Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:56:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952248 times)
Fayer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8420 on: March 22, 2015, 11:18:21 AM »

Hey, my name is Antonio and my nickname is Fayer. I'm from Mexico City. I've been making games for a couple of years and a year ago I started HyperBeard Games with a friend. We have released a couple of mobile games and we want to work on something bigger, maybe for PC or consoles.

Anyways, I hope to participate here often.
Cheers!

fingerman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8421 on: March 23, 2015, 09:01:34 AM »

hi, i'm a hobby developer who used to dabble in blitz basic and started far to many ambitious projects.
now i will just stick to more arcady style games and keep it simple...

games we used to like playing were gothic and gta2. humour and social commentary in games are allways a nice thing haha.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:22:20 AM by fingerman » Logged
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8422 on: March 23, 2015, 06:07:56 PM »

Welcome everyone!

Gabs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: March 24, 2015, 04:10:57 AM »

Hello! I'm Gab and I am solo Unity Developer. I'm from the Philippines.

I started learning unity back in 2011 but I haven't really shipped a game since. Right now I'm developing "Hex Rush Ultra" which hopefully will be my first game that I will release.

Hello!
Cheers!
 Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Gomez
Koronello
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8424 on: March 24, 2015, 10:40:31 AM »

Well, I think I had an introduction post years ago but I decided to start making music and posting here again so yeah.

I am an artist and I play guitar.  I've been making video game music for years but I stopped for awhile and I'm getting back into it recently.
Not all that much to know about me, but you can check out some of my music on my soundcloud in my signature.  I'll be posting some new songs very soon which I'm making for an RPG a friend of mine is working on.
Hope to get to know the community!

Started back up on composing game music:
https://soundcloud.com/koronello
Pizzamakesgames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8425 on: March 24, 2015, 03:17:46 PM »

Hi. I'm a former art student turning desperate game dev from Germany. I like games that are trying to be themselves rather than appealing. I also like grimy chiptune. I also make all of the above, as I think you should create what you want there to be more of. This community seems wicked, I hope I am allowed to hang here.

Esenthel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: March 24, 2015, 09:59:22 PM »

I'm a game and game engine developer, check out my website:
http://www.esenthel.com/
benzi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8427 on: March 25, 2015, 12:01:17 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Benzi, an indie developer based in India. I run what I like to think of as a software design studio (sigh... its a blog, kind of) called Folded Paper www.folded-paper.com.

I am currently working on a puzzle game called Nevergrid.

I draw, code, do a bit of cycling and trail running when I can. In a past life, I've been a Tech Lead for a software company, and have travelled for work to places like Singapore, the Middle East, Switzerland, Netherlands, the UK (especially Scotland  Smiley )...

When I'm not coding, you can sometimes catch me enjoying my re-runs of Breaking Bad.

Nice to be here
Cheers!

Benzi Ahamed | Nevergrid
www.folded-paper.com
Grako
Level 0

Think outside the box!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8428 on: March 25, 2015, 10:23:49 AM »

Hello gamers and developers!

I started making games since I got my ZX Spectrum, so I'm really glad the times of indie (mobile) games have come, so I can find myself in these strange days for gamers looking for some unique and enjoyable gameplay.

I'm so glad to find myself in this community, especially because I want to share with you what I've been working on for the last year, so see you in the Playtesting forum!

Cheers!
Grako (http://grako.czuby.net)
MakGams2014
Level 0

I MAKS GAM 2016

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8429 on: March 25, 2015, 12:04:54 PM »

HELLLO I AM MAKGAMS and I MAK GAMS I AM A HIGHSKOOL COLLAGE SEENYOUR AND I MAK GAMS PLEEZD TO MEAT YOO!!!!!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
 Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh Corny Laugh
http://maksgams2012.itch.io/http://maksgams2012.itch.io/http://maksgams2012.itch.io/http://maksgams2012.itch.io/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:55:02 PM by MakGams2014 » Logged

ZanDooma
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8430 on: March 25, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »

Hi. I go by the name of Zandooma on most websites. I am currently studying computer science as my major in college. I am interested in mastering the art of making video games. I helped make the game Lunar Reflex for ios.
Polyflare
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8431 on: March 26, 2015, 12:43:54 AM »

Hi everybody!

I'm an experienced software developer generalist that has slowly been moving into the small studio/indie games scene over the course of several years. Low-level development is what I find the most interesting and there is tonnes of that in video games (Engines and performance related activities mainly).

My favourite sort of games are slower paced exploration or strategic games where art plays an important part. Unrealistic and highly stylised art is what I enjoy most.

Nice to meet you all!

<3

I code stuff.
@Polyflare/@UnitVec
Vectrex28
Level 0

King Ghidorah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8432 on: March 26, 2015, 11:05:01 AM »

Hello.
I'm Vectrex28, I make games in 6502 Assembly for the NES, and I'd like to learn another programming language so I could do more complex stuff.
I tried learning Java at some point but failed, and I'll try to do it again now that I successfully (self)-taught myself 6502 Assembly.
Right now, my main focus is a new NES platformer called "Brony Blaster", about blasting My Little Pony-related stuff to smithereens Tongue

Nice to meet you Smiley

Cows go \\\\\\\"MOO!\\\\\\\"
NohpalTait
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: March 26, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »

Hello,

I am going by the name Nohpal Tait because I work for a AAA game company and have signed a contract which I am breaking by working on indie games in my (very limited) spare time. I have a string of abandoned indie projects going back years which I blame partly on being unable to talk about them with anyone. Hence this account.

Professionally, I have programming credit on multiple AAA games, going back just over a decade, but I've found only small parts of those jobs creatively fulfilling. I'm now working as a designer, but find that even less creatively fulfilling - my main goal with indie game dev is to find that creative fulfilment.

I don't think I can say much more about myself without saying anything about myself...
domx
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8434 on: March 27, 2015, 05:34:54 PM »

Hello everyone!

great to be here. I'm Dominik, from Poland. I used to work at Lionhead Studios (Fable III) and later at CD Projekt RED (Witcher 3), but then I abandoned the green pastures of AAA to work on indie games as a part of a two-man team at Robot Gentleman Studios. Originally a programmer (AI programmer to be precise) I'm now having a lot of fun designing, writing and doing all sorts of other stuff that needs to be done to get games developed.
raindays
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: March 28, 2015, 01:40:46 AM »

Hi!

My name's Myeongjin.
I worked as a main game programmer at "30Games" for last 2 years, which is a start-up mobile game company.
And now I'm an indie developer based in Pankyou, South Korea. Because my company was not going well.

Now, I'm making indie games. And great to be here!

Protocol Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8436 on: March 28, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »

Hello!

My name is Carlos, and I am part of a (currently) 4-man indie studio in Madrid, Spain. Protocol Games is our name. Being such a small group, we have a thousand tasks each. I am the programmer and mainly in charge of writing and PR/"Getting our game out there" Smiley.

Here is the website for our first, currently-in-early-development game, Song of Horror...

...and here is a picture of myself doing photosynthesis!

I got into gaming at age 5, when I had my first PC (an Intel 386) and discovered the original Prince of Persia already installed in it! From there, it went downhill. I was mostly a console gamer back in the days (Super NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube, PS2, PS3 and some Wii) but I have mostly moved to PC gaming nowadays.

One of my favorite genres has always been survival horror. I used to play quite a bunch of them with a friend of mine called Ignacio (who is now my partner in this endeavor of ours), and, bit by bit, we saw and felt the genre being stripped of its identity and turned into something else. Something that we didn't like quite as much as we enjoyed the horrific experiences of playing games such as Silent Hill 2, Project Zero or some of the Resident Evils at night.

So... we had always dreamed of making a game, and we felt the time was right. I quit my job as IT helpdesk technician and Ignacio forsook the pursuit of career opportunities in his field (he is an architect). Since October 2014, we have been pouring everything we have on Song of Horror, our game, our "child of the mind", and the dream of our lifetimes Smiley.
DarkFlame
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8437 on: March 28, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »

Hello fellas!

My name is Warren and I've been into video games since I could pick up a controller. The first video game I ever owned to my name was the original Sonic the Hedgehog on SEGA Genesis. I did however play my dad's/older brother's games on the NES and SEGA Master System.

As unoriginal as this might seem - my favorite video game ever is Final Fantasy 7. I mostly played action/platformer/fighting games until I was introduced to this RPG beauty. I actually followed it in development for a year up until I got it on its release in the US. I also enjoy the company of other games like DotA, Assassins Creeds, Dark Souls, Metroidvanias, etc...

I am very new into the indie community but have always wanted to be a part of it. I've been hobbying around some games and am actually creating a Metroidvania right now (www.DarkFlameGame.com).  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:29:24 AM by DarkFlame » Logged
Gabe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: March 29, 2015, 09:09:49 PM »

Hey all,, been working on a Indie MMO for the last 10 years. We recently took 3 months off our jobs to push for a release.

I program, levels, and some minor pixel art Smiley

Panda
Small Giant Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8439 on: March 30, 2015, 03:45:27 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Julius and I'm Marketing Coordinator at Small Giant Games. I have a background in game production and marketing, and I'm currently finishing up my studies at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences.

Now a little bit about us: Small Giant Games is a Helsinki, Finland based game studio consisting of former Habbo Hotel team members. We’re currently working on our first game, Oddwings Escape, and we’re currently in soft launch on iOS in Canada and Australia. We're going to be releasing the game globally soon.

Nice to meet you all and be a part of this community! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic