Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411510 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:55:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952422 times)
CommanderRidley
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: November 17, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Ryan. I made the games Mixel Man and Bang Bang! Morena, as well as dozens of prototypes and unfinished games sitting around on the backburner.

Glad to be here!
Amatobahn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8061 on: November 17, 2014, 05:24:15 PM »

Hello All,

My Name is Greg, I've been an environment artist in the game industry for a little over six years. I have always had side projects going on in the background to my professional work. From the nature of the side projects I have done and currently working on, I have had to teach myself just about a little from every aspect of dev, ranging from programming, UX, business, and tech art[shaders and lookdev].

I'm a fan of creating tools for workflow efficiency in 3d Apps, mainly Max and Maya for now. As of now I have released one tool to the public, which has a dev thread over at Polycount http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134683[max], and http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2174206#post2174206[maya]

If you'd like to look at my work, you can do so at:
www.iamgregamato.com
dev.iamgregamato.com
tools.iamgregamato.com

Look forward to seeing and making awesome things!

Professional 3d Environment Artist and tinkerer of things.
niw3
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: November 18, 2014, 02:07:35 AM »

Hi all,

I have been interested in iOS game development since 2009 and I have published one game on the AppStore so far.

I like games with 2D graphics. Currently I invest my time in 2D only. I use Cocos2d-swift/SpriteBuilder as my game engine/editor.

I want to start a studio in the future. But I am married and I have two kids. So this probably will never happen. We'll see.

Cheers. Coffee
massively
Level 0

Jan @ MASSIVELY

View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: November 18, 2014, 11:52:04 AM »

Hi everyone. My name is Jan and I am self-employed (indie) developer from germany.

I love to watch, play and develope video games in my spare time.

i'm currently focused on cocos2d and unity for game projects.

Cheers and happy developing!
PaperTurtle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: November 18, 2014, 02:28:39 PM »

Hello, I am Benjamin Savage. I have recently finished my MFA at Utah State.
quackgyver
Level 0

I make retro games for astrojone.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8065 on: November 18, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »

I'm quackgyver, a game dev from Sweden. I've been trying to activate my account here for a long time, and today it finally went through.

I run the game design studio Astrojone and also help Tales of Game's Studios on the side. I was previously involved in the making of

, and now I'm trying to get my own title - Buck & Miles - off the ground.

You can view our Kickstarter here, or my blog where I share my game design learnings over here.

BizarreTomato
« Reply #8066 on: November 19, 2014, 03:51:23 AM »

Hello, I'm Esteban aka Half-Tomato. My goal is to make neat games of all shapes and sizes, though I mostly dabble in experimental stuff.

You can check out some of my game jam stuff at the following sites.
http://half-tomato.itch.io/
http://gamejolt.com/profile/esteban-avila/403146/
wilbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8067 on: November 19, 2014, 07:04:11 AM »

Hi TIGgers (is... is that we're called?!)

I'm William, part of a brand spankin' new indie games team based in South Australia - Team Cherry!

We recently launched a Kickstarer for our current project, Hollow Knight (take a look here if you wanna see a wicked trailer!). A few people on Twitter have been telling me to come check out the TIG Forum and introduce myself, so here I am! Me and the team have been working furiously on the game for a few months now, and I haven't really had time to try and connect with the indie/game development community at all. Super keen to fix that! Looking forward to talking to everyone about game design/development and so forth!
Nightside
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: November 19, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »

Hello community! I'm Adam and I've been in the game industry for 9 years. Recently I quit my job as a lead level designer at a corporate company and I just went indie because I want to create the games that I like.
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8069 on: November 19, 2014, 02:48:38 PM »

Hi !

I'm Skaz, French, 28, 1m75, 92kg of pure bones and muscle, but who cares !

I'm passionate by video games since my first console : an ATARI800XL. It was already crappy when I got it, and I never understood the point of Cubert. But Froger was awesome ! To make it quick, I've started a game, a platformer in which you're a dwarf, and you explore a long lost kingdom, abandoned and forgotten by you kind. So, goblins, axes, dinosaurs, rocket launchers, all the classic stuff.

I'm not really a programmer. In fact, I'm a total tool with maths. And coding, well... I've started like... 6 months ago. So... Let's say "the path is more important than the destination" and my total inefficiency will be forgiven.

I'm stalking for now, my prototype is not yet ready to showcase. And I lied, I'm not TOTALLY made of bones and muscle. Would be astonishing with no sport AT ALL, right ?

See you !

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Oats
Level 1

High starch content.

View Profile
« Reply #8070 on: November 19, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »

ah Hi, my name's Andrew Robertson, I'm a young indie developer with only a couple of (unpublished) titles to my name. I program in Java using LWJGL. I started programming when I was 12 in a mac port of GameMaker 6. Last year I tried to kickstart a game called Necrosemideus: the White Cadejo, but it critically failed due to my poor communication skills.
I was actually introduced into gaming by my mother, whom I watched play video games when I was younger. However my father is an avid mac fanboy, and we didn't have any consoles or a Microsoft PC in the house, so the number of games I could play myself were severely limited. My main games growing up where the Pangea games like Ottomattic, Nanosaur and some online flash arcades.

I'm quite interested in collaboration, particularly with artists and musicians.

eh
Donutttt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: November 20, 2014, 02:22:10 AM »

Hi,

I've been browsing around the forums for a while and decided it was about time to make an account. I've been doing one game a month for the past year, sometimes using Java but mostly working with game maker. I've moved on to making a bigger game now, which is fun.  Hopefully I can put some details into a devlog once the game is moderately presentable.
DanielClarc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8072 on: November 20, 2014, 05:19:34 AM »

Hi!

My name is Daniel Clarc, I'm from "Juiz de Fora" in Brazil and this is how i look like

(Don't let this teenager eyes deceive you, i'm 20 years old)

So, as long as I remember, I really loved playing videogames, but around 10 years ago I considered to be on the other side, make games that make people feel the way I did, unfortunately, at that time it was something very far from reach to me (or at least i thought it was) and focused myself on a secondary plan of life. Recently I discovered that this is not true and I can do games for living, or for fun, I just wanna make games.

I started a year ago, and i didn't finished a single game since that. I always get to 30% and start to think that the game will be totally lame. But that is going to change, i'm working on my first project that will be finished. And this time I finally feel that this is worth to be completed. My abilities focus on game design, but I venture myself on pixel art when it's necessary.

If anyone wants to give advice, check out my progress, point the finger in my face and say that I will fail, this is the place http://clarcthedaniel.tumblr.com/

Thanks everyone for your attention, and I'm looking forward to knowing people and discuss things around here. See ya Smiley

"I Probably ain't going to make the best games in the world, but I am definitely going to try!"
-Daniel Clarc
http://clarcthedaniel.tumblr.com/
TeaTotalin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: November 20, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »

Hi.

My name is Todd, I'm 40 years old, professionally I'm a software engineer, but in my free time I play and make games.  I've been writing code, playing games, and making games since 1979.  I was 7 years old and my dad brought home an Apple II Plus.  The things that interest me most in the games that I play are story telling and achieving an emotional effect.  As such, the indie-game scene tends to be much more interesting to me.

What I'm drawn to in the games that I make are interesting technical challenges and a small scope (so I can actually finish).  My latest game "Ants Advance" is available for free for Android.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
-Todd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.toddm.aa&hl=en
SnailsBrokeMyHeart
« Reply #8074 on: November 20, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »

Hi there. Currently working on my first game, but it's not far enough along to show it off yet though.

I've pretty much been attached to video games since I was like 2 years old. First game I was ever exposed to was Super Mario Bros. 1. First game I actually played myself was...Sonic 1 on Game Gear. I always felt that was backwards for some reason. And the first game I 100% completed all by myself was Banjo-Kazooie. It was worth every frustrating collect-a-thon second.

My favorite game of all time has to be Majora's Mask (so glad it's getting a 3DS version), with Mortis Ghost's OFF as a close second. Both those stories were intense as hell and were utterly amazing experiences, so they've of course inspired my ideas and project I'm working on now.

And just to get this out of the way; I am very much into linear author-controlled storylines and stuff in video games, so my games aren't going to have procedurally generated anything, or protagonists like Link that need to have the blanks filled in, etc.

I'm on twitter if anyone is interested: twitter.com/SnailsR2Short (You'll notice screenshots of a fangame I'm working on, but I won't really discuss that project here).

Fun fact: Despite being born in 1990, my family actually skipped the SNES and Genesis. So essentially, I jumped straight from 8-bit NES to N64. It was such a trip.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:44:01 AM by SnailsBrokeMyHeart » Logged
StrayCatRock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: November 21, 2014, 06:01:01 AM »

Yo, StrayCatRock here!

I'm a thirty-something Belgian guy who has more time for learning and creating games rather than playing them  Cheesy

I work with GameMaker and Unity for the engines because they're easy to learn. I use Blender/Gimp/Inkscape/Art Rage for grahics and FL Studio for music. I registered because I like the community and the global brainstorming aspect where we all learn "how to get it right" Wink

punchdrunklucia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: November 21, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »

Hi.  My name is Lucia.  I live in Texas and am 27 years old.

I've been designing games since I was very little.  I have notebooks upon notebooks of little games I designed in all sorts of genres.  When I graduated college, I got my dream job when I worked at a professional game studio, but left that job for another dream (which fizzled out go figure).

Currently, I'm trying to create my own little game studio.  I do have a game which I'm trying to kickstart, and I'm just ready to blaze a new path in life. Smiley

I'm a web developer by trade, and I tend to develop my own engines and technologies for use in the games that I create.
johanbrodd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: November 21, 2014, 01:45:58 PM »

Well so here are some info about me:

Name: Johan Brodd
Lives: Probably
Where: Stockholm, Sweden
Profession: Musician with 30+ years experience.
Styles: Anything or everything that has some awesome groove in it.

JoBro Media on SlideDB:

jesterswilde
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »

Hey everyone. I am an animator by trade but have recently been working on my own games in my spare time. I am really enjoying it, and it sometimes makes me question my specialization.
thephfactor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: November 22, 2014, 09:00:50 AM »

Hello guys! My name is Phil, I'm from Nebraska, I'm 20 years old, and in school to get my Comp Sci degree with a concentration in Game Development. I'm really pumped about my first Game Dev classes next Spring, and I figured I should go ahead and register, after lurking for ages and drooling over the DevLogs and Pixel Art forums...

I am a video game late bloomer, grew up in an extremely sheltered home where we were only allowed to use the computer for 30 min a week and never owned a console. So I don't have as much of a reference point when it comes to games. I've spent more time wanting to play video games than actually playing them. I hope to make games like my favorite game of all time: Kentucky Route Zero. But my favorite games include Sleeping Dogs, Spelunky Classic (probably most hrs put into any game), Skyrim, and I currently play Dota 2 semi-regularly.

I'd like to join a small indie studio after graduating, and if not, get a Masters (in English or something like New Media) and teach, making my own games on the side. No interest in joining a big studio.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic