Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:41:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951330 times)
RespawnPlz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7980 on: October 23, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »

Hey guys! My name is Jarryd Connolly and I'm more or less a designer/concept artist.

For the past while I've been working with 6 other members of my dev team, Respawn Plz, in designing our very own First Person Shooter for our University degree. It's been a long haul, but we're now at the very end and have just released our full game to the public for free!

I originally got into doing art cause I liked anime and really liked that style. Nowadays I've switched over to doing landscape 'ish' concept art for our game RobotWars.

Anyways, see you guys around!
DakotaBailey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: October 23, 2014, 05:50:26 PM »

Hey there, my name is Dakota. I go by Ghost, GhostMachine2077, or Gh0stH4ck3R on games. I have a PS4, Wii U, and PC right now. I am here because I would like to make a simple yet challenging pixel/puzzle game. I am only able to do simple pixels but I am still practicing. I am requesting help with character design (Boy and Girl) and other things (animations, water, lava, character specifically.) My idea of the game is in a simple dark color scheme with items to collect and such, with the frame/border being a gameboy style surrounding. If you would like to help me please send me a message, it would be greatly appreciated, and I can pay when I can with what I can. I am trying to do this as a goal I have had for a long time, and I need the extra money sadly if I can make this a good game.
NeonFace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: October 24, 2014, 03:01:56 AM »

Hello!

I'm an aspiring game developer from Finland. I have been studying game development for 2 weeks. At school, we're using Unity. I made a small adventure game before that with Adventure Game Studio.

I wish to make different/artistic games without sacrificing the gameplay. Most of my ideas are 2D/Pixelated, but not all.

I'm interested in developing, storytelling, coding, audio design and music. I might end up focusing only on one or two aspects of game making though. Currently the only one I'm capable of is storytelling, and I have experience in songwriting and composing, but not any experience in using a music making software.
BatFastard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: October 24, 2014, 09:33:23 AM »

Hail fellows well met!

Somehow I just ran across these forums for the first time today. My lucky day, I can see that I have found a den for fellow passionate gamers. I love board games, card games, mind games, and computer games.

Programming is my passion. I have been making games for 14 years, programming, designing, architecting, and managing teams of programmers and artists. Sandbox 3D worlds are my specialty. 20 years previous to that I wrote commercial programs in C++, Java, Delphi, VB, Powerbuilder, and many other forgotten languages.

The last 3 years I have been using Flash and C# to write a new RPG MMO that I will put out for alpha testing soon.
Looking forward to interacting with a friendly community like this.

bob
Okam
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: October 24, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »

Hello everyone!
Here, in the Okam Team, we believe that free source and indie development are the future of gaming. That's why we have released our in-house engine, GODOT (www.godotengine.org), as open source technology.
We're currently having a kickstarter for one of our projects and one of our stretch goals is to release the template and tutorials for our adventure games for anyone to use. Help us make this dream come true and help us give back to the community the great things they give us! Here is the Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942343365/the-interactive-adventures-of-dog-mendonca-and-piz
Sirowl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: October 24, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »

Hello,

I have been lurking in this forum for nearly two years and now I finally managed to sign up (shame on me).
Currently I am a student and luckily we cover some aspects of game development in our study. We can freely choose our own projects (one per semester) and I have found some other people who are as passionate about video games as I am.

After some initial tryouts with XNA our first mentionable project was a small 2D-platformer named Don't Stop (can be downloaded for free here: Don't Stop) and now we work on our more 'serious' project HIVE21 (you can find it in my signature).

I already had a programming education so all I had to do is learn to use Unity and everything I can find about game development Wink

HIVE21 began as a study project but now it is far more to us and we are working on it as often as we can and hope to release it some day Smiley

Finally I'd like to thank all of you guys for many things I learned from this forum in the last years! I hope I can be a small part of this and some day help out some other people too.

HIVE21 [Squad-based Tactic]
Devlog | Website | Twitter
iMaple
Level 0

might ship a game later idk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7986 on: October 24, 2014, 04:39:47 PM »

Hello tigsourcers!

My name is Kai, I'm 17, I left school in order to attent the Games Academy in Berlin and graduated October 2014. You
can find more about me in a commercialized version on:

www.kaiwueest.com

Yeah, that's how die hard I am. Left school, crossed a border (I'm from the country with cheese and Schoggi) and posted my own name on the interwebs to make games. #thuglife

Looking forward to hear from you all!
huntermusicandtv
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7987 on: October 24, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »

Hello,

My name is Hunter Heidenreich. I'm a junior in high school and I'm currently working on my first big game. All I want to do with my life is make indie games so I'm extremely excited to finally get started with game creation.

You can check out my current main website, though that is about to get trashed and remodeled. www.huntermusicandtv.com/elemental-brawl

And so yeah, I'm really excited to join this forum and see what's up. If you are interested in my project, you can check it out here too: www.kickstarter.com/projects/621222258/elemental-brawl
ULFR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: October 25, 2014, 08:34:57 AM »

Hey my name is Alejandro Guerrero im a project director in Sukeban games (VA-11 Hall-A) im 24 years old, im a magical girl and i live in venezuela, i have been devving for years "Technically" but this is the only project i have been in that reached demo stage, feel free (i need) to give feedback, i can give advices on C# programming but, my main talent is 3d Modelling so if you ever need anything, hit me up !

and this is the new project, wich im on charge!

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=44111.0

hexdie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7989 on: October 25, 2014, 07:10:08 PM »

Hello! My name is Adam and I'm a relatively new game developer. I've made a couple of small games which you can find here: hexdie.itch.io

I've been a musician for about the last ten years and I've been into drawing for as long as I can remember. I got into programming in college and I actually graduated with a CS degree. I have been playing games as long as I can remember. I love games that offer exploration, fantastic aesthetics, a good sense of humor, or strange mechanics or subject matter. With those three hobbies combined with a love of gaming, I felt I definitely needed to get into game development.

Currently I'm working on a platformer called Dfragmente. It's a platformer inspired a little bit by Megaman and Mario. Here's a screenshot:

OneManBand
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7990 on: October 26, 2014, 02:08:35 AM »

Hello! My name is Max and I'm a indie developer. I like logic games and working on it.
Page on Play Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=One+Man+Band

My first game "Hard Logic"

kingPenguin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7991 on: October 26, 2014, 02:38:20 AM »

Hi,

I've been making games for almost a year now. Love every aspect of it: the art, programming, music, I love it all. Here's what going on at the moment:

Just released Zero G Golf on itch.io a little while ago. http://kingpenguin.itch.io/zero-g-golf

I've been working with Thorig (also on TIG) on Wormhunter for a while now. http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=42542.0

I'm working on a 4 player local shooter where you can switch gravity around called Rain Reverse at the moment.

And I have this little soccer side project called Super Sec Soccer.

majzim
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7992 on: October 26, 2014, 06:23:35 AM »

Hey!
I am Majid, an indie game dev/artist from Pakistan. Yeah, you read that right, PAKISTAN!  Mock Anger
Hopefully ill be posting a bunch of stuff that im doing these days, including a self inflicted 3 month long game jam!

shellbot
« Reply #7993 on: October 26, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »

Forgot to do this Tongue

My name is shellbot and this is actually my second account, my first account was years ago and riddled with teen angst, and it took damn near forever to get this accounts activation email.

Anyways, I make games, like this one
BadMemory
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: October 27, 2014, 01:21:47 AM »

Hi, my name's Asher and I'm a tech designer for a big, horrible commercial games company. I'm making my own game really just because that's what I like to do BUT ALSO for my own sanity. Really. It's really nothing more than a doodle in Unity right now but have a look anyway if you want www.ashereinhorn.com

Anyway totally blown away by some of the stuff that's being developed here. Looking forward to diving in!
addicted2Code
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7995 on: October 27, 2014, 03:10:03 AM »

Hi Everyone!!, My name is Errol. I have been playing video games for as long as I can remember (now 28 yrs old) and started programming at the age of 13 when I first decided I wanted to learn to make games.  Although I have understood the basics of game creation for a long time and even took some classes in college (University of Florida), I have only worked on small demos/prototypes.  I usually work on these in my spare time while not making mobile/web apps but now I am determined to change that.  I have really enjoyed reading these forums over the last few weeks and it is greatly motivating me to keep moving on my current project (will post more info about the project very soon).  Beer!
Jonsm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: October 27, 2014, 07:38:23 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name's Jon, and I'm a college student making games on the side...actually, just one game. I'm currently almost finished with my first game, Balls to the Walls. I'm really into to RPGs and platformers (I hope to make one one day); some of my favorite indie games are Cave Story (duh), Ripple Dot Zero, and Frogatto.

My devblog: jfsm.tumblr.com
codydboyce
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7997 on: October 27, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »

Hey fellow creatives!

The name's Cody Boyce, I'm a composer from Columbus, Ohio. Instead of reeling off a TON of info, I'll just say that I have a fresh mindset and optimistic spirit, and I'm ready to work on nearly any project! Traditional orchestral music is not my bag, but I'm familiar with most other genres (and still enjoy adding orchestral parts to my electronic scores).

I'd love to chat with anyone more directly on Twitter (www.twitter.com/luszid) or Skype (codydboyce).

Demo Reel: http://bit.ly/DemoReel2014
Bio/Site: www.musicevolved.net/cody

Peace!
Cody

Cody D. Boyce
Film & Game Composer
[email protected]
On Twitter @luszid
jscottmiller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: October 27, 2014, 01:21:08 PM »

Hello!

My name is Scott and I've been a professional software developer for about 10 years, mostly building consumer and business web applications. Ages ago I reviewed playstation, dreamcast, and gameboy games for a smallish gaming website.

My interests hover around games, game culture, programming languages, software development, and web technology. I first got into programming by playing around with QBASIC in DOS, editing Doom 2 with DeHackEd, and making small adventure games in ZZT, sharing my terrible work on AOL. Ever since using these tools, I've wanted to create something to make it easier for more people to make and share games of their own.

Recently, my partner Claire and I made good on that desire, leaving our development jobs to work on 1dash1.com full time. 1dash1 is a web-based community for creating games and showing off your work.

You can find me on twitter @jscottmiller. You can follow 1dash1 @1dash1app.
Philip Bak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7999 on: October 28, 2014, 02:52:50 AM »

Hello.
My name is Phil.
I grew up with a games programmer for a dad.
So I stood no chance of escape.
I finally came to realise this when I was 34.

I grew up in games.
Spent a good 10 years in the 'proper' industry after University.
For the last six years I've been writing my own game.
I like to think of it as my first.
I have eight more games to make before I die.

Thanks for having me.

Here is the trailer for my first game -

Here is a free open beta for my first game - http://www.desura.com/games/niinegamesbezier
Here is my website - http://niinegames.com
Here is my twitter - https://twitter.com/niinegames

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic