Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: atQor

April 18, 2024, 05:20:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1941671 times)
boggsie
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: April 08, 2013, 10:16:01 PM »

Hi! I'm Josh

I got into games back when I was wee' lad. I think I beat my first RPG before I could tie my shoes.

I left my cozy job making games at EA in Melbourne, Australia to create games I've always wanted to make. The studio I co-founded, Loveshack Entertainment, got some funding from the Australian government to help us get our first game, Framed, out the door. AWESOME!

Zenfar
Level 0

Developer, Code Monkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6141 on: April 09, 2013, 10:43:09 AM »

First of all most excellent collection of emojis ever  My Word! Beer!

My name is Glen and I go by Zenfar on the Internet.  Ever since I wrote my first color adventure game on the Apple ][e I have been working on indie role-playing games and adventure games.  I have been an indie for 20 years and have the shareware and bargain bin scars to prove it.  I wrote shareware character generators for RPGs and dice rolling programs.  I created a future fantasy PC RPG called Zenfar.  A cyberpunk X-Box Live Indie Game called ZenHak.  And an iPhone and iPad fantasy RPG called Brigands and Barbarians.  So far no monster hits but I keep going, I love it, there is no other creative freedom like it.  Trying a Kickstarter to move on from programmer art for my iPad game, but finding a great artist that loves the idea work even better.

Cheers
Glen (@RealZenfar)

Here are my links (did I mention the amazing emojis  Wizard Panda Who, Me?)

Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zenfar/brigands-and-barbarians-hd
Brigands and Barbarians iPad:  http://appstore.com/BrigandsAndBarbariansHD

Glen (@RealZenfar)
http://www.zenfar.com
Dvx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: April 09, 2013, 05:50:57 PM »

Hi I am Rene from Estonia.
I am Web Developer and currently working on my browser game.
hmkay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: April 10, 2013, 09:25:05 AM »

Hi,

I am Martin. I am a software engineering student and some of the projects I work on in my spare time are games.

The first games I played were all on DOS. Pac-Man, Prince of Persia, Pinball, Digger, Simon the Sorcerer, Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit - some of the classics.

When I was in school I mainly played RPGs or strategy games. I always liked to try some games from the rpgmaker community (e.g. Exit Fate).

Since then I lost the patience for playing RPGs and only rarely play computer games anymore. I tried playing Oblivion two years ago and I instantly started cheating, because I've come to hate grinding and I am just interested in exploring and learning the story.

However, I try to get each humble indie bundle that comes out and try the games, just out of curiosity. I also have my moments every few years, where I pick a Final Fantasy game and play it obsessively.

I love board and card games (chess, baduk, skat, etc.) - the human interaction makes these more interesting to me.

I also love programming and problem solving, so while I am not the most passionate gamer, I like creating games (among other things).

The last project I worked on (together with three other students) is a puzzle game that runs in your browser. The goal is to lead the cow to the trophy by dragging arrows on the field. It is freely playable at http://ikuh.clay.io.

The game is intended for desktop PCs and tablets. It is our entry to the clay.io "Got Game?"-competition.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:42:19 AM by hmkay » Logged
Daz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6144 on: April 11, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »

Hi! I'm Daniel Moreno, from Spain. I make games as a hobby. I made some games, Doomed Dungeon, You Have Only 30 Seconds, among others...

I signed up some time ago, but I didn't post anything until now. I read some interesting threads over here, so I'm here to discuss them and show my games. I'm currently trying to make an Android game, as well as learning about making HTML5 games.

I'm still developing my website. Meanwhile, what about following me on Twitter? @DazlogGames

Cheers!

AmzBee
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6145 on: April 11, 2013, 10:29:16 AM »

So this is where I am supposed to tell you about myself huh? Fair enough Smiley

Hi everyone, I am Aimee and I'm the lead developer at Xpod Games, we are a tiny indie outfit based in the UK city of Liverpool. Rob (lead artist) and I started up the company just over a year ago and as you can imagine it's been quite a roller-coaster lol.

I really don't have much of a background in the industry previous to this as for most of the last few years I bounced between professional programmer, holiday repping and spinning records. The experience I have comes from doing a lot of modding back in the Q3 days on many quirky things hardly anyone would remember.

The main reason I got into developing games was because programming systems for factories is out right boring (I got fed up of showing office workers how to change the ink cartridge on a printer), holiday repping meant I had to sing all the time, and the music industry has it's way of chewing out people who listen more than create lol. Making games gives me the ability to entertain, see people happy and at the same time allow me to use my skills as a programmer.

Anyway that's me, I look forward to getting into heated discussions with you all, and thanks for having me.

edit: completely forgot! we have a game out on the Xbox called Genix lol, check it out here (sorry for shameless spam); http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Genix/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550c84

Aimee
Benjamin385
« Reply #6146 on: April 11, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »

Hey everyone,

I have been a lurker for the longest time. So I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Ben Stanley I am a 3D Artist that is big fan on Indie games and non-mainstream consoles. currently I am planning on building my own game with Havok's Vision Engine which they are making available for free soon for mobile devs. More on that in another thread. Smiley

I have used allot of tools in the past such as Unreal Development Kit, Source SDK, Cryengine 3 Free SDK, Unity3D and Numerous other Engines. I use 3D Studio Max and Photoshop for Modeling, texturing, and stuff. These were for other peoples projects. I am Finally taking my experiences learned and applying them to my own project.

As for games that I love - The Elder Scrolls Dagger fall / Oblivion, The Stalker Series, and Mine Craft.

I am a people person that enjoys to talk to others in social environments when I do get out. But at the same time I enjoy making games and Mods.
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6147 on: April 12, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »

Hi TIGSource,

Long time lurker here, finally introducing myself to participate in the forums.

My name’s Eric, and I have been developing Flash games (utilizing AS3/FlashPunk) for a couple of years now. None of the games I have made are very original, but I am slowly growing as both a designer and a developer. I submit my games to FGL for modest sponsorships, and basically roll my previous game's sponsorship into the next game's budget. I always commission out my art and music, so if you're an artist or musician perhaps one day we will work together! Smiley

I work a 9-5 as a software engineer during the day, so game development is mainly a hobby. I've been a pretty avid gamer most of my life (since the days of Atari/Sega Master System). I enjoy all sorts of genres, but I tend to gravitate towards RPGS, with FF VII, KOTOR, and Kingdom Hearts being a few of my all-time favorites.

I'm currently working on a small platform/adventure game (yes I know, another indie platformer) titled "Comic Book Cody". CBC is a free Flash platformer, in which you play as Cody, a boy who has had his comic book collection stolen. Your goal is to retrieve your comics back from the burglars across three regions (outdoors, mall, secret lair). Collecting all of the comics in a single level turns you into 1 of 3 super heroes (at random) and lets you wreak havoc on the level's enemies (think star mode in Mario). Each region ends in a boss fight with a theme opposite to one of the game's heroes. The game is inspired by "Mega Man", "Mario", "Bubble Bobble", and the more modern "Super Crate Box" (the random hero element was inspired by SCB). Here is quick look at the game: http://i.imgur.com/adN14rw.gif

I'm looking to slowly move past the Flash market, as my ambitions are slowly surpassing what is viable for a free Flash game. I hope to soon target PC, Mac, etc., whether it be via Unity (using Futile, as I prefer 2D) or Haxe. It is my goal (and sort of a dream) to one day release a commercial product, especially on a console. As long as it makes back its cost I'll be happy. If not, hey, hopefully I had fun doing so.

Enough rambling. See you on the forums, and thanks for reading this, if you actually made it this far.

Cheers Beer!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: April 12, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »

welcome

skynight03
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6149 on: April 13, 2013, 01:23:37 AM »

Hi,

I'm Eko Nugraha from Indonesia. Artist and co-founder of Creacle Studio.
MadDruid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6150 on: April 14, 2013, 06:06:59 AM »

Hi all,
I'm a new member of the forum. I'm lurking from a while :-)

My name is Alex and I work as engineer in IT field. But my passion are games. I started playing with MSX Philips in 1985 and never stopped.

Together with my brother and some friends of mine we recently entered the mobile videogames development, that seems to be nice for indie beginners.

Hope to enjoy staying here!

Bye,
MadDruid
lordchibi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6151 on: April 15, 2013, 02:57:59 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Niklas Saari, I'm a producer/designer/occasional programmer in a small dev team and a soon-to-be startup called Team Jolly Roger. I have been lurking around for a while, but I decided now is a good time to make account and start posting. I wouldn't be too surprised if rest of the team started popping up here too. Smiley

We have finished a few mobile games for Windows Phone and done some outsourcing during the past few years. Now we finally have a chance to go for something bigger, and we're currently working on Interplanetary, a strategy game for PC. [Interplanetary DevLog]

Personally I enjoy nearly all kinds of games, but if I had to pick a couple of my favorite titles, most of them would be listed under strategy. Then again, my all time favorite is Cave Story. Cave Story

See you around the forums, and let me know if there's anything I can help with!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:27:27 AM by lordchibi » Logged

Niklas Saari - Producer and Holder of Visions @ Team Jolly Roger
Currently working on Interplanetary [DevLogs][Dev blog]
SpacePixel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: April 15, 2013, 04:04:34 AM »

Had a good old look around the Indie forums on the 'net and this one stood out, so I'm pitching my indie dev tent here to take a look around Who, Me?
Just starting out in the field of paid app development, my first Android game is Space Invazion and available on Google Play/Amazon.
This app was just a 'dip my toes in the water' test to see if I can manage the entire process of creating, coding, building and finishing up a complete (and hopefully enjoyable) game and then getting the thing on the store. Not exactly up there with Angry Birds for development and gaming quality but I managed to pull it off.

Really would like to chat with fellow minded indie devs about such things, swap ideas and generally talk retro/80's/mobile gaming.
We have a PS3/Xbox/Wii in the family home but I spend most time on my 3DS/TurboGrafx Express/Xperia Play (emu's), and Android Tab , I also have an arcade cab which is complete with my favourite Jamma boards/understanding wife. All of which give me the inspiration for my upcoming game creations (except the wife  Roll Eyes )

Nice to meet you all.
Acccent
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6153 on: April 15, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »

Hi all Gentleman

My name's Robin, I'm a game designer who currently lives in Lyon, France. The thing you see on the left is my face.

Recently, I've been working at Ubisoft on Far Cry 3 and Rainbow 6: Patriots, and right now I'm in a studio called Ivory Tower where I design missions for a game that'll also be published by Ubi (and will probably be unveiled at a major games-related event in the coming months...)

Before that, I spent 5 years in a school called SupInfoGame, where I got a Masters' degree in game design and management... I'm trying to avoid sounding too much like I'm writing a CV. I made several games during that time (one of them on the MS PixelSense table) but I won't go into more detail about this here; if anyone's interested feel free to ask anything haha

Um, I'm not a super hardcore gamer, I actually don't play much and got into games fairly lately (my first console was a Game Boy Advance if I recall...) However I am hugely interested in indie and experimental game experiences, and that's definitely what I'm most passionate about. I probably love thinking and discussing about games as much, if not more, than actually playing them. And I'm not a competitive person at all - that can help you get a very basic idea of the games I'm fond of. (For instance, 2012 for me was dominated by Fez and Proteus, I think. Gomez)

I'm fairly active on twitter, so if you want to get a glimpse of what's going through my mind at the moment you can check out my profile, and you can also contact me through that if for any reason you'd rather not do it here. I guess my twitter profile does a better job of introducing me than I can ever consciously do in a single post...

I've just started conceptualizing a new game - it's temporarily a side-project to my actual employment but potentially a full-blown future job - which is the reason why I registered on TIGSource, but I guess I'll talk more about that soonish, in a separate thread. In the meantime, I'll do my best to get to know the forums and the inhabitants, and find out more about what everyone's making Smiley

Cheers!
-Robin

Manikin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6154 on: April 15, 2013, 11:58:11 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Jem and I'm an aspiring indie developer from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm currently a cloud-based software developer, but make games in my spare time. At the moment I'm working on a turn-based survival horror game called Silhouette.

I work with C# and Unity mainly, and have a pretty long-running hobbyist background in 3D modeling, so I like to make my own game art as much as possible.

Sadly, I have almost no time to play games these days whilst working on them all the time, but I do love sim- and city-building games, as well as RTS and competitive FPS games.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: April 16, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »

So, I tried making a new account, but for some reason that didn't work, so I've changed my name.

Very few of you might remember me, but I used to go by the name of "Javet."

I made a thread called "Freeware Game of the Day" which did quite well for a while, and I made this thread, which, surprisingly, is still on the Top 10 most viewed threads.

That was years ago, when I was in high school. I'm not a sophomore in college studying film.

I used to also write chiptune music. But, since I don't have any chiptune software anymore, those days are sadly over.

For those of you that remember me (if there are any), I've come back because there was a gaping whole in my life that could only be filled by the indie gaming community.

For those of you that don't remember me: Hi. My name is J.W. Hendricks.

I'm a film student in Orlando, Florida. I study writing, directing, and cinematography.

One reason I'm coming back is because the indie gaming community has grown so much in the time I've been away, that I just couldn't not be a part of it. I love the people so much (unless they're douchebags now. I hope not.). Now, I'm looking for projects to be a of.

What area? Writing.

That's right, I'd absolutely love to write the script for a game. Story-wise, that is. I sincerely believe that games are as valid a storytelling medium as movies or books, and I'd like to help prove it by writing games. I don't have a specific genre to adhere to. I want to extend my boundaries.

So anyways, that's the short version. It's good to be back, and I wish you all happy developing.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
ink.inc
« Reply #6156 on: April 16, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »

oh hey you
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: April 16, 2013, 09:22:52 PM »

Hey! It's been quite a while, hasn't it? I was 14 when I started here. Now I'm 20.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
SingleCoil
TIGBaby

ɱʯșɨʗ ɪɴ ʍɛ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6158 on: April 17, 2013, 01:54:25 AM »

Hi everyone!
My name's Dan and I am a musician. Formerly I was a producer at Microsoft Studios working on Kinect stuff, and prior to that I was an evangelist at Microsoft doing a lot of outreach around XNA (You might know me from my insanely long XNA tutorial series called GuitarrMatey, if you are an XNA type).

These days I'm living in Sydney, Australia doing some enterprise .NET development work and a lot of music on the side. Music has been my lifelong passion and I've been largely influenced by video games, especially Unreal Tournament, World of Warcraft, and Final Fantasy soundtracks. I guess my signature style is integrating what is clearly electronic music with arrangements of live instruments like guitar and bass.

I have this crazy belief that the music and sounds you hear in a game are just as influential to the experience as the graphics and gameplay. Some people consider it to be unnecessary polish, I think it's totally mandatory to have great audio, and the music itself needs to tell the same story as the game.

I'm really interested in working on some projects, creating music tracks for indie games. I recently released an album of ambient music that I think would be great for walking around towns in a MMO, for example, and it's inspired by one of my favorite places in New Mexico.

You can hear all of my work here https://soundcloud.com/single-coil-studios and learn more about what I'm trying to do at my website: http://www.singlecoilstudios.com.

If you're working on something and need some custom music, let me know!

I'm really excited to learn more about the community here and see what everyone's working on.

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6159 on: April 17, 2013, 07:02:59 AM »

welcome back, and welcome!

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic