Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:29:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1906826 times)
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6160 on: April 17, 2013, 09:49:11 AM »

Welcome back, Javet! I totally remembered you by your custom title.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: April 17, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »

Thanks! I'm rather surprised I still have the label.
I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
GTSpence
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: April 17, 2013, 12:32:35 PM »

Greetings TIGForums,

My name is Graham and I think life would be a little sadder without games! I'm a fledgling game developer, but that doesn't mean I'm young  Big Laff My first experiences with games were Ant Attack, Chuckie Egg, Manic Miner - you know the era! Great early memories include Sabre Wolf, Attic Attack, Virus, Carrier Command, Xenon, Speedball, Stunt Car Racer, Super Sprint, Gauntlet - later still Driver, We Love Katamari, Ico, Half-Life... ASO.

I've been programming for a long time Crazy, but mostly algorithms without any pretty output. Recently, I've been working part-time, looking after my young kids and working on some of my own games.

Looking forward to sharing my thoughts on these forums.
G
RedTentacleStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6163 on: April 17, 2013, 02:54:24 PM »

Hi, I'm David and I started Red Tentacle Studios in order to create fun and unique games. As for me I enjoy video games, art, tabletop games (like 40k) and sports (hockey, rugby and football in particular).

So far we have done some contract work as well as releasing our first title "AntiViral" (and "AntiViral Lite"). We are currently working on a few projects including "Tap the Glass" which we will be releasing soon on iOS, Android and hopefully PC. We have been having a great time so far and I hope that our love for the games we create will translate over and our players will enjoy the games as much as we do!

David Evans
Red Tentacle Studios Owner/Art Director
www.redtentaclestudios.com

David Evans
Red Tentacle Studios - Owner/Art Director
www.redtentaclestudios.com
Bogdan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:14 AM »

Hello everybody,
I decided to spam this forum a little bit, so here I am.
I am 26 years old Web developer at day, and Game programmer at night Smiley, currently working on one kids project for few platforms.
snipercommand
Level 0

why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6165 on: April 18, 2013, 07:41:43 AM »

Yow! Well... I'm myself and snipercommand at the same time =)
I've been playing games since I was very little, and I still enjoy them so much.
Over the last couple of years I've been getting bored of the big AAA games, so I started interesting myself in indie games. That was a whole revelation for me, I really love the fact that indie devs try to innovate gameplay, design, ...

So I'm mostly a programmer, I'm also trying to do some 3D moddeling, and I'm making games.
I'm all about uniqueness and emotions (and sometimes fun =P ), I want the player to be emotionally involved with my games. well... I've only been making games since last year so I'm not there yet, but that's what i'm going for.

Sometimes I work alone, sometimes with a team, I will be happy to work with you guys if you want, just ask me =).

My first game is called "Keep The Ball Rolling", it's a Flash game, where you need to draw a line in the level to help a little rolling ball reach the end of it.

You can play it here: http://snipercommand.wordpress.com/keep-the-ball-rolling/

My next games were made with Unity3D, and that's my main tool now.

So I wanted to participate to a game jam, and the first one I found was a weird one, but it looked fun to take part of. It's called "MyLittleGameJam". The Jam was all about the world of my little pony and the theme was "chaos". I'm not too familiar with that show, but I thought it would be fun to make an "anti-pony" game withing a "pro-pony" community (yeah, they are really fan of it!)
It took me around 10 hours to make this game (I was still discovering Unity3D at the time) and here it is "ponyvasion":

As I said before, I took this game jam absolutely not seriously, so you can actually shoot the ponies with rockets, bananas, mustaches and forks to defend the planets of Unicorns^^. of course you shouldn't shoot the beautiful white creatures.
I don't need to say, the pony fan's didn't like the game =P
you can play it here: http://snipercommand.net16.net/MyLittleGameJam/mylittlegamejam%20v7/

The next game I made, is called "Color". I've made it in 48hours for the 1GAM thingy.
It's kind of a shooter and a color usage research for me. You simply need to shoot the enemies coming toward you. Every time the loading bar is charged you can emit a powerfull pulse which will throw the enemies away from you when the situation becomes too tricky.
I also tried to add a very short story to make it a little bit more intresting.

you can play it here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/snipercommand/color
I'm aware there isn't much challenge yet, but I think I can explore the potential of it later.

And finally, I'm working on a bigger game since nearly a year (half-time) with a team (for music and art) which is about a boy that has lost his self-confidence and needs to confront and defeat his fears to find it back. it's in a 3D "big city" open world environment.
I'm sure I'll create a devlog post when I'm ready to show it later =)

So that's it for me,
If you want to chat or make a game with me, please don't hesitate, i'm @snipercommand on twitter.
and my blog is: http://snipercommand.wordpress.com/

Have fun!
Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: April 18, 2013, 01:01:42 PM »

Hi, my name is Kelsey.  Here is a bit about myself.  One day I came home from preschool or kindergarten and saw my father shooting ducks on the television screen, I was instantly drawn in and since that day I've been playing games!  I remember taking turns playing Mario Brothers on the Nintendo with my father, it was a tad unfair because I would play for hours and finally die only to have my father play for a few brief moments and have the controller returned to me in a short time...for another long haul of running and stomping on all of the monsters littered throughout Mario's world.

When I was in middle-school I was playing Zelda 64 and brought to school the Nintendo Power issue that was a special Zelda release or something like that.  It might have had a golden cover.  I can't recall that bit.  Well I met someone who I enjoyed playing games with for the next 15 years, and on the side we would always have long discussions over the designing of an awesome RPG or MMORPG.

Maybe three or four years ago I got to the point where playing and talking about games became difficult because I really wanted to make my own game.  So I started learning the Java programming language on a small MMORPG project.  I learned many things usually through a lot of headache and sleepless nights trying to figure out this one bug that stood in the way of my success.  I went a good distance with that project but that was just the beginning.  I made multiple small game projects, none of which were completed,  but were instead used as testing grounds for learning and experimental approaches to piecing together design into playable game features.

Next I made a program called "The Tile Wizard" which was going to be my basis for learning to make pixel art for tilesets of my 2D games.  I worked on that for a few months through multiple versions and even put that up on my website for anyone to use for free.  I offered it to multiple communities on forums but it wasn't noticed as far as I could tell.  It was a really fun project and I think it would definitely help out a beginner with making 2D tiles.  I thought the "The Tile Wizard" had some neat features, unlimited undo of drawing, custom color palate, savable/loadable color palettes, multiple pages of tiles (unlimited in fact), color grabber, loading/saving your images, animated tiles, you could view the tiles as they would look in the world all tiled together however you wanted to arrange that view.

The next project was my 5 month MMORPG project that I started from the ground up.  I took a break from that after trying to recruit some artists to work on the project with me, but there wasn't very good communication so that didn't work out.  I'll continue that project most likely when I get to a good point in my current project.  I got a lot accomplished on that project.

My current project is actually complete, my first game, well its actually a simulation.  My true interests lie in RPG and MMORPG genres but this is an aquarium simulation.  I've also worked on this for around five months.  It was a simpler project to tackle since it is based off of reality.  I released it on the Google Play Store this morning.  No downloads yet.  I still have a lot of plans for Poquarium, and through user feedback I hope to get a lot accomplished.  I'm hoping this dream of mine does not turn out to be a nightmare.  I expect some tough times to come up with customer support and bug fixing and who knows what else.  Still its the journey I chose to take and I'm going to see it through.

Other hobbies of mine are listening to soundtracks, some rock and metal music, trying to draw, and reading The Sword Of Truth novels.  I've read them multiple times, good books I have to say.  Sometime I may think about checking out different books.

I've found I really love to program in Java.  Turning my dreams into a reality...not much can match that.
avidwanderer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6167 on: April 19, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »

Hey all, I am new to the site, so first a little about myself.

I am an MBA student at Oklahoma State University, and also currently serving on active duty in the military. Programming has always been a hobby of mine, and the skill comes in handy in finance and economics.

I do enjoy games, but don't have time for them anymore.  I spend most of my time doing schoolwork and flying helicopters for the Army.  I love flying, and when I did play games I enjoyed flying games (Janes Air Force I think was a fav).  Red Barron anyone?

Favorite old school game has got to be King's Quest, even though I never beat the thing.

Started programming when I was twelve or so I guess, on a apple ][ compatible, the laser.  Favorite game for that thing were Discover the World by Entrex software.

Thank you for allowing me to join your community!

Best Regards,
Matthew Blazewicz
Chief Developer and Programmer
The Wildcatter Simulation
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @wildcattersim

My game/sim: wildcattersim.blogger.com
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: April 20, 2013, 12:41:28 AM »

Hello all you guys !

welcome to the forums !
glad you found us.
GerardDelaney
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6169 on: April 20, 2013, 08:43:54 PM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Gerard Delaney.

I'm an independent developer living in Melbourne, Australia. I am currently in the final year of a Games Programming course at University. Right now I am trying to work on my own projects and build up a portfolio of games that I am proud of. Hopefully I will be able to share those games with as many people as possible. At the moment I am really enjoying working in Unity and I want to grow my knowledge in this area and improve my own skills as much as possible.

I have a keen interest in local multiplayer games, the face to face element really adds to the experience for me. The games I am looking to design will be in this space.

I will try and post my work on this forum but it can always be found on my blog:
http://verbvirus.blogspot.com.au/

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:12:58 PM by GerardDelaney » Logged

Twitter: @verbvirus
Home: http://verbvirus.blogspot.com.au
Spasman
Level 0

Oh.

View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: April 21, 2013, 03:51:07 PM »

Hey there. Names Kevin. I've been using Game Maker since I was 16 and have seen all the ups and downs of it. If you're new to programming and want help in Game Maker for your class, or just a hobby, let me know. I know all the "challenges" Game Maker has and can tell you from experience it's probably worth it to learn a larger more complex language. Unfortunately I don't have the time or patience to learn another language, especially for just a hobby.

I have completed some games but I'd rather not show them right now because I don't think theyre very good + I did the graphics myself so it's rather embarrassing.

I run a very slow blog here: http://kdegrose.wordpress.com/ Where I make reviews for games and sometimes update it with my own.

So yeah! I'll be putting up my big project soon. And here she is!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:08:41 PM by Spasman » Logged
DAISHI
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: April 21, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

I posted my hello in General talk because... I didn't realize there was a Hello thread in Announcements. Though I suppose any first meeting to a public audience is an announcement of sorts. At any rate, I'm Daishi, PhD student, author (did some stuff for Blizzard and have a full manuscript in the hands of an agent upon request), and now I'm back to working on my game over the summer. So hello!

The Golden Anvil - A Handdrawn Adventure Game

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32975.0
Kevin Pybus
Level 0

Latest Projects: Zlug Rush and Caves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6172 on: April 22, 2013, 05:35:43 AM »

Hey everyone. I’m Kevin Pybus. I build video games and make cool programs.

Recently I've made Zlug Rush and Caves. I also make wordpress plugins and I've built a few dozen websites which I still run. I'm also working on a massive indie game dev audio project that's still kind of a secret. I do most of these things through my company Walvin Media, where I get to collaborate with some really awesome people.

I also like to write, watch The Walking Dead, drink tea (so much so that I started my own loose leaf tea company), eat cookies, and build games for charity and to support the indie game dev community.

You can find me on twitter http://twitter.com/KevinPybus if you're into that sort of thing, or http://twitter.com/WallyWalvin for my company which I watch and interact with too. You can also check out my Dev/Personal blog http://KevinPybus.com if you want to see what I'm currently working on or just hear me ramble on.
juicybeast
Level 0

Working on Toto Temple Deluxe www.tototemple.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6173 on: April 22, 2013, 06:34:29 AM »

Hi there TigSource!

We are a small indie studio based in Canada, not far from Montreal. Our team is composed of 4 dudes, and we’ve been creating small, silly games in a basement for almost 4 years now.

Our most popular games are the Burrito Bison series and Knightmare Tower, which we’ve recently published on OUYA.

We’ve been lurking on TS for a while now, but we finally decided to join. We’re planning on posting the progress of our upcoming ToJam game and see if we can get constructive feedback from this awesome community!

You can see all of our games on our website: http://www.juicybeast.com

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #6174 on: April 22, 2013, 06:40:30 AM »

Hi there TigSource!

We are a small indie studio based in Canada, not far from Montreal. Our team is composed of 4 dudes, and we’ve been creating small, silly games in a basement for almost 4 years now.

Our most popular games are the Burrito Bison series and Knightmare Tower, which we’ve recently published on OUYA.

We’ve been lurking on TS for a while now, but we finally decided to join. We’re planning on posting the progress of our upcoming ToJam game and see if we can get constructive feedback from this awesome community!

You can see all of our games on our website: http://www.juicybeast.com
You guys did Burrito Bison? I love that game!
Welcome to TIGSource! Smiley
bassy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: April 22, 2013, 10:03:24 PM »

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for quite a while now, so I finally decided to introduce myself to the community.

I currently have a full-time job as a research scientist, but I have a great passion for all kinds of games: computer games, board games, P&P RPGs, Sudokus etc. This also includes game development, and I have worked on several personal projects over the years. At the moment I'm mainly working on a roguelike platformer (more info coming soon).

So currently I develop games as a hobby, but there is always the possibility that I someday decide to become a full-time indie game developer Smiley
malicethedevil
Level 0

Damned Irish Devil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6176 on: April 23, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »

Hello Game Devs,
   My name is Malice O'Conner. I am a Freelance Graphic Designer and Video Editor and Writer, currently I am contracted with Fringe Games on their upcoming game "War Command". What is "War Command"? It is a CCG (Collectable Card Game) that plays more like chess, dealing with strategy, players move their characters across the board in order to kill the enemy Commander character before the enemy kills his. I am glad to be part of TIG Forums and looking forward to seeing what you all are working on. Hopefully start talking with some of you about things that could be mutually beneficial. Or just to throw ideas on the table that might help to promote other creative ideas. I do look forward to hearing from you, so if you have any questions, wish to expand your own network about your game or whatever then feel free to write and let me know. I will check it out and reply. Still learning how to work the forum thing, lol.
Thanks,
Malice

Graphic and Video Production
Fringe Games, War Command
Jamie Fristrom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6177 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:24 AM »

Hi everybody,

I've decided it's time to get people from various corners of the indie game development community playing the rough early prealpha of my game *Energy Hook*, so I guess I better introduce myself. Because Derek said.

So - I used to be a corporate game developer for Treyarch, where I was technical director and designer on *Spider-Man 2*, and I invented its swinging mechanic, which a lot of people thought was really cool. Partway through *Spider-Man 3* I bailed and went indie. And I've been getting my ass kicked ever since. I've spent years chasing funding from publishers only to be denied at the last moment; I made *Schizoid* for Xbox Live Arcade which sold pretty well by indie standards but because we had so many people working on it we ended up making less than minimum wage; and did some unremarkable work for hire. I can't keep this up too much longer, but I love making my own games and being my own boss so I'm willing to burn through my family's funds to do it, and fortunately my wife is supportive of this craziness.

Although my last indie company, Torpex, is on mothballs, I've started a new thing that's pretty much just me: Happion Laboratories. The only thing I've shipped so far is Sixty Second Shooter for Chrome and the Vita - it's just a twin stick shooter but it's really fun, particularly the Vita version - trust me. Hit me up if you want a code.

But the thing I'm super excited about is my next game, *Energy Hook*, which harkens back to my Spider-Man days. Jumping off roofs, swinging from tower to tower and bridge to crane, except now you have a jetpack. And better feedback about how you're actually controlling yourself. And a Tony Hawkish get-points-for-doing-trick-combos deal. And it's in sort of a rough playable demo state, so I want to show it to a few people before launching a Kickstarter - so if you're interested head over to the Feedback thread and sign up!

Jamie Fristrom - @happionlabs
nealneato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6178 on: April 24, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Neal. I like to make games but discovered I actually like the business of making games even more... project management, marketing, and cleaning the office.

My website is nealneato.net and my company is skymapgames.com

Looking forward to contributing to the community.

Linthu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: April 24, 2013, 05:52:43 PM »

Hello fellow game devs!

My name is Jeff Almeida, and i am co-founder of Online Imagination, LLC.  We formed a few years back, with a dream to develop video games.  No surprise, eh?

Anyway, after a few false starts (who said this stuff was easy?!) we finally finished our first game (rhyfel.com) it only took about 3 years to do.  We wrote it in Silverlight / .NET.  We are considering UNITY3D for our next one...  If any of you have advice, i would love to hear it.

My inspiration comes from all the MMO's - but mostly Ultima Online and Eve. Throw Civ in there as the tokenary non MMO.

Thanks for listening, see ya in the indi world!

Jeff

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic