Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:10:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907919 times)
Mad-Cat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8200 on: January 07, 2015, 07:28:58 AM »

Hi guys!
I'm  a long time 3D modeler making my way into programming and videogame development, i'm currently making Rex Odyssey, an old school platformer.

Rex Odyssey is a 2.5D and 3D platformer/adventure game in the vein of the old classics set in a colorful world with tons of characters and a lot of things to do.

The game is Influenced by classics like Mario Bros, Final Fantasy, Zelda, with a touch of the new wave of cartoons like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball as well as Studio Ghibli films.

Looking forward to participate in this comunity,

Mauricio.

Unknown_Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: January 07, 2015, 07:50:10 AM »

Hi there!

I am a third-year Software Engineering student. Now I'm trying myself as an independent Android game developer. Hope you like my games Smiley
citizen5
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8202 on: January 07, 2015, 08:49:13 AM »

Hey!

I'm James, I quit my job last year to work full time on my game about the Snowden NSA leaks. It's called 'TOP SECRET' (playtopsecret.com).

I'll start a devlog soon and am looking forward to getting some great feedback. Smiley

Miziziziz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8203 on: January 07, 2015, 06:36:28 PM »

hey  all! excited to be on here.
I started making games and learning programming about a year ago, and I've been studying art and music for much longer. I've made around 7 small games, mostly for jams and contests, and I'm currently working on turning one of them into a  full-length game.

sam_psychic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8204 on: January 08, 2015, 08:57:57 AM »

Hi all.. my name's Sam and I have been making games (semi-professionally) since the 1980s.
I'm a university lecturer in Ireland.

I have released various games on BBC Micro, Amiga, PC, Mac, as well as smartphones and web.
Highlights include a turn-based car-combat MMO www.dark-wind.com that's now on Steam, and a casual slingshot game that has achieved more than 5 million downloads on the smartphone appstores.

I'm currently tinkering with some 2D multiplayer game ideas, including a top-down open-world car combat MMO and an isometric LAN-play multiplayer zombie shooter.

I'm always on the lookout for artists to collaborate with!

meowanme
« Reply #8205 on: January 08, 2015, 11:02:35 AM »

Hi everyone.  I'm new here.  I've been lurking the devlogs board for the last feel weeks and felt inspired to start my own.  Looking forward to meeting some of you!
Pickledtezcat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8206 on: January 09, 2015, 06:52:53 AM »

Hi, I'm John or Smoking_Mirror (I quit smoking 15 years ago, so that name feels strange these days) or Pickledtezcat.

I live in South Korea, but I'm British.
I develop games in my spare time with the Blender Game Engine.

I've got a long term project (A kind of party based 3d roguelike) and I also sometimes make short games for competitions.

I've been making games for a few years, I've got a fairly good knowledge of Blender, The GIMP, Python and a few other bits and pieces. Some time in the future I'll probably migrate away from Blender, but no plans yet.

My latest game was a side scrolling platformer which I made for a contest at Blender Artists Forum.

metafarion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8207 on: January 09, 2015, 07:43:11 AM »

Hi folks, my name's Miles and I'm involved in the production of a realtime turn-based tactical MMORPG called Harmonia Tactics.  The game is comprised of solo and cooperative skirmishes that contribute to a large-scale campaign against the forces of the big bad (to be filled in later, we're still working on mechanics right now, stfu).  Players will be tasked with the liberation and defense of various strategic, economic, and plot-related assets around the world map.

Lots of exciting developments to come!

Current project: Harmonia Tactics - A realtime turn-based strategy MMO based on Shining Force III
~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8208 on: January 10, 2015, 04:17:36 AM »

Hi people,
I'm Alberto, an italian physical therapy student who enjoys playing games during his free time.
I think there is nothing else to add except I also used "Frozenskin" name for a bunch of years.

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
PixelationStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: January 10, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »

Hi,

My name is Rohan and I'm a web designer developer as a job but have always wanted to get into games (it's pretty much what I studied at university). Anyway, I make use of my yearly holidays to make games. This is my second proper year where I have released something on Google Play. Hopefully when I get a place closer to work and I have a bit more time I can be a little more active.
Cakeprediction
Level 1

I'm not too sure what to put here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8210 on: January 11, 2015, 05:57:21 AM »

Hi there!

My name's Sahánd, but on the interwebs I go by the name of Cakeprediction.

Been practicing the ways of game development for three years or so.
After having been stuck on making stuff, getting pretty far but failing,I've now decided to just wander around and play with prototyping 'till I make something tat's worth continuing ^^.

Anyway, will probably lurk a lot and post some stuff here and there in other people's devlogs, might make one myself.

Continue being awesome, everybody c:

Huge Swords and Tentacles Devlog
"If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy"
"You have to tell your hands to freaking do the stuff until your hands know it by their tiny hand hearts"
Holysh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: January 11, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »

Hi all!

My name is Swann and I'm an indy game dev from Montpellier in France.

I've been in the industry for about four years now (Ubisoft, Media Molecule), but I've just turned indy recently with the goal of doing the whole content on my own. I also try to avoid starting projects longer than 4 months to get a healthy iterative mindset running.

It's going quite well so far as I just released my very first indy game! It's a free app for iDevices called "Toomi".

I'm now thinking about doing a devlog here for the next project as everything I see here is always so helpful and inspiring!
jah404
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: January 11, 2015, 08:31:58 AM »

Hello everybody,

I'm Jérémie, a parisian student in Computer Sciences specializing in video game development. I have many technical questions, I think this place should be a good one to get some answers Smiley

I was a fan of N64 games, such as the Legend of Zelda series or Goldeneye, and after a period of gaming rest I start again with the latest assassin's creed, unity which is really amazing !

I'm looking forward to getting to know you
rlomax
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8213 on: January 12, 2015, 03:38:46 AM »

I'm trying out game development just to see if I'm any good at it. One of my projects is an artificial life simulator. I'm quite into AI/robotics and gamedev is a great way to put AI theory into practice.
KaloyanMarinoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8214 on: January 12, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »

Hello people of the internet!
My name is Kaloyan Marinoff and I am a game programmer (although the lack of budget forces me to do a lot more than this) from Bulgaria. I am an 18 years old student and I currently study informatics.

My first encounter with video game development was way back in 2006 (yes I was 9 at this time) when I've found the good old GameMaker. I was fascinated by game development although, as you can probably tell, I couldn't do much back then. Unfortunately at such an early age I didn't have much time to learn because I was busy doing, presumably, more important things such as going out and playing with the other kiddos. So, a few years later, I've started studying informatics at both school and home and my old passion called me. Some time later, now backed with more solid programming knowledge, I started learning Unity3D and the basics of game development in general.
My first officially shipped title was a simple (a bit lame) FPS horror game named Aterweald: Witch Hunt
Here's TheRPGMinx playing it:

It wasn't a huge success by any means but I am still very proud and very glad that my first serious game was actually out there and getting some attention. After this I contacted an old friend (also an indie game developer with similar experience in the field, and after some talking we've decided to start a new project, which I am still working on at the moment.
For another six months we've been working on this project, putting our souls in it, and now we are bringing it to Kickstarter (I will talk about it more another time).

I am fully dedicated on continuing developing video games and I believe I am improving with every day. I hope you guys will like my work =)

PS: Oh yes.. That's me being fancy:

Current project: https://www.facebook.com/PlayLacuna
A 2D sci-fi game that's all about exploration, colonization and strategy.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8215 on: January 12, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »

Good morning TIGSOURCE!

Long time lurker, 2x TIGJAM attendee.. and happy to be here.

My first impactful memory of games comes from wandering across Metroid on an NES. I ran right, of course, hit the wall.. then found the morph ball and got a smile on my face.

I started programming games at age 8 with the birthday gift of Interplay's Learning to Program BASIC! CD-ROM from my parents. Interplay's discs gave lessons and then challenges -- can you make the character do this? Can you expand the game like so? I fell in love with the process of discovering how to translate my imagination into the screen. I was a big fan of Interactive Fiction and hacked together a few of my own surreal mini-adventures.

Fast forward a number of years with continual notebooks piling full of game sketches (mostly rip offs of N64 games I played at the time), a friend taught me Visual Basic. We made a few simple games including the milestone of my first networked games.

In middle school I was a pro at secretly starting food fights (I had a great spotter) and made a VB game where you shot radioactive food, rubber bands and dodgeballs through the school cafeteria & gymnasium.

Later on I programmed less and got into more game design. I had the idea that I didn't need to program if I could just come up with cool stuff.

I worked in Sydney for 2 years at Microforte/Bigworld Tech as a Junior Game Designer (promoted to full GD after 1 year) on a stealth-action MMO that never saw the light of day thanks to the 2008 economic crash. Our CEO, who had offered me the job originally after we connected at a conference, was fundraising back in the USA and the interested investors withdrew in light of the global markets.

Going to lunch daily with programmers, level designers & designers who would end up at the likes of Pixar and Irrational Games, I quickly realized game design is not enough.

GAME DESIGN IS NOT ENOUGH.

The iPhone had just been released in Australia. Fast Forward to winning an overnight programming competition back in Houston for best app made over night (I made a SHMUP with a progressively more difficult boss), I launched a career as an iOS developer.

It's paid the bills but it hasn't fulfilled me like developing games has. I got back into doing game jams, completing 2 LudumDare's last year & a Procedural Generation Jam.

I have a passion for making games that connect people and I believe I can accomplish this through GPS based games that get people in contact with each other. Most games are about staring into a screen alone and I want to create in-person multiplayer games.

I play fighting games competitively and love the hacking/exploratory process that evolves with the metagame as players invent new techniques. Reading Raph Koster's Theory of Fun was very inspiring and I think too often as a game designer I get stuck in the "beginning player" or "expert player" mentality.. when really every player is an evolving player and the game needs to be fun throughout that evolution.

My most recent game is a SHMUP where each level features an enemy that mirror copies how you killed them -- inspired by the legendary A.B.A. (Kenta Cho)'s DefeatMe. If you're a TiGSourcer, PM me for a download code. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quantum-pilot/id935956154?mt=8

I'm currently working on Quantum Pilot, incorporating feedback from a few New Year parties and will be visiting IndieCade in NY next month to pass it around and see if people like it.

I'm going to start a devlog on the forums here to share with a great community that has shared so many great games over the years.

Happy Jamming, Tigsource!

Battlefrog
Level 0

Broc W.

View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: January 12, 2015, 03:18:10 PM »

Hello. My name irl is Broc, but call me Battlefrog.

I'm a student in highschool who is in the process of becoming a Game Dev.

I try to make stuff, but (for now) they are usually bad.

If I do make something good, I'll just post it. Maybe.

Wink
Aloys
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8217 on: January 13, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here (ha!)
I'm Greg, 36, been working in the game industry in my native France for a while, and I've had enough working on other people's projects (although I've been lucky to work on some great ones) so last year I decided to take a dive and go independent. Weeee
I enjoying trying my hand at everything, but I'm mostly an artist (I'm a terrible programmer).

I play various kind of games but I mostly enjoy adventure/puzzle/exploration games. Which is why I am currently working on an 3D puzzle iOS game...
Riku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8218 on: January 13, 2015, 04:05:19 PM »

Hi!

I'm Renee, a mechanical engineer turned software developer turned game developer.

I've always been a huge fan of video games, though I started out on Wolfenstein when I was 5 and went down the FPS path for a good number of years before branching out into other genres.

I'm working on my first major game right now and it's super fun and a bit scary.

Feel free to hit me up on any social media, I love making new friends, and I'll treat you to a beer if you find yourself in Seattle!
jelcynek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8219 on: January 14, 2015, 01:29:32 AM »

Hello guys,
I'm reading this thread for some time, but now it's time to announce myself.

I'm software developer from Poland, indie game developer wannabe. That was quite difficult after spending whole day working with some stupid corporate jobs so....
I saved some money, left my job and now I have my indie game development year gap.

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic