Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:46:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944313 times)
Kentz
Level 0

zenith au lait

View Profile
« Reply #7680 on: July 31, 2014, 09:48:18 AM »

Hey there

my name is Francisco, I'm a brazilian computer science student. I have some (not much) experience with game design and development, mostly RPGs (good old days of the rpg maker) but I have tons of ideas that I want to put into games, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Currently I'm working on a sorta beat 'em up game for PC.

I hope I can make some new friends to talk about gamedev here  Smiley
DevWithoutACrew
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7681 on: July 31, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »

Greetings from Greece!
I've been an indie developer for about 6-7 months now and working on a couple of ambitious projects (to say the least  Smiley ) . Prior to that i was working on the service industry and decided to drop anything and really focus on what i love and that is gaming. I had no prior coding skills and almost minimal modeling skills, but I've come a long way since then and my little project has been evolved or even mutated from something i was just killing time with to something i focus more than 10 hours a day (keep in mind that i'm still learning as i go).

As a do everything by myself i named my one man studio "Developer Without A Crew" (i think i was drunk when i decided it  Cheesy Cheesy )

Here's my blog if you want to check my stuff (if you are into Unity 3D I sometimes share some cool stuff)
http://devwithoutacrew.blogspot.gr/

Here is a little teaser from my main project

cbox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7682 on: July 31, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »

Hey! I'm Rob from Toronto, Canada. Looking to get into the gaming industry by teaming up with my long time friend of 20+ years. I come from a design background with 10 years in web and graphic design experience. We're split down the middle with me being an artist and designer, and him the code guru.

My top gaming genres are racing, arcade and local multiplayer anything.
sjgriffiths
Level 0

Procella Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7683 on: August 01, 2014, 05:11:54 AM »

Hi, I'm Sam Griffiths t/a Procella Games, a small independent video game developer based in England, focusing on games for the PC/Mac platform.

I'm particularly fond of adventure/visual novels and JRPGs, as evident by the inspiration for some of my projects! Pokémon, Ace Attorney, Persona and Castlevania are particular favourites.
Mortalo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: August 01, 2014, 05:56:15 AM »

Hi! I'm Sebastian, lead coder at T-Rex Interactive (you could seen my brother posting here before). So, I'm from Pszczyna, Poland. I always wanted to make games, designing all the time (mostly in my mind Smiley ). I learned how to code and become quite good at it. Few months ago I graduated a little University not far away from my home. Since then we're working hard on Box Kid Adventures (here is link for DevLogs topic). We're working with Game Maker: Studio (so far I love this tool) and cause we're going for 2D games, it's perfect fit.

Tisis Antony
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: August 02, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »

Hello, my name is Michael Van Dyke. I am a game designer who's designed many games but has never gotten around to making them, for what that is worth. I've been interested in making games since I was very small and realized that it could be a job type thing, and I have been plotting designs in journals ever since. I don't got any cool images to show anyone of my work, and the closest I've gotten to making a working game was a quick test of the OHRRPGCE kit back when I was eleven. I hope to change this trend. Designing games has always been a very important thing to me, sorta like someone who paints therapeutically. I'm hoping to begin development on one of a few designs I've been toying around with as of late.

My history with games started when I was small, and my grandparents bought me a Nintendo 64. I played almost all of the old classics on that console, and when my grandmother purchased a PC, I got into Age of Empires II pretty hard, mostly derping around on the scenario editor and seeing what happened when I pitted a hoard of one unit against a horde of another. Also alligators.

I got older but my gaming habits didn't change much. I'm currently enlisted in the USN as a Fireman training to become a Nuclear Electricians Mate, which is what I spend most of my time doing. When I'm not doing that, I'm doing other things. I intend to make this one of those other things.
xvii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: August 03, 2014, 12:28:54 AM »

Hi,

Name is Yuri,
opened our gaming company XVII

first game out on iOS "tuku | fly home" few weeks ago.
first of many i hope,

take care.

Zuolin
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7687 on: August 03, 2014, 02:26:18 AM »

Hi I'm Luke.

I'm a Physics graduate who's just dropped out of a PhD. Now I'm making my own games and trying to get into the industry as a junior programmer. Hoping to get some work experience and build my portfolio over the next few months. Currently developing a 2D space exploration game called Skein, the demo for which I'm working on now.
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7688 on: August 03, 2014, 06:52:41 PM »

Hey y'all! I'm an indie game maker from NYC!I have wild blue hair and my favorite kind of games are RPGs! I've been playing games since I was about (I'm 26 now) and I stilllll play my favorite SNES games once a year minimum!

I'm currently working on a platformer based on my webcomic series that will make even the most veteran of gamers crawl away with their tails between their knees! Feel free to ask me about it! With a simple release coming to the iOS in less than a month!

Feel free to check it out here: http://tapastic.com/series/The-Foolish-Brave

Here I am in a whale tie with a pink umbrella!

I'd love to connect with some of you!

WoldenDans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7689 on: August 04, 2014, 06:36:43 AM »

Hi everybody!

I am Guillaume, cofounder and developer (3D/Gameplay) at Fenris Lair Studio.

I'm a developer specialized in 3D engines and physics/gameplay, and a enthusiast gamer. One of my main hobbies have always been to test any game that could grab my attention, and it still is Wink. That is why I started coding game at the age of 14, and never stopped improving since then (I hope!).

I love every kind of games, and I always enjoy discovering new ones, and new concepts. Just like I love developing them!

Today, I am working on a space voxel MMORPG called Untold Universe with a small, motivated team.

See you soon!
Jesse Ko
Level 1

L7 Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7690 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:49 PM »

Hello everyone!

We're Deckpoint Studio and we are a small team that is currently working on an isometric card game RPG. The development process has been going very well for the past several months. We've had some extreme changes such as transition from pixel graphics to realistic 3D visuals (yikes!) and adding huge new layers of complexity to our dialogue system.

If you want to check out our game, you can go to our website for the most up-to-date information.

Discmach Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7691 on: August 04, 2014, 03:03:58 PM »

Artist/designer/programmer at Discmach Games.
My main focus is art/design.
Also work freelance as an artist - namely pixel art.

My main tools are mainly Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush and Construct 2.
(Oh and I'd recommend "headus 3d layout" for anyone who like he despises UV mapping!)

I have recently started a devlog on this site, and I have a dev blog on Tumblr. (See signature)
Feel free to contact me.

Mattamore
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7692 on: August 05, 2014, 01:38:55 AM »

Hi,

I am Matthias and I develop web applications. I used to play a lot of games when I was younger. I especially liked Starcraft, Morrowind and Diablo II. I then started learning programming by myself and 8 years ago, I created a browser game called Skirmish Islands. Skirmish was inspired by Ogame, while being probably the first game in its particular category: Ancient World strategy / war browser game.

Through my main job, I have learnt a lot of new, very exciting technologies and frameworks: HTML5, Django, NodeJS... and I have spent the two last years developing a new online game, with my fellow developer Gilles: Neuronball. This new game (I believe) introduces a very original concept... and provides a lot of fun  Smiley . I will post about it in the appropriate topic. Happy to enter this community!

Londorith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: August 05, 2014, 03:07:11 AM »

Hey everyone!  Gentleman

I'm an engineering student and a huge fan of old school RPG's. Inevitably I am also quite interested in game development. Right now I'm working on a tactics game called Londorith, the Empire of Daggers. I've been lurking around and following various devlogs on this site for quite some time; finally, I've decided to start one myself.

See you around!
dariuou
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: August 05, 2014, 06:10:47 AM »

Greetings, I work as a Java developer by day, and a game developer by night. I've done several small game projects, and I'm currently working on my first commercial release.

My first exposure to games was on some ancient TI computer, I don't recall which model; playing basic action games, text adventures and strategy games. My enjoy a variety of games, but tend to focus on RPG, strategy, and FPS's.

I got into making games because I wanted to create worlds for people to inhabit and explore. I also wanted to recreate for people the emotional experiences I had as I played through games like Metal Gear Solid or Xenogears.
neetdev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7695 on: August 05, 2014, 10:25:44 PM »

Hi, I'm Antoine and I'm starting a masters in finance in Canada this fall. I've always had Nintendo consoles but I mainly play on pc since forever. 

I have started developping the game NEET, a 3d horror game where I intend to break the rules video games ussually establish. I'm in the process of fleshing out the whole story, lore and characters at the moment. I'm really open to ideas and I'd love to get feedback and comments on what I can improve.

Here's what I got so far:

There's a bit more detail on my blog here:
http://imakethethings.blogspot.ca/

Hope you like it and that we can work together to make our projects as best as they can be.

Cheers  Beer! (holy shit I haven't used emoticons on a forum since like 2007)
intradox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7696 on: August 06, 2014, 04:38:54 PM »

Hi,

I am a community manager and help developers run their game communities. I also used to dabble in developing basic Java games.

I run Playnamics.com
DMoon
Level 0

No pic yet

View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: August 06, 2014, 08:00:58 PM »

Hi im Hector, I am a young programmer who enjoys to make games. I have 2 little games, one in AS2 and the other in C# with Unity, right now im working on another one I plan to actually finish. I am trying to get better and art and learn to program better. I enjoy Pixel Art in games and shooters (not FPS). I enjoy procedural games, hoping I can make one myself

Thats it Smiley
slamir
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: August 07, 2014, 03:32:20 AM »

Hi, my name is Sławek. I am a software developer from Poland.

I started to play games when my parents bought me an NES. My favourite games was Super Robin Hood, Big Nose the Caveman and Adventure Island. When I got older I became interested in strategy games.

I started programming games with my colleague about 2 years ago. We are using HaxePunk library. You can check out our projects on the Facebook
tpkth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: August 07, 2014, 11:54:56 AM »

Hey there,
I've been working for a big video game company for almost 8 years as a producer and I missed coding so much that I resigned a few months ago to work on personal projects (how original...). I'm currently working on 2 games from home and sometimes it feels lonely so yes I'm here to make friends Smiley
Cheers,
th-

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic