Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:27:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944588 times)
David Finseth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6180 on: April 25, 2013, 11:26:41 PM »

Greetings Tigsource Community,

My name is David Finseth and I am a game developer from Chicago, IL. I go to school at DePaul University where I study Animation with a concentration on game art. I have been lurking on Tigsource for a while now and I am really excited to be apart of this beautiful community.

I look forward to giving and getting feedback on games as well as hopefully taking part in some interesting discussions about indie development.

Talk to you all soon.
Retro-Rob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: April 28, 2013, 07:23:45 PM »

Hi all!

I'm an indie-game dev working out of Pittsburgh, PA!  I've been working on a game called Rex Rocket for the past 5months, and before that a game called Rex Rocket!

BitMaverick
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: April 29, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »

I like making video games. Have two titles in the works. First game "Pushmasters" is in play test for App Hub xbox makers!

Go see http://pushmasters.com and checkout our trailer!

My second game, "Galactic Gunman" is under development too, check it out here: http://galacticgunman.com
speng31b
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: April 29, 2013, 09:34:21 PM »

Hi everyone,

My names Chris Casey and I'm a mobile programmer (both Android and iOS) working for a small company, university student, and aspiring games developer! I have a number of finished apps in my portfolio, but woefully none of these are (yet) games.

I've recently been involved in a university class that focused on rapidly prototyping 8 games over the course of a semester, and I am currently looking to build on this experience by continuing work on one of my favorite prototypes and (hopefully, someday!) achieving a releasable product. To this end, I look forward to posting here and being inspired by the great stuff everyone else is working on, and hopefully at some point getting some feedback on my own project.

Here's a quick screenshot of the prototype I'm currently working on, showing the player reflecting a fireball back at a ranged enemy with a well-timed attack:

Although my background is in programming and I have a history with tools such as Unity, I'm currently in a love-hate relationship with GameMaker thanks to its great rapid prototyping ability. I hope to keep using it as long as possible, and hopefully won't regret the choice too much in the long run!
CutThroat Neko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6184 on: April 30, 2013, 04:41:44 AM »

Hi,
I'm a longtime Game Designer - Level Designer - WhatYouWant Designer in the videogame industry for several little and big company, famous and unknown, now freelance and doing games for myself, with lot of cute pixel.
All that from France XD

Life is hard but uncooked rice is a lot more.<br />Never give up, trust your instinct
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #6185 on: April 30, 2013, 06:15:34 AM »

XD
budleiser
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: May 01, 2013, 12:26:18 AM »

David Bud Leiser
World Traveler and Game Designer
I moved to Vietnam last year from Florida, not a short flight. Now I live in the Philippines. And if things go the way I want them to I will be living in San Francisco or Seattle soon.

I beat the original NES Zelda when I was 3, been hooked on games forever. My favorite game of all time though is Final Fantasy 2, I really loved the story. Phantasy Star 3 was also amazing to me.

My website: www.budleiser.com
My company: www.justagamestudio.com
luxregina
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: May 01, 2013, 08:12:05 AM »

Hi!
I'm Cyril Guichard, but usually operate online under the screen-name "Lux" or "Luxregina".
Was born in France, but spent most of my life in South America, Africa, and now lived in the US for close to 10 years.

During the day, I'm a creative director for a large advertising company, mostly on digital stuff, and at night, and during the week ends, I'm an Indie artist and pixel pusher Smiley

Started with a ZX81, and owned a bunch of Amstrad, Commodore, Atari, Amiga, etc... Coded my first 'real' game when I was 12-ish (it was a spin-off the "Zombi" game from Ubisoft on Amstrad, submitted it to a computer magazine and got a prize, not for the game itself, but for the level editor I had built in game, to generate the graphics - hence, it was a relative failure Smiley)

My first next real attempt was in 2000, a rather large Flash RPG called Two Kingdoms

The next note-worthy game I made was the Curse of Sylvaniah, in collaboration with coder Strille

Dabbled a bit with 3D (still a noob) for a mobile game, Ragged Edge, that made the top 10 of the Samsung Bada competition...

Worked 2 years on a MMO for Ubisoft (Imagine online, not online anymore Smiley)

More recently, I partnered with Squize, which as been a long-time friend, and we created a bunch of games, the most successful being Outpost Haven

Currently working on finishing Outpost2...

and setting up an Indie company so that I can claim my week ends back and try to be a Game Artist "full time"

I'm looking forward learning about the awesome projects I got a sneak peek at on this board, and interacting with my fellow forum mates Smiley
I have somewhat of a portfolio online at this address > http://www.luxgames.net/blog/?page_id=31

Thanks for taking the time to read this Smiley
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6188 on: May 01, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »

Hi!

Quite a lot of experience you've got there.  I tried out Outpost:Haven and it has some nice art.
luxregina
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: May 01, 2013, 10:10:45 AM »

Hi!

Quite a lot of experience you've got there.  I tried out Outpost:Haven and it has some nice art.

Thanks - as far as experience goes, well...I'm quite old too Smiley turning 40 in a few days...
jharger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: May 01, 2013, 02:13:53 PM »

Hey everybody!

I've been somewhat active in the twitter indie games community, so I thought I'd start posting here too.

I'm mainly a programmer, specializing in Unity3D code, though I've used everything from straight C++, XNA, Flash, etc over the years. I am interested in learning some art skills, but haven't had the time so far.

I've been working with a friend of mine for a long time, and we have one game so far. Longshot at http://longshotuniverse.com/.

Anyway, that's me!

wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6191 on: May 04, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »

Hi all!

My name is Kevin and I started developing games over 30 years ago when I wrote a choose your own adventure story for the IBM PC using BASIC and 100 GOTO statements.

I got back into game development a few years ago with a Facebook game and a couple Flash games that were reasonably popular.

Now I'm working on a multiplayer coop game in the genre of the arcade classic "Gauntlet."

Check out my current game project, Starcom: Nexus, an action RPG of space exploration and fast-paced combat:
http://www.starcomnexus.com/
jhrrsn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6192 on: May 05, 2013, 02:03:22 AM »

My name is Jack, and I'm an aspiring game developer and full-time map nerd from Southampton, UK. I get paid to develop mapping products and make cool prototypes with spatial data, and in my spare time I try to use these coding/dev skills to make video games! SMB Mario

I look like this when I'm trying to eat a very large burger in Prague:

Games have always been an escape for me, and I (like many other, I imagine) spend many nights staying up late in bed to play Pokémon Red in the moonlight.

I got into programming a few years ago, and some time after that I realised that I could make games with these newfound skills. I made my first game in Unity for Ludum Dare 25 (http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=18114), and after spending a lot of time with JavaScript and HTML5, I made my latest game, Monoboy (http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/?action=preview&uid=18114), with my good friend and artist Gavin for LD26.

We really enjoyed making it, and we're now looking to take the concept forward in a more realised form. I'll be starting a DevLog soon to report on our progress!

Lovely to meet you all, and I hope to learn about community events and jams going on in my area!
bramruiter
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6193 on: May 05, 2013, 03:27:13 AM »

Okay. I'll do this then.

My name is Bram, I'm a freelance filmmaker from Holland. I got introduced to indiegames through playing Knytt (Stories) and interviewing JW in pre-Vlambeer times. I started to hang out with him and the indiegaming scene became such a big part in my life I couldn't help myself forgetting about films and falling in love with videogames all over again.

After I got back from the A Maze Indie Connect festival in Berlin I got so inspired that I fired up GameMaker, did those Derek Yu tuts for a second time and started working on a local multiplayer game. So, yeah...

I'm releasing a short doc about Pietepiet soon, which I will post here as well as the games I intend/hope making.

Anyway, hi there everyone!
ThomasMorrison
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6194 on: May 05, 2013, 06:22:28 AM »

I like making games and have been doing so since mid-high school (and I just now finished university!) Most of my games are 2D affairs that, looking back, are pretty boring but I aim to change that.

I most recently finished How The Wilderness Whispers, which is a 2D auto-runner with handmade levels where you use the mouse to interact with the environment as opposed to directly with the “hero”.

Before that I made a game called The Movefastinator which is a silly little puzzle platformer inspired by hookshots and a few pokemon game puzzles.

Finally, I made The Last Angel during my first/second year of university and took me absolutely forever. By the end of development I kind of hated the game as I realized how much I had grown both design wise and programming wise during that time (and it wasn't showing in the game).

Right now I'm trying to make lots of smallish games in an attempt to improve overall.
@ThomasOMorrison
ThomasMorrison.ca

Cbeed
Level 0

Test

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6195 on: May 05, 2013, 11:12:26 AM »

Hi!
I am Benedikt Vogler, 18 years old and just left school and will now have an internship at EA Phenomic (not that Indie Cheesy ).
I prefer shooter and strategy games.

For the last year I focused on my Java open source isometric game engine (wurfelengine.net) and my scientific paper about it for school. I will present you the engine in this topic: (soon)

My game: Caveland
nereke
Level 0

fighting homelessness, one game at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6196 on: May 06, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »

Hello readers. I'm Drew, and I suck at making games.

My taste in art is far beyond my abilities in art. All my designs are derivative. I attempt to program things that every veteran knows is ridiculously beyond scope. I spend most of my day failing, and failing, and failing. The problem with all this is that I'm trying to make a living out of it. Within a year. Without becoming homeless. That's why I'm here; to learn how to suck less and maybe meet some awesome people along the way.

I've completed two Flash games using Flixel. One of them got sponsored, trying to do the same with the other. You can play them on my website. Moving forward I'm going to focus on larger games for handheld, console and Greenlight.

I grew up in South Dakota. This is where America stores its Mount Rushmore. It also has buffalo, the corn palace and the most instances of bestiality of any state. The culture there doesn't see game development as a career path. I didn't know regular people could make games until I left the state. I remember being a kid playing Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES and being laughed at when I said, "I want to move to Japan and make games!" There are some great camping spots in South Dakota.

This is what I look like as paint.

My first memory is Mario Bros. There's only so much dying on World 1-1 a kid can take before realizing that remembering stuff is important. That experience gave me the patience to complete 100% of Super Mario Bros which is still my greatest gaming achievement.

Castles II forced me to expand my vocabulary or get screwed by the Duke of Burgundy. Random events were just walls of text with terrible consequences. Great game though.

All the RPGs. I played every one I could find at Blockbuster for every console I had. Zelda, Final Fantasy, Jade Cocoon, Chrono Cross, Parasite EVE, Lunar, Grandea, Legend of Mana, Illusions of Gaia, Robotech, Earthbound, Mario RPG, Star Ocean, Phantasy Star, what have you. These memories still fuel a deep passion for the fantasy and science fiction genres. I'm a bit burnt out on the RPG gameplay side of things though.

Unreal Tournament hooked me on online FPS games. To this day I still dream of nali war cows.

Anyone remember Infantry? The MMO-ish top down shooter by Sony Online Entertainment. So fun yet so obscure, especially considering everyone knows SOE's other game, Everquest. Never got into that one.

I play all genres of games now, recently fighters and bullet hell shooters. I don't invest time into MMOs or expansive RPGs. AAA titles are a bit tired but I play them sometimes for the experience. I don't value graphics in games but it's interesting to see the latest tech in graphics. It is difficult to not let game design experience get in the way of enjoying a game. It has completely changed my gaming tastes. Anybody else feel the same way?

Currently I'm polishing up Compactor Panic for sponsorship. Then I'll be designing something in Unity, not quite sure what yet. Initially I was thinking a procedurally generated Contra-style game with destructible terrain. Probably too ambitious and it's too much like Bro Force anyway.

Thanks for reading!
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6197 on: May 06, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »

Hey, I tried your Compactor game.  Unfortunately a trash pile grew too big for me to jump over and I couldn't manage to build a big enough pile to get over it, and even if I did, I'd have been stuck on the other side.

You might want to give the player an ability to kick the junk around also.
nereke
Level 0

fighting homelessness, one game at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6198 on: May 07, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »

You might want to give the player an ability to kick the junk around also.

Thanks, that could be fun. You're the first person to suggest this as well. Joining is already paying off!  Cheesy
coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6199 on: May 07, 2013, 09:55:27 PM »

Hi game devs!

My name is Coldrice, novice game developer. I began learning game development last summer.  I really believe in doing things you love for your job, and I want to make my career building the things I love - games! Even if I never get passed hobby status I'll be pleased. I live in Vancouver Wa and I love programming and pixel art!

Right now I'm currently working on a game called Bitcrobes for iOS, due to be out sometime soon!

DUSTER - Western Simulator

Tig Blog
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic