Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:58:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950613 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7920 on: October 08, 2014, 09:02:07 AM »

He has 399 problems, reading ain't one

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: October 08, 2014, 09:10:18 AM »

If you have some minor form of OCD and have the habit to click "Show new replies to your posts." you'll end up reading many if not all

about that, welcome all you guys and gals!, hope you feel just as warm and fuzzy about this place as Gomez
Dennis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7922 on: October 08, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »

So... I gave up on reading each and every post in this thread. It's too much information, even just skimming and looking at the pics/screenshots quickly turns into a full-time job. Smiley

louiscroquet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7923 on: October 08, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »

Hi everyone! Gomez
I'm Louis, I live in France and I just graduated from a Game Design school where I met cool people (this was the only thing for what the school was useful).

I learned C# in one month to make games on my own this summer. With a friend, we released our first game on Android called Snooze. I'll present it in details later Smiley If you're too impatient you can get it for free here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.derpsoftware.Snooze

Now I'm looking for work because without money I'm going to die. I'm currently designing a local multiplayer mobile game to play with my girlfriend (and for people who want to play with somebody) Smiley

Video games people who inspire me are JW from Vlambeer because I love his way of making games, Jake Solomon from Firaxis because he's really dedicated to what he does, and Cactus from Dennaton because he's weird but has cool ideas :D

Okay that's it I think. Ask me anything if you want to know something else and see you soon!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:36:20 AM by spartounet » Logged
scaffa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7924 on: October 09, 2014, 07:31:16 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Stephan Caffa and currently i'm working on Horizon Danger, a local mp action game. It is a solo project that I work on part-time. Registered a while back and have the tendency to lurk a bit but let's see if I can break that habit by introducing myself here Smiley

Octopodo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7925 on: October 09, 2014, 11:27:11 AM »

Hey, I'm Jarrett. I'm a designer and programmer from Vancouver, Canada.
I've been making games full time since 2010, but it has been a lifelong passion.

At the moment, I'm working on sci-fi submarine game called Neptune, Have Mercy.

If you're interested, you can check the blog : http://www.neptunehavemercy.com/

There's so much talent on this forum! I'm really looking forward to getting the communities feedback on current and future projects.

Neptune, Have Mercy. - Submarine Roguelike set on Neptune's moon, Triton.
bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7926 on: October 09, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Bornander and I am a developer who makes games as a hobby on my commute to/from work.
I am currently finishing off an Android arcade game and have also started prototyping a RTS for PC/Android that I hope to be able to finish off some day in the not too distant future.

Current devlog; Grapple
Try Hovercraft for Android, voted "a game" by players.Hovercraft on Google play
Jory64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: October 09, 2014, 12:46:06 PM »

Hello! My name is Jory Griffis and I'm a solo developer. I'm not great at code but I'm reasonable at art! I'm pretty capable with Unity, though. I love all kinds of games! I'm here to try to get better acquainted with the indie development community.
mildspring
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7928 on: October 10, 2014, 08:51:36 AM »

Hi, my name is Alex.

Working on making Android games, I have 4 games published in Google Play.
First two were done with Android SDK.
Third one in Corona.
Latest game was done in Unity3d.

Glad to have found this forum with so many people working on games, got into discussion on reddit with someone, and the forum was recommended.

http://www.mildspring.com - making mobile games
Platy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: October 10, 2014, 10:31:24 AM »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalrighty then !

Hey everybody, my name is Stuart,

I'm an aspiring game dev who spends most of his time either reading, drawing, programming or playing games and who spends an alarmingly little amount of time actually making games, but I'm aiming to change that Wink

I'm also currently a second year student at a university in Paris.

This seems to be the point where people mention the games they've made so far or the game they are currently working on... I'll skip this for now I guess Shrug

Now the reason why I actually stopped lurking on the forum and made a proper account is because I really enjoy the community and I would like to take part in fun Smiley and also because I find some of the games in-development absolutely amazing and I can no longer stand here idly without being able to voice my admiration  Kiss
KerFerius
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: October 12, 2014, 05:24:20 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm a java game developer. Twenty years of experience and specially five years in java. I'm using JOGL for the graphics library.

Too many months and years of gaming in my Steam library, and before.
My first game was Dark Castle on Mac+  Cheesy

I'm making isometric games with a good old style.
Blender and Gimp are my best friends  Smiley

My current project is a mix of procedurally generated world, and turn-based mechanisms like X-COM and Jagged Alliance: http://www.indiedb.com/games/cold-contract

Have a good day  Toast Left
lidenanna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: October 12, 2014, 11:15:28 AM »

Hi my name is Anna Liden,

I'm a librarian i small school in Sweden. I also program for Mac OS X, iPhone and Android. I work with kids and I want to make game apps that teach kids  Grin.
vitorlanna
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: October 12, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »

Hi! =]

I'm Vítor Lanna, from Brazil.
I used to develop games with Klik & Play just for fun, some card games, then RPG Maker...
I currently use Unity!
There are two games in Google Play which I've worked on: Luminattis and Break Free.

Currently I'm working on a simple tactical game with many inspirations, the largest one being Robotrek.

Aaand that's it! =]

Legion.
Level 0

Error?

View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: October 12, 2014, 01:45:17 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm new! I joined this forum because my friends and I are currently creating a platformer RPG game with Unity. I decided to join this forum to ask question and get feedback and advice! I hope to have a wonderful time!
theotherone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: October 12, 2014, 06:13:40 PM »

hello there! I'm aspiring to become a game developer one day, and I hope I can learn a lot from this forum! currently I am not developing any game, and I'm learning some Actionscript, and see where this takes me! Thank you for having me here! Wink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7935 on: October 13, 2014, 12:14:44 AM »

Hello good people of TIGF, my name is Vincent. Gentleman

I'm coming from < 1980 and had the pleasure of growing up in the 8bit era, with a marked preference for big N products. Gameboy, SNES, and PC games from the 90's are my all time favorites. So Tetris, Super Mario Land, Super Mario World, Zelda (a link to the past), or anything LucasArts (with Monkey Island 2 and Day of the Tentacle at the very top of my list), is definitely my jam.

More recently, I've been wowed by titles such as Hotline Miami or Vlambeer's Nuclear Throne (hoping to meet Rami in person in Montreuil at the end of november).

I have a background in movies (from studying them during ~5 years in college and participating in various shootings in various positions, wether cooking for crews, holding a sound perch or writing dialogue).

I have made a professional career of building websites, here in Paris, France.

And I've been making my first game for the best part of a year (albeit on a constrained schedule), but I'll say more about that somewhere else.

/Obligatory Introduction, over and out.  Gentleman

mrinalmech
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7936 on: October 13, 2014, 04:43:46 AM »

Hi, My name is Mrinal Mech and I am from India. I am computer science graduate who is looking to develop his first video game. My cousin is an animation graduate so we have decided to come up with a 2D run and gun shooter. We will be using Unity 2D.

The project is just for fun and getting to know game design/development better. Hoping to spend many memorable moments here.

jay-run
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7937 on: October 13, 2014, 06:51:14 AM »

Hello guys!
My name is Jacopo and i am one of the duo guys that compose jay-run team.
Jay-Run is a two word composed that meaning :
Jay = the acronim of Jacopo(because at the beginning i was alone)
Run = according to me is like a mental status (maybe i will explain this concept further)

During my childhood my father after a business travel to Hong Kong when he returned to Italy (Yes, i am an Italian man) brought me the first gameboy version, i remember that is like a brick in my small hand but it was awesome, i am more or less 3 years old and i was totally shocked from that device thats emitted colors from that green screen and sounds ... That moment changed my life and after years and years, now I make games!

With this account i will post our works in Playtesting and Devblogs session, stay tuned and enjoy!
Thank you of all TigSource staff for this fantastic site.

p.s. LOL excuse for my english but maybe in some circumstances is not properly correct but is OK!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Our game in development :
Powershine
Vandash
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7938 on: October 13, 2014, 04:18:05 PM »

Hi guys Smiley

I'm Alexis Bacot, founder of Area Effect, an indie game company based in Paris.

My Personnal web site : http://light-and-shadows.net/

Currently working on Izle : www.izlegame.com Smiley
PapaCheech
Level 0

a canadian game developer.

View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: October 13, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »

Hello!
I am an aspiring indie developer who lives in Ontario, Canada. I am mostly into sound design and programming, but I also currently make the sprites for my games too. I have been doing this seriously for a year or so now.
My goal is to make games that use music in really interesting, new ways, and to make the music a gameplay element itself.
Here is what I am working on currently :
papacheech.itch.io/flicker
Also, if there are any artists on these forums who are looking to work with me on something, that would be awesome and I am always interested!

Cheers,
PapaCheech

a canadian game developer.<br /><br />twitter: @papacheech
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic