Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:42:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952149 times)
lostzac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8260 on: January 29, 2015, 04:50:04 AM »

My Name is John, Johnny by my friends. I have been a hobbyist game programmer on and off for the last ten years. I did manage in that time to create one low budget game called Office Purks, which i made some money off of, and that got me hooked. I am a programmer , and enjoy figuring out problems. I am certified in Php as well as Java Script, and program in c# and Visual Basic to name a few.

I am currently working on a prototype for a game idea called Anathon which will be done in Unity.

Anathon
Every Character has their story

Website
http://www.anathon.com/

Google +
https://plus.google.com/b/106990229639448806944/1069902

Twitter
@Anathon_rpg

FaceBook Page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anathon/1406036916378410
teefal
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: January 29, 2015, 05:12:54 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Timothy Falconer.  I run Immuexa, an almost 17 year old software company that traditionally develops large corporate projects. In the last year, I've been creating our own programmable game world, called Tidepool. (playTidepool.com)  We're currently finishing up our second alpha, which should be released to our private list of 100 people soon.

I've been a software developer/architect for 34 years, and a gamer for longer, starting with the very first console, the Odyssey in 1972.  I later became obsessed with the Atari 2600, classic arcade games, and early PC gaming, though tuned out during the Nintendo years, opting instead to drink heavily and hang on the beach.  I returned to gaming in time for Doom & Half-Life, and have been happily addicted ever since.  

My software development skills are quite good.  Whether my years of gaming will help create good *gameplay* remains to be seen.

I'm hoping TIGSource can help.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:43:24 AM by teefal » Logged
fbucur
TIGBaby

Go big or go home!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8262 on: January 29, 2015, 05:47:36 AM »

Hey all,
My name is Florin Bucur, 35 years old hobbyist programmer. Was playing games all my life and I am addicted to sci-fi space exploration games. This is how I started developing my current project: spacemen.co
Cheers. Toast Right

spacemen.co
shmikucis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8263 on: January 29, 2015, 07:05:50 AM »

Hi guys,

My name is Guntis and I am from Riga, Latvia. I run a small gamedev company MightyFingers which works on HTML5 games. Last 10 months we have spent on creating online game editor MightyEditor. 

5T4MP5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: January 29, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »

I figured I would eventually find my way here. Hello! My name is Dave Siegel, and I am a hobbyist developer. I have played around with game development for a while (mostly building custom L4D maps I would never release), and am just now really buckling down to release some "real" games.

I have worked primarily in Unity for a while now, and have completed a handful of game jam prototypes. That being said, I haven't finished anything I would call a proper game.

Right now, I am working on a post jam version of a prototype I made for LD29. It is a small project I will likely only release on Android with no real promotion. But, I am looking forward to getting practice at shipping, but getting this out the door.

damousey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8265 on: January 29, 2015, 03:10:02 PM »

howzit,

My name's Dorianne, I go by 'damousey' in most places.Long time photoshop jockey that fell into indie games a couple of years ago and then quite recently heard myself say "if we order the narrative like that it would interrupt the intended player experience, let's rather..." and realized I may have begun dabbling in game design.

Other facts of varying usefulness:
I actually answer to 'mouse' IRL, it's what my mother calls me.
I cannot smell asparagus pee.
I live and work in South Africa.
I absolutely love getting good critique because it shortcuts learning things the hard way.

I'm actually the artist that created the Beta/Steam version tilesets on Desktop Dungeons, so I'm more familiar than I'd like with some of Derek's work, but feel like a massive imposter when anyone recognizes this.

intro post|protype|arthread(coming soon)
jesjesmi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: January 29, 2015, 03:14:14 PM »

I love games! Most recently my faves are Stanley Parable and Gone Home. My boyfriend is a super-talented designer and programmer, so I am doing everything I can to help support him and his team get their game off the ground.
GrayGiantGames
Level 0

Following the Giant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8267 on: January 30, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »

Gray Giant Games

Hey everyone! My name is Lucas Tinius, and I have been a video game player ever since my dad let me play X-Wing on DOS back in the day (for me) I was 5 at the time. Yes for you math geniuses that makes me 26. I was hooked from that point forward, and will probably continue to be hooked until I am 6 feet under!

Growing up playing video games has garnered a passion in me for video games in general, and recently I decided it was time for me to take a step from playing games to making games. I love it. I love every minute of it! I started a tiny indie studio that currently comprises of myself, my younger brother Nathan, and my older brother Josh.

I am the head developer and lead coder. Nathan is our Graphic Design guru and secondary coder, and Josh is our marketing/business mind. I solely developed our first game, Archer Dash, and the response to the game so far have been great. I haven't gotten a single real review yet, but I am hoping that one of these hundreds of emails that I have sent will catch someones eye and we can't start to really get the ball rolling.

We have some amazing ideas though, and with the three of us working together we are going to be bringing you guys some AMAZING games. Check out our website and our first game Archer Dash, on both iOS and Android! I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and getting to experience some of the amazing works that are on these forums and sharing our work with you guys!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:26:30 AM by GrayGiantGames » Logged

Our website: www.GrayGiantGames.com / Archer Dash iOS  Android / @GrayGiantGames
mobmadegames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8268 on: January 30, 2015, 09:41:21 PM »

Hey everyone!

My name is Chris and I'm one of the co-founders and a developer at Mob Made Games LLC.  I probably should have registered under a username that isn't the same as my company but you know what they say about hindsight.  I'm going to rip off the format that Derek used in the first post.  This is what I look like when I am surrounded by a holographic projection of Dennis Rodman:

I got into games because my dad loves technology and has had a computer since the 80s.  I grew up playing games on DOS then worked my way through the medium.  Here is a roughly chronological ordering of the games I can recall off the top of my head.  I'm sure this is fewer than one third of the games I've played:

Treasure Mountain, Treasure Mathstorm, Commander Keen 1-6, Mathblaster, Rogue Squadron, Doom I-II, Master of Orion, Master of Magic, Golden Axe, Strider, Crusader No Remorse, Torin's Passage, Red Alert, Command and Conquer, Might and Magic VI-VIII, Half-Life, CIV II, Heroes of Might and Magic II, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Tiberium Sun, Starcraft, Homeworld, Halo, Black and White, Morrowind, Disciples II, Fantasy Star II, Halo 2, Turtles in Time, Half-Life 2, Oblivion, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Mario Bros, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Guitar Hero, World of Goo, Halo3, Portal, World of Goo, Portal 2, Skyrim, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Limbo, Braid, FTL

I also really love tabletop gaming:
Dominion, Agricola, Puerto Rico, 7 Wonders, Stone Age, Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, 49...

It's my goal to learn from all the games I've played so when making my own games I can pay back the joy I've experienced with interest.  I'm absurdly tired and carpel-tunnely though so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

-Chris

Spooky Soup Games
« Reply #8269 on: January 30, 2015, 11:02:54 PM »

Hey,

I'm Nic from Texas and I've been trying off and on to make games for about 2 years now. I've learned a lot so far and have a lot of ideas that haven't really gone anywhere yet. I hope to change that by joining this website and making devlogs for a games I want to play as well as others. I have some issues with depression, but I've come a long way since I first thought programming and pixel art was impossible.

Nice to meet you all. See you in the forums! Grin
PixelSquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: February 01, 2015, 05:33:50 AM »

Hi,I'm PixelSquid,I'm 19,I'm from portugal and I started making games last year
I had been a player for many years and never thougt I could make games for my self,but I tried and loved it!
Hopefully I can make games for the rest of my life Smiley
TehT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: February 02, 2015, 04:10:38 AM »

Hi!
The name is Tord, but T to my friends (because they can't pronounce Tord correctly to save their life)
I originally hail from the cold north of norway, but I currently reside in London  Gentleman

I've been playing around with modding games and light programming with Python and PyGame for years, but it is only recently I have really started to focus on actually making playable games.
This year I am pushing hard to do the #1GAM challenge and I have just completed my entry for January.

I am somewhat of a jack of all trades and have dabbled in pixel art, 3d modeling, music and sound. Tho I find that my meager skills are rarely up to the task, so I export some of the art design to my lovely girlfriend.

Together we are Trickster, and sometimes we make games!

kirtov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8272 on: February 02, 2015, 01:05:22 PM »

Hi there!

I don't have a lot of experience programming games, although I have written a few of them (nothing big, anyway). I have spent almost all my life programming corporate applications, so that's the main reason I haven't focus yet in what I really love: games.

A few months ago I decided to quit from my job and start this adventure. At last I have made my way to the TIG Forums and my only regret is why it took me so long to reach here.

Well, hope we can discuss some great ideas and eventually create something unforgettable (in the good way, hopefully).

antipirina
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8273 on: February 02, 2015, 02:31:30 PM »

Hi everyone, my name is Santiago, I'm from Argentina, and I'm into this since 2010 under the name of Antennaria

To be honest I'm not very prolific game developer, I only finished one single game that is a graphic adventure called A Rabbit Fable (2013):

Before, I tried to make my first game called The Island of Earthly Delights (2012), but I failed to make something good and I left it unfinished:

Later on I been working on a game called King of Herbs (now in Unity3D) that is still in development but is too ambitious and I need some funds to continue with it (is too big):

And my last game that I'm currently developing, now is not a graphic adventure, but a "I don't even know if it's a game" genre, based on sociological / political ideas with a metaphor where you sail a ship, where all the humanity is in there, by taking or leaving objects that has sociological weights, and by relating with different kind of people.
This game is called My Little Humanity:

So, that's my work. I hope you like it.
If I have to describe myself: I like any kind of art, not just videogames. Even more, I don't play so often, I love games because you can say something with them, not because they serve you as an entertainment when you are bored. In that respect, I really don't like addicting games, I think the world need something better from us than more addictions.

So I hope we can do each time better games and make a good impact in the way the people think.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:05:16 PM by antipirina » Logged
Dreii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: February 02, 2015, 03:01:55 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm Sean. I've been learning how to make and making games for about two years now. But I am notoriously bad at finishing things as well as talking to people. I tend to stay in my cave working away and never tell anyone about stuff so I've decided to start coming out of my shell and try interacting with the community! I've released one game on mobile so far called .Astro and I'm working on a few projects simultaneously right now, trying to learn as much as I can.

Heres my website: www.gamechildstudios.com
augustoad
Level 0

Burning Star IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8275 on: February 02, 2015, 03:08:25 PM »

Hey, My name is Augusto, I'm 18yo and I'm brazilian. I've been into games since I was a little chubby kid. Since I like games so much - my favourite genre being platformers -, I started to get into game developing (as a hobby) when I was 14. I mean, I always had interest on it, but I really started doing stuff at age 14. From there, I've been to and fro making games just for fun. I never really released anything serious, and I don't think I will ever try to work on game devving per se, and will rather keep it a hobby. Smiley

萬事如意
scotchie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: February 02, 2015, 03:27:18 PM »

Hello, I go by scotchie.  I grew up playing games, following games, and I wanted to make some games.  I have a couple projects in mind that I'd like to just have some fun with.  Hope to have a good time making them and having others play them.

Thanks!
jechadwell99
« Reply #8277 on: February 03, 2015, 03:53:03 AM »

Hi, my name is Justin. I love games and so at some point I decided to start making them.

I don't have loads of cool games under my belt and I'm not that experienced. I'm out here to learn more about gamedev and just to make stuff. I have some ideas and stuff I'm working on at the moment so... Yeah. I'm interested to see what I can come up with.

I'm mostly a programmer, and I have a working knowledge of C++, Python and Haxe.

Hello to all!
brantkings
Level 0

I like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8278 on: February 03, 2015, 04:09:15 PM »

Hey! I'm João Brant. I always wanted to make games, I don't think I could do anything else.

So, here's my portfolio: http://dcc.ufmg.br/~brant.

I'm working with a friend in this studio: www.longhathouse.com. I hope our first game gives us some money, or else I would have to find another job which would suck horribly. Here are some random screenies of my games, then:

BlueWinds
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: February 03, 2015, 04:50:51 PM »

Hey, I'm Blue, game dev and writer. I first got hooked on games with one of those game-demo CDs - you know, the kind that used to ship with magazines, containing demos for hundreds of games by different people you could order by mail.

I sort of got into game development... well, to be blunt, it's because all the adult games suck (gui, story, graphics - they make me twitch), and I decided I could do better. One thing led to another, and now here I am, two games under my belt (I won't link them, since they are, as previously mentioned, quite NSFW, but you can find a link on my blog http://winds.blue if you're curious) and launching a third.

Some communities are accepting of a female developer, some not so much, so I've mostly focused on growing my own fanbase rather than interacting in other places, but I'd like to get to know some more people. You'd be amazed at the amount of anger even mentioning my gender can cause in some places.

Writing, programming, design are my favorite bits, and I generally commission out art assets. I've found some wonderful people to work with recently - you can see art and screenshots for my latest game scattered around my blog (http://winds.blue).
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic