Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:30:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943963 times)
Texashawk76
Level 0

Galaxy Creator (some bugs remain...)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7940 on: October 13, 2014, 09:18:46 PM »

Hello!

My name is Steve Hawkins from Houston. I'm a self-taught game designer, having designed both board games and computer games. My current magnum opus is called Imperia. It's a politically-driven 4X game that I've wanted to make for years, but never had the technical know-how to attempt. Finally, one day, I just decided 'the hell with it' and started programming it anyway. 6 months later, I think it's making progress!

When I'm not madly pounding at the keyboard, I'm at home with my wife and 2 kitties - a snowshoe Siamese and a bengal/tabby mix kitten. I also make a living as a sales manager for a Fortune 500 company in my spare time. ;-)

This looks like an awesome community - thank you for creating it and allowing me to be a part of it!

-Steve

P.S. I do not have a horse, nor do I say 'Yee-HAW'! I do however, have a pair of boots.

Designer of Imperia, a new politically-slanted 4X game. Find out more at imperia.boards.net!
newa_studios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: October 14, 2014, 10:33:29 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am a self taught designer.  I use a variety of 3D programs but design 2D games.  When I first started getting into video game design, I programmed and designed my first app for the iPhone.  It was my first game so it was sort of amateur but fun  Cheesy  It didn't sell well but it kept me going and I learned alot about the video game development.  I decided that I was better at designing than programming so I made my next game with another programmer which is this game here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chasing-john-doe/id910131603?mt=8

Even though the games I made didn't sell well, I never gave up and I got better at designing and animating. 

I work full time at a large corporation doing IT (even though I hate it) but it pays the bills and it definitely funded everything I needed for creating these games (supercomputer, softwares and membership fees)  Grin
cf2004
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: October 14, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »

hi everyone, I am definitely a game enthusiast, and in my free time I try to learn UDK, with various degrees of success. I hope I would learn a lot from my fellow game developers on this forum. Thank you for reading.
Tealkine
Level 0

XD

View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: October 14, 2014, 04:23:57 PM »

Hello,

I am new to TIG

First up, why Tealkine?

Well it is an edited version of the semi-god's telkine in the game titan quest.
Teal is my favourite colour.
*it is pronounced Teal-keen*

So How many indie games do I have?
None - well not yet  Grin

What do I do?

Pit of knowledge in C#
Unity skillz - Not really

What I would like to do with TIG

- Learn art
- Better code
- Promote my game

k bye
~Teal
Dewfreak83
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7944 on: October 14, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »

I've been lurking on here for a few months with a post or two here and there.

I left my job in the game industry a little over 3 months ago to do the "indie thing". The wife said, "Sure let's try it for 6 months and see how it goes" - so she is supporting us soley while I play around  Smiley

My lofty goal was to do 3 games in 6 months (small mobile games) - but that quickly changed to 1 game in 6 months... I thought doing a text-oriented game would be quick and easy (wasn't expecting much art & mechanics). Boy was I wrong. I soon learned that while I can certainly code (programmer by trade) and I do so-so in the art arena (I think? let me know!) - writing is freaking hard! But pushing forward and trying my best!

I'm here to try and be part of the indie community in some form and learn what I can from others and perhaps pass on a few nuggets of non-indie oriented knowledge and experience.

Any indies here in the Maryland area?

LW Games
Level 0

Indie Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7945 on: October 14, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »

Hi Guys,

I've been visiting this site for a long time, i actually had a user name at some point(a few years back) and now i finally registered again, since i am developing full time my first solo PC Game and i thought its time to jump in, participate in discussions and do Dev Log when the time comes.

btester2
Level 0

Discover Elysia.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7946 on: October 15, 2014, 06:31:46 AM »

Hello all! Welsh dev is here to join the forum Smiley

My name is Ben Tester and I'm just 1 of around 14 devs from Wales Interactive. I primarily deal with most of the marketing and PR work etc but I'm also a 3D artist so I can get my hands dirty with some modelling/texturing.

Someone asked me not long ago "If I had to name one game to be my favourite what would it be?" to which I quickly replied... "Skyrim" but soon after I was reminiscing on an old Sega Saturn game, Titan Wars (Or Solar Eclipse in the US) which blew my mind when I first played it.

Trailer:

So enough about me... here's our upcoming game, Soul Axiom. It's a spiritual successor to Master Reboot and is based on the premise of life after death, uploading your soul and memories to a digital server, meaning... well... digital immortality! It's a first-person sci-fi adventure with a focus on puzzle solving and exploration with some cool powers that can manipulate or destroy parts of the environments.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/279900/

If anyone actually reads the introductions then please get in touch and let me know what you think! The game is out on Steam Early Access in just 3 weeks! http://store.steampowered.com/app/279900/

Ben Tester
Wales Interactive

Facebook | Twitter | Website

vVv Check Out Soul Axiom vVv
デッアンソニー
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: October 15, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is D'Anthoni Wooten from Kansas City, but I'm studying at Berklee College of Music right now!

I hope to meet some potential clients for composing music for video games, hopefully of the RPG/Adventure variety.

Now, I'll be honest I have more of a background for composing for performing artists, but video games is a passion of mine and I spend hours on end studying the music in games. I do most of my work in Logic, Reason, Pro Tools, and I have yet to work on a project that completes. If you would like to check any of my work out I will post a link below:

https://soundcloud.com/danthoni-wooten
https://www.youtube.com/user/dabeatmaster123

This was a song that I composed for an incomplete gaming project:

http://throughthewoodsgames.tumblr.com/post/80715805222/this-is-a-quick-sample-of-the-theme-music-for

I have't had much of a chance to find much out there, but I am pushing myself to find games that need music to complete their work. I find that music is the game itself, not just an element to make the game better. Anyways sorry for the little rant and hopefully I will run into someone who is looking for a composer for their game. Cheers~
Volatile Dove
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7948 on: October 15, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »

Hi everybody, Coffee

I am a French computer software engineer and I have been working as an R&D developer in a company (not related to video games) near Paris for 7 years.

On my spare time, I have been making video games since I was a child. I started to program video games with GWBasic on a Commodore, then I discovered The Games Factory and DIV Games Studios, then Jamagic, then professional languages.

I have an professional knowledge of C, C++, perl, and a bit of other languages: php, mysql, python, java, html, css, javascript, lua ... I can develop under Windows and Linux, with numerous libraries including OpenGL and DirectX.
I also have some amateur skills in graphics or web.

I currently work on improving the Loving Cube Engine, which is a cube-based video game engine.

I'll develop it in a separate topic.

I like and was inspired by different types of games : Sonic the Hedgehog, Alex Kidd, Populous, Total Annihilation, HOMM, Myst, Portal, Quake Live, Starcraft, Endless Space, ... to name a few.

My website: http://www.francois-braud.com/
My second website about my video games: http://www.volatiledove.com/

X-Chan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7949 on: October 15, 2014, 11:52:09 AM »

Hi Everyone  Smiley

I am a freelance game artist and have been working in the industry for 6 years. Here is my portfolio: http://dropr.com/elisetrinh

My friend and I are in the early stages of starting a studio and that is what brought me to the forums. She is an artist as well and together we have tons of professional experience working on the art side for facebook/pc/mobile games but we are newbies on the development side and we hope to gain lots of valuable knowledge here.

Cheers  Beer!
jagraybox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7950 on: October 15, 2014, 07:16:16 PM »

Hey guys. What's up.

I'm Joel Clark. I'm 1/3 of Pringo Dingo Games, a new indie studio working on a silly multiplayer game Paparazzi. The game got into Indiecade's 2014 E3 showcase, and had a small successful Kickstarter.

I've also got a number of different projects going, at various stages of development. I've been working a mobile platformer, Cole, that just hit Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1372199515/cole-a-game-about-coal?ref=category_popular
I've done a number of other small projects, you can check em out on my portfolio. www.jagraybox.com

Lastly, I graduated from USC recently from their Interactive Media & Games Division. Cool place all around! I'm from Manhattan, Kansas, play guitar and write music, and I'm a big Royals fan.

Hello & Cheers!

Joel
Woodsy Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7951 on: October 16, 2014, 08:39:49 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Jenny, and I am the designer/artist/composer/pretty much everything behind Woodsy Studio.  I design English language visual novels, which I realize is a bit of a niche but I'm hoping that we see more of the genre from studios around the world. Currently, I'm working primarily in Ren'py but I've recently been considering moving to a more versatile platform.

My first two games, Serafina's Saga and Quantum Conscience are both out on PC/Mac/Linux, and I'm releasing Quantum Conscience on Android today! Here's a screenshot:

Watch the trailer at:

Of course, I don't just make games, I play them, too.  While I'm looking forward to rewarding myself for finishing Quantum Conscience by picking up Shadows of Mordor, I'm looking to broaden my horizons into smaller titles like the ones I work on.  This seems to be the place to do it!

Cheers,

Jenny
http://www.woodsy-studio.com
jirip
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: October 16, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »

Hi, my name is Jiri P. from Czech Rep., and I would like to introduce me and my new android game.
I am working as a senior artist at small game studio in Prague.
I have 2 years old son Matyas and my game was originally created for him. He is my designer, and beta-tester. Smiley
Now I decided to release it for all toddlers because Matyas and neighbour's and friend's children really like it.

It's called "Cars Trains Airplanes for Kids".
This game quickly attracts toddler's attention during the day and helps them fall asleep in the evening.
The game contains interactive world, full of vehicles, colors, sound, etc.

You can check it here:

Cars Trains Airplanes for Kids
xeus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: October 16, 2014, 11:49:32 PM »

Hey there!

I'm a native android and Unity game developer. I go by the name 'Xeus'.

Here's my first game on the play store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swift_racer and here's the rest of my portfolio (android apps)https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Xeus

:-)
helfull
« Reply #7954 on: October 17, 2014, 01:28:41 AM »

Hey, my name is Sebastian K. i am from germany and would like to introduce myself.

I did start programming 10 years ago as i was 13 years old, since then i always had the need to program my own games, i did manage to write some games with PureBasic and TurboPascal.

Now i am working as a trainee for a Software company, in my free time i am working on my skills for game development.
In school we had started with C# and a project to free choose. Me and my school mates choose to programm a little game, called "BlockMuwer", its about a guy who needs to escape a dungeon. For a school project it was enought but for me and my mate it wasn't we did keep the project alive.

So i end up searching for a forum to post the game and get some feedback.

Right now i would say its just a Prototype but thats where you start right?

greatings

helfull
vieke
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: October 17, 2014, 08:33:07 AM »

I'm Randy Verschueren, i'm now around the internets as Vieke.
I'm an Illustrator / graphic & web designer from Belgium.

i'm so new too the indie scene it's ridiculous, this is literally my first day on a forum like this. in my quest for knowledge and inspiration, i was reading a book about Minecraft and Notch. it got my thinking that i never really tried on combining my two greatest passions. Illustration and games. This forum was mentioned a lot in the book, so i thought, why not start there and see where i get.

I'm 28 and i've been gaming ever since i can remember, starting with Super Mario Bros on the NES.
I still love the old classics way better then modern games, i specially have a hard time with lengthy tutorials and complex mechanics that you will forget if you leave the game alone for too long.
There are literally no games i enjoy at the moment, the last games that really did it for my in the last couple of years are:
Skyrim, Rogue Legacy, Minecraft, Ni No Kuni and (weird, i know) Sonic Racing.

I've been a console gamer mostly, basically because i've put my passion for design before my passion for gaming and have always been using Apple computers, and the scene for Mac's and games has improved, it is anything but ideal.

On my website viesign.com , you can find some of my work.
It's mostly vector work, but i do a lot of hand drawn stuff as well.
In my professional life i try to balance two jobs. One as a Allround multimedia designer for a company specialized in promotional gadgets and conceptual ideas and i'm also freelancing as an illustrator / t-shirt professional. Starting at this forum, i would love to get some expirience as a concept artist or game artist.

Lastly, i'd like to share my idea for a new type of game, or concept, it's a super simpel idea, but i don't think i have ever seen it somewhere.
The thing that frustrates me about games like Elder Scrolls or most games where you upgrade and get tougher, is that you get all the good stuff at the end of the game, thus by the time the credits roll, you have all the cool stuff and are one powerful player, but you can't do anything with that power because the game is finished. My idea would be to flip that idea. Start off as the most powerful thing you can be in the game, and instead of upgrading, you have to pick downgrades.

owyoow
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7956 on: October 17, 2014, 08:48:12 AM »

Hi,

My name is Juriën, I'm from The Netherlands, but live in Ireland. I have been programming on and off since I was about 10 years old. For a while I wanted to do animation but came back to programming and game development about 2 years ago. So I do mostly coding, but can also draw, model and animate a bit. At the moment I don't working in game development full time. I work on my game projects in my spare time.

I'm a big fan of the super mario and legend of zelda games.

I have just finished my first mobile game for iOS called Cave Flight. you can get it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cave-flight/id893249545?mt=8&uo=4
I did the programming and some of the modelling on For One Night Only. It has a playable demo but is still in development: http://www.indiedb.com/games/for-one-night-only

I have a few other projects up on my website: http://www.owyoow.com
thearrow416
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: October 17, 2014, 08:48:35 PM »

Hi everyone. My name is Ronakorn Yodjit and I am game designer and 3D artist from Thailand.
I love to read, watch and play video game in my spare time.
Currently, I working as a 3d artist doing 3d modeling, texturing, lighting and working on coding sometime.
I have been making games for a few years now, Here my portfolio link : https://vimeo.com/ronakorn

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Cheer!  Grin
Tosty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: October 18, 2014, 04:57:38 AM »

Hello all,

I am just getting into game development and decided to check out this forum. I code for iOS, but I am still kind of new. Looking to get some ideas and continue my learning experience here!
LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7959 on: October 18, 2014, 07:54:04 PM »

Seen this place a few times, decided to finally join.

Howdy, I go by LucasMaxBros. Like many, I'm a little game developer seeking comrades and help with game making. Not very old, only 20, but I've been remarked for my mature and kind nature. Not much of a guy to harp on things or make people feel bad. I criticize but I'm only here to help.

My main goal for this forum for the time being is getting some friends and attention to a game I've been working on since mid April this year. It's actually ready for Beta Testing, and I had an eaier version out previously, but that's a long story.

While young my first console was a SNES I got from my uncle. Had SMW, aLttP, StarFox, and even Super Empire Strikes Back! But my first game that truly got me into gaming was Pac-Man World 2. It was essentally my Super Mario 64, compared to many other kids childhoods.

That's all for now. If you want a little taste of what I've been working on, here's a pop: 

And here's my Twitter if you want updates. Don't worry, I don't post often, so I won't plug up your feed: https://twitter.com/LucasMaxBros   

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic