Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:28:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952108 times)
TheOZone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: November 03, 2014, 01:36:32 PM »

Hello everybody,

I'm Theo from Belgium. I'm currently in my first year in Computer Science but I have some experience in java already. I love playing and making games. I've already participated 2 times in Ludum Dare but both times I couldn't spend enough time on my entries, so they are quite unfinished. Anyway, I want to get into some bigger game projects and I will probably make a devlog on this forum. That's about it I hope you all like what I will be making.

See Ya!
tfmcmahon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8021 on: November 04, 2014, 08:02:16 AM »

Hey all, my name is Tim and I'm from Chicago, IL. I do photorealistic/hyperrealistic CG for my day job.

I've been working on indie games on and off for about the last 6 years on nights and weekends as a freelancer.  I've recently decided to try to make a project of my own. I'm working together with a programmer on a project called Blackfaun. It's an Action RPG dungeon crawler(tons more info about it our site, see my sig).

I'm hoping to get involved in the community as best I can! I'd love to hear from you - see you all around.

AndrewKennedy3D
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8022 on: November 04, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »

Hi! I'm Andrew Kennedy. I've browsed the forums a little before (love the dev log!) but never had any reason to be posting until now.

I'm a 3d lighting artist and hobbyist game developer. I used to teach game development with Unity at Purdue University and now I use that experience to do side projects, as well as game jams. I've been doing Ludum Dare for the last 2 years, and a few other game jams aside from that.

I'm currently working on polishing up a mobile game made in the Cardinal Game Jam by myself and a friend. Once it's finished, we'll be releasing it for free. It's our first real game release so we're super excited to share it with everyone!

Twitter: @andrew_jk
projectboon
« Reply #8023 on: November 04, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »

Hi.

I'm a college student, and I make a game each month. I want to learn to make game as much as I can from you guys, and I also share what I've learned as a developer.
Ryuza
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8024 on: November 04, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »

Greetings! I'm Zach (or Ryuza) from Michigan, I mostly work with pixel art but I occasionally do a bit of 3D work. I'm also a bit of a programmer so I use what I know to work on small games. Up until earlier this year I had been busy doing art for a project that ended up going on hiatus so now I'm working on my own stuff with the occasional help of some friends.

I'm a big fan of platformers so that's the main thing I tend to work on. At the moment I'm working on a small platformer called Arctic Escape that started out as an entry for the Monster Mash Game Jam earlier this year. I keep a dev log on tumblr but I come on here now and then and I figured it might be fun to post a log here as well to get more feedback. Smiley

I'm looking forward to getting some feedback and seeing some cool projects! :D
Josias Jose
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8025 on: November 05, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »

Hi!

I'm a Computer Science student leaving university to start to work full-time creating games(already done it part-time), being a programmer/game designer. I also delve once in a while into SFX, but still have to learn and use properly Milkytracker - yes, pixels and few-bit sounds are my favorites - but NO, don't have any graphic talent :p. Ironically, what brought me in the long road to be a game designer was specifically an old program to create animated icons...

My interesses in Game Development are the use of games in education - specially learning with the mistakes made at the start of the cycle of discovery of a new technology/way-of-doing-things, so the creation of the news educational games/Serious games/games in general can be better and help the lives of who will play them in the future; also roguelikes and puzzle games.

I'm working now in two games with a team of friends, and hope to tell and show more about their development in the near future in the forums. Hoping to learn and help as much as i can here!
daviderosa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: November 06, 2014, 03:17:31 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is David Erosa and I'm an independent game developer from Spain that started as a hobbyist 3 years ago participating on game jams like Ludum Dare. One of those jam games turned out to be pretty fun an decided to polish it and make a full game. That game is now Soccertron, which is on Greenlight now.

El Jay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: November 06, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »

They used to call me CosMind, now they call me El Jay.  Different name, same old game.  I've been super quiet for the past few years, mostly because I've been making, making, making stuff.  I'm back to start checking out what all of you have been making, making, making (dang, I've missed it!).

Well, I'm at it again:  Making video games that help raise money for charity.  And I'll keep doing it until my hands no longer function.

One of my past games that you might remember is Glum Buster:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=5951.0
(Raised some good money for Starlight Children's charity!)

Anyhow, this is me, all up IN YOUR FACE and huge-like:
fatBread
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: November 06, 2014, 11:41:49 AM »

Hi everyone!
My name is Miguel and I'm an aspiring game developer from Lisbon,Portugal.
I'm currently studying Computer Engineering while at the same time trying to figure out how to make games. I've released a simple Android game that I made with a friend called Throw That Yarn. We used Unity and that's pretty much the engine I'm focusing for the time being.

Currently I'm doing a simple shoot 'em up for Android that I've started and stopped a couple of times. I really want to focus on it and try to finish it to move on to other projects/ideas. In the mean time I'll be here trying to learn as much as I can.
Ylzor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: November 06, 2014, 02:07:41 PM »

Hi everyone! Name's Mickaël, from France.

Not sure how to describe myself since compared to some of you I can't be called a programmer, an artist or anything, really. I mostly played around with RPG Maker XP, and moved on to Game Maker Studio when I got tired of the limitations of RPG Maker. I tried some other engines, but I couldn't understand them at all since my coding skills are very limited. I'm still happy with what I can do with an engine like Game Maker though, and I'm learning new things every day!

I've grown up with games, and my dream always was to make a game. I have a few favorite games, but I'm sure some of them wouldn't be so good if I had to play them again nowadays.

Jak and Daxter is one of my favorite games of all time. This is also, in my opinion, the best game on the PS2. The controls were great, it looked fantastic, and those animations were just stunning. Some parts were kind of annoying and I really dislike what happened to the franchise after this one, but oh well.

Vandal Hearts. Oh boy, this game. People generally hate me for saying this, but I truly think this game is by far superior to any other tactical RPG. I'd love to see a game like this again, but sadly I hated Vandal Hearts 2 and the latest on PS360. One of my favorite games of all time, and it won't change. Ever.

I spent many, many years playing Quake 3 Arena. Now I probably suck horribly at this game, but at some point I played only one game, and it's this one. I actually played a mod, Rocket Arena 3, which was just fantastic. I still remember playing with picmip mode on (look for Quake 3 picmip on google, it's... beautiful!). So many memories with this game...!

As a kid I both loved and hated Klonoa. Back then I was really terrible at games, so I raged a lot and ended up giving up on the last boss. I think I cried at some point, too. :D I finally beat it a few years ago, and I think it's a really good game. I guess I'm mainly talking about Klonoa because I have a lot of memories of it, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I never played Klonoa 2 or the one on GBA though. I should try them out. The game has been remade for the Nintendo Wii.

The last one I'll mention is Baldur's Gate, a game I only recently finished. I started this game back when I was a kid. For some reason I was really attracted to this game thanks to the dialogs and the combat system. This all seemed so interesting and new to me that I had to try it. So after stealing the game from my brother (shh!), I discovered an amazing game with rules I didn't understand (as a kid, understanding what THAC0 even means is... difficult, yeah). I ended up giving up several times, always thinking "I'll beat you next time!". I finally did it, and I'm glad I did. It just took about 15 years. Tongue It's also thanks to this game that I discovered Icewind Dale, which I'm actually playing now. I still have to finish this one, and the next one. And Baldur's Gate 2. Oh my, how many hours will that take...

There are still many others, like the Final Fantasy games on the first Playstation and other games on the PC. Sadly I never had a SNES, so as ashamed as I am to say it, I've never actually played games that are considered as masterpieces such as Super Metroid, Contra, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3, and a lot more. Now that they're coming back to the Virtual Console on Nintendo consoles, I'll be able to finally play them though. But there are so many good games coming out every single day that I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever have time to play those old classics.

Anyway, glad to meet you all! Smiley

Voodoo Cactus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8030 on: November 08, 2014, 10:19:26 AM »

Hi All! I'm Laurent from Spain (though I'm a French native speaker).

Have to say that I'm really exited to join this forum and hope to meet dev/artists/game enthusiasts and share as much as possible.

I newly founded my indie studio Voodoo Cactus so there's not that much to say about but just to let you know that I'm an indie and retro gaming fan and addict to coding games (mostly C++ & Lua)... oh, and yes, that our first game is coming soon.  Finally in case you'd like to get in touch you can join me on twitter @laurentzubiaur and check our first game trailer :D

Bye!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:41:01 AM by Voodoo Cactus » Logged
Matthew Rayfield
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8031 on: November 08, 2014, 03:01:03 PM »

Heyo all! My name is Matt.

I'm a web and iOS developer from Tampa FL USA.

My goal in life is to make a lot of stuff that I think is cool. Hopefully with the byproduct that other people enjoy some of what I make as well.

This year I've been doing a daily drawing at http://800x600x365.com

I'm also currently working on a game (or two), and will be starting up a devlog very soon!

It's a pleasure to be here, I see a lot of people working on awesome and inspiring stuff!

Dank3yKang
Level 0

I make games n shiet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8032 on: November 08, 2014, 08:05:09 PM »

Yo, I'm Alex.

I'm a (everything) developer from Toronto, ON. I learned to code by making games and now I want to do it for my career. My largest project to date is the Donkey Kong Country fangame I made near the end of high school:
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/159275-donkey-kong-country-4---the-dk-bay

I made that game without knowing what a function was, which simply put, was hell. I decided to go to university to study computer science and have been fairly silent from the indie game world for the last few years. 4.5 years and 5 internships later, I'm now graduating and trying to make my way into the industry that convinced me to learn programming in the first place. Currently working on my first (of many) masterpieces which I hope to release on Steam and any console platform which I am able to support.

Obligatory link to my blog: http://pebblesgames.com
@AlexPennells

Zamaroht
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8033 on: November 09, 2014, 02:58:44 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Nicolas, I'm 22 from Argentina.
I basically grew up playing games, from a NES, trough a Sega, a PS1 and finally a PC (which I never abandoned since then!).
Back in the day when I recently got a PC, I used to have an habit of opening every single file I came across with notepad, hoping to find something  Durr...?
What a surprise it was, when I opened a GTA Vice City file which stored all the vehicles' stats in plain text! And I could edit that and see the changes ingame. That experience definitely changed my life forever.

From then on, I got interested in game development. I made a few different stuff with RPG Maker for a few years (I was 14 or so back then) and got interested in programming. After a while, I moved to the sa-mp community (a GTA online multiplayer mod, which had an API that allowed to script very different kinds of gameplay). That is the place where I definitely learned to code, and made me go to study Computer's Science at the uni.

About 5 years passed since then, and due to a lack of time I didn't get into any other personal project.
It was something really big that was lacking in my life, something that I needed to do.
I decided to abandon university (even although I'm mid-way of finishing) to dedicate my free time to make myself happy, by making games again Smiley Hopefully managing to make a living from it and quitting my job to dedicate full time to this.

I'm currently working on a mobile spaceships shooter game, with an open world and adaptive difficulty.

I'm maintaining a devlog at www.zamaroht.com, so feel free to come by and say hi!

Greetings  Beer!

QuantumForge
Level 0

Quantum Forge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8034 on: November 09, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »

Hi Derek, hey all, my name is Glenn and I'm the co-founder of Quantum Forge. I grew up in Southern California where I had the opportunity to play a majority of consoles and their games. I found myself swept up in the action of Streets of Rage 2

And I spent hours traveling the different storyline paths and army configurations in Ogrebattle64

When you play a lot of games, there are always ones you regret to mention. I have always had a passion for videogames, and once I began development on our first game Sol Avenger, I knew it is something I want to do with my life. Sol Avenger is a 3D sandbox space shooter. We were inspired by the joyful memories of playing Starfox 64

and felt that we should bring this kind of fun to mobile, but without the "rails" that restrict movement and our own creative ideas.

Sol Avenger is set in a time where a united Earth begins to colonize the solar system. You can choose between a male and female pilot, and both happen to be far from Earth when crafts of unknown origin lay siege to our precious blue ball, and one by one the rest of the planets in our solar system fall under Bivalvian alien control. Your pilot will explore the sandbox world of Sol Avenger. Do the storyline at your leisure and when you are on the go, you can enjoy all the expansive universe has to offer.

So we have done a lot of research about the best times to release a kickstarter and we have decided on early 2015, in February. Depending on how well we do, the game will be released at some time that year. The game certainly is in alpha and it plays really well both on pc and out Galaxy phones. One of the really promising aspects is it is already fun to us, as well as other gamers we have let play it.

So this will the first post of many. We are really excited to see the community interest and get people to take a look at Sol Avenger. Check us out on IndieDB and our website QuantumForgeGames.com . You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:09:07 PM by QuantumForge » Logged

We are a group of dedicated game developers who care about creating quality games for gamers. Founded in Southern California, we are Quantum Forge. This fresh Indie game company with big dreams, and with our team, our friendship and passion drives innovation.
XN-Blank
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8035 on: November 10, 2014, 06:54:15 AM »

Hi there! My name is XN-Blank. You may call me Blank (Unless someone else here goes by that). I am new to the indie game making market, and I am currently working on my first project. I got into gaming when I was around 6 years old, when I got my first Nintendo 64. My first game was Super Mario 64, and I enjoyed playing that endlessly throughout the day.

I was also introduced to a Playstation when I was young, and one of my favourite (ever) games is Final Fantasy Tactics. It has an amazing story, great gameplay and really awesome characters (even if the original translation was whack XD) It is still, today, one of my favourite games of all time, and I have beaten it over 50 times now.

A little more about me. I'm an artist, and draw quite frequently. (Like my profile picture). I also enjoy spriting and programming. Writing stories is my one downfall sadly. ^^;

So yeah. That's me. :D
RyanWorlds
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8036 on: November 10, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »

HEY EVERYONE! I'm really excited to finally kick myself in the ass hard enough to get the motivation to make a game!

I created an account on the TIG Forums a while ago and have been lurking on and off. Just a week ago I started developing my first game which is a flash-based, top down, arcade-y, cartoon-style, scientific animal testing simulator, that isn't actually a simulator. Because I'm lazy, I'll just paste what I posted on my new website today and then post links to various ways to reach me. Btw, I am VERY open and outgoing. Please do not feel nervous about reaching out to me even on things like Skype, Steam, Twitter, etc. TALK TO ME PLEASE! We can fight this fight together. Now, below you'll see my ways to contact me and my little bio/motivational speech.

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Ryan_Worlds
STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033364458
EMAIL: [email protected]

I am a husband, a student, and another person that punches the clock to survive.

I was raised by a United States Air Force pilot and an elementary school teacher. As a kid, I used to live on Air Force bases and regular, old, suburban neighborhoods. My physical environments and discoveries in my outdoors, movies, books, and video games always gave me a creative knack for noticing bizarre details that most likely flew over the heads of other people. I could watch something as a small kid and have it affect me in ways that would leave others scratching their heads.

Exploration has always been my hobby that I was never able to truly participate in. Not that I haven’t been able to, it’s just not as realistic of a thing for a suburban kid to do. At least that’s my excuse. However, like most kids, I found ways to be imaginative and make believe I was in all sorts of places while growing up. My bike was always a motorcycle or a horse. Sticks were always guns or swords. Pine cones were never not a hand grenade.

Basically, I have always been in my own little world. It sounds like fun, and it is, but sometimes it has come back to bite me in the ass. Being creative can sometimes make a kid wander off and not do well in the things that people call “important” like school work. My Mom used to receive phone calls or hear in the parent teacher conferences that I was always a “sweet kid, just don’t know how to pay attention”. I’ve always needed more motivation than the average person. That’s the purpose of the online environment I have created for myself.

I want to create games. I believe that the main source of my creativity has come from games. Where I couldn’t explore caves and dungeons in my neighborhood, I could do so in Hyrule or the Myst island when I was only 5 years old. Where I couldn’t fight onslaughts of zombies or high-tech Nazis in the real world, I could do so in Raccoon City or Castle Wolfenstein. Where I couldn’t gain creativity from my actual, physical environment, I made up for with video games, these beautiful, underrated, mathematical, pieces of art.

You've made it this far, so please, if you still have any interest in me or my work, contact me! Who knows, maybe we'll be developing something together in the future?
AndrewCampbell
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: November 10, 2014, 01:41:39 PM »

Hello, my name is Andrew Campbell.

Basically I grew up liking video games from a distance until I turned six. My uncle gave my family our first gaming console; a Sega Genesis. I instantly fell in love with it and later Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario.

I'm an Indie developer and mostly like multiplayer games that allow fighting in a team; such as Uncharted, SSBB, Warhawk, and CoD (although I still love platformers ,  My favorite game designer is Shigeru Miyamoto (  Tongue ) followed by Jason Rubin.
Copywright
Level 0

Vague Katti Wielder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8038 on: November 10, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »

i was a pretty heavy lurker here for a long period of time, just learning about game development and programming overall. i tried to be semi-active at one time, but I think it became increasingly evident the lack of focus/effort I was truly committing to it.

anyway, I guess that's my way of thanking the community overall, since it was the thing set me on this journey in the first place.

uhhh, i'm not about to put a blog entry here, but being places like here and /r/gamedev or even steam was great for me to be familiar and comfortable with programming and indie or even programming culture overall. especially looking back at my old posts on here, it's great i picked up 90% of the people the forum don't give a shit about your academic diction.

but anyway, since that post, I'm in a web development training program with a guaranteed junior position, which i'm still in, all because the users with green bars >3 were behind some crazy plan I cooked up. granted, I probably would have anyway, i like to think of that event as a catalyst. nonetheless, i'm now out on my own while I'm in school with a good amount of time to dedicate to all types of development overall. but, I definetely plan to do a hybrid of my original (in hindsight, very shitty) plan to doing tutorials, game jams, reading books, etc. most importantly just sitting down and actually finishing something cohesive alone.

i feel my program is doing a great job of giving me compact but comprehensive education that goes lower level beyond "here's Ruby on Rails, memorize how to do these things and you'll probably work somewhere, albiet a little while". which I found has definitely made it easier to return from Ruby/JS back to C# w/ Unity (or recently re-investigating MonoGame/XNA) and game development in general and feel better equipped to make progress.

so, i figure now's the best time to actually be productive in becoming active here and have (some sort of) support system while I actually put serious amount of effort and focus to getting better and honestly having fun.

i wonder if i should join the irc, but i'm not sure. i used to be pretty active on forums in my (not very far) day, established forum ircs usually dont take kindly to newcomers. plenty of boxout conversations or plain non-acknowledgement. not that I've never been guilty of that on same channels.

okay, no more spiraling. looking forward to being here.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #8039 on: November 10, 2014, 07:15:15 PM »

the irc is p chill
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:43:00 PM by Dragonmaw » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic