Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:34:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1942396 times)
Duckbridge
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8120 on: December 03, 2014, 02:28:08 PM »

Hey all,

My name is Marciano Viereck, I'm the programmer @ Duckbridge.
It's kind of weird that I'm not on my 'own' account, but whatever:)

Haha, that's me..

Anyways, I've been programming for a while now and fell in love with it the moment that I first started programming at the University. Throughout my unversity I was always programming Software, I was too scared to start with game programming because it seemed too difficult.

After programming for a few years I decided to just go for it and try it out, it was so awesome! And it wasn't as hard as I initially expected. It was more fun than software engineering, because it was so dynamic and it felt like I was making something cool.

Anyways, a few years later I decided to do my final internship at a game development company in China, that's where I learned all about Unity and learned to love Unity <3. From that moment on I've been using Unity mostly. After I graduated I found a job as a Software Engineer and worked for a year or so, during this year I entered the Global Game Jam 2014 in Leeuwarden and won the price for best programmer (haha).

So after a year of working as a Software Engineer, I knew I just wanted to make games, and I quit my job to start Duckbridge with Donald (and we've been making games before we started, ofcourse).

And now we're working on Luckslinger, a hip hop infused spaghetti western action platformer with a lucky twist. In Luckslinger, luck is measurable, changeable and has an impact on the game world.

So yeah, that's about it:)

Dutch indie game developer that is currently working on Luckslinger, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Rkt9
TIGBaby

Big Apple, 3 AM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8121 on: December 03, 2014, 04:49:52 PM »

Game Designer and 2D artist from Brazil. Looking for jobs, and to show my work.
TheLightingGame
Level 0

http://on.fb.me/1wavo00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8122 on: December 03, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »

Hey everyone.

I'm the developer from the team that own this account. We are currently developing our first game, a 2d puzzle game for Android phones, and perhaps more devices if the game find its audience. I'm also the creator of this game actually.

I don't have a lot of experience in programming. I do this since 3 years only. But I learn fast, very fast. That's why I have various skills, from web development to bash scripting, and Android programming (I already published 2 apps). I only lacked video game development skills ! But this will be fixed soon :D

We have set up a Facebook page for our game, so if you wanna get in touch, you'd better use this way instead of sending a private message on TIGSource. You're warned !

See ya !

IJCT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8123 on: December 03, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »

Hi, my name is isaac cortissoz and im a game artist.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: December 03, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

oh hey hun there u r

qt

31 year old swede.
what

excuse me

Philiprilip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: December 04, 2014, 05:40:14 AM »

Hello.
My name is Philip and I'm an independent video game designer/developer (who also has to work as an exhibition designer/ architectural visualiser). I've been making games on and off since I was about 13 - when I found S.E.U.C.K. for my Amiga 500 and became a little obsessed with trying to make a side scrolling shooter with a vertical scrolling engine, it kind of worked Grin

Anyway, a few years ago I decided I wanted to make games full time at some point in the future, so began making my first full commercial game - Peter Potato! (www.peterpotato.com) It's pretty much finished, and it will be officially launched mid Jan 2015. I've really loved making it, but struggled with juggling making games and my day job, so hope to get some funding for the next game. I mainly enjoy the design and art side of game making, and I will be looking for a team to work with to make the next game – ideally programmer, writer and musician. I made Peter Potato on xcode, but will probably switch to Unity for the next game.

I work under the company name of Bueller Games (www.buellergames.com), so you can have a look at the other stuff I’m working on – which is nothing until PP is finished haha!  Who, Me?

Oh and I live in Cornwall, UK – moving to Brighton soon tho!

I hope that’s enough info…

Philiprilip

(I mostly look like this)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:16:35 AM by Philiprilip » Logged
PracticeQuiz
Level 0

the future is one move away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8126 on: December 04, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »

Hey peeps! My name is Whinnie and I've been a big time lurker. Forums have never really been my thing -- every time I join one it seems to go largely inactive a short while later -- but lately I've been feeling nostalgic about an old Animal Crossing forum that I used to frequent (AC Community, anyone?!) and so I thought, why the hell not? Blink

I live in Canada (bracing myself for all the "EH" and sorry jokes ...) and am currently interning as a business student for a local startup that's developing a game called Prismata. You may have already heard of it, some popular Hearthstone streamers are getting into it and they've made the reddit front page a few times. Anyway, my internship ends in a few weeks and it's been an awesome ride! Before, I'd never been inclined to the possibility of myself ever working in the video games / esports industry, but after this ... well, we'll see. ^^;

The very first time I got into video games seriously was around second or third grade. I distinctly remember playing the Super Smash Bros Melee demo at Toys R Us with my sister and picking Pikachu as my character because that was the most familiar character I recognized on the roster -- the both of us instantly got hooked! The next time we went back to the demo station, my sister chose a random game that ended up being Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and ever since then I've been a diehard sanic fan.

I used to be a very loyal Nintendo supporter in general (never owned a Playstation/Xbox before, ever), but unfortunately the disappointment of purchasing a Wii and moving away from home for school has caused my passion for console games to slowly die out. Nowadays I'm mostly on Steam shooting up zombies with friends in Left 4 Dead, or exploring the wondrous world of Minecraft (I still can't believe it took me this long to get into it). The e-sports scene also captures my attention greatly -- while I suck at games like League and CSGO, I think they're insanely fun to watch.

Anyway, I'm now off to explore the forums with my brand new membership status. :'D Hit me up if you ever want to talk! Peace~ Hand Metal Left

[email protected] | prismata.net
nnnightshade
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8127 on: December 07, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »

Hello all. I'm nnnightshade, indie game dev in training from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I joined the forums so I could lurk harder, always a big goal of mine. I also wanted a place to show off, when the time comes, anything I release. I'm currently working on a project by myself called Depresteroids, sort of an arcade style game that is abstractly about depression. That's all for now, thanks for having me!
[email protected]
Level 0

With my gorgeous wife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8128 on: December 07, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »

Hi !

Greetings to everyone  Gentleman

Im John Vincent Fiel, Founder of Bai Web and Mobile Lab. A startup company designated here in the Philippines. We started around october. I love games, especially MMORPG. At the same time im the lead programmer, I use cocos2d-x engine. I don't have much experience in game development yet, I started developing games around August, so I'm still fresh and new to this kind of industry. If you happen to visit our site, you might wonder how come we have so many products already eventhough we are still new. Those other products that are not related to gaming is our previous collaboration to some of other companies. I joined this community for me to be able to meet other game developers and to learn more about game development.

Underdevelopment
Tap Heroes: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=44943.0
Stellar Clash/Stellar Infinity: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=43058.0

This is me. On the right. With my gorgeous wife  Kiss
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:08:58 PM by [email protected] » Logged
i2nQuinn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8129 on: December 07, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »

Greetings! I'm Quinn and I'm one half of i2n Games. We're currently working on a game called `Hands Off!` for which I will throw up a DevLog thread shortly. The other half of i2n Games is Kelli - she does the pretty parts, I do the code and we share design responsibilities.

auroraaa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8130 on: December 07, 2014, 10:02:27 PM »

Hi!
I'm a 16-year old writer and musician at heart, but I recently started picking up the art of arting again.
I'm the kind of guy who plays games mostly for their story - everything else comes after. However, I'm also a sucker for good art and music. Freebird Games' To The Moon gets 10/10 in all of those categories for me.
Programming is proving to be a bit of a challenge for me, but I have my sights set on taking a course in computer programming.
I am mainly using C/C++ and lua, and the lovely framework called Polycode, by Ivan Safrin(Whom I know is also a member of these forums. Hi  Grin ).

I hope to get something up as soon as possible. Could be music, could be art. Who knows.

Thanks for reading!  Coffee (I don't even like coffee)

auroraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
FailFaster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: December 08, 2014, 05:11:59 AM »

Hey.  My name's Roland, and I'm an indie game dev from the U.S.  I'm currently mostly using Unity for my projects.  As you might have guessed from my handle, I'm trying to embrace the indie developer credo of Fail Faster.  Check out whatever's in my sig to see how that's working out for me.

Of all the hats indie game devs have to wear, social media spin doctor is probably my weakest job skill, so if you want to know anything specific, just IM me.

KRSHK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: December 08, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »

Hi ! I'm KRSHK (黒い鹿)
I'm a french artist and developer.
Minimalist and concise Smiley
mechron
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: December 08, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »

Hello, I'm mechron.

I'm a C# programmer, with decent experience with other languages + HTML + CSS.

I work with UE4 and have basic experience with FL Studio.

Look forward to meeting you.

Oh and damn, just forgot. Still in highschool. ( Don't give me shit for still being in school... )

[Insert an "Insert Here" here]
PepoWorld
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8134 on: December 09, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »

Hello guys!

My name is Gabe, i'm 30 years old and i'm a diehard gamer since I was 14. That's when i was introduced to Half-Life and i liked it a lot. Soon i became very good at it and won a lot(over 100) of tournaments. As soon as counter-strike was launched, i decided to go in the pro league and played in A division a couple of years. I also played a lot of other games like: Ra2, Broodwar, Lineage 2, Cabal, and many many more. Those were some great times!

Did i mention i'm gonna be a dad in March 2015? Beer!.

Well, in the last several years i decided to develop my own games.

I didn't really knew from the start that this road (as an indie developer) is a long and a very difficult one, involving investments (rather large for my country), many barriers to overcome, and many many nerves (working with all sorts of people). However, i think i made the right decision to continue (or at least this is how i feel).

This is me and my wife.

What more can I tell you about me. I'm an altruist and honest guy, with the sense of humour.

I also founded the http://pepoworld.com indie company (website coming soon), and i hope i'm gonna make some great friends around here.

Cheers! Coffee
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:35:59 AM by PepoWorld » Logged

Look dad, i stepped in something eeeky!
papetura
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: December 09, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »

Hello, I'm Tomasz Ostafin, indie developer from Poland Wink
Fresh graduate in Architecture, is now looking forward to create Papetura - adventure game made from paper.
Xyuan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: December 09, 2014, 03:45:30 PM »

Hi, my name is Xyuan

Despite my chinese name, I'm from Brazil
I'm a indie game developer, and I have more knowledge about Unreal Engine 3.
I even taught game development classes at my university =)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: December 10, 2014, 04:34:51 AM »

why are you all posting pictures alongside your wives

are you sharing the account

pixelstab
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8138 on: December 10, 2014, 06:33:28 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Felipe, I am 26 year old game developer from Chile.
I'm a pixel pusher and self taught programmer.
You can checkout my work at http://byfelipe.com/

I am the one behind the monitor showing the latest game I've been working on together with a friend.

I know I look like I am 15. I 15 year old with grayhair.

And one a bit of pixel art:

Cheers!
AapeliK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: December 10, 2014, 09:22:11 AM »

Hello there, people of TIGSource!

My name is Aapeli Kutila and I'm an indie developer from Finland. My friend, Jussi Kukkonen, and I just recently set up a small game company called Team Twistoid and we've began working hard on developing games for mobile platforms. I'm majoring in computer science/software development but in Team Twistoid I'm responsible for graphics and music while Jussi does all the programming work. I've been an indie game enthusiast for a long time, keeping a close eye on the direction the indie gaming culture is moving towards, so it's exciting to be a part of that and I hope to get to know more people in the field around here!
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic