Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:25:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950778 times)
8Dfa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8100 on: November 27, 2014, 05:37:28 PM »

Hi Everyone!
My name is 8DFineArt, I'm an artist and graphic designer and I've made my first pc game. I'd like to introduce it in the playtesting forum in a bit.
My YouTube Channel and Deviantart website:
8DFineArt.deviantart.com
youtube.com/8DFineArt

NimaiHodgson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: November 27, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »

Hello everyone!
My name is Nimai Hodgson and I'm a game developer from New Zealand. I've been messing around with game maker for around 10 years, and I just released my first full game 3 days ago.
Nice to be here!
VirObitus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8102 on: November 28, 2014, 10:51:46 AM »

Hello all,

My name is Andrew, and I have recently started an indie game studio called Thrallsoft in the Detroit area.  I've been passionate about games since my uncle introduced me to his 486, and games like 688 attack sub, F-19, space quest, etc.  I am a former US Marine, and current software engineer.  I started Thrallsoft with a few of my good friends, and we are working together on a tactical game engine project "Tac-Sys", which we're hoping to make in a similar fashion to RPGMaker.

www.thrallsoft.com
https://www.facebook.com/Thrallsoft
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8103 on: November 28, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »

Hello Gentleman

I came here with the sole purpose to show off the Viktor Kickstarter and the game itself, but I just noticed how this wonderful forum has tons of discussions about development, playing and PR (our only weakness), I think I'm gonna dig through it a bit more  Blink

Anyways, I'm Zvonimir and I'm the animator and writer for a point and click adventure Viktor Vs. The Austro-Hungarian Empire made by Sven Nemet who is the mastermind/illustrator and Aleksandar who does the programming. Yes, the number of artists is double that of the programmers (if you lost count, the team has two artists and one programmer), so we really admire our programmer's nerves. He hasn't tried to kill any of us yet and if he wanders in here and is reading this, cheers Alex! Beer!

Besides animation and other work-like activities, I enjoy all sorts of role-playing games (usually the non-sexual kind) from tabletop to live action, I also got hooked on board games thanks to Sven and, of course, I love comics and cartoons - anything from Miyazaki to Adult Swim.

Now imma go pimp Viktor in the Viktor pimpin' area and then check out the rest of the forum. I already lied to Sven how halting my PR activities and going active on this forum will bring us many new fans, so I have time to join some lovely new discussions. If you have any other questions about me or Viktor, just scream Smiley

Millencolin Unicorn
Level 0

rainbow tears

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8104 on: November 29, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »

Hello Everyone!
My name is Denis.I'm 24 and I'm a programmer and pixel artist.

I'm making games solo for about two years.
I wanted to be a gamedeveloper since my childhood. I remember playing Eathworm Jim on genesis, at my cousins place, the first time. I was so impressed with the character animation, not only It made me buy own genesis(I've requested parents, to be exact  Roll Eyes), but also made me a dreamer.

I'm making awfully cute and disgusting games Grin

Now I'm working on my 5th game, and for the first time I'm making it serious. It's called "The Prentice of the Death", It's a 2d arcade/puzzle inspired by the b-movies Grin

So... Realy glad to join the community. Hope we'll become good indiemates!
harito
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8105 on: November 29, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »

Hello all,

My name is Harold. I've been working with games in some way or another since I was about 13 ( 29 now ), and have worked on released games since 2007. Went independent in 2008 and have had a bit roller coaster ride ever since.

I've gone through a very hard time in the past few years and just got out of a kind of abusive relationship that left me in a very hard position. It's been really rough and it still is actually. I haven't participated in gaming or art communities in a very very long time, but I've decided to go back to the community in order to meet some awesome people and get inspired by other creatives. I think it might help me at this time in my life.

So a little bit more about me :

My name is Harold.

I got in the game industry as a 3D artist, subsequently went independent and started working on flash games. My most well known of which is a game called Fragger. This game was later ported to mobile by a 3rd party. Ever since I've been working very hard on other titles, but issues in my personal life have made things extremely difficult. I'm currently working on a sequel to that game for mobile by myself, it's not that different from the original, but I am trying to improve upon it as much I can within reason. And plan on releasing more level packs with new mechanics after the original release. I've been battling depression and burnout for a while, but am still trying my best to push through!

I try to keep a little bit of a dev log at www.fragger2.com it doesn't have that many updates, but I'm trying my best given my current circumstances.

I hope to meet some new people around here, better myself and hopefully get inspired to work harder and better.

Thanks for your time and thanks for having me Smiley

Cabs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8106 on: November 29, 2014, 03:03:47 PM »

Hello!

My name is Logan and I've been in the games industry since late 2008, first working at Tantalus in Melbourne as a games designer, followed by a stint at Firemint (now Firemonkeys).

In late 2011 I made the decision to go indie with a good friend and we've been making games ever since. Our first title was Zafehouse: Diaries, released in September 2012, followed by Deadnaut, which came out just a few days ago. Both are PC-only, with Deadnaut also available for Mac OS X.

Zafehouse was built entirely in VB .NET and C#, while Deadnaut was created in Unity 4.x.

That's pretty much it! I'm hoping to show off Deadnaut in another post, so you can see what we managed to put together in 10 months!

Screwfly Studios
Deadnaut: Tactical sci-fi horror
Zafehouse: Diaries: Zombie survival simulator
ChemicalStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8107 on: November 30, 2014, 01:57:10 PM »

Hi! I'm Dylan, I post my game dev stuff under the name of Chemical Studios.

I haven't done much, yet, but I really enjoy working on games and learning to program.

I also want to learn more about art, because at the moment everything i make looks horrible haha.
Nice to meet you all!
Pampattitude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8108 on: December 01, 2014, 05:50:10 AM »

Hey there!

My name is Guillaume "Pampa" Delahodde, and I do stuff.
No, really. I love game development, I can do simple pixel art, I compose music a bit and I'm french. I like everything about everything and I lo~ve challenges and new stuff to discover.

Oh, and I also released my very first Android application last week, called Tipsoccer! It's made on the Unity engine (4.6, C#) and it's a spiritual clone of Soccer Physics. I loved working on that, even though I'd love working on it full time but, sadly, I can't.

That's all I got.
BishopGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8109 on: December 01, 2014, 11:14:49 AM »

Hi! Long time lurker but decided to make an account and start posting (about time  Wink)

My name is Ben and I am one of the three co-founder of Bishop Games, an indie studio based in Quebec City, Canada.

I'm a game fanatic since childhood, (now 25 yrs old). I played everything from the SNES to today's games. I like to discuss indie games and indie business in general. We at Bishop Games believe in strong bonds and relations with other studios! We just want to be friends Smiley

Looking forward to discuss video games with you all.

If you want to know more about us, you can visit us on social medias or on our website! Or meet us at PAX South/East in the upcoming months  Smiley

Co-founder at http://bishopgames.com/ and http://lightfallgame.com/
Currently working on our first title called Light Fall
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bishopgamesstudio
and Twitter: https://twitter.com/BishopGamesStd
recursive.faults
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: December 01, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Ryan, I'm a 32 year old Software Engineer. I decided to goof around making games in my spare time, and was hoping to learn from all of you and have some fun. I'm working on a silly little game with no point, and I'll be seeking feedback soon.

Thanks!
bitslap
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8111 on: December 01, 2014, 01:59:04 PM »

Hello everyone!

I am bitslap and i love to draw pixel art and make games.
31 year old swede.

I look like this

and draw like this

Thanks for having me

/b
Fake Cake Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: December 01, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »

Hello everyone on TIG Forums.  I am part of a group of students working to publish a game of our own design so we can have the experience of working in the game industry while we are still in school.  We have a game that is soon to be in the beta stage called Black Friday. Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:03:34 PM by Fake Cake Studio » Logged
ceblackwell
Level 0

Office God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8113 on: December 02, 2014, 02:53:42 AM »

My favourite games I was exposed to were: Fire and Ice, Evasive, Jazz Jackrabbit and WOLFENSTEIN 3D!

Hello everyone, you may remember me from such games as Evasive Maneuvers, one of Kyle Batteson's favourite childhood games, which I co-created. 'Sup, Kyle, glad you liked it.

Christoper Blackwell, Toronto, Canada, Photoshop, After Effects, Freelance Corporate Video Producer.
Now Playing: Revocation - Deathless & Battlefield 4

First video game experience was playing Pong (Coleco Telstar) at my grandparents' house. Had an 8086XT for Lotus 123 and Wordperfect that I used instead to play lots of Winter Games and Test Drive in CGA. In 1986 I rented a friend's NES and games for the summer for $25. All desperate addict behaviour. Twenty years later I'd build a MAME cabinet and immediately feel a crushing weight lifted from me. Or is it better described as a huge void filled?

As a teenager I made DOS shareware games with a programmer friend, and though Evasive Maneuvers had the more devoted small following, the most successful was Tubes, published by Software Creations: http://obscuritory.com/puzzle/tubes/

In adulthood, while freelancing to earn a living, I started development of many games that never saw completion. From a GBA demo that almost got picked up by publishers, to a LithTech engine game, to custom engine PC games. Every attempt for many years had a sob story ending, usually because I’m a terrible programmer, so I have to rely on a coding partner to gut out the project to the bitter, miserable end. They usually do not (and nor should they).

But now I'm about to launch an ambitious browser game called Office God (http://www.officegod.com/). It's pretty cool. And the programmer, Craig, is still talking to me, so that's great.

I figured I'd start a Devlog, to document the process going forward and maybe recount my descent into madness, so here we are. Hello.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:47:59 PM by ceblackwell » Logged

Check out the Office God Devlog: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45403.0
jonny2779
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: December 02, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »

Hi. My name is Jon.

I am a Software Engineer with a degree in Electrical Engineering. I have been programming web apps for work for the last five years and have been doing games on the side for a long time. I really hate my job currently and want to make games for a living. Im not sure how to do this just yet but I'm going to try. I love Unity 3D and my favourite games growing up were NBA Jam, Earthworm Jim, Civilizations, Commander Keen, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Diablo 1, Jet force Gemini, Road Rash and many many more.

The games I want to make are games that I find fun to play. Things that are low fi and have a good story. I have played way too many games to count but in the end I play DOTA and WOW and I have found these to be soul-less games. It drains me to play them. I have a new child on the way and I want to be able to share with them the games that I loved when I grew up. Not games like MW3.

Hopefully I can make these games. Hopefully I stick with it. For now, its time to program many small games to see what I enjoy the most. In my spare time.

Nice to meet you all.
Yoann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8115 on: December 03, 2014, 12:56:22 AM »

Hi everyone, my name is Yoann !

I'm a french guy with, as almost people here, a passion for video games since my childhood.
Now I'm 30 and I'm working as a game designer (mostly) at Ubisoft. I've been working on several games from AAA (Red Steel 2, Ghost Recon) to more "casual" ones (Rabbids series).

I like my job but I'm looking for more freedom and control on the games I make, so I'm working on several indie game project aside. I registered on TIG forum today to start a devlog on a game project we started monday with a friend : a small mobile game that we challenge ourselves to (almost) finish it in 2 weeks. But I won't tell more and let you read the thread if you want to Smiley.

Nice to meet you and long live to indie game development !

PS : for more about me, you can see my portfolio here : http://yoannpignole.fr
JWK5
« Reply #8116 on: December 03, 2014, 03:27:02 AM »

Guess who's back (probably to no ones surprise)? Coffee

jhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: December 03, 2014, 03:40:45 AM »

Hi everyone!

I've been a lurker for quite some time, but now I've finally decided to register Smiley

My name is Johan and I'm a software developer from Sweden. I've been programming in my spare time for the most part of my life and also worked as a developer for the last 17 years.

I haven't really done any game related programming until a couple of years ago. I started to fiddle with Xna/Monogame in my spare time and for the last months I've been focusing on Unity3D.
ryemck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: December 03, 2014, 05:49:38 AM »

Hey all

I started to learn to code while creating a game. I'm still a noob but I'm at that point where I can code freely without having to look anything up!

P.S my name is Ryan and I'm from the UK
GameSeeker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8119 on: December 03, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »

So, I'm currently in the process of designing a site for gamers to make teams and such. Just looking for some feedback, ideas suggestions, moral support, etc...
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic