Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:32:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951023 times)
Kvantpant
Level 0

I also make games! Who would have thought?!

View Profile
« Reply #8280 on: February 03, 2015, 05:27:05 PM »

Hello, I'm Kvant and I make games. Have played games since old times and will be making them for some time. I'm 28 years old!
c13303
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: February 04, 2015, 04:47:51 AM »

Hi Everyone ! My name's Charles, I'm a 34 years old french guy living in Berlin, Germany, freelancer web dev' as a day job, but I spend most of my time making music (electronics, releasing records under various monikers), drawing comics (unfortunately only in french for now), doing punk art, playing games (of course!) and now, creating some.

My first game, Blektre, was an MMO-RPG but in text-mode, more like a book "you are the hero", where you can meet some other players (and beat them and then rape them), made in PHP/sql, unfortunately just in french so far, but it was a bit of an unexpected success because of it's weirdness and "insulting" writing of this "real-loser-life simulator". It actually made it to the

, adapted by a crazy author ...

Then I tried to make a bigger MMO, PHP/html5 from scratch, called "Ours en Slip Simulator" (Bear in Underpants Simulator), but this was one was abandonned after 1 year, too ambitious and complex for my skills (I don't even had a proper roadmap for this project ..), the economy never stopped crashing ...

Then I discovered Construct 2 which is way better for me to use as a game creator, since I'm more of an artist than a coder. I'm currently working on two games : SHITRAIN as a personnal project, sort of disturbing and trashy castlevania-like, or let's say Aquaria, and my first "pro" game as a classical point'n'click (with my brother, animator artist working at Cartoon Network), but we prefer to keep it secret for now.

I did discover this forum since I'm a great fan of Derek Yu and team , from "I'm OK" to Spelunky, I did had a big crush on Aquaria when it out too, etc. Always loved the independant spirit of such games and artists.

I'm planning to open a devlog to get some feedback and help on my current game, SHITRAIN, developpement has already reach 80% but this game is maybe too weird and trashy (at least, graphically) and it seems I can't reach either players (because too "ugly") or art amateurs (because it's a game).

I'm pretty amazed by quality of projects running in there, seems to be an amazing community, that's super inspiring, so first I'll read topics and stuff, then I'll jump into the pool with opening a devlog, I've been alone in the dark for too long now, I hope to find some echo here. Thanks ! ;-)

Cheers
docmarionum1
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8282 on: February 04, 2015, 05:32:21 AM »

Hello everyone!  I'm a web developer by day.  But I like tinkering with games in my free time. And maybe someday make a career out of it. 

I mostly do javascript/HTML games.  I just love the web as a platform because of how accessible it makes games.

Everything I've done so far is listed here: http://docmarionum1.com/

And most of the games have source available for anyone who's interested. 
dominsbeard
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: February 04, 2015, 02:27:14 PM »

Hello fellow indies,

I've been making iOS games for almost 2 years and really love doing it. Games have always been something I enjoy, playing, making, watching, etc. Over the last few months I've been working on a pretty unique puzzle game and have been wanting to share my experience creating it.

Cheers!
YokeHatch
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: February 05, 2015, 01:08:45 AM »

Hello Hello!
My name is Charlie Hood. I love games, Im not too good at playing them, But i love the art. I'm and independent cartoonist and designer, It is a mission of mine to design the artwork for an independent game. Game development Is an exciting, and relatively new art-form that very few people in the history of humanity has ever participated in! A young, and vast new frontier! I want in.  http://yokeandhatch.tumblr.com/

Thanks so much! I love your beard/odor/taste/....!
BlackseaOdyssey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8285 on: February 05, 2015, 09:50:27 AM »

Hey! I'm Percy Legendre, a UCF graduate. I used to make mobile games with Starling, but... I didn't like making casual games hah. I'm not even going to link to it here it's so bad xp

I just graduated and am now working on a game with a few classmates of mine called Blacksea Odyssey.

Check it out: http://www.bit.ly/blackseagame

I like programming, art, and design, although I'm not really a master in either. I really want to be an indie game developer and work with small teams on interesting and innovated games (like the rest of us here :p)

joshmarinacci
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: February 05, 2015, 10:07:01 AM »

My name is Josh and I’m working on an 8bit JRPG comedy tribute to old skool Final Fantasy games called Christmas Adventure IV: The Eternal Fruitcake of Light.

The game will be episodic with one chapter released each month. The first two chapters are ready to play now in the browser.  The commercial release with the first four chapters will be ready at the end of March as a downloadable game.  The game dev log is at http://9bit.io/

I'm an engineer and designer, mostly doing UX work in my day job. I've been programming for decades but this is the first game I've tried to really finish and publish.  My non-game dev blog is http://joshondesign.com/

I'm glad to be here.
genericghost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: February 05, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »

Hello! My name is Adam, I'm a web designer by trade and I enjoy making games and writing. I'm looking forward to chatting about games, seeing what everyone is working on and possibly writing a dev log for my game Treatment. 

Right now I've been playing Shovel Knight and Darkest Dungeon Coffee
Raicuparta
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8288 on: February 06, 2015, 12:06:51 AM »

Greetings! My name is Ricardo, and I'm an aspiring game developer from Portugal. I've heard a lot about this place and I don't really know why it took me so long to finally make an account.

Me and a few friends of mine recently started a more "official" group to associate with all the little games we made, called Brave Bunny. Not a lot of games there yet, and most of them can't really be considered finished games. We just try to go with the flow of ideas and see what comes out of it.

The first game I ever made (over 2 years ago) is called Extreme Fall (HTML5 version): a single button 3 player game about some kids jumping off of the towers of my university. Me and a friend of mine made it in 2 days (the version on the website right now is a bit different now) as part of a competition for Microsoft and actually got 2nd place, winning a Kinect and an Xbox 360 controller! It got me really excited and motivated me to continue making small games.

I guess that's about all that's relevant about me Smiley

Follow me @Raicuparta
Audiomancer
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:06 AM »

I've love the forums and have been reading posts for some time now. I figure it's about time I create an account, introduce myself, and fully dive into this community.  My name is Sean - aka The Audiomancer.  I am an aspiring sound designer and am primarily looking to get involved with indie games.  I am a recent graduate, earning a degree in digital audio engineering and I am excited to start my professional career.

Video games are something that I was drawn to ever since I was very young.  In grade school, I decided that I wanted my career to be in video game development.  This decision began to fade as I found a second love, music.  I credit my experience with music for shaping the way I perceive the world - aurally.  From my love of music came my love for audio systems, which then exploded into a passion for sound design.

Now, I am back to my roots and combing my passions for games and audio into what I hope is a lifelong career in video game sound design.  Please DO introduce yourself to me.  Send me a message if you are interested in my talents, want to discuss audio and games, or just want to say hi.  I look forward to meeting, and possibly even work with some of you in the future.
MoonyBaboon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: February 06, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »

Hi, I'm Marco from Italy!
I'm a boring backend developer by day and an indie gamedev by night.
Gamedev has always been in my mind but I started actually developing something about 3 years ago.
My first and latest effort is Wings of Heroes on iOS, a side scrolling ww2 dogfighting game I've created with my brother, and I'm in the process of porting it to cocos2d-x from cocos2d, to be able to deploy to more platforms.
I'm here to chat about our passion for video games and maybe find someone to work with on future projects...
Dinosaursssssss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: February 06, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »

Hi Folks!

My name is Chris, I recently went indie after getting laid off from my job as a tools engineer at a publisher-owned studio. I've been jamming and working on my own stuff in Unity for a couple years, and after my experience working there I'd really like to do my own thing or at least stick to smaller, independent teams for a while. So, I registered an LLC (Fun Ghosts Haunted Fun Factory) and got to work. I just released my first Android game, and I'm planning on continuing to make stuff until the money runs out.

You can check out some of my games on my website.

This is Fun Ghost, my spirit animal and business partner.

I've been lurking here for a little while now, and I'm planning on making a big ol' dev log thread for my second project, which I'm gonna be starting next week (or this weekend, I'm preeeetty excited to get started on it).

Also if anyone is from the Boston area, I'm generally pretty good about going to local games events (Boston Post Mortem, Boston Indies, BFIG, etc) so maybe we've met!

Aldinas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: February 07, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »

I've been lurking long enough so should probably post something here by now!

My names Jason, I'm 27, and up until recently I was really just dabbling in code as a hobby. I'm hoping this year to try and put what I've learned in the last few years into practice and make a few small games (currently Android based, but I'd like to move onto PC eventually) to help me learn more.
edwon
Level 0

I'm Edwon. I make videos, games, and video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8293 on: February 07, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »

Hello I'm Edwon.

I've been working in "creative" fields for about 10 years now. I started out by going to film school, never finished because I started getting jobs directing music videos and I was loving it! Making music videos I started to get really good at the visual effects / animaiton side of things, and that led me to start working in advertising. I did a lot of After Effects / Cinema 4D work and I was also able to direct a few commercials. The money was great, and it really pushed me to make super polished work, but I was really unhappy making commercials for giant corporations.

One day (this was like 2012 maybe) I was considering making a short film, but then I found out about Unity. I had always wanted to make games and had played with engines before (hammer, unreal) but they always seemed too hardcore, but very quickly in Unity I was able to get things moving. I could see this tool was finally something artists could use to make new game mechanics, not just programmers. Ironically, I eventually learned how to program anyways, but I digress.

So, while still freelancing in advertising in Seattle, I started to make games instead of films! They started out very simple, just stuff to learn how Unity works, but I quickly became obessed with the concept of running on waves. I decided to start making a game called "Earthdiver" http://www.edwon.tv/#/earthdiver/

At first I tried to collaborate with programmers I met in Seattle to make Earthdiver, but I found it very hard to keep them motivated and finishing milestones on the project. I couldn't pay them of course so we always agreed to share profits, but that's (rather obviously) not enough to motivate. This aspect of things has been the hardest part of making games for me. It's so different than film where your collaborators are very short term generally. You come together and complete something in a very short but intense period of time. With an indie game, it's all about the marathon (of perhaps years) and balancing all the elements of your life during that marathon. I've seen that many indie game teams are almost like rock bands in the sense that it's a group of people who have bonded in school or at a job and formed the studio out of that bond. I didn't have that. It was super ultra challenging at first.

Anyways because of the lack of programmers I started learning the ropes of programming myself. I had a lot of good advisors (especially my friend Lazer) who taught me a lot about programming. He even helped me out a bit on my second game "Not Alone". http://www.edwon.tv/#/not-alone/

Because Earthdiver was such a challenging project (and I never finished it) I decided to make my second game much simpler. The idea was to make an app that allows you to connect to a totally random person and to see each others fingers on the screen and interact in a beautiful musical environment. I thought this app would only take me a month or two to complete and would be relatively easy with Unity's networking. Boy, was I wrong. This turned into a 7 month struggle for survival. I quickly learned 2 things, be extremely careful who you hire, and don't make a game with networking unless you have a boat load of money and an expert networking programmer. I finally finished the game at the end, but it was so difficult that I didn't want to make indie games on my own anymore. 

That's when Japan happened. I went to GDC in 2012 and there I met people from a small indie studio located in Kyoto, Japan at the indie booth. I started showing them my work (animation, videos, and games) and said I wanted a job. I was interested because they were a small indie studio, and they are in Japan (I love Japan!). I had already been studying the Japanese language for about a year at that point so I thought it would be perfect! So in September 2013 I moved to Japan and began a new job and a new life.

At first I was elated to be there, but I was quickly unhappy with the job. I won't go into details as I don't want to be negative, but it just wasn't for me. One big factor is that I had been freelance my entire career, and suddenly I was a salaried employee working every single day for someone else, and that was hard for me to handle. I quickly became exhausted, gained weight, and was extremely unhappy, so after about 3 months I quit. The best thing I got out of the experience was all the people I met who have almost all moved on to do awesome things since then.

So now I'm on my own again, still living in Japan, and making my own games again. I freelance here and there in the games industry to make the cash flow, but I'm primarily focused on my new game "Wave Master" which I just began a dev log about. I'm on Tig Source because I want somewhere to post that isn't about marketing but more about devs helping each other out. Hopefully this is the place.

Dev Log for Wave Master
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=46130.0

Sorry this post is so long! Does anyone even read these?

vladstorm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: February 08, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »

Soup
I'm Vladimir. I'm used to be a musician but now i'm more into video games and computer graphics.
I write code for last 20 years and atm live in Berlin.
I dont have much to say) Here is my old photo:

Krag
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8295 on: February 08, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »

Hi, I'm Oles (that name is simple but rather unpronouncable by most english speakers - "O" is short, "le" goes like the french in their "le stuff" and "s" is supposed to be soft, like when you spell "see", only you don't say the "ee" part) and I'm a game designer. I spend a lot of time analyzing different gameplay systems (mostly RPGs but I'm interested in the variety of stuff) and I'm mostly aiming to make very balanced, nuanced and complex games. That, in addition, are fun to play. Even if they're built on a basic premise.

I also have a youtube channel where I'm making long, detailed videos about squeezing as much fun as possible from the oldschool RPGs. I'm the guy who can easily kill enclave troopers with flares in the Fallout 2 so yeah.
Aghko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8296 on: February 09, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »

Hi all!
My name is Miguel. I am working in the games industry since 6 years now. I am game designer in MMO F2P games! My Word!
But I am not an evil, trust me. Well, hello there!

I love to make games just for fun, that is the reason why I keep working on my own projects on my free time. There is my attempt to create a mobile physics puzzle game which didn't work quite well... niche said some friends.
After learning how hard is the apps market for a solo guy without budget or mainstream vision I have decided to go for PC.

I have made one mini game:

And dropped

because I wasn't getting the experience I had expected.

Why am I joining the community?
I am starting a new project which I really like, and having a devlog to update is a good way to track my progress and having someone else to report than just myself. Hopefully this will work!

SlimeG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: February 09, 2015, 02:42:48 PM »

Hi every!
My name is Chris. I have been playing video games for 20 years.
Now I start making games myself.
I am a coder, and I really enjoy my work.
FennexStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: February 09, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »

Hey everyone,

My name is Sam Maskell and I'm currently developing my first game 'Annihilation', which is a survival sandbox.I'm been  interested in game design for some time now. My first ever game system was a Sega Genesis, which I would use to play 'Sonic 2' over and over again.

I hope to get my project ready for early singleplayer playtesting early next month (March).

CYON4D
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: February 10, 2015, 01:12:51 AM »

Hey guys! Just found out about this "Introduce Yourself Thread".

My name is Cüneyt Yetişenler (I know, try to pronounce it in English Droop) and I work as a software developer in our own company with my elder brother.

In my free time I like experimenting on different game ideas and developing small prototypes.
Most of these projects are not polished enough to show here but I am working on two big things and I hope to post some info about them on DevLogs.

Here's my crappy blog in which you can find an animated movie I made and a virtual drum player that works with QWERTY keyboard made using XNA Fremework: http://cuneytyetisenler.blogspot.com.tr/  Hand Any Key

I also make 2D/3D art and animation: http://theodenn.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/
I am also on Pixel Joint as "Theoden": http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/29255.htm
I play guitar, bass and drums and compose my own works: https://soundcloud.com/cuneyt_yetisenler
I composed the soundtrack of a not yet released android game called "Alien Defense" developed by an awesome Canadian indie developer.

I love using XNA Framework (despite the fact that microsoft rage quit on it) and currently experimenting with Monogame Framework.

I have a thing for old school games and have been gaming since early 90s on PC and that reflects well upon my game projects. I enjoy playing good old Ultima 8: Pagan, Ultima Online, Hexen & Heretic, Dwarf Fortress, simulations(GTR2, IL-2 Sturmovik Series, Silent Hunter Series), Supreme Commander and Minecraft.

See you around guys!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:21:45 AM by Arethrid » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic