Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 01:23:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1942220 times)
MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8140 on: December 10, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »

Hi there!

I'm Thomas, a French indie dev part of Flying Oak Games! We put our passion into crafting 2D games of all sort. If you'd like to take a look, our previous game -- Dead End -- is now fully free (and ad-free) on mobile and PC.

I am currently working on two projects for home consoles and PC.

Hoping to share with you our dev process, doubts and joys!

KohD
Level 0

I believe there's nothing to believe

View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: December 11, 2014, 06:02:30 AM »

Hello World

Paulo Rommel "Koh"
Brazilian
18 years old
Cookies Lover
Kyle Gabler fanboy
Working on some random stuff @_@
I'm here because I want to meet new devs and players and have fun and share my knowledge.

blocks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: December 11, 2014, 07:00:49 AM »

Hi everyone

I just joined up after watching a documentary about indie game developers, it got me really inspired about making games. I have some experience with programming already so I'm going to start practicing pixel art and see where it goes.

Nice to meet you all! ZEL Link
LawSumisu
Level 0

Just a guy with a boomerang.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8143 on: December 11, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »

Hi there, all! I'm an aspiring game developer currently working on my Master's thesis.

I heard that this forum could be a great place to give and get feedback on game-related projects.

I guess as a basic introduction, I like fighting games and platformers, notably Street Fighter, Tekken, SSB, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Cheers!
Sprite
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: December 12, 2014, 04:54:23 AM »

Hello everybody! Smiley

I'm an indie-game developer in search of a new forum home, it's been a long time since I frequented any forum or IRC channel for that matter. Grew up with Amiga 500 games and later learned BlitzBasic (on the PC), today I'm a C++ programmer with a keen eye for intuitive system implementations in applications and games.

Some of my favourite games include Emerald Mines, Chrono Trigger, Return to Wolfenstein, Simon the Sorcerer, Super Metroid, early Megaman, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Super Mario World and Cannon Fodder.

Cheers! Wink
kidevil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8145 on: December 12, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »

Hey All,

I'm Mike. An indie game developer from Vancouver, BC. Just been doing the rounds through all the indie game sites, and came across the forum. Looks like a fantastic resource from indie devs, and a great community for like-minded individuals.

Looking forward to checking out everyone's projects, and seeing what you are all up to. Bunch of talented folks crammed into one little site Smiley

M.
stilghar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8146 on: December 13, 2014, 07:27:08 AM »

Hi, I'm David Jimenez. Game Designer and programmer currently living in The Netherlands. For the boring CV version of who I am you can check my site:

http://stilghar.wordpress.com/bio/

Cutting a long story short. I'm an engineer that works in the space sector (ESA, you know like NASA but with European flavour) and I moonlight as an indie developer in my free time. I have setup a small company with a colleague and we are developing our first commercial game together, Dimension Drive (you can check my signature for more about it).

And finally a picture of me and my wife!  Tongue

Just kidding, I'll keep my wife private for the moment...

stilghar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8147 on: December 13, 2014, 07:36:34 AM »

Hey all,

My name is Marciano Viereck, I'm the programmer @ Duckbridge.

Hey Marciano, nice to see you here. What a coincidence! We met in real life a couple of weeks ago and now I find you registering in this forum more or less at the same time as me  Smiley

MaxShields
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: December 13, 2014, 07:46:15 AM »

Hi everybody, glad to meet all of you!

I'm Max from Montreal and am a relative newcomer to indie game design. My background involves leading various large projects from inception to delivery, but I've now focused my efforts onto game development.

I've loved gaming since the early '80s, and still fondly remember spending entire days playing games that were little more than ascii code plastered across a green and black CRT screen.

I am still blown away by the fact that I can hold the internet in my hands while I'm waiting for the bus, and that graphics have gotten so incredible that we can almost brag about the dynamic lighting of individual nose hairs.

Don't know if that makes me a dinosaur or not, but I'll be happy to talk anyways!
Emperor Ing
Level 0

Hypt Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8149 on: December 14, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »

Hello. I'm an indie developer who's been working solo on a game for some time now. I'm hoping to garner as much attention and feedback as I can as well as learn from other peoples' projects and ideas.

Not much else to say. Here's a link to my game's page on IndieDB

Hypt on Steam Greenlight
Zimra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: December 15, 2014, 05:22:52 AM »

Hello !
I'm Rachel, glad to meet you ^^
I'm a french comic artist. I am a fairly newcomer to the indie scene: I entered a Ludum Dare with my boyfriend just a couple years ago (yes, that was our idea of a romantic weekend), it was an amazing experience, and I ended up addicted Smiley

I have a lot to learn, and I can't wait to improve and discover everything you're up to !

solowebnv
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8151 on: December 15, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »

Hi Everybody

My name is Ivano and I'm the lead programmer at Soloweb N.V.
I live in the Caribbean island of Curacao and I code at the beach...just kidding (the last part)
We are in the development of Aero's Quest right now and if anybody is coming to the Pax South in San Antonio, TX would be great to meet you and drink something together (Aero's Quest booth, indie floor)

Hope to see you soon!

Ivano:lead programmer @Soloweb Studios in Curacao; we are currently working full time @ Aero's Quest: our new puzzle-platformer game. Check the online browser version & our Facebook
greg and a duck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8152 on: December 15, 2014, 05:36:59 PM »

Hello all,

Game development has been a hobby of mine for several years now. I've pretty much always played games, especially RPGs. I first got interested in the development side when I saw the short Making of Lunar documentary that came with Lunar Silver Start Story for the original Playstation. Back then I had no idea how to even get started, in fact it took me till the end of high school to learn to program anything.

I made a couple text-based games that imitated the MUD I was playing at the time. I delighted in reproducing the mechanics and world while adding new content that as a player I could have only wished for.

A few years ago I began looking for an engine I could use to make games with graphics and I found GameStudio A8. After a few tutorials I was able to get started but didn't get very far. Eventually I found Unity and rifled through tons of tutorials.

I've made a few small projects in Unity and released one unsuccessful game. I didn't expect huge success, but less than 100 downloads is pretty sad. Cool The silver lining is it helped me understand the process of finishing a game and what's needed to get it out there.

Currently, I'm working on making a few more tutorials for my blog to try and give back to the community that has helped me learn to dev. While here I hope to meet others who are into the same things as me.

I like to draw stuff too, here's one:

Thanks!

FREAKNARF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8153 on: December 16, 2014, 09:17:56 AM »

Hi everyone !

I'm Franck, and i'm some sort of kid since 27 years,and i'm not very good at introducing myself . I'm from Limoges in France and i play videogame barely since as long as i can remember, thanks to my dad.
He showed me secret magical Dos commands able to launch games like  La Zoubida Baby Jo,Nicky Boom, the Lemmings, Duke,Commander Keen ...

A bit later, Wolf, Doom ! When my dad had a CD player, the first game CDs that came inside were Westwood 10th anniversary ones. LoL, Dune 2, Kyrandia. That was a lot of stuff to discover, and a lot of game "genres" that i didn't ever met since then !!! Adventure games started to blow my brain, and the next step was Lucas Arts classics. I just let most of the StarWars stuff aside and enjoyed the rest. Those games lasted me so long...

Then, Duke3d!!! Quake !!! LANS !!! Halflife !!!!! Blizzard stuff !!!!!!RA3 !!!!!!!!!!!!...  Then i realised i had to put this stuff a bit aside to spend more time elsewhere, on a drum, drawing or doing stupid stuff, for exemple.
 I had to choose between Informatic and Physics measurement to study, and i choose the second one.A tiny part concerned informatic ; I studied C and some stuff around automatism but i was way far from knowing indie dev  was starting to expand such fast.

When I started to work, video games dose was reduced as possible, but I still had a foot (deep)in it. I worked in acoustic, then in schools physic laboratories. Time grew faster and years later i decided to stop to work in schools, because in various ways it ruined my health and my mind. I took decision to spend time in arts as I wanted to to younger. As I quit i tried to integer the Informatic section i missed years ago but it failed, so I started seriously to learn indie game making by myself, having no money or years to spend in video game schools.

The plan really started to germ about 10 month ago. When i felt barely OK with Game Maker Studio I tried some jams to train myself. I made 4 prototypes for jams so far.
The big plan is to use the engine made for Ludum Dare 31 entry (called "Deathmetalslug" ...).

I gave myself a Deadline for february 2015 to have something really good to release, then polish it until it would reach editors (and even after if everything's doing good). As I like quite every face of making arts and coding, i try to do barely everything by myself... But i'm quite bad to promote, and never pushed far enough to have a real something to release. Ha, and i'm using GMS to build it...

This post is endless and boring, but it's just because i'm telling myself "i don't want to have to write so much about me anymore". Sorry about that. So let's end this, here are some links :

LDJAM entry :

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-31/?action=preview&uid=46874

Older prototypes...

- Axel Dick (platformer ) :

http://freaknarf.itch.io/axel-dick
   (windows)

- RogueRoach (roguelike/maze):

http://freaknarf.itch.io/rogueroach (windows)

- Parodianus (shoot’em up):

http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/parodianus/39994/ (HTML5)

I also  sometimes post art on newsground, tracks i record on soundcloud and sells black and death metal on discogs.

Voilavoila :]

Sorry for being so long and unreadable ! Cheers !

Knarf

K
Ballistic Frogs
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8154 on: December 16, 2014, 11:19:39 AM »

Hello folks !

I'm Ballistic Frogs, or Vincent in real life. I'm a french game developer. I discover video games when i was 7, i bought my game boy with my own money.
That was my only gaming machine at this time, but my friends had Nes and Super Nes, so i passed lot of time at their house  Wink.

My favorite Game was Links Awakening

I played a lot and when my parents force me to play outside, i grabbed my other game and my game link to play with my neighboor.

Then i grow up, played a lot at friend's home, and my next game console was the Playstation. Yes i waited a lot between my first game boy and my PS1. I discovered FF7, FF8 and MGS.

After that my first Windows 95 PC, with Ages of Empire, Starcraft, and Discworld Noir. And PC was my favorite machine since that. I can't make the list, i played so much games ....

But that's not all, i'm a confirmed IT engineer, and i develop games for PC. I will present one of my project on TIGSource soon.

See you !

Follow us : Twitter, Facebook, Google+, RSS
DBouchard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: December 16, 2014, 11:48:41 AM »

Hi there! My name is David and I am a student at NAD in Montreal, Quebec.

I post this introduction in order to post our game we just made and share it with you all. A thread is in construction and will be ready in few minutes.

For myself, I am going to be a UI artist and I have a passion for all Zelda cartoony stuff - ish.

Glad to be here :D
Sniffgriff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8156 on: December 16, 2014, 11:55:36 AM »

Hi everyone, Im sniffgriff/Justin

I do game development and artwork solo, and sometimes with friends. I use a relatively old engine, but I have fun! Im always making new games, which balloon out of proportion, so Ive been buckling down and working on smaller games. Im a 3d modeller of car accessories by day, and a jack of all trades artist at night!

My game dev heroes are John Carmack, Peter Molyneux, DICE and Konami.

Here is my youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7EQubNIuyTE0TwYC3ZppSQ

here is my twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/sniffgriff/profile

Here is some animation work Ive done for one of my favorite twitch streamers!

Smiley hello friend!
flatthumbkalon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: December 16, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »

Hi guys, my name's Kalon and I'm a full time (non game related) Unity dev. I've been into video games since I was young and have logged in 700 hrs of Civ V. I think Civ Beyond Earth was beyond disappointing.

In my spare time, I started an indie game company with my brother. We recently launched www.aerobatic.ca for free on iOS and Android and are looking for what we did wrong game design wise (I'll be posting a feedback thread)
TokyoDan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: December 16, 2014, 05:04:43 PM »

Hello,

I am Dan, a 45+ year resident of Tokyo, Japan from Johnstown PA. I am now retired and developing games with Unity 3D. But I started way back in 1982 with an Apple II+. I taught myself AppleSoft Basic and Motorola 6502 assembly language. I made my first game with that and I sold ten copies at a small (two customers and the shop was full) computer game hobby shop here in Tokyo. My self study led to various jobs in the computer industry for twenty years, none of which were in game development. But I kept up coding games as a hobby - only finished and released one. I moved to an Amiga 500 which was my all-time favorite computer. And on that Amiga I used various forms of compiled Basic, like AMOS, to code some small games. I also learned C on my Amiga. Then I moved back to Apple to study SmallTalk. Then in 1997 I bought a  Windows PC just to play Total Annihilation. By this time I had stopped coding as a hobby because I was too tired after work.

Fast forward to about 2008-2009. I was semi-retired, working 20 hours a week as a greeter at Costco. I had a lot of free time, the iPhone was out and I thought that it'd be cool to bring my old Apple II game into the mobile age so I used ANSCA Corona to make a new iOS version of the old game. I released it on the iTunes App Store. Although it got good reviews it didn't sell well. A few years later I took it off the App Store because OpenFeint, which my game used for achievements, was closed down.

Here is a promo I made about three years ago for that game:
http://youtu.be/UcBWtMjOFEU?list=UUGnPVpO3J0vRcKUj-8YFl1A

One of the interesting points (IMAO) of the game is that the main beta tester was my 90-year-old Japanese Mother-in-law:
http://youtu.be/I2GMq2tAL_s?list=UUGnPVpO3J0vRcKUj-8YFl1A

Then about two years ago I got interested in Unity and thought that a good and quick way to learn Unity would be to port my game from ANSCA Corona (Lua) to Unity and C#. The game is finished now and I hope to release it in February of 2015.

After all this time I am a bit embarrassed to have released only one game so my slogan is:

"35+ years of coding and only one game to show for it"

Anyway here is my website where there are more details about me and my game (reviews and history)
http://www.azumachogames.com/the-octagon-theory/

And I can't wait to get started on a new and different game.

Regards,
Dan

Chosker
Level 0

Lone Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8159 on: December 17, 2014, 02:15:23 AM »

hello I'm Oscar, 29. Mexican/Spanish, currently living in Germany.

I'm kind of a jack of all trades developer, and I love using UnrealEngine. I work as a full-time technical artist in a game dev studio, and then I work solo on my hobby project Elium Prison Escape, a 3D acton swordfighting dungeon crawler (devlog soon)

I'm mostly a PC gamer with a mild obsession for action swordfighting games, and it pleases me to see this genre gaining some strength (from Chivalry to the upcoming M&B2 and Kingdom Come, plus some kickstarters).
my favorite classics are Dark Reign, Mount & Blade, TES Oblivion, Quake3, AoE2 and Chrono Trigger
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic