Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:52:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951420 times)
atmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8040 on: November 11, 2014, 12:05:19 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Nelson and I am from Bulgaria.

I was born in the early 80's and for obvious reasons most of my favorite games are form around that time. Games such as:

Popeye

Double Dragon

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Shinobi 3

Cadillac and Dinosaurs

Street Fighter II

I still remember fondly when a friend of mine showed me a Gameboy with Double Dragon for the first time. Good times. After that everything was clear to me, I wanted to make those games.

And here I am, more than 10 years in making them. I have worked on projects like the latest Tropico games and the first Bioshock. I am a lead character artist at a local studio based in Sofia

As of now, I am working on my first indie title No More Probes
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:17:32 AM by atmos » Logged

Snowstorm
Level 0

It's supposed to be pixel art, but whatever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8041 on: November 11, 2014, 11:57:13 AM »

My name is Craig, and I've grown up my whole life around video games and computers. I remember playing games like Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie as early as 4 years old (I was never that good at them). From a young age, I knew I wanted to do something with computers as a career.

Many years ago, late at night, I was browsing around the system files of my computer and found a folder titled "Game_Maker6". I was intrigued, so I opened it and booted up the software.

Ever since that night, I've been learning how to create games with it, purchasing every new version of GameMaker, making games on and off and under many different aliases. IIRC, I recreated Pong as my first game. It was early 2014 that I decided to take game development seriously, and I created my newest persona "Snowstorm".

Craig
Snowstorm
heyguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: November 12, 2014, 04:49:56 AM »

Hey all,

My name is Jeff. Like many people on here, I grew up with games! I remember playing my cousin's NES at a very young age and eventually getting my very own system, the Game Boy! I joined this site to talk general gaming, get critique on my artwork, admire other peoples artwork, talk game design, check out other people's amazing games, network with other game developers, miscellaneous whatevers and when I create my own game, get feedback on it, haha!

I love all kinds of games but I tend to stay away from fighting, racing and sports games. When I was a kid, I loved games for the fun and entertainment aspects but nowadays I really love games for the immersion and storytelling aspects. I love how the Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind makes me feel like I'm in a alien but believable world. Or how Amnesia puts me scares the pants off of me in a Victorian Mansion/Castle. My favorite types of games are RPG games, especially open world, choice based RPGs. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Dues Ex, The Witcher, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Persona, Fallout, Everquest, Fable, etc are all some of my favorite games. I also love great narrative driven games like Metal Gear Solid, GTA, and Red Dead Redemption. I'm also a big fan of tactical shooters like Insurgeny, Red Orchestra, ARMA and others. Recently, I've gotten I've sought out and gotten into the old school pc rpgs I just never played when I was young. I was an 80's console kid. I'm really loving Ultima 7 and I'll probably pick up Ultima 6 when it's on sale on GOG. Also bought Baldur's Gate, Divine Divinity and Planescape Torment on GOG!

I've got experience in 3d modeling, texturing, some digital painting, and traditional painting. I can't code but I'm trying to learn Java. I recently learned more about game making tools and decided to experiment with Construct 2 too.

Jeff
Gord10
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8043 on: November 12, 2014, 10:39:22 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Ahmet Kamil Keleş. I'm 26 years old and Turkish, I have been developing games since I was a teen.

I worked on numerous freeware/commercial titles. I see Lost in the Nightmare as my magnum opus so far. It's a horror/adventure game originally released in 2005.

Now I am leading my own indie game studio, Aslan Game Studio. Our big project is Pawn of the Dead, a chess variant with 3D graphics and modified chess rules.

As a computer engineer, my main role in projects is programming.
ManaVoid Entertainment
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: November 12, 2014, 10:48:06 AM »

My name is Chris Chancey, I am the CoFounder of ManaVoid Entertainment, we've got a game on Kickstarter right now called Epic Manager: Create your own Adventuring Agency! (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1106152318/epic-manager-create-your-own-adventuring-agency/messages/8368768)

I do game design, programming, writing and basically anything that isn't art in video game development. Wink

Glad to be a part of these forums,

Cheers!

- Chancey, CoFounder of ManaVoid Entertainment
Snails
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8045 on: November 12, 2014, 02:58:15 PM »

Hi all, we're Marie-Josée and Julien from a small indie dev company called "Snails Animation", based in Québec. We both studied in 2D animation in college and that's also where we met. In 2005 after college we decided to start our own business which was at first supposed to be more oriented on animation services for websites or publicities.. but our real passion was video games so we then started to learn how to make games in Flash (since we already knew how to draw an animate with that program).

Our most popular games are probably our Mesiria RPG series. In 2007, after our second game (Mesiria Chp 2, a free browser-based Flash game), we received a sponsorship offer which got us thinking that maybe we could do this for a living. So that's how it all started for us!

Been making dozens or free online games and mobile-mini games since then. So far all our games were made in Flash, but we might take a look at other programs that can offer more versatility, like Unity, for future games. Our most recent title is called "Castle", a pretty unique action-puzzle game and it's also our very first PC download game.

We started playing games back in the Atari days and it has always been a passion.

Julien's favorite video games: Heroes of Might and Magic III, Advance Wars, Battlefield 2/BC2, Most of Nintendo's IP (Zelda, Mario, Picmin, Metroid, Mario Kart, F-Zero), Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Uncharted Waters, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, and many many others!

Marie-Josée favorite video games: Super Mario Bros (all-time fav Mario 3 on the NES), Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart.

Well, I think that's sums it up pretty much! Smiley
Kouryu
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: November 12, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Armando and I'm from Texas. I'm a software engineer that specializes in building static analysis tools (quite far from game programming I know). Growing up with an NES is what set me on this course of becoming a programmer so that I could eventually make a game. I don't know too much about game programming but that's pretty much why I'm joining everyone here! I'm also usually a hermit when it comes to the internet so I'm definitely out of my comfort zone here but I'll try to make it a point to contribute however I can!
dorf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: November 13, 2014, 04:37:11 AM »

Hello, my name is John and I've recently began developing games for the general public.

I'm more into action games of all types, but I also love strategy games and toy games.
I hope to make games that are fun for people and don't exist yet. If someone will comment on my game as being a "clone" of some other game, then I know I'm doing something wrong!

Well, that's all for now, but you should be seeing more of me around 'ere parts! Smiley
JohnnyOstad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8048 on: November 13, 2014, 01:58:21 PM »

Hello.
My name is Johnny Ostad and I have been playing around with Gamemaker Engine since 2010. My goal is simple. Write a story and tell it in as many ways possible.
The first chapter of my story is Raiders League: Heroes Island, after that i will work on sequels, prequels, spinoffs and I will even expand the story to other forms of media such as novels, graphic novels, motion picture films, etc.

If you are interested in my projects follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/JohnnyOstad

Thank you for reading.

Check out my game: http://shalnorlegends.com
Aktion
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: November 14, 2014, 05:28:24 AM »

Hi there!  This is Alexey Menshikov, im founder of Beatshapers Ltd, Ukraine-based independent developer. As typical USSR grown kid I had ZX Spectrum in school and used it to play games, create first graphics game and various visuals. During university time I took part in the demoscene (some really old productions)

At that time I've had a pleasure to choose what I want to do: graphics or sound, they are both my passion and since it was a shortage of sound guys, I dive into audio.
Officialy my first job was Audio Engineer at Sound designer at Action Forms Ltd, they just finished Chasm The Rift and worked on Carnivores series, than Duke Nukem: Endangered Species (cancelled), Vivisector: Beast Within and Cryostasis.
As an engineer, I had a pet project started in 2000, delaydots - its audio software plugins ive create for internal use and than decided to have a one man company. The project was sold to Little Endian , they are still working on plugins.

After that, ive formed Beatshapers, aiming bringing cool indie games to consoles, so far we ported to PlayStation and published 20 indie games, most notable are BreakQuest, Carnivores, Enigmo, Jetpack Joyride, Canabalt and more.
Our games or games we presented was a IGF and Indicade finalists several times.

Nowadays we are focusing on own IP for PC/Consoles and Mobile and still very independent Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Left .
Golesy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: November 14, 2014, 11:19:24 AM »

Id love to read all of these but we got games to make haha!

But hello! My name is Matt Goles! Im in Ontario Canada and I make games! I started getting interested at the age of 9 when my dad brought home blender 2.10 ( so old) and i started playing with its game engine. Now I'm 23 and jsut about finished my first legitimate project Attack of the Labyrinth!

this here is my website, still needs some work but its coming together. (please dont look at the mobile version, its broken badly!)

http://timedropstudios.com/

Happy developing!
nupixo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: November 14, 2014, 02:14:41 PM »

Hi everyone,
My name's Minh Ta and I've been making things since I can remember. I'm guessing it started with my Lego set. Then in school I started making films. From there I switched over to making websites for a living. And now, making games has been my passion.

I've made a few (3) Flash Web games which are Shadow of the Ninja 1 and 2, and most recently Facility Z.

My indie studio is called Nupixo and I'm now working on my biggest game, a point and click adventure game called Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders.

I'll be posting more about it here shortly but you can also find info on www.detectivedi.com.

Thanks for reading!
efge
Level 0

No Zombies, no stars, no careers, no bananas.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8052 on: November 14, 2014, 02:26:33 PM »

Hi, I am Frank.
Game developer based in Munich, Germany founded in 2012. Before starting a game company I was responsible for the design and realization of virtual worlds for driving simulators and entertainment systems, e.g. Volkswagen Virtual Testdrive and MAN Truckrace.

Releases: CABS VS. HELICOPTER (Ouya) and O'ZAPFT IS!, MOON RACE and HIGHWAY RUN (all iOS) - all unsuccessful  Cry

Links:
Flauchers Finest
Twitter
Facebook

Actual project:
J.A.R.G. - Just Another Racing Game
Devlog
Twitter
Facebook

Cheers,
FF

TheMoonwalls
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: November 16, 2014, 04:24:07 AM »

Hi!
My name is Marcin, and I'm an indie game developer from Poland. I used to make games for iOS, and Mac, but my newest game - Bohemian Killing will be available for Windows, and Linux as well.
I use Unity game engine.

If you have any questions just drop me a pm.

Have a great day!
Marcin.
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8054 on: November 16, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »

Hey there! Smiley

I've been lurking these forums for a couple months (specifically the pixel art thread) and so I decided to join you guys

I'm a 15 year old highschool student and I love to make pixel art! Once I graduate I wish to get a job in the industry or make my own indie game. I've been playing games since I was very little and I still love them to this day. My first videogame was Spyro 2 Season of Flame for the GBA, and I was so little I didn't know how to read english! As my parents kept buying me videogames, I learned how to read english in order to continue playing them!

When I was about 9 years old I found out about Game Maker and I decided to play around with it so I could learn how to make games. All of my experience with that has taken me to this day as I'm still learning how to make games and do pixel art

Around here I'll try to show some of my pixel art work and maybe some of my game projects. I've tried making several game projects although I never finish any of them, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon and I'll manage to finish one!

I'll see you around! Coffee

Micha.Stettler
« Reply #8055 on: November 16, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »

Hello! My name is Micha Stettler.
I'm a software engineer from Solothurn, Switzerland. I have beeg working on a game called Nimbatus for about 1.5 years now.
Some of you might've already seen it on IndieDB or the unity forums.

If you are interested I will start a thread for Nimbatus on the TigSource forums aswell in order to tell you more about the game and share some interesting coding ideas with you Smiley

Cheers, Micha.
scribbler_jones
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: November 16, 2014, 04:32:52 PM »

Salutations, all!

I go by Scribbler Jones. Among other things, I am a lover of video games - especially the ones from back in the day. It started when my dad taught me how to play Super Mario Bros. when I was four. I love to play video games, watch them be played, learn about them - and recently started to realize that childhood dream so many of us have when we play them: making video games! I'm currently working on a project that's been in my head since I was maybe ten years old. It's rougher than sandpaper - still in virtual infancy, basically - so I don't have much media to share for it, but that will change in the upcoming months!

I found out about TIGSource from watching some videos on YouTube that introduced me to indie games in general and a few particular titles that grabbed my interest so far (Tiny Wizard, Vagante, Elysis and Eitr, to name a few!) So... here I am! Always on the lookout for more of these awesome titles to follow and support, to learn more about the indie game community, and to eventually promote my game!

As well, I'm an aspiring freelance writer. If anyone wants written media for their projects, please feel free to let me know! Since I'm starting out, I'm looking more to build a portfolio at this point, so I'm interested in doing pro bono work for anyone interested. Thanks!

And that's it for me so far! I look forward to seeing more amazing games be created - and to be part of this awesome universe!
hnin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: November 17, 2014, 06:05:45 AM »

Hi everyone! I'm Hnin - I'm in charge of the marketing activities for a mobile games company in Geneva, Switzerland called EverdreamSoft. Our latest project is Spells of Genesis (http://www.spellsofgenesis.com) - a trading card/arcade game that will accept the bitcoin and has a storyline based on it.
idymgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8058 on: November 17, 2014, 11:15:46 AM »

Hallo hallo,

I'm Chloe, production assistant at http://idymgames.com/ I Drink Your Milkshake productions, it's a small but growing Indie Game company based in Bristol and working on our first game for PC!
You can find me playing Minecraft, Fez, Zelda, Don't Starve and I'm also a sucker for 2D games like javel-ein, famaze things like that XD The first game I watched (too small to play) was Commander Keen and another game based on the Dilbert comics!
Then when I could play I did and moved on to AOE, Jazz Jack Rabbit, and other Dos Box games, I didn't have much of a chance to play many games as was never allowed a gameboy or anything of the sort, but it didn't squash my enthusiasm clearly  Wink
I wear specs, a minecraft diamond, write the blog for our site, keep things ship shape and drink a lot of coffee.
I'm here to meet new indie games people and hopefully share our progress with you too!
Here's the blog too for your perusal:http://shadowonearth.idymgames.com/
Nice to meet you and have a great day/night where ever you are u__u

Chloe  Gentleman
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:23:36 AM by idymgames » Logged
QuadraTron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8059 on: November 17, 2014, 12:17:42 PM »

Hi!  :D

I always feel a bit silly filling out these introductory posts but here it goes...

QuadraTron Games is the name of the studio that I officially created (aka zenasprime) earlier this year. While QuadraTron is mostly the entity I am publishing my own games through, it is more then just myself that make it what it is. Our core team currently consists of Mila on art, Christian writing code, Woody working on level design, and Renee our intern. There are a few other folks (Keith, Travis, and Nicole) that can often be found inhabiting our credits, without whom QuadraTron wouldn't be the same. Here are some fun pix of us all (in no particular order)...

Currently we are creating a game called Threshold (devlog), a puzzle platforming game.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:32:53 AM by QuadraTron » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic