Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:19:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944426 times)
Hambone
Level 1

follow on the twitter @The_Hambone1988

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7320 on: May 01, 2014, 02:32:32 PM »

So I would like to reintroduce myself because I feel like I did not get it right the first time so here I go...

Hi

Hambone

Wannabe indie game developer
immersiveGamer
Level 0

Designer and Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7321 on: May 01, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »

Hello everyone, excited to join TIGForums and partake in some design and developer discussions.

My Name is Henry Nitz and I normally go by the handle of 'immersiveGamer'. I am a designer and developer, but I also like to do art when I get the chance Smiley . This is what I look like:

So I guess I'll start with why I got into making games. So I loved playing videos games, from the my first GameBoy color to the NES, N64 and then GameCube. Oh I guess I played a lot of PC games too. But is was one day after school when I was playing on the GameCube with my all time favorite game Tales of Symphonia. I loved that game and was playing through my second or third time (because it had a cool carry over system). It was then, sitting on the carpet with the controller in hands that it struck me, 'This is it!'. I could do anything I wanted and I wanted to make games. This, what I was experiencing right now, was what I wanted to share with others, the struggles, the joys, the emotional connection with the game. I wanted to create and share with other that experience I had, one of enjoying a video game. That was like when I was 14 or 16, can't remember, but since then I have pursed making video games and it is still that moment of revelation that pushes me forward ... a bit cheesy I guess, but it keeps me happy and motivated.

Games that have influenced me and stick with me are many, and so I'm not going to list them all. But! Since I started with the GameBoy and the game Super Mario Land I will always love games that are simple and skill based, it is part of my nature and what I believe the core of games should be. The cooperation of games, bring people together, is also something that stands out, sitting on my father's lap as he played Descent on the PC. While he flew that ship like a pro pilot down mazes of tunnels I got to shoot the lasers and missiles, even the homing ones. Lastly story, in games like Pokemon Red where I teared up at Prof. Oak's words which meant so much to the journey my pokemon and I endured, and Arcanum where I forged my own story, and of course Tales of Symphonia a world with characters so well made and believable.

Getting up to speed now, I am currently a student at the Milwaukee Area Tech College in Milwaukee, WI, USA in a great program for computer simulation and gaming. Learned a lot with business, team work, agile and other product management, and how to make a game! Been using Unity and practicing a lot. Our class's first two games were both a flop (what do expect from a gathering of noobies), but this time round we have it right. The project is Extreme Exterminators, we already have a web build on Kongregate and were able to show it off at the Midwest Gaming Classic convention that was held here in Milwaukee which was a great success (people played and liked our game). Even though the semester is up we plan on finishing it through to completion. Besides my class projects I keep dabbling in my own game ideas and demos. I haven't finished any of them, but I have few that I have kept around and plan to tackle this summer.

More about me. Despite living in and having a US passport I didn't grow up in the United States. Instead for the first 19 years of my life I lived over in a small country in Africa called Malawi. My father a minister became a missionary shortly after I was born and so I did not partake in the many boons of living in the States. However I grew up appreciating diversity in galore, from foods, to languages, to cultures, to people. Also was blessed to go to International Schools that existed thanks to a large diplomatic community (as Malawi got a lot of foreign aid being a third world country). I got a great education in a great environment, in high school there were 42 different nationalities attending. But now here in the US to do college, been back about three years now and enjoying it. can't wait to finish up my last classes and graduate and make a living making games.

So that is me. Hope to have fun and broaden my knowledge while here Grin If you want you can check out my developer blog at http://immersivegamer.wordpress.com/ and our class project at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33976850/EE/EE.html (this link actually is updated so you can save it and reuse it).

Maniulo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: May 02, 2014, 12:29:48 PM »

Hi all,

Name's Mike, I'm from Russia, Chelyabinsk. I like to design experimental-ish games, trying to use mechanics other than shooting and platform-jumping to express myself. I've kept everything to myself usually, but recently I participated in the Ludum Dare jam. Getting feedback from other developers, and having a chance to see many really innovative games by them - all of this was kind of an eye-opener for me, and a reason I've finally decided to join these forums. I hope to find some interesting company here, with thoughtful insights about game design.

So, thanks, and, I guess, see you. .)
2ndwolf
Level 0

This is text

View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: May 02, 2014, 03:04:04 PM »

Hi, I'm Dominic. I'm from Québec, Canada and am game development hobbyist.
I have been scripting since my early teens, where I learned html and gscript (a language for an underground LTTPesque mmorpg, that doubles as a game maker). I learned later to program correctly with python about two years ago and started Java last year.
I've known the days of internet-less computers and often feel nostalgia of those days... this is mostly why I program; to remind myself computers are not internet machines. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:52:18 PM by 2ndwolf » Logged
noahwecker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7324 on: May 03, 2014, 10:03:28 AM »

Hi everyone!

One man development and art team out here in Seattle, WA.  Have a background and a day job as a software engineer, so doing game development as a hobby right now when I can get the free time. 

Absolutely blown away by the talent and passion I've seen here.  Very intimidating and humbling.  Hopefully I can get some good criticism, tips, and suggestions from the vast amount of knowledge and skill here.

I have been working on a game for the past year or so which I've finally decided to take more serious.  Hoping to get a devblog up shortly.  For now here's my original concept art for it.  The working title is Grove Guardians.  It's a 3D nature-based sim game.

God has an inordinate fondness for stars and beetles

Twitter
DarkCart
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7325 on: May 03, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

Hello, my name is John. I am currently making a Maze Game called "Mazer". I guess that's about it.

Try out EasyJava
TouchMint
Level 0

Adventure To Fate : A Quest To The Core JRPG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7326 on: May 04, 2014, 01:27:07 AM »

Hey Guys I am Randal Higgins. I have been developing iOS Sports and Education apps for about 3 years now and wanted to try my hand at creating a game so I did so.

After 7 long months of solo development I recently submitted my first game Adventure To Fate. Adventure To Fate will be releasing May 8th after Apple reviews it.

Adventure To Fate : A Quest To The Core – is an JRPG style game with a medieval fantasy setting.

Once its released I will post it up on the forum and hand out some promo codes to other indie devs!

if you wanna check out more about the game I have quite a bit of info on my site: www.adventuretofate.com

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: May 04, 2014, 05:50:06 AM »

Hi all,

Hope you are well. My name's Daithi, from Ireland. I've been playing games for almost thirty years, and although I always dreamed of making one, it never occurred to me to try until just over 2 years ago, when I got the most clinical email ever written, informing me that I no longer had a job. Lovely. I went back to college for a short course in programming, and started working on my first game 2 weeks before the exams. The game collapsed under its own weight after 5 months. So did the next one. I’m currently putting the finishing touches on my third project (a PC game developed in Unity which took almost 18 months so far). Hope to talk to some of you in the future!

ReM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: May 04, 2014, 06:37:30 AM »

Hi Guys,

My name is Jamie, I'm studying a Bachelors degree in Interactive Games and Entertainment. I was first introduced into games when i was gifted a gameboy with pokemon red!  Smiley I would have spent countless hours on that game. I'm currently playing Diablo 3 and Dark Souls 2.
My team and I have been grinding away at a game which is currently in alpha. I will post more details on it soon.
Thanks and hope to get to know you guys/girls well!

Jamie,
Peace.
davidhallgren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: May 04, 2014, 11:55:57 AM »

Hi everyone,
My name is David and I just picked up game development. I work as a management consultant but am currently on paternity leave which leaves a couple of hours of free time every evening when the kids are asleep. Since I have a long history of playing games and general interest in math I have always been fascinated by game making. However, having only limited programming experience in languages such as Visual Basic I have never really tried to do anything serious. Having read books during the last month on Objective C, C++ and game development in general I have now started to try things out. Will keep you updated in the DevLogs soon!

Look forward to share my experiences with you all and learn,
David.

Current project: Vinkelvolt - Platform puzzler with 3D perspective rotation for iOS
seamountainstudios
Level 0

Say my name

View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: May 04, 2014, 03:03:48 PM »

Hey guys!

My name is Deniz and I'm from a small country like Holland. Most people call it 'Amsterdam', haha.

I am not a 100% indie, but I come from very humble beginnings. I was always an avid gamer. Mostly RPG, RTS, FPS and lately - by that I mean the last two years - more into indie. The first game that made me fall in love with this genre was 'Journey'. Later, I played more games like Meatboy, Limbo, Fez and Braid and started to be more aware of the creative minds out there! But the turning point for me why I wanted to get into games, was after seeing the film; Indie-game: The Movie. The immersion in the lives of game-developers who were struggling to finish their pieces of art and succeeding at it really was an inspiration to me!

A little bit more about my background:

Like I said before, I'm not a full-blood indie, but I come from very humble beginnings. The road for me started over a year ago when I had an epiphany about a game that I definitely wanted to develop, while walking on the street lol. I had/have very little understanding about coding, a bit more about graphic design. This of course, wasn't enough do develop an app for iOS or Android. So what I did was I talked to a friend of mine who was also very into gaming and had the entrepreneurial spirit. I told him about the idea and if he was interested in teaming up with me. He did, and so we started to develop the game concept. After about a month or so brainstorming with him, the concept was finally finished. So we decided to combine all our savings together and ask (game)studios if they were willing to develop the game for us. Keep in mind that we are both students, lived with our parents and have no or merely a background in coding/designing. Anyway, after searching through many studios who wanted to develop our game, we found one. The only problem was that we didn't have enough money to pay for it. Fortunately, we had two family members who were willing to help out. Now a year later our game 'Line Tap' (iOS) is finally released and (hopefully) on it's way to being a game that you will love!

I hope we can learn much from each other and I wish you all the best of luck!

Deniz

Live <3 Love <3 Laugh <3

Check out my new game Line Tap. I'm looking forward do your feedback Smiley

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id705165919?mt=8
cocoapriest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: May 05, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »

Hey,
my name is Konstantin and I'm an iOS dev (freelancer) for about 6 years. Now trying to make some games.
Cheers,
– Konstantin
HollowThreat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7332 on: May 05, 2014, 06:04:07 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm an artist in NZ, worked on all sorts of visual related projects, and a gamer since I was a kid, grow up playing NES,SNES,PS1,GC,PS2,Wii,GBA,DS,3DS, as you can probably tell I'm huge nintendo fan! Anyways, making game has always been a dream, and this year I took sometime learning game making, created 2 iOS games so far. I look forward to join TIG discussion, share and improve my indie game dev skills  Beer!

pavlosG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: May 05, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »

hello !

My name is Pavlos, I am a designer/ 3D artist/ game designer, and I currently live in Athens, Greece.

It all comes back in a flash now...
Had to twist the arm of my parents in order to get an Amstrad CPC 664 -a beast with that avant-garde technology: floppy disks !! Waoooh, locomotive software, golden text on a deep blue background, 27 colors, 3 modes. Still remember all that crap. Loved making my own puny games myself, in basic and with a little 'deluxepaint' I had pseudo-programmed myself. Good days ! Still remember beach-head, Commando, Ikari warriors, and the divine ELITE. The damn thing was still working for at least 10+ years.

Then got my hands on an Amiga. Loved playing Silkworm, Speedball, Birds of Prey, Deuteros, Dune and of course Elite. Nice computer but could not code a thing on it, alas. Started doing 3D though: 800 polygons non-textured and just one light then. Tough choices !

Had to blackmail my parents again (this time without sobs, I was getting fairly grown-up) to get a PC, a 486. Played warcraft, Ascendency and started to make serious 3D. Studied biochemistry, computer science and industrial design to drop everything and ultimately start doing what I always wanted to do: make videogames !

Worked in game studios in France, then in Greece, went partial indie in about 2005, full indie for the last 2 years.

Currently I am working on Ceres, a 3D space combat game. You may check it out here: http://www.ceresthegame.com/

nice to meet you all,
take care,
Pavlos.
fex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: May 06, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »

Hi folks! I'm Justin, and I make games sometimes! The one you may have heard of is Dillo Hills 2. I work in Indianapolis and make games on the side. I mostly program, but I do occasionally fiddle with art/animation and audio.
NAiLz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7335 on: May 06, 2014, 01:18:35 PM »

Hey everyone!  My name is Ryan.  I love literally everything about video games.  I've been playing them since I could turn on a television (back in the day with my Atari) and I've been making them ever since I learned the Basic programming language.  I went to school to study graphic design and I teach 3d modeling and game design at Broadview Entertainment Arts University in Salt Lake City.  I spent 10 years in the Army (I know it's a strange and contradictory career choice) and now I'm making this game thing my profession. 

I (the programmer/modeler dude), along with my brother (the business dude) and friend (the writer and concept dude) started a company called Shadowforge and we're busy plugin along.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you folks on this forum and looking at all your awesome projects!
IanDeBoeser
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: May 06, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »

Hello everyone!
My name is Ian DeBoeser, I don't know much if anything about programing, but I'm a music student (Doubling in Music Performance and Jazz Studies) who absolutely loves video game music. One of my earliest memories is listening to David Wise's work on Diddy Kong Racing and appreciating it to the fullest. I'd absolutely love to start working on some projects in this community, it's always been a goal in my life to write for video games.
I have experience in most digital composition tools, and I have weekly composition assignments that keep my writing chops in shape.
I can send anyone interested in teaming up a demo!
Thanks so much for your time!
numfanklewhat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7337 on: May 06, 2014, 04:20:07 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Alfian, from Indonesia. I'm actually more of a hobbyist rather than a full fledged game dev, I mostly did graphic design for my current project with friends in my free time. Anyway I think, that's about it, I'll post about my current project later in the dev log. Thank you and have a nice day!
pnch
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7338 on: May 07, 2014, 07:15:25 AM »

Hello!
I´m an Argentine media artist / illustrator / vfx worker. Setting some time apart from work I´m slowly venturing into the game development realm.
Inspired by the Rain World devlog I decided to start my own, see you there!

murray_cod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: May 07, 2014, 02:11:25 PM »

Hey all,

I've been working in the industry for....nine years? Jesus. Currently an art lead at a big publisher.

Anyways, I'm a bit of a generalist, do a bit of everything, and love all of it.

I'm putting a small team together to do some awesome things. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic