Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:51:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943807 times)
Sonoshee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7820 on: September 07, 2014, 04:31:25 AM »

I’m Reda Lahdili, a Moroccan programmer born in 1997 (17 years old I guess ? sorry didn't keep track of my age as it doesn't mean a lot) who's interested in games and how they're made.

I had my first computer contact when I was young, and of course doubt and wonder about these magical machines grew up with me. I decided to dive deep into this field and learn how these marvels actually work, so I started learning programming at 14 years old or so, and begun with the C++ programming language.

I lived with a 64Mb in RAM computer for almost 5 years, all I had working is a SNES and a GBA emulator, that's when I got influenced I believe.
I played whole lots of games during those years, games that defined me and the golden age of video games.

What does the video game industry has to offer to the incoming generation? That's what I find myself asking...
This era of AAA video games is so empty that I find myself forced to make indie games to influence the 10 years old me who lives somewhere in this world.

My games are all centered towards the sky, clouds, the moon, flying, speed, dreams, acceleration, and imaginary worlds. Sometimes they are bright and juicy, some other times they get as dark as ever.

snowkie
Level 0

Life is not a deathwish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7821 on: September 07, 2014, 04:58:42 AM »

Hello Everyone! :D
My name's Eka, you'll find "snowkie" as my username across the internet. Nice to meet ya'll!
I'm Indonesian. In my country gamedev scene were actually blooming in recent years, so it's nice to know that we're not alone in this universe. hehe.

Here's my avatar by the way:

Well, I'm the co-founder of a small indie game studio/community in Surabaya-Indonesia called Mojiken Studio.
It's been my childhood dream to be a game developer. My first contact with game was when I played the original Prince of Persia on DOS. But, thanks to Street Fighter, Captain Commando, and bunch of other beat 'em up games that really inspired me to become a game developer.

I'm more into art than programming, you can check my work and stuff on my DA here: http://snowkie.deviantart.com/
Right now, I'm learning to build a game with tools such as Gamemaker and Construct.
Hope I can catch up with you guys!  Corny Laugh

S20-TBL
Level 0

Cool Old Guy

View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: September 07, 2014, 09:19:58 AM »

Greetings.

I'm a former 2D artist for a Southeast Asian game company before I went solo and tried my hand at creating my own game(s). While my primary degree is in graphic design and traditional/digital 2D art, I do have a background in programming back when Turbo Pascal 7 was a thing, and am currently learning (and progressing in) how to compose and sequence music using synthesizer apps.

I hail from the Development subsection of the Shmups! forum, where I post updates on my WIP game and contribute to others' projects in some form or another, usually via testing and feedback. And as can be implied from that, my favorite game genre happens to be shmups, along with beat 'em ups, action platformers, fighting games and action RPGs. Yep, I'm a child of the arcade, even though I'm not a top tier player or anything.

As for developed games, currently I am developing a shmup in Game Maker which is about 30% complete. My dream however is to create a true Metroidvania styled action platformer and a Zelda-style hack-and-slash.

Hope to hear from you all. Smiley

AlienSync
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7823 on: September 07, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »

Hello I'm Lorenzo Kirkpatrick. By trade I'm a web developer. As far as game development, I started some years ago, developing various small games as a hobby and for my own enjoyment. Working for other web and interactive media companies, I would try to suggest that we get involved in game development. None of my employers were interested. So, I decided to do game dev myself. I just launched my second publicly available game, Cosmic Rocket Defender - after 2 years of development. My first game, Blaster Ship, took 3 months. Blaster Ship was 2D using Game Salad. CRD was 3D graphics in a 2.5D game using Unity3D.

There you have it. Check me out at www.aliensync.com or FB/aliensync.
TheNoobHunter
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: September 07, 2014, 05:38:18 PM »

Hello, I'm Matt (thenoobhunter).
I had played various obscure PC game every once and a while when I was little. The first game I really got into was the Galactic Civilizations series. I am a percussionist in my school band and have dabbled in making chiptune music

<---This is some of my work

I'm 15 and I live in Salem, Oregon. I got very much into retro gaming, living off of various emulators and my brother's hand-me-down NES and Gameboy. My favorite game series is probably the Castlevania series as I am a huge fan of Konami. I'm hoping to become a game designer. I don't want to toot my own horn but I am a bit of an expert on gaming history and love learning about the industries past.
Can't really think of much else.

Naomi Alkema Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7825 on: September 07, 2014, 09:20:17 PM »

Hello, I am Naomi Alkema from Naomi Alkema Studio (Small game development studio based in Christchurch, New Zealand founded in 2014). That is pretty much all I can say.

Official site: http://naomialkema.ml
Earthyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: September 08, 2014, 08:36:13 AM »

Hey all!

My name is Joel and I founded the small company 'Kardia Interactive' who are currently working on the game Through Time! http://www.indiedb.com/games/through-time

Now my interests? Well gaming has always been a passion for me, it started with The tales of monkey island, man that game was fantastic. I developed into playing MMO's I loved the progression within those games.

I got my design degree and then went on to create my own game!

Thats where I stand right now Smiley
AbnormalSoftware
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7827 on: September 08, 2014, 10:24:59 AM »

This is Matt with Abnormal Software.

I think the old Ultima games are what originally got me started wanting to *make* games.  Origin's old slogan "We Create Worlds" really clicked with me when I was a kid.  My taste in games changed as I got older, as I drifted more towards games that emphasized fun over realism.  I still remember the first time I heard real sound in a game.  It was out of my SoundBlaster and the game was Commander Keen 4!  I'm getting older, but still can't stop making games.  As soon as the kids are in bed, I usually drag my laptop out to start trying out any new ideas I've had.

I learned Blender for my latest project, and couldn't believe how much I enjoyed 3D modeling after avoiding it for so many years.  Been working at it now for a little over a year.  I'm in no rush, I'll probably keep chipping away at this project until I stop making games altogether.  The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient.

Nik_SG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: September 08, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »

Hello! I'm Nik_SG or just Nik, really. I have been making games for a few years now, starting at an awesome and small mobile-focused company mostly making platformers, and now moving through game dev space on my own. I have been working on a few prototypes and am getting ready to finalize a few of them for release, or so I hope!

I'm a programmer and mechanics guy but not a graphics guy at all, although I appreciate them greatly Smiley. My favorite games, if I had to choose, are Super Mario World and Spelunky.
vgambit
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: September 08, 2014, 11:56:29 AM »

Hey, guys. This is vgambit.

I got a degree in game development a few years ago, but haven't been making games professionally at all. I do it in my spare time at home. Recently, a game I made for a local game jam between friends was surprisingly well-received, so I've decided to take indie game development a little more seriously. This is supposed to be the place to be for people who think like that, so here I am!
marcyay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7830 on: September 08, 2014, 12:55:09 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Marc. 
I'm an 80's kid who grew up mostly on black and white Gameboy.  My favorite games of all time are River City Ransom, Castlevania SOTN, FF7, and Ocarina of Time.

I went to animation school at Cal Arts, and currently I'm the creative director at Tic Toc Games.  We're doing our 2nd OIP right now, and first major one that we're Kickstarting right now called Adventures of Pip. 

Thanks

Twitter - marcyayTTG
jojothejojo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: September 08, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »

I am new to the game industry in the aspect of making games.(playing i got years under that belt) I am currently enrolled at a school to learn more about making games. I am taking the programming path because i love sitting and writing lines of code(no joking i do) also i love seeing them work after i spent 10 days trying to make it work. I use Game Maker Studio to make games with my friend and soon i want to move to unity so me and my friend can make much better games.

Game I Have Created: Lonely Ball
Lisalisa
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: September 08, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »

Hi everyone,
 I'm Lisa, and a start publisher. I need to promote my game but I don't know how to do it well. I found Tigsource from the internet and hope I can get some useful advice here!  Hand Metal Right
KOKOStern
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7833 on: September 09, 2014, 04:19:02 AM »

Hello!

My name is Eyal Stern, online I go by KOKOStern. I do a lot of things, but the most relevant for these forums are coding and game design.

Hoping to give and receive feedback on WIP games.

Cheers!

Facebook: srslyGames
Youtube: KOKOStern Channel
Twitter: @KOKOStern
Ziz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: September 09, 2014, 04:56:25 AM »

Hi,

my name is Alex and I started programming with 11 or similar (now I am 25). First with Turbo Pascal at school, later Delphi and Free Pascal with Lazarus. In the year 2006 I started learning about Linux and use it now as my main operating system. Furthermore I got interested in Open handhelds like the GP2X. So I started learning C(++), because for every damn fridge a C-toolchain exists and it is much easier to write portable Code with this language. From time to time I am using python, too. Just for the lulz. Wink

So, nowadays in my spare time I make games for such open handhelds. For this I made a little library based on SDL, which abstracts the devices to a general device.

I don't sell my games. In fact they are too bad to get sold... However I release everything with a free software license. Smiley

I registered here, because I think my games doesn't only work well on open handhelds, but also as casual games for Linux and Windows and it may be a good idea to get more attention and feedback here!

Greetings,
Ziz
AdeelTariq
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: September 09, 2014, 07:11:26 AM »

Hi, I'm Adeel and I'm a computer science student and programmer from Faisalabad, Pakistan! I'm very passionate about developing fun games, entertaining mobile apps and all things art!

I started playing games pretty late in life actually! First game I 'properly' played was GTA VC, when I got my first PC! Since that time I have played a lot of games, all of them on my PC!
I'm more into fast paced or stealth fps so Riddick, No one lives forever and halflife series are my favourites!

I love "the longest journey" games too, and have dreams of creating something like that one day!

Currently i'm working on this game TankCity. This is (almost) my first (soon to be)complete game!! And countless others are yet to come!!  Wink
I hope to develop at least one such game in my life that will be absolutely enjoyed and loved!

Rebaken
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: September 09, 2014, 08:19:14 AM »

Hey All,

Just getting started into game development. Played with Cocos2D library and made a few games that can be found here http://www.RebaKen.com for iOS.

Now just moving into Unity and their 2D engine.

Cheers!  Beer!
Tryzna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7837 on: September 09, 2014, 09:46:14 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Pavel and im 30 yrs old gamer/wana be developer from easter europe. I began my gaming and programing career on Atari 800XE 25yrs ago(damn that time is running fast). Sadly my programing career ended soon after i purchased my first PC as i could finaly play Wolfenstein and Doom and i dont had to spend my free time in desperate atempts to recreate them as a 2d versions for my old Atari;-)
Just couple of years ago i found passion for indie games, and especial indie games with pixel graphics as i love everything that reminds me old 8-bit and especial 16-bit games as they reminds me my childhood and great times i had reading reviews of games like Litil Divil, UFO, Dungeon Master, Xenon and many others, while dreaming about getting Atari ST, Amiga or PC.

I always tried to be creative as i spent years playing guitar or painting warhammer miniatures and recently i remembered i used to make a "games" as a kid. Then i realized(while playing Gurk on my cell phone)theres plenty of game making tools that would soften my transition from old Basic and Pascal to ...hmm...whatever, i just realized its not like back in the days when i had to study multiple books for half year to create simple Space invaders clone;-)

And thats probably all you need to know about me for now;-)   
Snail_Man
Level 0

It's Snail_Man

View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: September 09, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »

Hello, Snail_Man here! Nice to meet you all.

I've been dabbling in game development since 2006, when an uncle of mine recommended Game Maker. Nice then, I've been churning out unfinished games at an alarming rate. However, shockingly, I've actually been able to finish one or two! My main project of over two years (Most of which was spent on game jams and procrastination), Hatz, was finally released, and it's gotten a whopping 17 plays so far. You can play it here.
Although making straightforward platformers has always been my forte, I've been branching out a bit recently. My current project is my defunct LD30 game, which I didn't even sort of finish for the compo. I'm aiming for it to be a sort of mash up of FTL: Faster than Light, Papers, Please, and being a UPS delivery guy.

I nearly always draw, write, program, and design every aspect of my games, although I have wanting to collaborate more as of late. I program a tiny bit in Java and C++, I'm have a reasonable grasp of Javascript, and I would say I'm quite fluent in GML, the native language of Gamemaker. I still use Gamemaker for most projects, but I've been branching out into using HTML5 & Javascript a bit more over the past months. I'm still pretty bad in the graphics department, but I'm improving. I've always been a musical person,( I play the piano, electric bass, and drums), but lack of proper equipment makes music making difficult. Still, I usually lay out a track or two for jams and such.

So anyway, thanks for reading my rather rambling remarks. Onwards and upwards!

(Psst, my Twitter is @snailmandev)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:46:42 PM by Snail_Man » Logged

Do it
Then do it right
Then do it well
morganbengtsson
« Reply #7839 on: September 09, 2014, 01:27:08 PM »

Hello!
My name is Morgan. I am a guy in my thirties from Sweden.

Gaming
My interest in games started in the NES era. With the favorite game Super mario bros 3 - it still ranks high. Continued through Nintendos offerings, and most of my active gaming periods was with the N64. Mario 64 is still the best game ever, in my opinion. Also other games such as Mario kart 64, Pilotwings 64, Goldeneye, Waverace, Perfect dark, Banjo kazooie have gotten many play hours from me.

I have also dabbled with PC gaming on and off through the years. Favorites are Quake II, Dungeon keeper,  Halfe-life, Portal and lately the Walking dead series.

Education
MSc in media technology. Much math and programming, which can come in handy.

Development
Always been making small projects and games on my spare time. Which has made me quite fluent in C++ programming, and also the OpenGL API.

I now work part time with my small indie studio called Zimit. We will see what comes out of that!

Music
Lately I have enjoyed making electronic music, some of what can be found on Soundcloud. Also comes in handy, when making games.

Art
Always been quite artistic and likes to draw. Also done a lot 3D modeling through the years.

That was a little info about me.
Best regards / Morgan
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic