Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:02:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950435 times)
cookingsource
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8400 on: March 16, 2015, 08:28:22 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Rafael. I'm one half of Alquimiaware. I love speaking about technical stuff and game design. I've worked at EA doing localization for several titles and on smaller game companies doing gameplay programming and tools. I have only worked as programmer but also love art and design. Right now at our team I'm working as designer/programmer mainly, appart from wearing several other hats from time to time. We are working in a game about discovering the magic of drumming your way out of trouble.

I love making games because I love both art and tech. And I think games a great place to know a little bit of everything and still make a living out of it. Apart from that, as a medium it lets us express very deep experiences for others to be felt. And last but not least I love it because it's a greenfield, a domain in continous development with a lot of unknowns and I love that kind of feeling of exploration.

I beleive we indie game developers should work together in opensource solutions to problems common to most of us, like localization, integration with external services, etc. None of it is our competitive edge, and if we had that kind of stuff solved, we would not waste so much time reinvening the wheel and we could give that time to create greater experiences for our audience. I'll do what I can when the time comes.

Thanks a lot each one of you for making real a so passionate community.

Good luck! Have fun! And enjoy the discussion ^^

One half of Alquimiaware  @cookingsource
Gabahulk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: March 16, 2015, 04:03:32 PM »

Hello everybody !

My name is Gabriel. I'm from Brazil and fresh out from college with a degree in computer science . My dream job is making games, but I have little to no the experience on it , but I'm trying to make something Currently ! My favorite game of all time is Starfox 64 ( Ahh the memories !). Every little piece of game design, from level design, to story and psicology facinates me, and there is no better feeling than perceiving how these topics are done in both good and bad games but my personal preference is procedural content and AI . That's all ! And sorry for any english mistake ( please correct me if it pleases you! ). Panda
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8402 on: March 16, 2015, 06:17:50 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name's Dana Difilippantonio and I'm part of a music/sound design studio called Pixel Sound. The three of us have been friends for 10+ years, and have all made our own individual ventures into creating music for games, etc - until we finally wised up and decided to team up! I'll be the one handling our TIG forum account - looking forward to checking out all of your awesome games Smiley

Thanks!

---
Pixel Sound https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
Dana Difilippantonio, Composer
Dustin Lowes, Composer/Sound Designer
Michael Dooley, Composer

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
RevCosmosis
Level 0

ok person extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8403 on: March 16, 2015, 06:45:02 PM »

Hey everyone! I've already introduced myself here before, but that was a little over four years ago, so I'm gonna do it again.

I'm a 19 year old student from the USA Midwest, and I want to get into the games business. I've been developing games for a good while, but I've only decided I want to make it my profession in the last couple of years. Now I'm trying to make larger projects rather than small experiments.

I specialize in level design, but I have a bit of a hand in quite a few aspects of game development - design, programming, and music/sound. I'm trying to get better at art and writing, but most of the games I make end up working around those deficiencies (read: puzzle games).

I'm currently studying Pre-Architecture, and I'll be applying to Architecture proper at the end of this semester.

Musician, level/game designer, professional moper
NostalgicGrotto
Level 0

Extreme Heart R Dev

View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: March 17, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »

Hi, everyone. I'm NostalgicGrotto! I'm a indie dev, and web dev who works with Java and Unity mainly.

Some games that have inspired me to dev are PSO, OoT, Virtual-On, Gundam Extreme VS, and Kingdom Hearts. Though those are just the more recent ones.

By the way, can someone tell me how to get a avatar? I've tried linking to images that are less then 100x100px, I tired uploading to imgur cause I thought it was dropbox acting up, but every time I hit apply nothing happens.  Sad
bcampolo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: March 17, 2015, 06:50:45 PM »

Hi, my name is Bruno Campolo.  I run a one-man part-time hobbyist game dev studio.  I have released two games in the past (Trials of Werlin and Invadazoid) and I'm currently working on a 2D space MMO called Starship Empire.  I'm a huge sci-fi fan (primarily space opera, but open to anything).  I'm 35 and have a wife and two kids.
SCAREKRO
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8406 on: March 17, 2015, 07:58:29 PM »

Hi guys, my name is Ricky or SCAREKRO (my online name). I am a game lover and an aspiring indie game developer.

My top 100 games are:
1. Elite (Amiga - 1984)
 2. Fragile Allegiance (PC - 1996)
 3. God of War 1,2&3 (PS2/3 – 2005-2010)
 4. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 - 2006)
 5. Total Annihilation (PC - 1997)
 6. Killzone 2 (PS3 - 2009)
 7. FarCry (PC - 2004)
 8. Dark Souls (PS3 - 2011)
 9. MineCraft (PC/PS3 – 2009/13)
 10. Natural Selection 2 (PC -2012)
 11. GTA San Andreas (PS2 - 2004)
 12. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (PS3 - 2007)
 13. Metal Gear Solid (PS1 - 1998)
 14. The Last of Us (PS3 - 2013)
 15. Halflife (PC - 1998)
 16. Command & Conquer (PC - 1995)
 17. Brutal Legend (PS3 - 2009)
 18. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3 - 2008)
 19. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3 - 2013)
 20. Demon’s Souls (PS3 - 2010)
 21. Dungeon Keeper 2 (PC - 1999)
 22. Mass Effect 2 (PS3 - 2011)
 23. Sid Meier’s Pirates (Amiga - 1987)
 24. S.T.A.L.K.E.R (PC - 2007)
 25. Manhunt (PS2 - 2003)
 26. Command & Conquer : Red Alert (PC - 1996)
 27. Civilization II (PC - 1996)
 28. Red Dead Redemption (PS3 - 2010)
 29. Secret of Monkey Island (Amiga/PS3 - 1990)
 30. Pinball Dreams (Amiga - 1992)
 31. Counter Strike (PC - 2000)
 32. Aliens Vs. Predator 2 (PC - 2001)
 33. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3 - 2006)
 34. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 - 2002)
 35. Mafia (PC - 2002)
 36. Resident Evil (PS1 - 1996)
 37. Terraria (PC/PS3/Vita – 2011)
 38. Dragonball Tenkaichi II (PS2 - 2006)
 39. Time Splitters 2 (PS2 - 2002)
 40. Skyrim (PS3 - 2011)
 41. Battlefield 1942 (PC - 2002)
 42. Doom 2 (PC - 1994)
 43. Bully (PS2 – 2006)
 44. Tomb Raider (PS1 - 1996)
 45. StarHawk (PS3 - 2012)
 46. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3 - 2009)
 47. Z (PC - 1996)
 48. Mega Lo Mania (Amiga - 1991)
 49. Call of Duty: World at War – Nazi Zombies (PS3 - 2008)
 50. Journey (PS3 - 2012)
 51. Ni No Kuni (PS3 - 2013)
 52. Beyond Good and Evil (PC/PS3 -2003/11)
 53. Warzone 2100 (PC – 1999)
 54. VietCong (PC - 2003)
 55. Infamous (PS3 - 2009)
 56. Comet Crash (PS3 - 2009)
 57. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3 - 2010)
 58. Lost Dutchman’s Mine (Amiga - 1989)
 59. Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (PS1 - 1998)
 60. Riven (PS1 - 1997)
 61. Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II (PS2 - 2004)
 62. Champions of Norrath (PS2 - 2004)
 63. Guitar Hero (PS2 - 2005)
 64. MotorStorm Pacific Rift (PS3 – 2008)
 65. NHL Hitz 2002 (PS2 – 2002)
 66. Alien Breed (Amiga - 1991)
 67. Another World (Amiga/PC - 1991)
 68. Hunter (Amiga - 1991)
 69. Tokyo Jungle (PS3 - 2012)
 70. Fat Princess (PS3 - 2009)
 71. Medal of Honour (PS1 - 1999)
 72. The Warriors (PS2 - 2005)
 73. Dungeon Defenders (PS3 - 2011)
 74. SimCity 2000 (PC - 1994)
 75. Killzone 3 (PS3 - 2011)
 76. Dead Island (PS3 – 2011)
 77. Resident Evil 4 (PS2 – 2005)
 78. Battalion Wars 2 (Wii - 2007)
 79. Super Stardust (PS3 – 2007)
 80. The Suffering (PS2 - 2004)
 81. Zack and Wiki (Wii - 2007)
 82. Exploding Fist (Commodore 64 - 1985)
 83. Rollcage (PS1 - 1999)
 84. Dogs of War (Amiga - 1989)
 85. Pikmin II (Wii – 2009)
 86. MotorStorm (PS3 - 2006)
 87. Dead Space (PS3 – 2008)
 88. Fire Power (Amiga – 1988)
 89. Defender of the Crown (Amiga - 1986)
 90. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3 – 2007)
 91. Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4 - 2013)
 92. Medievil (PS2 - 1998)
 93. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PS2 - 1999)
 94. Boulder Dash (Commodore 64 - 1984)
 95. The Walking Dead (PS3 - 2012)
 96. Def Jam: Fight for New York (PS2 - 2004)
 97. Mashed (PS2 – 2005)
 98. Trap Gunner (PS1 - 1998)
 99. North & South (Amiga - 1989)
 100. Dune II: Battle for Arrakis (Amiga -1992)

I have been playing games all my life, starting on the Commodore 64 & Amiga 500.
My uncle and father, who were/are also pretty passionate gamers were the ones that introduced me to gaming. One of my early memories was of my uncle giving me a C64 syntax/coding manual that helped you build a pong type game. I remember making it and thinking "WOW! I made this".
Since that moment, I have always wanted to make a game, but I guess I kind of got lost, doing normal life stuff, school, uni, work and playing other people's games.
But last year, I decided I was sick of dreaming about doing this and talking about that "one day...." I decided to begin my journey as an indie game developer!

I am currently working on my first game: Solotra.B.

Solotra.B is a 2D, top down, retro styled space shooter,
that has some tower defence elements. It is influenced by many of my favourite childhood games, in particular, Elite, K240, Mega lo Mania, Sid Meier's Pirates, Space Invaders and Asteroids.

It has been pretty difficult trying to work on so many aspects within my game (of which I really have no experience with, sfx, music, art etc.) and juggle it with working full time and having a 3 year old son but I am very much enjoying it and I am learning all the time. I am hoping to have a finished game someday!

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Twitter: @Scarekrogames
Indie DB:http://www.indiedb.com/games/solotrab

Alopex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: March 18, 2015, 03:51:37 AM »

Hi!
I'm Rob, thought it would be about time I joined the forums. I'm a games programmer and have released two games on the android play store. Really looking forward to contributing to the forum!

For anyone who's interested this is my personal site: http://www.robert-potter.co.uk
and these are my games:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AlopexStudios.TheDrop - The Drop
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AlopexStudios.ChromaCatch&hl=en_GB - Chroma Catch

Cheers
Doc_Blender
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: March 18, 2015, 04:37:58 AM »

Hi people,

I'm Xabier, from Spain. I play games since I was a child and now I'm trying to develope my own games. I know it will be hard but...it's our dream. Two friends and me founded a indie development studio called MeigaLabs. We just launched our first game and now we are doing some marketing...

We expect to do good work and play games...a lot of games

Glad to be part of this place.
Zaubermancy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: March 18, 2015, 07:37:47 AM »

Greetings TigForums!

We are Descendent Studios (http://descendentstudios.com/), an indie game studio based in Austin, Texas. We have our eyes on the stars, and fierce passion for PC space gaming.

Our flagship project is Descent: Underground, a modern reboot of the 1995 classic Descent. The project Kickstarter is currently underway: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/descendentstudios/descent-underground?ref=nav_search.  I can tell you more about that in the town hall.

Great to meet everyone! If you have questions about our quest to craft an unparalled zero-G dog fighting deathmatch fun, please reach out to me.

Zaubermancy
Descendent Studios
Media Writer
[email protected]
Firgof
Level 0

Curator, Forgotten Workshop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8410 on: March 18, 2015, 10:33:38 AM »

Hey y'all.

I work for Blind Mind Studios, LLC.  We're a tiny 3-man studio (well 2-man, I guess, and an outside 1-man studio who collaborates with us) whose titles include Star Ruler 1 and - soon as it comes 'round to the 27th, officially -- Star Ruler 2 (Check it out if you're into 4X/RTS).  We're big on mechanics as a developer and love to try out new stuff in our games; what we lack in money for art assets we make up for with elbow-grease.

Anywho, me, personally: I'm from the mod scene.  I got my big break working on Star Ruler 1 from co-creating and managing for several years the Garry's Mod Mod/Addon "SpaceBuild ModelPack [SBMP]/SpaceBuild Enhancement Project [SBEP]".  It was a fairly popular mod for Spacebuild, which was a niche - but very robust - gamemode.  But my roots come from level design - I was making levels for Doom and Duke3D (and ZZT - for whoever remembers what that was) in the days of dial-up internet and it was pretty guerilla warfare compared to the tools we've got these days.

I do a little bit of everything, as a consequence of me wanting to make games and never having anybody else who was interested in making the games with me: art, sound, level design, writing, modeling, texturing, animation, concept/environment/mechanical/character-art, interface/particle-system design and even a little programming on the side.  I've worn so many hats I'd need a separate closet to store 'em.  But I'm still pretty young as developers go: Only really have been working 'in the industry' for about seven years now.

I'm also a little long-winded and I'll talk your ear off if you let me, so I'm going to cut this post 'short' and just say 'the rest'll reveal itself over time'.  Anywho, y'all feel free to contact me if you want to.

James Woodall,
Co-lead Developer, Blind Mind Studios, LLC.
firgof [at] blind-mind [dot] com
OutoMaisteri
Level 0

Call me Oddy ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8411 on: March 18, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »

Hiya all! I'm Oddy, a 24 year old lone indie from Finland. As I tend to ramble easily, I'll try to keep my introduction short and sweet and instead try to put my verbal diarrhea to good use and channel it towards giving feedback to others Wink (Quick shout-out to all Oddworld and Halo fans out there!)

So, like most of you here, I've been gaming since childhood. I also knew from quite an early age that I wanted to make games for a living. I started making games way back when I was in grade school, but there was a long period in my teens when I stopped making games and almost gave up on my dream. Thankfully though, I was introduced to Unity on a game development course in school a few years back and I've been back on the saddle happily ever since!

Also like many of you, I'm kind of a "Jack of all trades". I've done a bit of everything during the years, but I focus mainly on game design and programming, which serves me well in prototyping my own projects. I haven't really published anything in so far, but that should change soon enough. I'm currently working on two projects actively: a rogue-like top-down shooter with a team of 4 people and a 4-player local deathmatch/party game on my own. I'm aiming to launch a demo of the latter in the next month or two, so look towards to some couch multiplayer fun "soon"! I'll be looking towards to getting some good and constructive criticism from you guys!

Now then, I shall try to make good on my promise and go snoop around the forums and find some projects to give feedback on. Hopefully I'll be able to become a productive member of this community. Catch y'all later!
3magicshots
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: March 19, 2015, 08:17:23 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I am Steve. Very happy to be a part of this community.

I am a iOS developer, well that what i like to call myself. I started liking games when i was a kid and my elder bro got his first Atari since then always planned of making my own games. had some crazy ideas did know how to execute them also never has the resources .Then one fine day i decided to chase my dream, so here i am building my own game.

Lets see how it goes from here.

Regards
Steve
derekdetweiler
Level 0

Man found alive with two legs.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8413 on: March 19, 2015, 06:40:46 PM »

Hi, I'm Derek. I tried to sign up with 'derek' as my username, but it didn't work. Apparently there's already another derek here.  Facepalm

I'm half of a two-man studio in Hickory, NC, focused on HTML5 game development (http://gopherwoodstudios.com/). We've made several games, including both independent and contract titles. We've also worked on related tech including an open-source game engine for PBS KIDS.
Captain Jim
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: March 20, 2015, 01:13:31 AM »

Cap’n Jim reporting in! I’ve been beavering away for *gulp* 5 years(!) on my company RedBreast Studio’s first iOS title, Rogue Star.

We’re hoping to buck the trend with the current mobile market. It’s a standalone space combat game with an emphasis on dogfighting and trading. No ads and no iap’s! https://www.facebook.com/roguestargame

I’ve worked in the British games industry for quite a few years and been lucky enough to be involved in titles such as the Fable franchise and Diehard Trilogy.

I’ll be posting in the announcement thread soon but thought I’d say hi here first. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] Happy to share info on the game and crazy dev experience. (in-between the stress fuelled haze of finishing up!)
Ungooly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8415 on: March 20, 2015, 03:38:21 AM »

Hey Guys,

My name's Martin, I'm one of 5 devs at a small indie development studio in Manchester, UK. We're called Lamplight Studios, technically I'm a programmer, but based on the fact that we're tiny, I'm also usually the PR/Marketing guy, and opinionated enough to ensure I get my 2 cents in on design.

Here's our company website, because I'm sure you're really eager to see it:
http://lamplightstudios.co.uk/

And a link to our first game "A Pixel Story"'s trailer:

This is me when I look at a camera and don't look particularly photogenic:

I'm pretty passionate about a lot of things, food, film, music and of course games, so I'm regularly interested in pitching in on most discussions about most things. I grew up a SEGA fan boy, sticking with it until the bitter end, finishing on such titles as PSO, Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Adventure 2. Before I parted to the greener (less company collapsy) pastures of PC gaming, where I was introduced to such fabulous titles as Diablo, Warcraft 2, Half-life.

After a love affair with games for a long time, and moving onto a University course specifically focused to games design I ended up getting into a broader range of games, Mass Effect, Braid, Warcraft 3 are now firmly solidified as my 3 favourite titles of all time. That's very importantly Mass Effect one, unfortunately the series went slowly downhill.

I'm also insanely competitive, so if anyone ever wants a ruck on SSFIV or League, let's throw down.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:44:01 AM by Ungooly » Logged
Marconi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8416 on: March 20, 2015, 07:51:16 AM »

Hello everyone!
My name's Marconi, and i from Brazil (and I do not write in English very well... Roll Eyes).

I'm graduated in Animation and already had a company providing animation services for advertising, but I dropped everything and decided to dedicate myself to a passion: videogames!

This is my first game released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4UQxJ8yGDI&feature=youtu.be&vq=hd720

Doing videogames I managed to combine two things I always liked: animated movies and games.
I'm very eclectic in my game tastes, so it is difficult to name a few here... Embarrassed

jamesabels
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: March 20, 2015, 07:01:51 PM »

Hey everyone!

Composer here, currently working on Lithium City
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=46894.0

You can read my current thoughts on the musical direction on the devlog above.

I am currently available as well, even though I will be gearing up to jump into Lithium City soon!

Here is my website:
http://www.jamesabels.net/

and Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/jamesabels

I figured I had better say hello, or forever remain a man baby.  Cry
Keyshadow
TIGBaby

Follow me on Twitter: @Candlelight_S

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8418 on: March 21, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »

Hey guys!

My name is Josh! I am a solo indie game dev  Smiley who loves making games... and emotes  Wink! Hehehehe!

My favoriate games are Final Fantasy IX and The Last Story. Having said that I also play a lot of League of Legends and Titanfall  Big Laff!

I've long been a lurker around these parts, but this is the first time I've decided to post something. I want to get more involved with game dev communities, and I thought what's better way to start than at TIG, given I browse the forum nearly everyday  Gomez!

So if I make a forum mistake, then just gief me buzz and wait for me to beg for forgiveness  Beg!
wisetaner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: March 21, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Mike and I'm glad to finally be registered on this forum, only took about 24 hours due to some technical difficulties  Roll Eyes
Anyway, about me, I received my Bachelor of Science degree in 2013 in 3D modeling and animation, though with game and movie developers being such an extremely competitive field I ended up finding employment as an IT Help Desk representative.

However thanks to a friend of mine introducing me to indie game development, I've spent the past year taking what I learned from my college degree and applying it to developing my own indie game. At this point I have a really cool storyline (plot, characters, dialogue, settings, etc), a deep understanding of how to run a business, Unreal Engine, and some concept drawings.

What I don't yet have is a team to help me develop the game, but I suppose that is a completely separate topic of discussion.

Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone.

Mike

Wise = Accepting that you will always be learning new information and that no one knows everything. When you make a mistake, do not let pride rule you, instead accept, acknowledge, learn from, and move on from that mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic