Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 01:30:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1941277 times)
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6120 on: March 29, 2013, 03:22:56 PM »

hi stocki, madruse, Cybearg and Pidroh.

glad you found us!
welcome
pekkak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: March 30, 2013, 02:32:57 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm the designer of upcoming indie title called Prisonscape. Not many of you have probably heard of it (hipster!), but we've been doing development for a while now. Since I'm a bit lazy, I'll just copy my introduction from our website (www.prisonscape.com):

"My name is Pekka and I’m the game and story designer for Prisonscape. I’m currently working as a researcher at University of Tampere where I study multimodal user interfaces. When Tuomas asked if I wanted to get involved in creating games, I was immediately interested. I have a long history with roleplaying games both as a DM and a player. I want to study gaming platforms as a way to tell stories and create emotions. I’m also interested in creating dynamic worlds where the player’s actions matter and where decisions have different consequences.

I draw inspiration from movies, books, recordings, games and from day-to-day scenarios. I want to create realistic characters whose personalities are more in the shades of grey instead of black and white (good vs. evil) you traditionally see in RPGs."

I'm the guy in the back, and the other dude is Tuomas. He's the coder for Prisonscape.

FloatingCoder
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: March 30, 2013, 04:52:25 AM »

Hi! I'm Bryan, I'm a full time software developer by day, mostly boring businessy stuff, but I've been dabbling in game development too off and on for a while now. I haven't finished anything worth bragging about yet, but hope to soon!

I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this community. 
Thanks!
Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6123 on: March 30, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »

Hey!

I am Matouš Ježek from Brno, Czech Republic.
 I worked as designer in 2K Czech (Mafia II and couple other projects) for more than 4 years. Last summer I left the company to start something on my own. With few of my former collegues we started an indie project.

My roots are in storytelling (worked on several pen and paper RPGs before). I love to work with narrative from many different angles and always trying to find ways how to deliver meningfull experiences through game interaction.

Things got changed since there are no armies of artists and programmers producing my ideas, despite that I quite enjoy life of indie developer - I mean crafting game from bottom to top Smiley

Don't hesitate to wisit my website, if you are interested.

If something from my experience is useful to you guys, I will gladly share with the community.
 Cheers!

Jon Hampton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: April 01, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »

hello i'm me
fmauro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:47 AM »

Hello!

I am Mauro Frischherz, Programmer at Phalanx One Games.

We're a two man team from Switzerland. I've been programming forever, give classes as an assistant at university and generally like to code.

Our first title has just been released, its name is Captain Thumb

Here's our website www.phalanxonegames.com
Germanunkol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: April 02, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I'm Germanunkol, an electrical Engineering student.
I started hacking together games when I was 12 and was stuck in that I-m-making-the-next-awesome-great-game for quite some time.
At around 16, I started doing more serious work and taking some coding courses. We got together into a small team and started to create CSiS, a fast-paced multiplayer space combat game. Of course, because it's multiplayer and because our choice of engine was never the best, it took ages to get running, but we're almost done with the next beta now, we hope to release it in the next weeks.

Every now and then, I get around to doing some work in Blender or Gimp, but I always tend to loose the patience:

Lately we got stuck working on CSiS and in the meantime, I decided to more experimental stuff.
That's how two more recent projects came to be:

Wiki-Based-RPG:

A text-based adventure game
where words that you have to use in your story are automatically and randomly generated from wikipedia-articles. This results in some crazy stories... Multiplayer only!

And the most recent project, trAInsported:
(On indieDB)

This one is pretty experimental.
The players have to write artificial intelligence that controls the trains during the course of the game (pathfinding, decision making etc). Once done, you can upload your AI to the official site which will make the AI compete agains other player's AIs in live, online matches (that you can also watch and follow). Statistics are saved and displayed on the website (also in animated auto-generated svg-goodness!)
The game teaches some basics of Lua to get players started.

I've been hanging around here for a while every now and then. The reason I'm registering now is, I'll be honest, that I'm stuck with that last game. It's basically done, there's some tweaking to do but all the features are implemented. Now, I wrote to multiple sites and none of them have responded. I do realize that the game's a very "niche" type of game... but indie-sites usually love those, don't they?!
Any hint on how I get to get more attention for the game would be appreciated. It's open source and free, so I don't care about huge press, but I want to at least have more players. I made a game thread for it... feel free to discuss the problem there! http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32578.0

Besides gaming I love art, basketball and foreign cultures... which is why I'm studying abroad right now. I'm also a Treckie and have always wanted to make a big and juicy space game RPG. Maybe. One day. :D

There. That's me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:04:10 AM by Germanunkol » Logged
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »

Germanuknol: Was Wiki-Based-RPG inspired by Zach Barth's Wikipedia Quest? It's quite a cool idea.
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: April 02, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »

Hi there Germanunkol, fmauro, deadman7, Erric, FloatingCoder and pekkak!

welcome to the forums.

Germanunkol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: April 02, 2013, 11:57:59 AM »

Germanuknol: Was Wiki-Based-RPG inspired by Zach Barth's Wikipedia Quest? It's quite a cool idea.
Hey, thanks! Smiley
No, I never heard of that game... Just googled it, it's awesome!

I meant to do WikiBasedRPG for a game jam, but we ended up doing something else. Then I got home after the event and started coding, cause I liked the idea so much.
As it always is, the base (communicating with the wiki) was done after that one night but the rest took much longer - text formatting/input and locales was a pain in the a**... In fact, locales don't really work yet because the engine doesn't support all non-standard keyboard keys...
AleZayas
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: April 02, 2013, 05:19:18 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Ale (short for Alejandro) and I'm from Argentina. I work in marketing and I'm also a freelance photographer but here I'm mostly a gamer who decided to try and make games. As for now, I don't know a lot about programming but I like to think about myself as a fast learner and a hard worker (don't we all, haha.)
My fav franchise are Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, I love indie games, old games, demakes, well almost everything!

I'm hoping I'll meet some of you through the forums and learn a lot. Gentleman
Bye!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: April 02, 2013, 05:21:42 PM »

hello,.
fallenart
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: April 02, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »

Hi all,

Im Daniel (more commonly known as Waystone) im a local perth (lonely city of australia) indie game artist - mostly because there is no AAA here haha.
Just thought i'd take a minute to say hi and look forward to seeing everyone around and discussing what everyone is doing etc.

Right now yes my profile is empty, but hopefully that will change soon.

cya all around.

http://waystone.deviantart.com
www.monster-carnival.com

Local perth artist making his way in a tiny town with limited game culture.
Donations in cookies are appreciated.
mychii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: April 04, 2013, 09:51:29 PM »

Hi all!

Sorry before because I made this as my 2nd post (which means I first posted without introduction because there's one attractive thread.. nevermind).

Well, About me? my name is Arly from Indonesia. I've been messing around with computer since 1999, but I started programming at 2005. During those times I enjoyed playing around with 3Ds max, Photoshop, and related stuff.
Since 2006, I worked as web developer (freelance) and application developer, and now I'm focusing on game development. Here's one of my old public work on Flash with childish art ever: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/505773 . I also made a game with a friend to learn how to get into Apple's App Store. The administration took me 2 times longer than the development itself and it was stressful. I'd love to give you the link but I want to respect this thread as its a commercial work.

So how do I get into games? once upon a time ... (seriously its a long story)

I get into games because I played SEGA when I was 5 (such indoctrination..) and got involved with SNES due to my friends back then to play Contra and some circus game I don't know what it is called, but I never owned it. My favorite in SEGA was Sonic and Top Gear, also an action adventure game like Double Dragon, Yoshi, oh not to forget a memorable space shooting game from Japan called Verytex (try typing this on Google Play search and you'll get an error, seriously).

When I went to 5th grade, I finally got my first Playstation. Gran Turismo was my super favorite and I also enjoyed finishing my sister's RPG game like Suikoden series, Final Fantasy series (7 ate 9), and more. More other games I play were Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Fatal Frame, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill ... why all the horror games? When there's a family gathering, me and my sister usually invited all the kids/cousins to watch/play it in a dark room together and have them scream loudly that worries the parents. Well I guess that's enough for game consoles.

For PC, I was attracted into it when I was in 5th grade and ruined my computer many times. But it helped me on how I can make a clean install of Win98 (the technician taught me). It was a precious experience, including my parent's rage. The computer game that almost failed me on my test to junior high school was Roller Coaster Tycoon and Transport Tycoon Deluxe. It was an amazing sandbox game I ever played. On and on I started playing FPS games like Counter-Strike and then went straight to an MMORPG like Ragnarok Online.

I also once played traditional games like gundu/kelereng ... what am I talking, really. I played Pokemon trading card game, it was one most awesome experience as well, having my best deck beaten by a random uncalculated deck just because my opponent always got an approx. 95% head every flip coin and crushes my entire bench each head, it made me want to make better card combinations. But that's where I learn that these are the power of social trading card games, where there's an unlimited time and space for a Player trying to be the best of the best, and I was on that trap, but I don't mind because I was what people call fans and the game is indeed great. (I really should stop talking like this).

I also enjoyed my moment playing every color of Pokemon up to Gold. I also enjoyed the moment I'm playing a versus game with GameBoy through cable data with my friend, where MewTwo vs MewTwo battle will never last and we decided to get some ice tea instead. There was another moment I can trade with myself with Pokemon Blue, Red, and Yellow trick that it crashed my whole game and corrupted my save data. But trust me, I never give up that it happened twice. But finally made it work the third time.

My passion? Specifically to game, great is just not enough, I want to produce entertaining, and inspiring games. Allow me to derive more; in my country, we, game developers, are desperately in need of inspirations and advanced technical guidance that we don't have locally, and we are actively moving forward by our own, even our local customers aren't yet into our games up until now so we have to fight ourselves outside the country, and thank God there's internet and Flash as a start. Developers we are now are heavily influenced from outside works (like from US, UK, and Japan) and so here we are now into the field; because of passion in games. Even a little inspiration starts a motivation to keep moving forward.
Entertaining? I saw my parents were so skeptical about my work in this field that they questioned me and even got mad at me many times. And then I showed them one of my game that can make them laugh to each other and was enough to change their thoughts to start believe in what I do? well that's powerfully entertaining for me.

My passion ain't gonna happen without ya'll, and I'll be happy to hear from you and be part of this community to help on whatever I can do. Smiley

What makes me tick? You've read my stor :lol:y, it's in my blood. LOL just kidding. :D

SO THAT'S IT. I hope it's good enough as introduction. Cheers! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:59:15 PM by mychii » Logged
graphpaper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6134 on: April 06, 2013, 07:20:36 AM »

Hey Everyone-

My name is andrew and I am just getting started. I am trying to finish up graduate school, but becoming much more interested in games than engineering. I am interested in Kinect development and level design. Was going to lurk for a while but this thread was up to page 413, which is my birthday! Had to post. Hope to see you around.
FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6135 on: April 06, 2013, 10:05:49 AM »

Hi, I’m Frank Force and I'm probably around 33 right now.  I've worked in the industry for a long time but now I'm trying to go indie.  I've got about 3 years to get an indie career off the ground or I will be forced to return to a high paying yet soul crushing industry job.  I was a core team member on Starhawk, Red Faction Guerrilla, and Psi-Ops.  Those are the main ones anyways.  I did mostly gameplay but also graphics, AI, engine stuff and lots of design.

Here are some of the projects I currently have in the works...
  • Squaresville, a puzzle/platformer/metroidvania adventure game for Sifteo Cubes, currently my primary focus
  • Faster Blaster, a Metroid + Blaster Master mash-up which I have started a dev log for on TIGSource
  • Frank Engine, a very powerful open source game engine written in C++

There a few other big projects coming up that I wish I could talk about but I need to keep them under wraps for now.  Anyway I'm always looking for feedback or suggestions.  I am also looking for help with Art/Music/Sound etc not just for these projects listed but many others.  So if you are extremely competent and experienced then I'd be happy to check out some of your samples and see if we can work together.  Peace.
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: April 06, 2013, 01:19:42 PM »

hello,.

Hello , Joe

Quite superb you are today ...
blaavogn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: April 07, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »

Hi

I am learning how to make games, and I am for the first time about to actually finishing a game.
So while searching the internet for places to post it, I came across this site and seems really nice.
Hopefully we will have a lot of game-related discussions.

Best Wishes
blaavogn

Full Mana
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: April 08, 2013, 07:58:33 AM »

Hi all! Beer!

I'm Rag, 32 years-old french professionnal game designer and amateur sound designer. I'm gonna start my own indie game company over the next months, with two other people (artist and developer).

I've recently developed a pretty cool html5 demo that I'll share with you in order to get additional helpful feedback. Hope you'll find it fun!

Rag
Denogginizer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: April 08, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »

Hello! My name is Jame Peebles. How I got here and what I want to do,

Learned to use a computer at 4 (to play games on) -> Natural with numbers -> ADD -> Diablo II -> Luck -> Two years Materials Engineer major at UCLA -> ADD -> One year Math major at UCLA -> Luck -> One year left till degree -> ADD -> Take a break to program an ARPG -> Profit -> Profit more -> Eventually pick up the degree (or alternatively, Don't profit enough -> Pick up the degree).

DevLog incoming

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic