus variations in the 80's on a Timex Sinclair 1000.

AleHitti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6114 on: March 28, 2013, 09:59:25 AM »

Hello! Newbie here!

My name is Alejandro Hitti. I'm from Venezuela, but I'm currently living in Redmond, WA. I'm studying at DigiPen, pursuing a major in Computer Science in Real-Time Interactive Simulation (fancy name for "Game Programmer"). Before I came to the US, I studied Computer Science at the Universidad Simon Bolivar in Venezuela for 4 years.

I first wanted to make videogames when I was around 9, but I've been playing videogames for longer than that, probably since I was 5 and had an SNES with games like Mario Kart, Krusty's Fun House, Donkey Kong Country 3 and Mortal Kombat (yeah, I know, M rated game when I was 5 xD).

Since then, I owned an N64, a PS1, PS2 (probably my favorite console of all time) and I currently own an Xbox360, but I've also had handhelds like the GameBoy Color, DS and 3Ds.
My favorite game genre is probably JRPG, as I own most of them, but I play almost any game except for maybe RTS games. I've played them before, but I don't fancy them much.

Anyway, enough background. Since I started programming, I've made games like Robots (Linux game), Breakout (hasn't everyone?) and small games like that. On my first semester at DigiPen, I made a game called "Spanks", which stands for Space Tanks, which is a worms-like game where you are trying to destroy your opponent. The catch though, is that you are in space and the arena is an asteroid field, where each asteroid has it's own gravity field that will pull bullets towards it. In order to hit the other player, you will need to make your shots bend around the asteroids. Here are some screenshots:

I'm currently working on another game called "The Afterworld Chronicle", which is a 2D action platformer with proceduraly generated levels. It's turning out great and me and my teammates hope we can make it to PaX13. Maybe I'll post some screenshots later Smiley

Nothing more to say I guess, I'm an aspiring game programmer with some game design emphasis as well as experience as a producer. I'm also learning how to sprite, but it's still just programmer art Smiley

I hope I can meet all of you and I will try to be an active member of the community Smiley

TL:DR = I'm Alejandro Hitti, a game programmer and game designer. I study at DigiPen and make games.

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: March 28, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »

Hi bLITzRoX and zzajin !

Welcome to our little corner of the web.
Have fun!
Pidroh
Level 0

Pidroh Super Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6116 on: March 28, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »

Why, hello everyone!

I'm Pedro Gabriel and I publish games under the name Pidroh.
I'm from Brasil, I mainly like JRPGs, I started making games when I was 11, 12, with RPG Maker.

I love programming and I can also scrap by on some art. Most of my games are for Android, but I have an Iphone title and some PC titles, but they are too amateurish. I'm trying to step up my game though, so I come here to interact and for feedback! My only really successful title has been Dragon Sky Rush for Android, which is a bit of a Dragon Ball Z parody-shooter.

My dreams are to be able to live only by making games and to make a game that can make a lot of people cry.

That is all!

Cybearg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: March 28, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »

I have played video games since before I could read, but have only just now gotten into trying to actually make them. Since I'm 24, I'm a bit of a late bloomer in that regard.

I plan to start with retro consoles (I have recently released a few games for the Atari 2600) and eventually move on to something newer. I hope to be able to come up with interesting game concepts and not fall into the trap of making pointless or tedious interactive "noise" just for the sake of making a game.
madruse
Level 0

deep in code

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6118 on: March 29, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »

Hi, I'm Dustin, long time TIG Source reader, first time forum post...er.  I've been programming for about 13 years, developing/designing games for about 6 years, and playing games since my first computer.  (TRS-80 baby!)  I'm a graphic designer who became a programmer. (left brain vs right brain, fight!)  Over the years, I've made games for EA, Hasbro, Atari, name drop, name drop, Yawn, who cares.  Now, I want to be able to say I've made games for....me.  MadRuse Games is my indie game studio that me and a friend started.  Here is a game we are working on called Vortex: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32500.0

stocki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6119 on: March 29, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »

Hi everyone!
I'm Daniel and I am 22 years old. Currently I study Creative Computing in London which is where I live as well!

I got into games when my dad got me a SNES for my sixth birthday. My favourite games at the time were Zelda 3, Super Mario Bros., and Mario Kart, the obvious more or less. Smiley I am still a big fan of retro games today, but I enjoy modern games just as much. My current favourite is the new Tomb Raider, but I pretty much enjoy everything as long as it is Action Adventure or something related.

Programming has been one of my biggest hobbies for quiet a while now. I started with "The Game Maker" - a basic dialect when I was about eight and explored quiet a few other programming languages during my time now.

At the moment I am working on a project called Tales of Hymna (http://toh.stockerdesign.com) which is an RPG in the style of Zelda and want to present it here soon.

If you want to have a look at my previous projects, I would like to point you to my portfolio site. (http://www.stockerdesign.com)

Well I guess that's about all. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic