Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:07:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952045 times)
shanakadu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8300 on: February 10, 2015, 04:09:11 AM »

Hi everyone!

I don't have a lot of experience programming games, although I have written few of them when i was studying.
The case is I've been developing corporate applications for a long time and after a while I needed a change: to do something that makes me feel alive. The decision was hard to take, but at the end I left everything to start focus in what really matters, be happy and develop games. And here I am, but I'm not alone, I have a partner, a friend who was so tired as myself - Kirtov in this forum - and together we started this adventure.

We are here to learn, learn, learn, and, if we are able to do it, to help other developers who are passing the problems and difficulties we have already passed.

Learning new ways of living in  Tormentes
Facebook: tormentes
Twitter: @tormentesEn
GooglePlus: +TormentesPlus
jewelsrpg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: February 10, 2015, 08:04:40 AM »

Hi!

First time game developer here, with quite some experience programming but really green in the gamedev area.

My first game is Jewels RPG a simple jewel matching + RPG. I will publish it on mobile (Android first) and then we will see.

After a too many unpublished experiments I'm battling procrastination and trying to finish and publish this one, wish me luck!
Kaemura
Level 0

@Kaemura

View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: February 10, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »

Hey I'm Justin, I have a wide range of interests, but video games have always been my passion, and I'm pretty eclectic about the games I enjoy playing and designing. I've been teaching myself everything I can, and experimenting in each area of game development for about 8 years. I've been quiet for a long time, but I plan to start putting things out there this year, time to share!
Pericuelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8303 on: February 11, 2015, 01:09:05 AM »

Hi all!

Well, I'm horrible at presentations and so, but I will try my best.

I'm Pere, a game developer from Barcelona. I like video games, and at some point of my life I decided that I want to create my own games, so I started to code. Currently, I'm working with a small team trying to finish our first "big" game (yeah, probably is not that big, but is bigger than previous. And bigger than I thought at the beginning, thats for sure).

Since we started, we worked a lot in our "small world", so it looks like it's time to take a walk for that thing called internet.

Nice to meet you!

engineStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:40 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm a developer with almost 8 years of experience working with my own projects (professional applications with openGL for mobile). I've started working on strategy games in 2013 and after producing an unfinished RTS game, now I'm working on a new game, Deltalands and I'll be glad to use this forum as a constructive devlog. So see you in the devlog!

Follow Deltalands on indieDB http://www.indiedb.com/games/deltalands
albert_slg
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: February 11, 2015, 06:09:41 AM »

Hellooo everyone!

First of all sorry by my english if I say something weird, I'm working on improve it  Coffee

I'm a game developer (3D Artist) from a city near to Barcelona. Some people hace talked about gamedev and could wait no register and start learning and (as far as i can) helping others in their projects. We are a small group developing a great game (;P).

Nice to meet you all!
MintBo@rd_9322
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: February 11, 2015, 06:11:53 AM »

Hey Everyone! Smiley

I'm Judhajit Sarkar and I'm from India,Calcutta. Currently I'm pursuing my graduation on animation and VFX and game art.
The first game that i ever played was Mario and the first thought that came into my mind after playing it was that with a game i can become anything or anyone and create whatever i want, as if becoming a GOD, well more of a virtual GOD.The first game that i built was in Visual Basic.

Currently I, with my brother(who is a game programmer and works for a company) is working on a game which i intend to release on the android devices soon.This will be the first game that we would release on android. I'm super excited about it, but more on that when the time is right.

My sole purpose of joining this forum is to gain as much knowledge on game development as i can and i would also be glad to help others in any way possible. Hope for an awesome experiance here!! CHEERS!!! :D
Alienboy
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8307 on: February 11, 2015, 07:21:07 AM »

Hi,

Until someone else joins I'm the newest member!

I help run Animal Apps, which is releasing apps, mostly games, to raise money for animal protection and welfare organisations.

The plan is to give at least 50% of the profits from each game to the specific cause we made it to benefit.

Our first app, provisionally titled Moon Bear Mania, should be out in late March/early April.

http://www.animalapps.co.uk

Cheers,

Alienboy

Animal Apps - Great games for good causes!
reneelias03
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: February 11, 2015, 02:36:09 PM »

Hey y'all.

My name is Rene, and I just recently earned the ability to christen myself an official indie game developer by releasing my first ever game on Android.

I've played games my entire life, starting with the original NES and Game Boy. The real life-changing game for me was Ocarina of Time. Never had I experienced something so engrossing in my 8 year old life, and I was immediately swooning. It's been a love affair with video games ever since.

Even then, a few years back as a teenager I was more than 100% sure I was going to go into the film business. I was technically a professional video editor, and my trajectory was pretty clear. But, after some life-changing moments and revelations, I realized there was really only one path for me to venture forward on: Video Games.

Since those revelations I have taken up to learning coding in several different languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, etc, while still keeping my artistic sensibilities intact. I wrote my just-released first game in Java using LibGDX.

There's more to the story, but that's about the most interesting stuff. Glad to meet you all!

-Rene Gomez
syawqy
Level 0

zzz

View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: February 11, 2015, 04:49:10 PM »

hi all,
syawqy here, I'm from Indonesia,I've been trying making games since 2012, and have been making plenty minigames since then.
mostly for game jam like ludum dare or other game jams
you can check almost all my games here
http://gamejolt.com/profile/syawqy/18905/
if you see, more than half of my games is a shooter game or shmup or shoot'em up
not just because it's easier for me to make shmup, I love playing it too (but I'm bad at it Embarrassed)
so, if any of you making a shmup,you can contact me, I'll gladly giving any feedback or suggestion you need

that's all
cheers

Play my shmup ==>
Nyl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8310 on: February 11, 2015, 08:22:51 PM »

Helloo Tigsource! Smiley
My name is Caitlyn, I am a pixel artist and photographer. My brother does all the programming and I make the art but I'm planning on having him teach me some programming soon. Pretty much everything I know about computers and video games, I have either learned from my brother or on my own by experimenting and such. I am currently working on a game with him and will be posting on here about it.

Shrug
Bye guys!  Grin
Bernardolo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: February 12, 2015, 12:56:45 AM »

Hi TIGSource people!

I'm Bernardolo, a developer from Barcelona (I work with Pericuelo)
I discovered video games when I was six with Super Mario Bros, and I fell in love with it. I always wanted to be a comic artist or a video game developer. I thought that video games was only for large companies, so I studied Fine Arts and comic drawing. Some years ago, thanks to Braid, Super Meat Boy and another indies, I saw that it was possible to make games with a small team, and I began the adventure.

I work as an artist and game designer, and we hope to release our first game for consoles and pc during this year.
My strongest references are Zelda (2D and 3D) Super Mario, Super Meat Boy, Braid, Super Metroid...
I also love games as Skyrim, Fallout, Gone Home, X-Com, The Witcher, Papers Please...
I don't  specially like shooters, sports games, and race games, but there are exceptions.

Well, that's all! Sorry for my english, and we'll continue meeting us!
Isa
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: February 12, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »

Hey my name is Isa and I am planning to make a game. I have worked with a friend on a couple games in limited capacity but now I am gonna be leading a project of my own. That friend suggested that this forum is a great resource for helping to develop a game, for a bunch of reasons.

Games are a huge part of my life. I have had personal awesome moments, but also it has been the primary way I hangout and have fun with my friends and my family. So there are stories I would like to tell and I feel most comfortable with video games so that is what I am gonna try to do.
k3rmit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: February 13, 2015, 12:49:32 AM »

Hi there! My name is Bartek and I'm from Poland. I work as a (mostly) iOS developer and try to make games in my spare time. I did the mistake of trying to make a Fallout-like RPG (because, of course I did) in my youth, which made me think it's impossible to be a self-taught one man army gamedev. And here I am, a decade later, maybe not super successful, but with a couple of released games.

I'm looking forward to this community and I hope I will be a valuable member.

Cheers!
DwarvenArtisan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8314 on: February 13, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »

Hi!

My name is David and I'm from Austria.
I'm currently working on my first game and will be finishing it pretty soon.
I was gaming very much in my younger years, but for some time now I'm having trouble finding lasting joy in games. And I like having challengin projects, so i decided to try and get into programming to be able to create my own games Wink. Since I'm working as a 3D artist for advertisements, I've got that part pretty much covered.
I started with tutorials, books and articles to get into game developing and programming in Unity in September 2014.

Now i figured it's time to reach out and connect to the community. If you're interesed in what I'm currently creating, please take a look here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=46280.0

robokick
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8315 on: February 13, 2015, 10:25:45 AM »

Hey! My name is Mohammed Taher from Kuwait. I'm the founder and director of a Tokyo-based music label called Brave Wave. My composer friend Eirik Suhrke told me about the website last year and it took me a year to remember, haha. Looking forward to checking out the various forums. Smiley
Chrrr
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: February 14, 2015, 11:00:26 AM »

Hello there!  Gentleman

I am a beginner programmer who is attempting to put my new found knowledge to practise. I'm having issues with creating an executable file so my apologies if you don't have Python and PyGame. I would very much appreciate any suggestions towards my code.

You can find the source code at my Github repository here: https://github.com/cmander/pong

Screenshot:

Controls:
Q = Quit game
R = Replay

A = P1 Move Up
Z = P1 Move Down

J = P2 Move Up
M = P2 Move Down

Thanks. Smiley
BeastsFuryStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: February 14, 2015, 08:29:27 PM »

Hi i am Ryhan Stevens from BeastsFuryStudios i have been making a fighting game for the last 2 years looking to get some general feed back. See what i can do to improve the game.
Cirrus Minor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: February 14, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »

Hi!
I'm a software developer, and I'd quite interested in indie game dev.
Sorry but, as I'm a non native English speaker... Well, I hope what I'm writing makes sense Tongue
I'm working on an action game for nearly one year, and I will ask for some feedback in the appropriate forum section.

And I'd like to thank the team for the TIG website and forum!

LeonDaydreamer
Level 1

Just dreaming out loud.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8319 on: February 15, 2015, 11:16:43 AM »

Hi everyone! My name is Leonid Pilchin (@LeonDaydreamer). I am an artist and animator by trade. I love classic style adventure games like Monkey Island and Broken Sword, and always dreamed of helping create some myself. I have some great ideas for stories I've never been able to realize, but now I really want to make my best effort to bringing some of them to life!

I'm currently working on a game called Back To Reality.

Sometimes I make things like this...

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic