Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 12:30:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1942181 times)
Vector
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: April 26, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »

Weird, my name is Cory as well. I go by Vector on most forums. I'm a project coordinator at a brewery manufacturer but in my spare time I'm the creative director and writer for a small indie dev team. I also released my own little game using RPG Maker on Desura last year.

I recently returned from Japan after spending two years there. I lived in Yamagata and taught English to children. My wife is from Yamadera. We now live near Vancouver, Canada.

When I'm not readjusting to living in North America and spending time with my wife, I'm usually found on Steam playing various RPGs (but never actually finishing them).
NPAS
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: April 26, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »

Hello World!

I'm a newbie game developer. I use java/opengl to create games.My interests are procedural programming and computer graphics. I would like to develop beautiful 3D games, but for now I have to master the 2D world! I've just finished my first game and you can find it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmail.alexandru.n.b.pathfinder

Cheers!
DuckedAgain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: April 27, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »

Hello everybody,

I'm the programming arm of a group of lads from the West of Ireland that got into Game Dev about a year ago. We are currently working under the name PunchScreen Games.
WilliamG
Level 0

Good Food + Good People = Great Ideas

View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: April 27, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »

Hello Tig Forums!

I am William Guenette, I am Game Developer who is graduating in two month from DePaul University. I am Currently working on a game called 'Sweat & Bullets' which can be found at http://www.grexgames.com
It is inspired by Frozen Synapse with a bit of Red Dead Redemption, Check it out, it is multiplayer though so bring a friend!

I am an eternal Fan of Mount and Blade: Warband by Taleworlds and can be found losing hours of my life either playing various indie games or making them (right now I am overly attached to rouge legacy.)

Find me on twitter @TheTallWolf and at http://www.wguenetteportfolio.tumblr.com

Currently I am in Chicago so if you are in the city and you see a nearly 7' giant with beard holler the name William and I will gladly stop and chat.

You all seem awesome and I look forward to partaking in this awesome internet party!
-William Wolf Guenette

@TheTallwolf
Opposable_Dan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: April 28, 2014, 06:25:43 AM »

Hey there TIG Forum folk, I'm Dan Page, the mouthpiece for a 12-strong dev team by the name of Opposable Games.

I'm slowly attempting to learn C# and Unity but I'm not particularly good with programming at all.

When I was a very small boy (maybe around 6 I think) my Grandad gave me a Commodore Vic 20, a Commodore 64 and a Commodore Plus/4 with a load of games. I wish he was still alive for me to say thanks as they changed my life forever. I've loved games and chiptunes ever since and continue to surround myself with them.

I write music under the name Breakwhore, sometimes on a Game Boy but usually in FL Studio. I live in the UK in the amazing city of Bristol, where I'm trustee of a local music Festival called (Brisfest).

I love nice sprites, jungle, breakcore, drum 'n' bass, strategy games, RPGs, sci-fi, weird indie games and lots of other things. I have a tumblr with nonsense that I like here.

Here's a picture of me and my uber-talented friend Gizmode playing this set in a castle near Scotland (I'm on the right).

Riocide
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7305 on: April 28, 2014, 11:23:41 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am Leon van Niekerk. One of the three founders of Clockwork Acorn, a small South African game dev studio we founded earlier this year. We met during high school/university and we're spending this year making games full time trying to see if we can make this a full time thing.

I got introduced to the idea of making games with toolkits like RPG Maker, and later with GameMaker, although I didn't consider it as career until I was halfway through University.

I also did my Masters degree on the concept of teaching the fundamentals of computer programming through a computer game, maybe some of you find that interesting.

Anyway, that's the short of it, if you ever run into me in person you can bribe me with wine.
Shiness
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: April 28, 2014, 11:56:13 AM »

Hello guys,

My name is Hazem, i live in france and i'm 32. I'm a huge fan or RPGS like Secret of Mana, Zelda series and Final Fantasy. For now i'm just a little game producer who is trying to finish his first game.

I'm also unrealscript developper and php for the web.

Nice to meet you guys !
GameDevMarket
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7307 on: April 28, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »

Hey everyone

I'm Chris, from GameDev Market - a new game asset marketplace which is currently in prelaunch (full launch coming 9th May) and is aimed at indie game developers and artists, musicians and modellers.

Hoping to be able to get some feedback and find out as much info as possible from fellow members!

Chris Roche
GameDev Market

https://www.gamedevmarket.net/
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7308 on: April 28, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »

Hey there TIG Forum folk, I'm Dan Page, the mouthpiece for a 12-strong dev team by the name of Opposable Games.

-snip-

This guy looks badass indie.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Pyves
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: April 29, 2014, 01:16:38 AM »

Hi there!

I'm new to this forum. I'm 20 years old ans study in an engineering school. I'm also an amateur developer and love the game Minecraft!

Hope to see you soon in the forums!  Wink
TheFoxSoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7310 on: April 29, 2014, 02:10:57 AM »

Hi guys,
I am Gianluca from Rome, I develop games on my spare time.
I like retro-gaming and Amiga computer, especially MAME games and Kick Off 2 Amiga version :-)

I am actually working on Football game: Active Soccer

See you around
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:21:00 AM by TheFoxSoft » Logged

bencelot
Level 0

http://geneshift.net - my sexy top-down shooter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7311 on: April 29, 2014, 05:39:53 AM »

Heyo,

I'm Ben and I've spent the last 6 years creating a game called Mutant Factions. It's a top-down online shooter where you play as a mutant and unlock awesome skills. I've just finished the game this week and am very excited to share it with the world. Check it out Smiley

will72
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: April 29, 2014, 06:49:35 AM »

Hey everyone!

My name is Will Dubé and I'm a game designer from Montreal.

My favorite games of all-time are Pokemon Red, Super Smash Brothers Melee and Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction.

I recently quit my job to start out as an indie. I am really amazed at how solid the community is! So many people are so supportive and give so much of their time to help others!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting and discussing and learning with everyone here!
thisaacks
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: April 29, 2014, 07:47:50 AM »

Hello everybody! Nice to meet you, i'm thisaacks

Self taught programmer and designer, moving into the game scene. Started playing with unity engine a year ago and haven't been able to pull myself away for learning and improving dev skills.

Long time gamer, longer than i can even remember. Always wanted to make games.

My favourite games include Zelda, Mario, Mass Effect series(well until the end of 3!), Fez, Limbo, the list goes on and on and on. Too long to post here Grin

Anyway looking forward to meeting and discussing with you all.

Twitter:@thisaacks:)
Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7314 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:41 AM »

Hi everyone,

I am Sampo, 28 year old guy from Finland. I always pretty much liked games and making small modifications
for them and lately I find out that even I could actually try to make living out of making small indie games.
That`s how I found my-self here.

I got bachelor degree in business information technology and I played with computers practically whole my life,
starting with Amiga 500. Currently trying to grasp more about programming, which I never -really- understood.

Also I really like digital painting and I keep that as my main passion & hobby.

Cheers!

Damycles
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7315 on: April 29, 2014, 03:26:17 PM »

Hey all,
I'm Nick, an indie games student in Chicago (I'm studying game development at a University here). I got introduced to video games when I watched The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time being played for the first time. Ever since then, I was hooked on playing games. My desire to develop them, however, came when I was twelve and I saw a tv show about video game designers and it hit me that people actually develop games. That dream of mine is now a reality as I am continuing to build my portfolio with both student made games, and projects that have been released on app stores.

@nick_joebgen<br />@bearfootgames
aneelkkhatri
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: April 30, 2014, 01:12:11 AM »

Hi all!

My name is Aneel Kumar Khatri, and I have graduated from National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Karachi, with BSCS.

I have been developing games since 2010. Recently I developed a game that is quite simple yet challenging. The name of the game is "Pole the Circles." I am going to post about it soon.

Thank you
PRDXCL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7317 on: April 30, 2014, 08:49:26 AM »

HLLO, IM PRDXCL!

I WNT TO MAKE THE SICKST GFX,SOUNDS+CODEZ

WSH ME LUK!
shattenyagger
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: April 30, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »

Hey wonderful people!
Name's Amir Barak; born and raised in Israel. Grew up on a steady diet of games from the C64 to the Playstation 2. I remember getting my first CGA then VGA cards and upgrading my PC from a 286 to a 486 (not to mention the first large harddrive I ever owned - a whooping 40MB). Had my normal stint in the service from 1998 to 2001 working in the armored corp; was a loader first then was made a sergeant with my own team and tank). Spent the next few years walking around western Europe and sleeping in tents when I met my beautiful wife. Lived in Scotland, Ireland, England, Wales and Australia and now back in Israel (for the next while until we move again!).

Started programming in BASIC on my old C64. Eventually grew out to learn and use Pascal and Cobol (hey, who even remembers Cobol eh?), C, C++ and nowadays writing lots of C#.

I've always preferred playing games which sweep me into a grand adventure (leaving me cold on pretty much most modern first person shooters to be honest).

Well that's about it for me; here's what I [sort of] look like.
braduorg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7319 on: May 01, 2014, 01:38:55 AM »

Hello,

Name's Bogos Radu(also known as bradu, which means xmas tree in Romanian Smiley ). That being said...i'm a 24 years old striving game developer from Romania.

My first attempt at a game, Finish Them Chores is why i am here...kinda...

Favorite game/s: Souls series (Demon's/Dark).
Main tool i use to make stuff: Game Maker Studio via GML.

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic