Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:55:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943417 times)
rogberth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: October 28, 2014, 07:07:14 AM »

Hi, I'm Rogberth and I've been interested in game making for more than 10 years now... time does go fast.

In that time, I've been playing around with all the RPG Makers first, and with my platform of choice: Game Maker. I've tried other stuff  like the java 3D API also.

I've also started a Computer Science degree that I'm about to finish that helped me a lot in order to design and code projects and also I've had a Spanish indie gaming theme blog for about a year, It had some success but writing about games was just not my thing. (If you are interested the blog is http://rinconindiegaming.blogspot.com.es/ although the last post is 4 years old)

I've just decided that it was about time to register myself in this forum, since I've been following projects here for a long time. I don't have any project planned so I wont show anything soon but hopefully I'll start something serious enough that is worth showing.

Friez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: October 29, 2014, 10:53:43 AM »

Hello people! I'm Andy from the UK. Originally best known for my work on Stepmania, I helped Chris Danford turn it from a straight up DDR clone into a rhythm-game engine. I had a spate of time where I worked in education, developing e-Learning apps for the School of Medicine at Southampton Uni and prior to that, solo developing VR educational games for a school with a VR suite.

These days I currently work full-time for a commercial mobile game developer. Games I've had a large involvement in include LEGO Hero Factory: Breakout, Hero Factory: Brain Attack, Hero Factory: Invasion From Below, LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles, LEGO Legends of Chima (Racer), Simon Scarrow's Cato & Macro Also had involvement with a plethora of other projects, LEGO or otherwise.

However, I've been working on my own little projects on the side for a good while now and I'm looking to make a good effort on something a bit meatier, which is well underway. Aside from game development, I'm a massive Japanophile, I'm learning Japanese as an ongoing thing and can't wait to get another opportunity to go over there to meet my friends again. I also produce / dj dance music (mainly UK hardcore) as a hobby, but that's taken a bit of a back seat recently as I've been getting busier and busier with things.

Twitter @friezdj
dodick
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: October 29, 2014, 07:13:17 PM »

Hello all,

my name is Dodick and I am a game developer from Indonesia.
Last year me and my friends are agreeing to create a game studio  Smiley

I am currently developing games in-between my full time job as a lecturer.
My vision is to build a sustainable game studio with my friends  Cheesy
tWayfarer
« Reply #8003 on: October 29, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »

I'm Way, Spacedog, or Frostdev.
I like making games.
Sup?
Liens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8004 on: October 30, 2014, 04:06:21 AM »

Hi my name is Matt I'm from New Zealand and I love games, all kinds of games, everywhere.

I went full time as an indie about a year ago, made a couple of apps didn't go so great now I'm trying my luck on Greenlight!

Best of luck everyone.

GameForward
Level 0

Just Two Friends Making Games

View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: October 30, 2014, 09:36:50 AM »

Hi everyone!

We are a small studio made up of 2 childhood friends that are based out of the Chicago Land Area & South Florida. We, like you, grew up on video games and have a dream of creating our own. We are new to TIG but hear this is the place to be to meet like minded devs who are also trying to make their dreams a reality. We are excited to join the TIG community, share our game, and get feedback from you as we embark on our first ever game development project, Zombie Byte!

Here is a screenshot of our game Zombie Byte!

To see more info on Zombie Byte! please check out our devlog here on TIG
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=44198.msg1078267#msg1078267

Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/ZombieByteGame

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:48:18 AM by GameForward » Logged
ElectricSeagull
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: October 30, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »

Hi everybody.
My name's Andrew, I'm from England, and I'm at the beginning of a hopefully wondrous, exciting and hopeful voyage into independent game development.
Many of my references are nearly as old as I am: my favourite games are Lemmings, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Mega Bomberman. I spent my early teens dreaming up game ideas and I even made one that became a cult hit for about five people at my school. But somewhere about the 100th IT lesson on how to use Microsoft Excel, I gave up on computers.
I graduated with a degree in Fine Art and, after long periods of unemployment and several casual jobs, I've landed a job as a shop assistant in a small end-of-the-line seaside town.
Apart from the odd game of FIFA, I'd not done much gaming since school days.
Bizarrely, it was the eBay bidding war on iPhones with Flappy Bird installed that renewed my interest.
"I made a game before ... I could make another one." I speculated.
"I could make millions!" I mused, " ... or at least millions of people angry."
And so I googled "how to program", "how to make a game", etc. and after saying hello to the world in several different languages, I went with Java and LibGDX, and I entered Ludum Dare and made something ... crap, but at least it was something.

And playing games like VVVVVV, Thomas was Alone, The Silent Age and Osmos really brought home to me how beautiful and exciting and engaging and thought provoking games can be. How much bigger they can make the world, what it can add up to.
And the idea that I can make something and someone can play it.
So that's why I'm here.
So there.

Gentleman
kshankin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8007 on: October 30, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Kyle Shankin, I have been working as a web developer for the past 2 years and was a network administrator before that.

Most importantly, I've been building two video games over that past few months and having a blast doing so!

I am always looking to meet new folks and help out anyone looking for it. So feel free to PM me for just about anything under the sun!

My first console was an NES that my brother,sister and I got for christmas one year. I grew up on Mario, Mega Man, Ninja Turtles, Sonic, Street Fighter, sports games, pokemon and a bunch more. I'm really looking forward to meeting other people who share the same passion that I do for video games!
macepoodle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8008 on: October 30, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »

Hello everyone

My name is Greg and I'm a character animator / technical artist. I've been dabbling in programing since I was a little kid but never really made a game of my own. Now in my mid 30's I've decided that the time has come. I am glad I found a place with people of the same interest. I've been lurking for a while and a lot of work on here has inspired me. I look forward to your creations and hope to finally be able to put something together myself.

-greg

paifu
Level 0

Paifu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8009 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:36 AM »

Hello I am Stephane Valverde alias Paifu,

French programmer living in Laos since 2008. An avid Roleplayer and Gamer, I've programming since I was 15 years old (1984!) on my old Amstrad CPC464, yup, the one with the tape recorder and the green screen...

I tried to publish in those times a program to write and stock cooking recipes, called Maryse without any success Smiley But I was proud of it because it was using the extended memory databanks of the CPC6128.

Later I became an Atari fan with an Atari 520ST, and wrote a cute bomberman clone called Miaoublast, only distributed to myself and some friends.

After some long studies in biology, and an ectic professional life in digital map making, and as webmaster I decided to come back to my first love, the programmation and dive in with unity and C#.

This passion never left me, and we created our own indie game compagny Agent Mega, with my wife miyu as graphic artist. We have now our first game Paper Dungeons present on Steam Early Access at the moment.

Paifu - Agent Mega
b3ryl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8010 on: October 31, 2014, 05:38:48 PM »

Hi!

My real name is Milosz and I'm still studying to become a games designer. Games have always been "my thing", even before I owned my own computer (I used to sneak out of the house to play on my cousin's Pentium rig, or my friend's NES). And once I discovered that not only you can play the games, but also make your own, I was sold. What followed was hundreds of hours spent in various level editors and other game creation tools (UnrealED, WorldBuilder, Hammer, UDK, countless more) with small gems appearing here and there to bring joy to my friends and family. You must know, however, that for a very long time, I did not believe making games was a viable career choice (my parents had a huge role in reinforcing that stereotype). But then I emigrated to the UK and found out they are actually doing university courses where they teach how to make games and enter the world of professional games development. And more than 3 years later, here I am, soon to enter the industry as a games designer Smiley

As I'm nearing my graduation, it started to dawn upon me that this is it - in a few months, I'm going to have to try and make a living making games. So, for a 3-week gaming challenge, together with a group of fellow students, we've decided to create a tiny, Halloween-themed game to "prove our worth" as games developers. Show the world what we're made of Wink What came out on the other end of this endeavour was a game called Spooky House of Terror. We've been met with positive feedback and in one of those conversations someone mentioned TIGSource as a platform for sharing your achievements, stories, projects and so on. And so I'm sitting here, writing up my life story to share with you guys Smiley

That's me in a nutshell Smiley
TigerMendoza
Level 0

What? Who? Where?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8011 on: November 01, 2014, 03:12:01 AM »

Hi!

I'm a musician / producer that also LOVES games. I grew up on C64 / Gameboy / SNES games (and their music) and more recently have become more and more intrigued by the whole indie gaming scene.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshel. Cheers!  Toast Right

Ian (TM)

sweeneyrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: November 01, 2014, 04:14:04 AM »

Hi! I'm Roddy MacSween, I'm from the UK. I've been making games as a hobby for 6 or so years, but I've only got one finished now. I'm a lot younger than everyone else here - the first console I played on was the Xbox!
Uber
Level 0

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8013 on: November 01, 2014, 01:58:02 PM »

Hello, I'm Uber, AKA Ryan Beltz.
I've had many incomplete projects, including a doom-style game, a horror game in unity3d, a platformer in mmf2, and much more.
I've been interested in game development since I was very young. Even though I'm still young, my progress in game making and such has improved quite a bit. My favorite genre of gaming is horror, mainly because I love getting scared.
I'm currently working on a text-based horror game, inspired by SCP Containment Breach, and the SCP foundation. It is called SCP Breakdown. I'll probably make a topic on it in the future.

Hi! I'm Roddy MacSween, I'm from the UK. I've been making games as a hobby for 6 or so years, but I've only got one finished now. I'm a lot younger than everyone else here - the first console I played on was the Xbox!
I might even be younger than you. (though the first console I played was the ps2)

Some have said they think I'm older than I actually am, but I don't believe it.

indie developer - codeuniversal
Hellfish
Level 0

Freelance Game Designer / Megagon Industries

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8014 on: November 02, 2014, 04:26:49 AM »

Hey there,

I am Hellfish aka Daniel. I am a third of Megagon Industries,  a small indie studio from Berlin and Nelson, B.C. We released our first game in may this year, a little iOS minimalist puzzle/arcade game called ... and then it rained, which was surprisingly successful. We're currently working on a new prototype for our next game (also a minimalist puzzle game). It's very nice to be a part of this amazing community. All the best and game on!

Hellfish

If you want to know more about the game:

trailer:

post mortem: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DanielHelbig/20140604/218870/_and_then_it_rained__a_bittersweet_success_story.php
app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/...-and-then-it-rained/id841446916

charactory
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: November 02, 2014, 05:19:11 AM »

Hello all,

My name is Colin and I'm just another hobbyist developer interested in game development. My main interests are word games, puzzle games, roguelikes, Java and libgdx. I have been working on a variant of the classic Snake game since August which I will be making more posts on. Smiley

Charactory (portmanteau for 'character' and 'factory') is the name for my game development effort.

My twitter account is https://twitter.com/charactory if anyone is interested in following me, which is probably close to zero right now. Haha.
suntemple
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8016 on: November 02, 2014, 10:39:24 AM »

Hello fellow devs,

I am a coder and a sound engineer behind these games: http://suntemple.co

I currently do JavaScript and AS3/HAXE game programming but I'm also well versed in C++ and PC game development (I did some contracted work in the past).

Good luck to ya all!

http://suntemple.co - HTML5, Mobile and Flash game developer
Tom Rijnbeek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8017 on: November 03, 2014, 05:53:54 AM »

404 is a good page to be on.

So let me introduce myself. My real name is Tom and I am mainly a programmer. My preferred language is C#, but I have worked with several languages as well. I also have some experience with web development. Designing things is not my biggest talent sadly, but by participating in game jams on a regular basis I am hoping to slowly improve that.

I am currently working on getting my Master degree in Game and Media Technology at Utrecht University in The Netherlands. I am in my final year, which consists exclusively of doing research. I am hoping to finish my small research project by the end of this month and then get started with my master thesis (oh boy...).

In the meanwhile I am also working on a game. A fellow student and me got together to start making a game and we added some more people to the team since the start. If I am not working on my research, I can often be found working on this game. We don't have a fixed release date yet, but we are hoping to release it on Steam some time in the next few months. The most accurate description we could come up with for our game is fast paced, crazy, over the top, space shoot-em-up with procedurally generated gameplay. Also: explosions. The game is called Roche Fusion and more info can be found on the website.

Right now I am slowly building my portfolio. I feel I am still relatively new to the field, but I am really eager to develop myself further, as there are so many interesting things to investigate about games only. If you want more information about me, you can check my personal website. If you want to keep in touch, my Twitter account is probably the easiest way to reach me and get regular updates and random thoughts about whatever I am working on: @tomrijnbeek.

I am looking forward sharing some thoughts and experiences with some fellow game developers. I don't know how much time I have to remain active on this community. I have been an administrator for a Dutch game development community for several years, very similar to this, but the amount of people that remained active wasn't large enough to justify the amount of invested time, especially considering a generally inactive team as well. Hopefully that will be better here. Cheers!
idiotgameperson
Level 0

idiot music nerd

View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: November 03, 2014, 08:47:31 AM »

Hi everyone! My real name is Tommy, I've been writing about video games for some time now, and have recently got into making music. I'd love to make music for indie games, and have really joined the forum to partake in the Audio sub. That's me in my avatar.

I've played games for as long as I can remember, I started on the Gameboy with Pokemon Yellow. I don't really favour a particular genre or anything. Honestly, most of my time is spent writing about games/making music with games in mind rather than playing them.

I think Harvest Moon on the GameCube had a huge influence on my vgm musical taste/aesthetic taste, as well as other Nintendo titles.

That's all really, I'd rather keep this short because I'd like to get back to dancing around my room listening to the Bravely Default OST.

If you'd like to follow me on twitter, you can - www.twitter.com/thetommyroberts. I'm also starting a new blog - www.idiotgameperson.tumblr.com, you'll be able to find my writing on music on there. I did have a blog called www.thetommyroberts.com which had a lot of video game writing on it, but I stupidly decided to stop paying for hosting, and lost all of my work on wordpress in the process (save your work somewhere else!) Mock Anger Mock Anger Mock Anger

just an idiot making game music and writing
KyleBatteson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: November 03, 2014, 11:29:18 AM »

Hey, my name's Kyle and I'm addicted to programming computers to make them move images around the screen when a user uses a keyboard and mouse.

I got into games when I was about 6. My uncle was a computer technician for IBM at the time. He was also a PC gamer and he would allow me to watch the games he played without my parents knowing.

My favourite games I was exposed to were: Fire and Ice, Evasive, Jazz Jackrabbit and WOLFENSTEIN 3D!

These games were probably some the best PC games at the time and that's when I became a gamer. Yes, I was 6 when I saw Wolfenstein 3D - that's how I was introduced to Nazis and Adolf Hitler. Later I discovered Doom, Doom2, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Redneck Rampage Quake, Quake 2, Unreal and Unreal Tournament. I've always loved action games that pits the lone wolf against
hundreds, if not thousands of enemies. I also liked the fast paced side of it as well. It's just a pity that I don't have as much time to play as I used to. That's the problem with having a job, family responsibilities and wanting to be a game developer.

By the age of 12 I decided I wanted to start designing my own games, although that only materialized 12 years later.

I thought action games were the only games that you could call games until I got a Playstation 1 in 1999. That's when I discovered Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fear Effect, Final Fantasy, Legend of Dragoon and Parasite Eve 2. I was introduced to fantasy/adventure as well as survival horror games. This was when I started to appreciate the story elements within games and how it would one day rival movies in the future. Well, look at the industry now. The Last of Us being a huge box-office hit in the gaming world and Destiny having a budget of over $500,000,000 to work with. 

For years I also envisioned designing open world survival horror games with zombies as the enemy threat from the time I first played Resident Evil. 11 years later, look what happens  Kiss

So that was the end of my dream of pioneering the open-world zombie survival horror scene. Maybe I'll still do a zombie game, but not now. So, I'm finally in 2014. I hardly play games as much anymore because I'm too addicted to writing my own games. I spent over 3 years writing an engine for a couple of games that I want to make. With the indiegame industry finally able to make a mark with any and all games that its community decides to put out, it is now my chance to do something as well.

As a lone developer, I learnt how to play music, specifically guitars in the hopes that I would become the next Metallica or Megadeth. Unfortunately, that didn't work out and instead put my music skills into creating my first batch of songs that will be used in my games instead.

Well, that's my story and thanks for having me.  Smiley 

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic